Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:02:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Vanity Address Service: https://Vante.me  (Read 1207 times)
gatherc (OP)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 05:37:57 AM

We would like to present a secure and convenient service for Bitcoin vanity address creation: https://vante.me

What is a vanity address?

A vanity address is a Bitcoin address that starts with a specific pattern.
Example: 1VanteMe21JmABACJbp3pTSd89Ej9xmhUH

This service allows you to:
* Create bitcoin addresses containing your name or company in a completely secure way without having to trust any third party including ourselves.
* We provide a scalable solution which can provide more computing resources for bigger jobs, cutting down your waiting time (typically less than 1 day)
* Order a free vanity address up to 4 characters case (in)sensitive
* Order a paid vanity address up to 8 characters case (in)sensitive

Details:
We use split-key address generation as described in this post:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=81865.msg901491#msg901491

There are two options we provide:
- automatically generating a random keypair in your browser.
- create your own keypair on your machine, sending us only the public key.
Vanity addresses generated using this second option are 100% secure and guarantee you are the only owner of this address.
If this sounds complicated don't worry, there's an instruction video on the site.

Feedback and comments are welcome!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cyaren

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 05:46:46 AM

Sorry if this is a dumb question: How can we trust that you will not hold onto our private keys after our vanity addresses are generated and we put some BTC in there? There have been a few incidents in the past where someone's wallet content got stolen.

Does split key address generation protect us against that? I read the post about it, and it was wayyyy too complicated for me Undecided
Quartx

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2016, 05:48:35 AM

Sorry if this is a dumb question: How can we trust that you will not hold onto our private keys after our vanity addresses are generated and we put some BTC in there? There have been a few incidents in the past where someone's wallet content got stolen.

Does split key address generation protect us against that? I read the post about it, and it was wayyyy too complicated for me Undecided

Split key address generation is very safe unless your computer with the other half private key get compromised

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Split-key_vanity_address

gatherc (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 05:52:01 AM

As Quartx said, split-key address generation protects you from us being malicious or hacked.
If you order an address there's a video explaining how to create a public/private key on your own machine, if you only send us the public key there's no way we can do something wrong. Security of your machine is then indeed the only risk.

Thanks for the question and let us know if something isn't clear!
Cyaren

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 05:54:42 AM

Split key address generation is very safe unless your computer with the other half get compromised

Ahhh, ok. There is two options at when you generate your vanity address. One is that you supply your own public key and one trusting vante.me to do the job for you.

But still, don't they email the private keys to you? So they can still be able to store the private key for later usage.

Or am I still not getting the idea?
gatherc (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 06:14:10 AM

There are indeed two options, the one where you have to trust us and the security of our server is just there to quickly test the procedure or for small amount addresses.

In both cases, the private key we send you is not the final private key, you still have to combine it with your own private key. Since we don't have that one, your address is safe.
The combination procedure is described in the solution email. I suggest you try to order a free address to see how it all works Smiley
Cyaren

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 06:19:30 AM

There are indeed two options, the one where you have to trust us and the security of our server is just there to quickly test the procedure or for small amount addresses.

In both cases, the private key we send you is not the final private key, you still have to combine it with your own private key. Since we don't have that one, your address is safe.
The combination procedure is described in the solution email. I suggest you try to order a free address to see how it all works Smiley

I actually tried to order an address(1Money) with no case sensitive setting on. I thought it was free, but it turned out I had to pay 0.01 for the address Undecided Not a particularly desirable price to pay for a 5 letter vanity with no cases.

I will try with a 4 letter one though, I'll let you know how it works out Smiley
''"
EDIT: It worked out fine. Very clear on the instructions. You probably should make it clear that you must use the "Add" option instead of "Multiply" on bitaddress.org though.
gatherc (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 06:25:48 AM

Hi,

You can always check the price when entering your address, it's updated automatically for each letter and case sensitive/insensitive.
0.01 is our minimum price, case sensitive would've been the same price.

Thanks for trying and don't hesitate to order free addresses!
merelcoin

Activity: 675

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 06:26:35 AM

I actually tried to order an address(1Money) with no case sensitive setting on. I thought it was free, but it turned out I had to pay 0.01 for the address Undecided Not a particularly desirable price to pay for a 5 letter vanity with no cases.

I will try with a 4 letter one though, I'll let you know how it works out Smiley
''"
EDIT: It worked out fine. Very clear on the instructions. You probably should make it clear that you must use the "Add" option instead of "Multiply" on bitaddress.org though.

It's a very nice thing to do off them. Altough generating a 4 letter case-insensitive key with vanitygen will take you less time than generating a split keypair (and it's easyer to IMHO). It'll take you even less time with oclvanitygen.
That being said: the method itself is safe, i've seen some trusted members using the same method in the past Smiley
It's nice of them to offer this for free.
Elenkareem

Activity: 41

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 06:27:31 AM

where i know you not save my privekey ?  Undecided
Cyaren

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 06:29:37 AM

It's a very nice thing to do off them. Altough generating a 4 letter case-insensitive key with vanitygen will take you less time than generating a split keypair (and it's easyer to IMHO). It'll take you even less time with oclvanitygen.
That being said: the method itself is safe, i've seen some trusted members using the same method in the past Smiley
It's nice of them to offer this for free.

Yeah, vanitygen would probably take you less time to generate that 4 letter non case sensitive address. But I'm always too lazy to run lines of code in my command prompt Tongue

Anyways, I'm really pleased with my first experience on this site. But the emails containing information could be a bit more formatted & professional. Will use again in future Tongue
Catink

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 06:34:51 AM
Last edit: May 18, 2016, 07:09:53 AM by Catink

Do you offer free test for paid vanity address? Is this technology 100% safe?
gatherc (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 06:44:29 AM

@Cyaren
Thanks for the kind words, and we'll have a look if we can format the emails a bit better. Thanks for the feedback!

@Catink
If you generate the keys yourself this is 100% safe (unless your computer is hacked/keylogged of course)
What do you mean with 'vouch copies' ?
Quartx

Activity: 1036

Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2016, 07:05:30 AM

Do you offer vouch copies? Is this technology 100% safe?

If you actually spend time to read the vanity gen thread or search for split key generation or simply read op for the matter you would get the answer to your questions instead of signature whoring to +1 to your paid counter.

Now to answer your "questions", if you really that desperate for vouch copies, pm op. Second question, use Google. https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Split-key_vanity_address

@op basically he wants a free test of your service. However.. I would not trust someone with neg trust no matter the reasons for the neg trust.. Vouch copies are copies given for free to trustable members so they sort of "vouch"  for the authenticity of your product/service

gatherc (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 10:30:17 AM

@Quartx
thanks for the explanation, everything 4 characters and under are free so those can be considered vouch copies Wink
pureclckr

Activity: 243
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 02:50:45 PM

Is it free of cost ? or do we have to pay for getting such addresses ?
altcoinhosting

Activity: 896
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 02:55:18 PM

Is it free of cost ? or do we have to pay for getting such addresses ?

The op clearly stated that addresses with up to 4 custom characters are free and 5-8 are paying.

TraderETH

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 02:57:08 PM

It is new service we must be careful,
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2016, 04:22:52 PM

By using the form below, a personalised vanity address will be calculated.

Where do I enter my public key? I see this message but I don't see any form, even after clicking on the setup right below the first step or the link above "https://vante.me/#vanityform" is not showing any form. Undecided

Or is it the one at the bottom, which I believe is for queries and not for vanity key generation?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
gatherc (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 04:38:20 PM

@twister

the form should look like this:
https://i.imgur.com/wRHhtKW.png

I requested the '1testing' vanity address.

On the next step of the form you should see the screen below, the arrow pointing to the field where you need to fill in your public key:

https://i.imgur.com/QI3Oa7Z.png
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: