Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:51:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It's over for the shills and bears - BTC market cap about to explode  (Read 6423 times)
r0ach (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 12:34:01 PM
Last edit: May 17, 2016, 12:59:10 PM by r0ach

Through looking at multiple unrelated stories, I just noticed Barclays seems to be leaving the gold market while likely using Bitcoin in it's place:

Barclays, the British banking giant is not new to digital currency and blockchain technology. The bank, known to encourage and work with innovative technologies has taken another step in that direction by announcing its recent partnership with Circle
The money being transferred over Circle will first be converted into bitcoin and transferred over the bitcoin blockchain.

http://www.newsbtc.com/2016/04/06/barclays-bitcoin-circle/

Not sure if the quote below is correct, but if true, it's a pretty shockingly high number of transaction volume they were pushing with gold in that neighborhood, of which, it now seems like Barclays will be directing a monsoon of money at BTC, which currently only has a $7 billion market cap:

About $5 trillion of transactions are cleared every year in London’s gold market, which Barclays is exiting as it pulls out of precious metals.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-05-16/chinas-largest-bank-quietly-cornering-market-london-physical-gold

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 12:45:26 PM

The epic(est) of roflcopters... You just look so desperate. Are you by any chance a BcX sock? You and her share a similar "passion" for Bitcoin and a fear of any opposing viewpoints.

r0ach (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 12:46:51 PM

The epic(est) of roflcopters... You just look so desperate. Are you by any chance a BcX sock? You and her share a similar "passion" for Bitcoin and a fear of any opposing viewpoints.

Lol, nice try spamming every thread claiming the price is going to crash to 3 pennies "any second!" and putting "bearish" in your sig, but you're not getting any flash crash longs in no matter how much shilling you do, so sorry.  You've been spamming that "boo hoo, I feel the market is so bearish blah blah" crap for months and what happened?  It was $420 and is now $454.  How is that working out for you?

All the bear shills can suck a huge dick.  Have fun buying in higher after wasting all that time shilling.  When you go log on the Winklevoss site to go beg them for coins, tell them r0ach sent you.

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
jaredboice

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 01:38:12 PM

Lol, nice try spamming every thread claiming the price is going to crash to 3 pennies "any second!" and putting "bearish" in your sig, but you're not getting any flash crash longs in no matter how much shilling you do, so sorry.  You've been spamming that "boo hoo, I feel the market is so bearish blah blah" crap for months and what happened?  It was $420 and is now $454.  How is that working out for you?

All the bear shills can suck a huge dick.  Have fun buying in higher after wasting all that time shilling.  When you go log on the Winklevoss site to go beg them for coins, tell them r0ach sent you.

It seems fairly obvious to me that a lot of the so called analysts many look to for trading advice on this forum are certainly protecting their own interest. As far as flash crashes go, they can happen at any time and then rebound in a matter of hours or days. But that's why I don't trade with the robots. I typically just buy and hold. Traders and shillers don't like that at all because it makes their pool much smaller.

With that said, there's a hard limit of 21 million bitcoins. The market cap is still a tiny $6-7 billion.  It could easily double and double again and double another time after that and still be a very tiny market for what Bitcoin should be worth. We are approximately 2 months from the block reward getting cut and half. Supply issuance is going to take a massive hit. Only a brain dead loser would be selling.

To all the trolls and shills claiming the mid to long term trend is still bearish, how much are the banks paying you and is it denominated in Bitcoin?

As for the short term, anything goes. And this is almost always the case
talkingleaves

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 01:42:52 PM

I did notice this with Circle, the amount of btc transactions that could happen if banks ditched their 1-5 day transfers, and used something like Circle, then all bank transactions could happen in less than an hour by converting to btc and then back to fiat when it lands in the account....

I just had a little orgasm
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 02:28:04 PM

Bitcoin is crippled and with the rise of Ethereum it's soon to collapse conpletely by superior competition and because its destroying itself.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3427
Merit: 4344

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 02:35:27 PM

Bitcoin is crippled and with the rise of Ethereum it's soon to collapse conpletely by superior competition and because its destroying itself.

I think you are the one who's still crippled, you noob panic sold youre coins at $10 and shorting with a mega loose.

freshman777

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2016, 02:42:21 PM

How can Bitcoin grow if new users are not allowed to join this crowded bus, my logic is powerless to find an answer. Who can?

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
r0ach (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 03:19:22 PM
Last edit: May 17, 2016, 03:38:21 PM by r0ach

Nice account that was sold to shills to spam the forum with, but since everyone already knows this by looking at your post history, your account is kinda useless.  It was fun reading your posts when you said Bitcoin was going to "collapse to $10" when it was $200, then it went up to $500 instead.

How can Bitcoin grow if new users are not allowed to join this crowded bus, my logic is powerless to find an answer. Who can?

And another shill account.  This one is an Eth shill even though Eth is a useless scamcoin.  You scammers should learn to not post anywhere near me or risk having your cover blown:

The Ethereum Paradox

http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1361602.0

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 05:08:42 PM

Lol, nice try spamming every thread claiming the price is going to crash to 3 pennies "any second!" and putting "bearish" in your sig, but you're not getting any flash crash longs in no matter how much shilling you do, so sorry.  You've been spamming that "boo hoo, I feel the market is so bearish blah blah" crap for months and what happened?  It was $420 and is now $454.  How is that working out for you?

I won't be buying in higher. And spamming "every thread"? ha! I post my opinion (in a half dozen or so threads total) and in no way do I cram it down anyone's throat as you do with halving and market cap rhetoric. Keep trying! Aside from the time it has taken, Bitcoin did pretty much what I have expected. Since the 152 low, it went up, as I thought. My bearish sig is not my "current" trading position. It is how I feel about the medium term market, in general. I trade frequently and since 152, I have been long more than not. I still will not let this messy uptrend fool me into uber-bull mode and marry my position nor have the belief that bitcoin can't go down. My cold stored coins, many of which I bought at $2.00, continues to grow from trading profits. So being basically free coins, I do not trade with them and have zero need to panic buy, but thanks for your concern.

You seem like a fundamental driver kind of believer, no? Why is it, you pick and choose which fundamentals to believe in? You say halving means anything but proof that inflation of a 70% mined coin is slowing. You think stock markets using Bitcoin as a clearing house ledger means they will buy it to $1×××××/coin when 10 coins can clear 1 billion shares if satoshis are used as  the proof of ownership and movement. I mean, I like the optimism, but these are fairly weak fundamentals and the previous being known since the white paper was released.

@jared;
I know as well as you do that me trying to talk my book gets nothing done in the grand scheme of things, so you can take your theory about me and shove it straight up your ass. I don't talk my agenda, I say what I believe is going to happen. As I said above, I have been long more than not, and the whole time still conveyed my views.

Have a nice day, douchebags! Smiley

freshman777

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2016, 05:28:26 PM

And another shill account.  This one is an Eth shill even though Eth is a useless scamcoin.  You scammers should learn to not post anywhere near me or risk having your cover blown:

The Ethereum Paradox

http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1361602.0

I've never owned 1 Eth, not sure why you post this link. You brand everybody who has legit questions into the Ethereum pumpers category, how desperate is that.

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
r0ach (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 06:15:24 PM

I don't talk my agenda, I say what I believe is going to happen.

Well, it looks like all that bear shilling was completely wrong then.

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 06:35:24 PM

I don't talk my agenda, I say what I believe is going to happen.

Well, it looks like all that bear shilling was completely wrong then.

We shall see!

markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 06:38:51 PM

You do realise that China has already purchased their hidden gold vault capable of holding £80 billion worth of gold - and the chinese judging by their gold purchasing over the last year or so are probably planning on filling it too.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10211

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 06:53:02 PM

You are believing a shitload of propaganda, if for some reason you are buying into the idea that the bitcoin bus is full. 

That's totally nonsense.  One thing is if you want to buy coffee with it and you expect total resolution of transactions in seconds (which bitcoin is not there yet), but another thing is if you want to store your value securely and to use bitcoin for it's best features - value security.

In any event, there's all kinds of room for you, your friends and a multitude magnitude of others to jump on board with either today's current capacity and/or with various ongoing developments that will allow even more peeps to jump on board and to increase various kinds of quicker transactions.... .

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
jaredboice

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 07:39:16 PM

@jared;
I know as well as you do that me trying to talk my book gets nothing done in the grand scheme of things, so you can take your theory about me and shove it straight up your ass. I don't talk my agenda, I say what I believe is going to happen. As I said above, I have been long more than not, and the whole time still conveyed my views.

Have a nice day, douchebags! Smiley

I wasn't necessarily referring to you, RyNinDaCleM. Although I've certainly read highly questionable content from you before, but that's neither here nor there.

As far as labeling yourself bearish in your signature, that's HIGHLY suspect.  Discounting mega flash-crashes or short-term corrections which are temporary in the grand scheme of things and can happen at any time, anyone mid-to-long-term bearish in bitcoin with all of the growth bicoin has achieved and two months prior to a supply halving that takes place once every four years either has an agenda or are a few fries short of a happy meal
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 07:43:25 PM

You do realise that China has already purchased their hidden gold vault capable of holding £80 billion worth of gold - and the chinese judging by their gold purchasing over the last year or so are probably planning on filling it too.

This just makes me question about why they are doing this, outside from protecting from the worthless invested US dollar they lend.

But more of a power play wanting to become the next world reserve currency after US falls in the deep end?
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 07:47:40 PM

You are believing a shitload of propaganda, if for some reason you are buying into the idea that the bitcoin bus is full.  

That's totally nonsense.  One thing is if you want to buy coffee with it and you expect total resolution of transactions in seconds (which bitcoin is not there yet), but another thing is if you want to store your value securely and to use bitcoin for it's best features - value security.

In any event, there's all kinds of room for you, your friends and a multitude magnitude of others to jump on board with either today's current capacity and/or with various ongoing developments that will allow even more peeps to jump on board and to increase various kinds of quicker transactions.... .

Wait for it... wait for it.

https://blog.coinbase.com/2015/11/20/introducing-the-shift-card/

Now where have you been exactly?  Roll Eyes your argument isnt valid with your wall of text.

Please do some homework, before making a debate on transactions. I would agree with your small minor problem if this was still 2014 or something, but its changed since then.
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2016, 08:20:32 PM

Hey Roach nice thread. Reading your OP has made me ponder if banks could turn to bitcoin as a way of wrong footing china. As many know I'm sure China has been accumulating most of the worlds gold recently. Could it be the west has a secret plan to ignore gold and turn to bitcoin instead ?

Anyway just letting my thoughts meander along. Still like gold and bitcoin personally
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10211

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 08:21:04 PM

That's totally nonsense.  One thing is if you want to buy coffee with it and you expect total resolution of transactions in seconds (which bitcoin is not there yet), but another thing is if you want to store your value securely and to use bitcoin for it's best features - value security.

Wait for it... wait for it.

https://blog.coinbase.com/2015/11/20/introducing-the-shift-card/

Now where have you been exactly?  Roll Eyes your argument isnt valid with your wall of text.

Please do some homework, before making a debate on transactions. I would agree with your small minor problem if this was still 2014 or something, but its changed since then.

Your link does not provide any meaningful rebuttal of the claim(s) of my earlier post. 

I don't claim to be all knowing; however, I do understand that someone claiming there to be a problem has the burden to show such problem, and the burden is not on me to establish that such a problem does not exist... hello?  you seem to be assuming a problem rather than showing any kind of meaningful evidence of such.

In fact, there is no real meaningful evidence that blockchain fullness is causing any kind of meaningful problem for bitcoin or emergency instability situation, beyond a bunch of XT/Classic supporters screaming in disproportionate and frequently either irrational or ill-informed ways to exaggerate such a supposed problem.

So, yep, I am talking currently, and not about some bitcoin 2014 status.. in spite of your non-evidentiary assertions.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: