Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:09:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A4 Dominator, the 14nm LTC ASIC/Miners, in mass production, deliver in a week  (Read 9127 times)
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 07:20:42 AM

Do we have an experienced group buy manager interested in contacting them? If the price is under $2000, we should be able to get 20+ units worth of interest.

Do you want to invest money from 20+ into 2 pics made in Photoshop?

Innosilicon has a very good record of actually DELIVERING - with something in the ballpark of the specs they announce for their gear when it goes up for sale.
 They appear to have badly missed their INITIAL preliminary specs from last winter - but Bitfury arguably did so as well, since they were claiming .06 J/GH efficiency for THEIR chip at one point but it can only meet that claim at a VERY LOW voltage/hashrate - and Innosilicon DID claim their estimates from last winter were just that, preliminary ESTIMATES based on pre-production "tape out" chips or some such.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 08:10:21 AM

Do we have an experienced group buy manager interested in contacting them? If the price is under $2000, we should be able to get 20+ units worth of interest.

Do you want to invest money from 20+ into 2 pics made in Photoshop?

Innosilicon has a very good record of actually DELIVERING - with something in the ballpark of the specs they announce for their gear when it goes up for sale.
 They appear to have badly missed their INITIAL preliminary specs from last winter - but Bitfury arguably did so as well, since they were claiming .06 J/GH efficiency for THEIR chip at one point but it can only meet that claim at a VERY LOW voltage/hashrate - and Innosilicon DID claim their estimates from last winter were just that, preliminary ESTIMATES based on pre-production "tape out" chips or some such.

Had someone on here I know say he got an email saying they are not anywhere near production models yet....thus he figured FALL at the latest...of course this is not any indication
of bulk chip sales or other sales to data halls say that DON'T need a production based box unit etc like the A4 pics suggest..anyway asked him to post the email reply here...we will see
if he does that ....

If true ...it is quite common for ASIC manufacturers to miss their launch date by at least 3 months..just saying...at these LTC prices just gives some more manufacturers time
to play catch up I guess (assuming anyone is even playing these scrypt machine/chips/etc war games anymore at a home miner or base unit (A4) and not chips and/or their
own data hall in house ..that boat may have sailed....ie here are a few units and the majority is bulk chips to the china scrypt miners..ie enjoy Smiley

anyway my guess is FALL at earliest we will see one of these units for sale (A4's) gonna have to watch LTC difficulty to see if bulk chip sales or 'big boys' getting units first
ramp up the LTC difficulty per say....but I wonder how much is gonna be A4 units and how much is just gonna be bulk chip sales to china scrypt big miner farms at this point in time

again I know 'zip' just speculating...(not the email that exists) ..anyway we will see if my buddy gets around to posting innsilicon's reply on here soon ...I'll plod him again if not....

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Hunyadi
Legendary

Activity: 1281
Merit: 1000

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 08:57:57 AM

Do you guys really think they have 14nm chips? No bitcoin miner has it yet. AFAIK only Inter, Samsung and Apple use 14nm chips (I might be wrong). It is quite a gamble to develop 14nm chip for scrypt.

▂▃▅▇█▓▒░B**-Cultist░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
xingqiaoyin

Activity: 395
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 10:50:52 AM

Do you guys really think they have 14nm chips? No bitcoin miner has it yet. AFAIK only Inter, Samsung and Apple use 14nm chips (I might be wrong). It is quite a gamble to develop 14nm chip for scrypt.

I think they do... the only problem they have is they don't want to develop it with their own money...and investors are wary to end up the same like bitmine whoever the swiss guy is Cheesy
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 06:43:58 AM

LK-1401 (BW.COM) has reportedly been in production and in miners for a month or two already - just no better efficiency than the Bitmain S7 / BM1385.

BW.COM has also been paying off on the contracts for those miners for a while now, and has been showing the hashrate that they probably have the miners they claim to have.

Keep in mind the BW.COM might be new, but LKEtc that part-owns BW.COM is NOT new.

Bitfury demonstrated their 14nm chip in a series of videos almost 2 months back.

I also suspect that Innosilicon DID get some "partners" as a result of that offering they made last year - and I'd BET I can name one of those partners.

Will they meet July to ship miners to non-partner end-users? Dunno. Will they ship before fall? That I'd BET on.

Oops, just noticed one more thing. *S9* ships mid-June.

So much for your "no Bitcoin chip has 14nm" claim.

Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
Hunyadi
Legendary

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 07:53:40 AM

LK-1401 (BW.COM) has reportedly been in production and in miners for a month or two already - just no better efficiency than the Bitmain S7 / BM1385.

BW.COM has also been paying off on the contracts for those miners for a while now, and has been showing the hashrate that they probably have the miners they claim to have.

Keep in mind the BW.COM might be new, but LKEtc that part-owns BW.COM is NOT new.

Bitfury demonstrated their 14nm chip in a series of videos almost 2 months back.

I also suspect that Innosilicon DID get some "partners" as a result of that offering they made last year - and I'd BET I can name one of those partners.

Will they meet July to ship miners to non-partner end-users? Dunno. Will they ship before fall? That I'd BET on.

Oops, just noticed one more thing. *S9* ships mid-June.

So much for your "no Bitcoin chip has 14nm" claim.

Bitfury has 16nm, Bitmain has 16nm. BW claims to have 14nm (I believe when I see it). Also, Black Arrow had similar claims in 2014...

QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 05:09:39 AM

The only difference between "14nm" and "16nm" seems to be marketing and minor implimentation details between Global Foundrys and TSMC (and Intel which doesn't sell capasity to anyone else - I could also specify Samsung but they're allied with one of the others using the SAME process) - which is why I've tended to refer to the "14/16nm" generation.
It's interesting that NVidia has specified it is qualifying (or has qualified by now, IIRC they stated "2Q 2016" for the designs to be qualified on both) it's 10xx series products for production on BOTH process nodes - apparently with no change in their specifications, indicating the actual performance is pretty close to identical.

There is a major difference between Innosilicon (among others), with a PROVEN TRACK RECORD of delivering their claims and a long corporate history in semiconductor manufacture and design before Bitcoin existed, vs. a company like Black Arrow that never did make good on all of their claims and was very very late on what little they DID eventually deliver and didn't even exist when Bitcoin first came to be.

On a more important point, got a reply to my email inquiry about A4 pricing today.

"

Thanks for your interest! The pre-order price of A4 miner is not determined yet. Please stay tuned.

Best regards,

Chloe Zhang

+86 18040500320

Innosilicon Technology Ltd."

*SIGH*

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 05:18:57 AM

The only difference between "14nm" and "16nm" seems to be marketing and minor implimentation details between Global Foundrys and TSMC (and Intel which doesn't sell capasity to anyone else - I could also specify Samsung but they're allied with one of the others using the SAME process) - which is why I've tended to refer to the "14/16nm" generation.
It's interesting that NVidia has specified it is qualifying (or has qualified by now, IIRC they stated "2Q 2016" for the designs to be qualified on both) it's 10xx series products for production on BOTH process nodes - apparently with no change in their specifications, indicating the actual performance is pretty close to identical.

There is a major difference between Innosilicon (among others), with a PROVEN TRACK RECORD of delivering their claims and a long corporate history in semiconductor manufacture and design before Bitcoin existed, vs. a company like Black Arrow that never did make good on all of their claims and was very very late on what little they DID eventually deliver and didn't even exist when Bitcoin first came to be.

On a more important point, got a reply to my email inquiry about A4 pricing today.

"

Thanks for your interest! The pre-order price of A4 miner is not determined yet. Please stay tuned.

Best regards,

Chloe Zhang

+86 18040500320

*SIGH*

I'm even more sure the price is gonna be 4k for the miner..if not more so with the btc/ltc price hikes...just saying....we will see I guess.

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Hunyadi
Legendary

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 06:03:49 AM

"

Best regards,

Chloe Zhang

+86 18040500320

*SIGH*

Thanks for the very good reply!

daveolake

Activity: 415
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 03:05:11 PM

email response from Innosilicon  (A4 miners is open for pre-order now at price of 1800 USD per unit plus shipping fee, 10 units to start, with about 1000W per 260Mhs (+-10% performance variation) each and 30 days parts warranty. Delivery starts from September and max delay is one month.) you would need an order of at least 10 on first come first served, very limited quantities. It is out of my ability to buy right now, just thought I would pass the info on.
Hunyadi
Legendary

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 03:56:53 PM

email response from Innosilicon  (A4 miners is open for pre-order now at price of 1800 USD per unit plus shipping fee, 10 units to start, with about 1000W per 260Mhs (+-10% performance variation) each and 30 days parts warranty. Delivery starts from September and max delay is one month.) you would need an order of at least 10 on first come first served, very limited quantities. It is out of my ability to buy right now, just thought I would pass the info on.

Is this right? The specs are way worse than Titan's...

Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 03:58:32 PM

Thanks for the info.  I don't know why they didn't post here to inform us they had opened up the preorders.  Those equip specs are pretty far off what they started with, and not a HUGE improvement over those numbers from a Titan.  I  fired another email off to them to get some details.   Hopefully they have some video posted showing the new A4 running and can provide more info.  30 day warranty?Huh?? Seriously 30 days?
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 07:09:03 AM

Is this right? The specs are way worse than Titan's...

I addressed this in the other A4 thread.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1251930.msg15301945#msg15301945

Assuming my math is correct (big assumption) you would be hard pressed to find a 350mh used titan that goes full out. So using a full out maybe at 325mh Titan
it comes out as a wash power vs mh imho

The 30 day warranty kinda goes beyond sucky. I like the Sept Shipping plus or minus a month...ie BFL used to claim it in the manner Sept 31 to Oct 31 kinda deal
all asic's all the time are one month late...its like an ironclad rule don't ya know Smiley

but man they could sell like toasters and blow up difficulty like bitcoin  ....and of course their goal is to sell them like toasters (damn it) Sad

Longsnowsm

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 06:14:06 PM

We are presently working on a group buy.  Here is the thread that I started for those interested in getting in on the pre-order group buy.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1523298.0
Longsnowsm

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 05:42:49 AM

We received an update from Innosilicon regarding the availability of the A4.  Here are the latest specs and info regarding the current batch 1 pre-order:

Update: World Most Profitable A4 Dominator Miner is coming soon! Early batch goes fast with best efficiency ever and very limited quantity, and who are the lucky ones to get the access to the first batch will, with no doubt, enjoy the early gain before anybody else, that means big profit.

Pre-order price: 1800 USD per unit plus shipping fee, 5 units to start

Estimated delivery time: Starts from August and max delay is one month.

Warrantee: 45 days parts warranty

Specifications:
l  Part Number: INNOSILICON A4 Dominator 280Mhs per unit (+-10% performance, can be over-clocked at user's risk)
l  Size: Length 28cm * Width 12.8cm * Height 25cm
l  Net weight: 11KG (without PSU)
l  ASIC: A4, 80pcs
l  Blade: 4pcs
l  Voltage: +12V
l  Power efficiency: Initial batch will be defaulted at 3.2W/Mhs in Turbo mode, 2.2W/Mhs in Norminal mode, and 1.35W/Mhs in ultra low power mode
l  Required rated PSU: 1000W or above, 8 * PCI-E 6Pin
PSU is external and exclusive to save your international shipping cost, which can be acquired used easily at low cost or reused from old version miners.
l  Included: Raspberry Pi, it is plug and play with your PSU

If you would like to know about the group buy we are organizing you can find that thread here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1523298.40
hdmediaservices

Activity: 630
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 09:31:20 PM

Anyone concerned that this company now has just a cell phone as their company phone line in China and also in Toronto? 

How do they transfer calls to different employees?  Oh maybe by passing the cell phone around?  LOL

RED FLAG to me.

Longsnowsm

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 03:56:19 PM

Looks like we will find out soon enough.  The target ship date is August at the moment with a possible delay into September.  For those of us who have already placed our order I guess we will be the "test subjects". 
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 03:03:23 AM
Last edit: July 22, 2016, 03:24:45 AM by toptek

That would be really bad if they went under, .Innosilicon was very solid up till now if that's the case if no A4 comes i can only think how much more the script miners we have now will increases in price including the old Zeus Miners of which the older ones have some but with no one making any but good kind of i guess you won't have to worry to much about upgrading and can keep using those A2 and titans and Alchemist and still make a lot .

I guess there is no money in it hardware wise like there is with sha256 miners no one makes one if they do they have turned out so far to be one big scam  or go bankrupt  and if Innosilicon dies same thing, mining seems good . just getting new hardware not used for script mining is hard if not impossible.

I think BW makes a scrpt chip but they won't share it Sad.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
dogjunior

Activity: 407
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 04:47:24 AM

Bad but not uncommon. If they were well funded they would not be doing preorder.
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 11:18:25 PM

I doubt BW (which is part-owned by LKetc of Dragon miner fame) has any interest in Scrypt - if they DID, they could have been making Scrypt miners years ago, given their close relationship for a long while with Innosilicon.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: