Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 10:27:42 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Zero fee transaction  (Read 4094 times)
bitterbit (OP)

Activity: 102
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 07:16:05 AM

Is there a way to create zero fee transaction anymore.The only way I knew was Blockchain.info and it seems they have removed it now.

PS: I need it for technical purpose.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 6705

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2016, 11:41:19 AM

Is there a way to create zero fee transaction anymore.The only way I knew was Blockchain.info and it seems they have removed it now.

You can create it by hand using Bitcoin Core's createrawtransaction RPC.

dsattler
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 05:03:43 PM

In Electrum you can setup the fee as you like.

Bitcointalk member since 2013! Smiley
Exparos

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 06:23:13 PM

[/quote

I don't think there is a way
cyberguy

Activity: 34
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2016, 11:47:12 PM

you can use bitcoin-tx that comes with bitcoin-core to create any custom transaction including one with zero fees. But I don't think the network will accept such transactions. Once I tried pushing such a tx (which contained valid data) using https://blockchain.info/pushtx and it was rejected. While Electrum allows adjusting fees to custom values, it does not allow creating zero fee transactions.
Angell

Activity: 565
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 01:44:21 AM

There are a lot of wallets that allow you to manually set the transaction fee to zero but that is not recommended beacuse it may take a long time to confirm the trasaction due to it's low priority.

dsattler
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 07:53:11 AM

While Electrum allows adjusting fees to custom values, it does not allow creating zero fee transactions.

Was this a change in one of their latest releases, because I've done zero fee tx with electrum a while ago when I transferred some bitcoins to a paper wallet!  Huh

bitterbit (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 10:36:38 AM

I'll summarise
Electrum - not possible
Coinb.in - not possible
Bitcoin core - Downloading chain
Any other way?
cyberguy

Activity: 34
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2016, 01:23:44 PM

While Electrum allows adjusting fees to custom values, it does not allow creating zero fee transactions.

Was this a change in one of their latest releases, because I've done zero fee tx with electrum a while ago when I transferred some bitcoins to a paper wallet!  Huh

I am using Electrum 2.6.4 on Linux, and when I attempted to make the fee zero, received a message saying this is not allowed. I do not know when this was introduced.
dsattler
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 03:21:39 PM

I am using Electrum 2.6.4 on Linux, and when I attempted to make the fee zero, received a message saying this is not allowed. I do not know when this was introduced.

Maybe it was this:
# Release 2.5.4
 * increase MIN_RELAY_TX_FEE to avoid dust transactions

You could try with an older version of electrum.

vero

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 04:54:52 PM

you can set up fee transaction to get fast confirmation but i don't know how to make zero fee transaction, i think you can't send without fee transaction in every transaction you made.

bitterbit (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 06:34:28 PM

It's not for a payment.Its for a technical report or analysis.Please suggest a working method or wallet.
Lauren Smith

Activity: 1050
Merit: 277

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2016, 07:46:18 PM

It really isn't worth it. I wait once 2 weeks because of to less fee.

xinzark
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 01:42:32 AM

I think you can still create the Zero fee transaction with blockchain. Don't know if it is unavailable with the new update
But Zero fee transaction are usually done by scammers to reverse back sent bitcoin because that transaction never confirms

Why you need them ?
bitterbit (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 04:25:15 AM

I think you can still create the Zero fee transaction with blockchain. Don't know if it is unavailable with the new update
But Zero fee transaction are usually done by scammers to reverse back sent bitcoin because that transaction never confirms

Why you need them ?

It's the third time I'm writing this,I need it for making a technical report on Bitcoin transaction.
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 05:59:51 AM

If you just for created 0 free, use desktop/cold wallet, like electrum, you can custom the transaction fee.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Transaction_fees#Priority_transactions
Just FYI.
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2016, 07:10:22 AM

You should be careful about trying to send BTC with zero transaction fee, it'll likely take forever for the transaction to complete. Just create a wallet with Coinbase, I've never had to pay any transaction fees when sending BTC  Smiley . Although I think you might have to pay if you're sending extremely small amounts like 20k Sat (I've never tried it personally).
Bloxy

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 07:48:31 AM

You can but the confirmation time will be a lot longer. It is highly not recommended but you can use the Bitcoin Core client.

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
dsattler
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 09:29:45 AM

You should be careful about trying to send BTC with zero transaction fee, it'll likely take forever for the transaction to complete. Just create a wallet with Coinbase, I've never had to pay any transaction fees when sending BTC  Smiley . Although I think you might have to pay if you're sending extremely small amounts like 20k Sat (I've never tried it personally).

You can't predict the outcome of a zero fee tx. It depends on coin age and amount, the older and bigger, the better. I've done some of those tx myself and they were all successful, but the coins were older than a year and the amounts were 1 BTC and above!

rancidgash

Activity: 735
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 09:53:34 AM

In little part I join this question:

As I know in classic (old) Multibit is impossible to change manually transaction fee, and it was always 10k sat.

Do any other version of MultiBit have option to change manually fee? If so, which is that?
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: