Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:41:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ColoradoPay CPay | FinCen Registered | Company Based | Asset Backed  (Read 5452 times)
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 08:01:35 PM
Last edit: August 23, 2016, 11:00:27 PM by Griffith

mod plz delete thread, i have left this company. so has whywetrance has stated in the last post.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kondiomir
Legendary

Activity: 1568

Twitter @Acimirov

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 08:03:23 PM

No PoW - No fun! Angry
Jerry S

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 08:04:33 PM

is it ICO?
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 08:07:48 PM

is it ICO?

no, not really. its the company im working for has it set up so its like paypal. you have to send money to your account to spend it. but you can withdraw the same amount you put in at any time
badam

Activity: 770

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 08:08:35 PM

Just to be clear. This is a centralized currency since nobody else can mine or there is a POS involved?
Also it is some kind of a 2 million USD ICO since the desired price is 1USD/coin and it is 100% premined that is kept by the dev and sold by them to future users?
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 08:12:23 PM

Just to be clear. This is a centralized currency since nobody else can mine or there is a POS involved?
Also it is some kind of a 2 million USD ICO since the desired price is 1USD/coin and it is 100% premined that is kept by the dev and sold by them to future users?

its centralized block generation but the ledger is still open. so the banks right now are developing internal blockchains. bitcoin is completely open. this is a half and half

not really an ICO although i guess u could call it that, ill post the company registration links in a second. im trying to fix that first column. using preview it looks fine but its all messed up on the ann itself.
as for the dev remark. i designed it but i dont get any of the money from the coins sold. only what my boss pays me. its a registered company with FinCEn. theres a lot of paper work and files i need to upload and post links for in a second.

edit: actually there is no block generation. give me a minute to put up the papers

edit: im super frustrated with that first column...
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 08:31:46 PM

I, Griffith, do not own this coin. It is NOT my launch, it is NOT my announcement, and the businesses registered are NOT owned or run by me. I am a salaried employee of Global Financial Services Group (GFSG) in the blockchain RND department. I have been chosen to make the announcement thread on this forum due to my account here being older and having reputation. I am NOT the CEO.

Are you therefore just the fallguy if things go wrong and if they should split with money? You are basically admitting that they are newbies and they are just paying you to use your reputation to make things look more legit. Why would it be more legit if you post it vs if they post it on a newbie account since it is not your coin? It would be more legit if the real person post it.
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 08:35:06 PM

I, Griffith, do not own this coin. It is NOT my launch, it is NOT my announcement, and the businesses registered are NOT owned or run by me. I am a salaried employee of Global Financial Services Group (GFSG) in the blockchain RND department. I have been chosen to make the announcement thread on this forum due to my account here being older and having reputation. I am NOT the CEO.

Are you therefore just the fallguy if things go wrong and if they should split with money? You are basically admitting that they are newbies and they are just paying you to use your reputation to make things look more legit. Why would it be more legit if you post it vs if they post it on a newbie account since it is not your coin? It would be more legit if the real person post it.

no no. its an actually registered company, i am just having so much trouble with forum BBCode right now and half of the stuff it showed in preview isnt there. so i quickly made a webpage addition to the website and threw the PDFs on there for now.

CCC and ColoradoPay Legal Doccuments and Information

The company registration and everything is there. will fix that in a few minutes
whywetrance

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 08:37:19 PM

This is an actual company will all the bells and whistles & responsibility that comes with it.

I'm also employed with the company that owns the coin.

Twitter@WhyWeTrance
andrepierre

Activity: 714

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 08:57:03 PM

Looks very interesting and very good presentation!!!
AleScamHole

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

Don't you looooooove how offensive my name sounds?

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 09:09:42 PM

according to your site i will be able to purchase my Colorado medicinal herbs with btc

PUT THIS ON EXCHANGES NOW ;P

on that note, the site says getting on exchanges is what your looking at, why that specifically?
whywetrance

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 09:22:30 PM

We are using everything that we've learned over the past few years in 'blockchain/crypto' to help the company =)

This a very different system than most- we understand that this doesn't fit the expected altcoin format. It has been designed to meet the needs of the company, and the needs of their clients.

We will keep everyone updated.

ColoradoPAY $CPAY

Twitter@WhyWeTrance
generous

Activity: 938

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 09:50:27 PM

any bounty? Smiley Smiley Smiley

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Woody20285
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1002

Supporting DMD, ERC & PIO

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 09:55:56 PM

Griffth,
Nice looking Ann - Clear information.
Congratulations on your New Position.
Basically, Companies that use this coin would
    save fees over using debit and credit.
I suspect we will start seeing more of this as
   various companies try to get a piece of the
   merchant services pie.
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 10:19:24 PM

according to your site i will be able to purchase my Colorado medicinal herbs with btc

PUT THIS ON EXCHANGES NOW ;P

on that note, the site says getting on exchanges is what your looking at, why that specifically?

BTC? no. CPay yes.

any bounty? Smiley Smiley Smiley

bounty for what?
dking7334

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 10:39:07 PM

I live in CO very interested in this product!
axlroses

Activity: 672

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 11:02:58 PM

no POW?  Shocked   LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL !
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 11:03:49 PM

I live in CO very interested in this product!

if you are near the Denver area you could start seeing stores using it as early as mid june

no POW?  Shocked   LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL !

theres no mining at all. the chain is already completely mined. read the paper overviewing how it works...
badam

Activity: 770

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 11:28:42 PM

I've read the whitepaper still having some technical concerns. I understand that everything is legally backed as a local currency, but how the chain will move since you said there is no block generation at all. Without new blocks transactions will be unprocessed so still there has to be some kind of private mining. But in that case my other concern is what happens if the mining servers will be shut down for some reason?
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 11:37:10 PM

I've read the whitepaper still having some technical concerns. I understand that everything is legally backed as a local currency, but how the chain will move since you said there is no block generation at all. Without new blocks transactions will be unprocessed so still there has to be some kind of private mining. But in that case my other concern is what happens if the mining servers will be shut down for some reason?

no mining. blocks are issued based on a timer and an algorithm. the blocks themselves have already been pregenerated

algo is as follows:

the max wait time is 1 hour from last block.

the servers take the last block time. add 1 hour. subtract time from that hour based on the number of transactions waiting and the size of those transactions waiting (as a block approaches full). if the current time is past the time that was calculated based on that algorithm (because it will subtract from the next time and can go before current time) then it will issue a block. While waiting transactions are already packed into the block it just doesnt push it out to the network until a time limit is reached. this saves space on the chain and space on everyones computer.

we currently have two server locations (East and west coast USA). it is possible for them to lose power in which case yes, the chain stops temporarily if both lose power. but as we expand the number of locations will expand so this will become less likely to happen as time goes on.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: