Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:16:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2016-05-19] BitQuick Set To Return On May 31 2016  (Read 446 times)
trinaldao (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

Post your ann & bounty just contact me

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2016, 08:37:18 AM

Ever since BitQuick was breached and shut down the service, there has been a lingering doubt whether or not they would ever make a return to the world of Bitcoin. Things were looking rather bleak, and rumours were circulating regarding the potential sale of BitQuick as well.

However, the platform has been made accessible once again, and a countdown clock indicates the company will resume its business on May 31, 2016. The same two people are running the platform by the look of things, and it remains unclear whether or not new owners are involved.

http://themerkle.com/bitquick-set-to-return-on-may-31-2016/

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 01:43:10 PM

BitQuick v2.0, the search for more money...

Who would trust these people after being fleeced the first time?

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
BuyBitcoin.US

Activity: 254
Merit: 250

BitQuick.co - Buy Bitcoin in 3 Hours, Guaranteed!

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2016, 11:51:14 PM

BitQuick v2.0, the search for more money...

Who would trust these people after being fleeced the first time?

Hi Timm, Chad from BitQuick support here!

I just wanted to address this comment. After our breach in March of 2016, our database was compromised, causing us to suspend operations for a few months. As a result of the breach, 0 BTC were stolen from the platform, all withdrawals were processed in a prompt manner (100% of bitcoin have been returned to all sellers that were using the platform at the time), and we were able to re-launch on June 1st with a much more secure architecture that corrected the error that was found during the initial breach. We've been operating for three and a half months since our re-launch, and have processed over 4,000 transactions without incident.

More details about the incident can be read here: https://bitquick.co/blog/bitquick-details

Official forum thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=262082.new#new
Check us out! View our current sell orders or Place a sell order yourself!
BitQuick.co - Buy and Sell BTC instantly for Cash Deposit!
BuyBitcoin.US is now BitQuick.co!
TraderTimm
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 05:16:52 PM

Thanks for your nearly 4-month delayed response. I'm sure getting new people who are gullible enough to trust you was more important than addressing my comment.

All you've proven is that there are people out there that will trade with you, Bitfinex, Mt. Gox, or any other service after they've failed their customers.

How proud you must be...

BuyBitcoin.US

Activity: 254
Merit: 250

BitQuick.co - Buy Bitcoin in 3 Hours, Guaranteed!

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2016, 09:01:52 PM

Thanks for your nearly 4-month delayed response. I'm sure getting new people who are gullible enough to trust you was more important than addressing my comment.

All you've proven is that there are people out there that will trade with you, Bitfinex, Mt. Gox, or any other service after they've failed their customers.

How proud you must be...

I do apologize for the delay, but I think that it's a bit disingenuous for you to use that as an attempt to support your false claim that we are swindling our users. As previously stated, no funds were lost, and 100% of customer funds that were under management at the time were returned to our users (unlike Bitfinex and MtGox).

Official forum thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=262082.new#new
Check us out! View our current sell orders or Place a sell order yourself!
BitQuick.co - Buy and Sell BTC instantly for Cash Deposit!
BuyBitcoin.US is now BitQuick.co!
TraderTimm
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 06:20:42 PM

How proud you must be...

I do apologize for the delay, but I think that it's a bit disingenuous for you to use that as an attempt to support your false claim that we are swindling our users. As previously stated, no funds were lost, and 100% of customer funds that were under management at the time were returned to our users (unlike Bitfinex and MtGox).

If I go to a store and steal a steak, then later return the steak -- does that clear me of any malfeasance?

No, it doesn't.

Refunding your customers after failing them isn't a "free pass" to pat yourself on the back. Its just one step on the long road of rebuilding your lost trust. And no, I don't trust you at all.

fancy_pants

Activity: 663
Merit: 501

quarkchain.io

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2016, 01:07:06 AM

I've seen the guys from bitquick show up in person to San Francisco meetups.  I'm also a customer.  When I had problems,  they were nice and helpful when they could have legitimately been jerks if they wanted.

Like most people here, I don't think it's wise to give your bitcoins to anyone online.  If you must buy or sell into fiat, face to face is always better.   But if you want to trade online, then you pretty much have to use a site like localbitcoins, bitquick, coinbase, WOT or you pick your poison.  ( I'd love to be corrected with a trustless alternative in this forum.)

As for me,  I'm a happy  bitquick customer, and plan to be a customer again.

I am fancy__pants
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: