Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:42:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcointalk.org supports illegal ponzi schemes  (Read 3715 times)
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2016, 06:31:47 AM

It was given by some silly guy acting here like police and abusing the trust system.
He gave me red trust for one post in investor-based thread. I did not scam anyone!
He hasn't abused anything and red trust is not necessarily given out for only scamming.

For example hackforums has it's own rules and i don't think people get red trust for promoting ponzi sites there  Wink see the difference?
I couldn't care less about the rules of that forum. The trust ratings here are not moderated and you should have known this by now.

So firstly i would like to know the official statement from the forum administrator that ponzi websites are not allowed here, then i wouldn't say anything more on this topic.
I also want the forum administration to donate $1 Million to my BTC Address. Grin

Comedy aside, you're appealing to emotion, and making irrational demands to complex problems. Making such a change is not as easy as it might seem in your world.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jezreel

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

The Boy Who Shattered Time

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 11:36:21 AM

Did you read this? Just understand bro, they not ignoring it.

Warning: You are in the Gambling section. You are likely to eventually lose any money that you gamble/"invest". Additionally, moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Do not gamble more than you can afford to lose.
freedoge.co (OP)

Activity: 909
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 11:42:53 AM

It was given by some silly guy acting here like police and abusing the trust system.
He gave me red trust for one post in investor-based thread. I did not scam anyone!
He hasn't abused anything and red trust is not necessarily given out for only scamming.
ok, i see now

For example hackforums has it's own rules and i don't think people get red trust for promoting ponzi sites there  Wink see the difference?
I couldn't care less about the rules of that forum. The trust ratings here are not moderated and you should have known this by now.
i see, that's why i gave up on it

So firstly i would like to know the official statement from the forum administrator that ponzi websites are not allowed here, then i wouldn't say anything more on this topic.
I also want the forum administration to donate $1 Million to my BTC Address. Grin
- asking the admininstrator of the forum simple question if ponzis are supported is something impossible? As impossible that you are comparing it to asking them for $1 million?

Comedy aside, you're appealing to emotion, and making irrational demands to complex problems. Making such a change is not as easy as it might seem in your world.
please explain in which part i appeal to emotion and which demands of me are irrational other then the moderation of default trust which i understand now that it's not common here.

freedoge.co (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 11:54:00 AM

Warning: You are in the Gambling section. You are likely to eventually lose any money that you gamble/"invest". Additionally, moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Do not gamble more than you can afford to lose.
yeah i've read this many times, you don't understand the context here. I'm ok with that the ponzis are allowed here until someone can't get red trust because of promoting them. I got red trust because i made one post in that section which promoted the ponzi website, if ponzis are allowed there i demanded to delete the red trust by forum staff, because the red trust was given by some guy self-nominated to ponzi policeman and i was doing nothing against the forum rules. If it was against the rules my post just would have been deleted like the ref link posts, those are being deleted almost immediately.

Jezreel

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 12:13:21 PM

yeah i've read this many times, you don't understand the context here. I'm ok with that the ponzis are allowed here until someone can't get red trust because of promoting them. I got red trust because i made one post in that section which promoted the ponzi website, if ponzis are allowed there i demanded to delete the red trust by forum staff, because the red trust was given by some guy self-nominated to ponzi policeman and i was doing nothing against the forum rules. If it was against the rules my post just would have been deleted like the ref link posts, those are being deleted almost immediately.

Did you PM cryptodevil? Previously I've got a red trust from cryptodevil and he said I'm supporting Ponzi. I talk to him and he said
" Every single one of your posts is about investing in a ponzi or buying your own ponzi script.

Either delete all of them and do not post in any more scam-related threads and I will remove the rating, or not.

It is your choice." I deleted all of my post  Angry and cryptodevil remove the red trust. Bro try to talk him.
-I never supporting Ponzis Angry
freedoge.co (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 12:14:14 PM

@Lauda

you accused me of being signature spammer out of nowhere, while you yourself have the jetwin signature which makes you hypocryte and prejudging person, plus it was totally off-topic and any solution to my request.
That's why i gave you feedback, it is neutral because i'm not going to judge you it's your shit.

Based on your 'logic' i'm saying that bitcointalk supports and spreads the illegal ponzi schemes allowing them to go to wide masses.

freedoge.co (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 12:20:42 PM

Did you PM cryptodevil? Previously I've got a red trust from cryptodevil and he said I'm supporting Ponzi. I talk to him and he said
" Every single one of your posts is about investing in a ponzi or buying your own ponzi script.

Either delete all of them and do not post in any more scam-related threads and I will remove the rating, or not.

It is your choice." I deleted all of my post  Angry and cryptodevil remove the red trust. Bro try to talk him.
i kindly asked him to remove, got no response. But he is none to give such feedbacks. He is not the staff or moderator of this forum.

Jezreel

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 12:26:56 PM

i kindly asked him to remove, got no response. But he is none to give such feedbacks. He is not the staff or moderator of this forum.
I think cryptodevil has no care about messages now.  Angry
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 12:51:57 PM

You *kindly* asked me to remove the rating?

So I can add liar to the description of your untrustworthy behaviour?

You responded in thread by giving an excuse for supporting ponzis which does not hold up to scrutiny, namely, that EVERYONE knows how ponzis work and that it is 'like gambling'. Neither of which are true statements. Ten minutes later you posted that I should be banned from the forum.

being involved in ponzi game it not a reason to give red trust, it's nothing illegal and everyone involved knows how ponzi schemes works, it's like gambling so please remove your feedback. thanks!
yeah this cryptodevil user has some issues, look at the list of feedbacks https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=224980 he is giving to other people, acting like he is some kind of cop, should be banned for life from this forum.

it's nothing illegal
This depends on the jurisdiction where you live, but it may well be.

and everyone involved knows how ponzi schemes works
That's a lie and you know it.

it's like gambling
This is somewhat true, though gambling sites are usually a lot more transparent than Ponzi schemes in how they operate. Therefore, it isn't a very good comparison.

should be banned for life from this forum.
For trying to protect people from scams? No. It tends to only be those trying to be dishonest and push said schemes to unsuspecting users that say things like this.
i won't argue with you or discuss ponzi schemes. The fact is that this game has very transparent rules about affiliate commissions, it's very basic game where you need only 2 referrals to profit, so unless the admin doesn't pay this game is legit. Based on that i'm going to leave negative feedback to cryptodevil "cop" guy for false accusations based on no facts without doing proper research. Someone must stop this scam obsessed individual, so if you are honest and neutral, you must admit that cryptodevil made a huge mistake.

"Someone must stop this scam obsessed individual" - Stated as though it means something really profound. Pro-tip: It doesn't.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 12:52:45 PM

So to sum up all the arguments, basically this user thinks theymos will come and post a reply here saying "BCT does not support ponzi websites." and also he wants theymos to remove the investor-based games section.

The investor-based games section was not and is not going to be deleted because doing so will make all the people posting about ponzi scams there find another section to promote their sites. In other words, the investor-based games is there so that people will be able to see people promoting ponzi scams in here except if they go in that section.

Cryptodevil is just doing what he has always been doing. He puts a red trust on those people posting about ponzi sites, warn people about that site, and he puts a red trust on those that are saying the website did pay them or anything that is positive towards the said website.

I suggest that you go talk to Cryptodevil that you're deleting your post and will never post anything about ponzi again. I believe that would work based on Jezreel's story.

freedoge.co (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 01:06:58 PM

So to sum up all the arguments, basically this user thinks theymos will come and post a reply here saying "BCT does not support ponzi websites." and also he wants theymos to remove the investor-based games section.

The investor-based games section was not and is not going to be deleted because doing so will make all the people posting about ponzi scams there find another section to promote their sites. In other words, the investor-based games is there so that people will be able to see people promoting ponzi scams in here except if they go in that section.

Cryptodevil is just doing what he has always been doing. He puts a red trust on those people posting about ponzi sites, warn people about that site, and he puts a red trust on those that are saying the website did pay them or anything that is positive towards the said website.

I suggest that you go talk to Cryptodevil that you're deleting your post and will never post anything about ponzi again. I believe that would work based on Jezreel's story.
i don't care anymore about the red trust given by that funny guy.

As you can see the topic is that bitcointalk supports the illegal ponzi schemes, make your own opinion and let others to do so.

freedoge.co (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 01:15:28 PM

@Xenophoto you see it too as something impossible? I guess then he must be like a god to most of you then, this accusation about the support of ponzi schemes is serious enough in my opinion to take responsibility and make things clear.

There are 3 possible options:

#1 Ponzi sites are allowed on this forum, then my red trust is given unfair.
#2 Ponzi sites are not allowed on this forum, my red trust is valid and i take it.
#3 Administrator doesn't care, do what you want.

Xenophoto

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 01:23:08 PM

@Xenophoto you see it too as something impossible? I guess then he must be like a god to most of you then, this accusation about the support of ponzi schemes is serious enough in my opinion to take responsibility and make things clear.

#2 Ponzi sites are not allowed on this forum, my red trust is valid and i take it.

Ponzi sites aren't allowed in this forum that's why you received a negative trust from cryptodevil. You were saying something about cryptodevil not responding to your messages, now that he responded in this thread, grab the chance and talk to him. Actually though, you still have a lot of negative trusts to get removed.

And for the record, I don't see it as something impossible. There's a possibility that theymos would have a lot of spare time and he check on this thread but that is unlikely to happen. Roll Eyes

freedoge.co (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 01:27:09 PM

You *kindly* asked me to remove the rating?

So I can add liar to the description of your untrustworthy behaviour?

You responded in thread by giving an excuse for supporting ponzis which does not hold up to scrutiny, namely, that EVERYONE knows how ponzis work and that it is 'like gambling'. Neither of which are true statements. Ten minutes later you posted that I should be banned from the forum.

being involved in ponzi game it not a reason to give red trust, it's nothing illegal and everyone involved knows how ponzi schemes works, it's like gambling so please remove your feedback. thanks!
yeah this cryptodevil user has some issues, look at the list of feedbacks https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=224980 he is giving to other people, acting like he is some kind of cop, should be banned for life from this forum.

it's nothing illegal
This depends on the jurisdiction where you live, but it may well be.

and everyone involved knows how ponzi schemes works
That's a lie and you know it.

it's like gambling
This is somewhat true, though gambling sites are usually a lot more transparent than Ponzi schemes in how they operate. Therefore, it isn't a very good comparison.

should be banned for life from this forum.
For trying to protect people from scams? No. It tends to only be those trying to be dishonest and push said schemes to unsuspecting users that say things like this.
i won't argue with you or discuss ponzi schemes. The fact is that this game has very transparent rules about affiliate commissions, it's very basic game where you need only 2 referrals to profit, so unless the admin doesn't pay this game is legit. Based on that i'm going to leave negative feedback to cryptodevil "cop" guy for false accusations based on no facts without doing proper research. Someone must stop this scam obsessed individual, so if you are honest and neutral, you must admit that cryptodevil made a huge mistake.

"Someone must stop this scam obsessed individual" - Stated as though it means something really profound. Pro-tip: It doesn't.

you just can't admit that what you do is nothing but spamming as the warning is above that subforum and you have no right to give red trust to people just based on your prejudgement, yeah I went trough your post history and the history of the feedbacks you gave to other people and i was amazed how much effort you put into it. And still don't understand why you doing this, you just got yourself on the many ignore lists.

freedoge.co (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 01:29:36 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2016, 01:42:23 PM by freedoge.co

Ponzi sites aren't allowed in this forum that's why you received a negative trust from cryptodevil. You were saying something about cryptodevil not responding to your messages, now that he responded in this thread, grab the chance and talk to him. Actually though, you still have a lot of negative trusts to get removed.

And for the record, I don't see it as something impossible. There's a possibility that theymos would have a lot of spare time and he check on this thread but that is unlikely to happen. Roll Eyes
where does it come from, your statement that "Ponzi sites aren't allowed in this forum" ? Please lead me to such rule, where is it written?

Do you see the staff doing something about it? NO. Anyone can promote ponzi schemes on bitcointalk and staff would do nothing about it.

Just try to post an affiliate link of any kind and your post is deleted in few minutes.
Start a ponzi, make topic and promote it here, no one is gonna delete it.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2016, 01:57:51 PM

please explain in which part i appeal to emotion and which demands of me are irrational other then the moderation of default trust which i understand now that it's not common here.
The whole thread is based on you not being able to participate in signature campaigns. Apart from that, you have made no clear and valid arguments (which is why it is irrational). You're asking for:
1) Removal of the section.
2) Moderation of DT.
Both of which are extensive changes.

@Lauda you accused me of being signature spammer out of nowhere, while you yourself have the jetwin signature which makes you hypocryte and prejudging person, plus it was totally off-topic and any solution to my request.
Is the thread about cryptodevil, "BTCT supporting ponzi's" or Lauda? Pick one; you can't have it all at once.

Based on your 'logic' i'm saying that bitcointalk supports and spreads the illegal ponzi schemes allowing them to go to wide masses.
No, BTCT does not support everything that is present on it nor can it be held responsible for the actions of the users.

where does it come from, your statement that "Ponzi sites aren't allowed in this forum" ? Please lead me to such rule, where is it written?
He doesn't know what he's talking about. There is no rule against ponzi's as far as the forum's rules are concerned. When it comes to trust ratings, the the story seems to be different.

Again, you need to focus on what you really want to do here. If you want to get the ponzi section removed and ponzi's banned, then focus on building up the proper argumentation for your request.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Xenophoto

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 02:19:03 PM

He doesn't know what he's talking about. There is no rule against ponzi's as far as the forum's rules are concerned. When it comes to trust ratings, the the story seems to be different.

Well we were talking about the trust ratings here, right? And not the forum's rule. Maybe my statement wasn't that specific. It should be -- 'People posting about ponzi websites here are getting a negative trust not only from cryptodevil but also from other people who dislikes ponzi'. They are warning newbies to not fall victim into ponzi scams.

Do you see the staff doing something about it? NO. Anyone can promote ponzi schemes on bitcointalk and staff would do nothing about it.

Actually even if anyone can promote ponzi in here, there are people who are always in the investor-based games section to put a warning for the newbies to not invest on that website.

cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 02:30:59 PM

Freedoge, perhaps this will help you better understand that this is a community action, not a forum rule:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1381105.0

In that it is a community action you can quit demanding that staff attend to your displeasure and simply accept that you are being held to account for your actions by the community.

Ponzi schemes *need* people to post encouraging comments in order for them to function. This policy of marking users who help these scams function is extremely effective at limiting their propagation, particularly when it comes to the fact it is no longer worthwhile for scammers to buy senior forum accounts with which to fraudulently vouch for their operation.

That scammers are trying to hide in other forum sections isn't sufficient as most experienced users are quick to flag them as a likely ponzi and then they are moved into IBG and dealt with accordingly.

BTW, not all threads in IBG are scam operations, just most of them.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
freedoge.co (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 02:31:40 PM

The whole thread is based on you not being able to participate in signature campaigns. Apart from that, you have made no clear and valid arguments (which is why it is irrational). You're asking for:
1) Removal of the section.
2) Moderation of DT.
Both of which are extensive changes.

yes i started this topic asking for removal the cryptodevil from DT, but you said is not possible, ok i see the dead end. So i go further to get some explanation why i should accept that trust while the ponzis are allowed here based on current situation.

@Lauda you accused me of being signature spammer out of nowhere, while you yourself have the jetwin signature which makes you hypocryte and prejudging person, plus it was totally off-topic and any solution to my request.
Is the thread about cryptodevil, "BTCT supporting ponzi's" or Lauda? Pick one; you can't have it all at once.

do you see any signature under my posts? you said i'm a signature spammer instantly, just based on my request and honesty that i wanted to get red trust removed to join the signature campaign

No, BTCT does not support everything that is present on it nor can it be held responsible for the actions of the users.

ok, but also bitcointalk donesn't moderate ponzi threads, which indirectly supports it

Again, you need to focus on what you really want to do here. If you want to get the ponzi section removed and ponzi's banned, then focus on building up the proper argumentation for your request.

well, what i wanted is simple justice. If ponzis are allowed why would i get red trust for it, in those sites are not allowed then ok my red trust is earned. I hoped that the staff could remove it as i wasn't doing anything against forum rules. But i see it's impossible quest considering your attitude since the beginning, so this thread is now only about bitcointalk supporting the ponzi schemes

freedoge.co (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 02:41:44 PM

Freedoge, perhaps this will help you better understand that this is a community action, not a forum rule:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1381105.0

In that it is a community action you can quit demanding that staff attend to your displeasure and simply accept that you are being held to account for your actions by the community.

Ponzi schemes *need* people to post encouraging comments in order for them to function. This policy of marking users who help these scams function is extremely effective at limiting their propagation, particularly when it comes to the fact it is no longer worthwhile for scammers to buy senior forum accounts with which to fraudulently vouch for their operation.

That scammers are trying to hide in other forum sections isn't sufficient as most experienced users are quick to flag them as a likely ponzi and then they are moved into IBG and dealt with accordingly.

BTW, not all threads in IBG are scam operations, just most of them.

who asked to do so, the warning from forum staff above the investor-based games is clear and flashy enough. If you want to warn people just leave neutral feedback and let them decide on their own.

Your actions are abusing the trust system and you spam the the investor-based games board.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: