Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 01:56:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OPHION signature campaign halt ...  (Read 550 times)
Harpua (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Spastic dead-eyed hound.

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 08:25:30 PM

So I want this thread open to talk about the developments about this campaign, and to see if we are just screwed out of a week's worth of advertising for the devs or not...

Both the coin's [ANN] thread and the campaign thread has been locked so far.
traderbit

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2016, 08:32:57 PM

The signature campaign funds are held by escrow and this is why escrow is recommended to be used on a new campaign.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1472638.msg14851009#msg14851009
Since the money are on escrow, escrow should pay the participants.

Harpua (OP)

Spastic dead-eyed hound.

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 08:35:29 PM

The signature campaign funds are held by escrow and this is why escrow is recommended to be used on a new campaign.

But what if the campaign manager just leaves too... is that now the duties of the escrow too?
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 08:36:44 PM

So I want this thread open to talk about the developments about this campaign, and to see if we are just screwed out of a week's worth of advertising for the devs or not...

Nice that someone opened thread for this! I`m watching all day for something.

I send message to campaign manager BTCat :

Hello, you are the only one I see online from Ophion signature campaign. Can you tell me where we stand with that now?
I saw you don`t control founds but I guess you have a bit more information`s then me. I just wake up and saw ophion thread locked and campaign thread locked.. what is happening and what we can expect?

I check scam accusation section but nobody posted anything, what you think to wait a bit more or make some topic there?

Hi,
I just found out this morning that the dev will close the project. So the sig campaign is stopped now.

I have send a message to Escrow and he must decide if all participants get paid for last week. He will discuss with Hazelnutter.
When he decides payout will happen then I will make a list and all get paid for their posts until the time the thread got locked.

So I suggest to wait with anything else for decision. Either way it will not continue for 4 weeks as previously announced.

Regards,

BTCat

Now I think its not just campaign, Ophion site is down and lot of people invested in this coin.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1479267.0 like this guy and he is only one that posted something before you did.

I send message to Hazelnutter cause he was one of dev`s but until now I didnt receive anything from him.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
traderbit

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2016, 08:36:57 PM

But what if the campaign manager just leaves too... is that now the duties of the escrow too?

If the campaign manager is unable to make the payment for the participants then it's the escrow duty to make the payment, that's why escrow is a 'backup' to cover this.

Harpua (OP)

Spastic dead-eyed hound.

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 08:41:47 PM

Nice that someone opened thread for this! I`m watching all day for something.

I send message to campaign manager BTCat :

Hello, you are the only one I see online from Ophion signature campaign. Can you tell me where we stand with that now?
I saw you don`t control founds but I guess you have a bit more information`s then me. I just wake up and saw ophion thread locked and campaign thread locked.. what is happening and what we can expect?

I check scam accusation section but nobody posted anything, what you think to wait a bit more or make some topic there?

Hi,
I just found out this morning that the dev will close the project. So the sig campaign is stopped now.

I have send a message to Escrow and he must decide if all participants get paid for last week. He will discuss with Hazelnutter.
When he decides payout will happen then I will make a list and all get paid for their posts until the time the thread got locked.

So I suggest to wait with anything else for decision. Either way it will not continue for 4 weeks as previously announced.

Regards,

BTCat

Now I think its not just campaign, Ophion site is down and lot of people invested in this coin.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1479267.0 like this guy and he is only one that posted something before you did.

I send message to Hazelnutter cause he was one of dev`s but until now I didnt receive anything from him.

woooahhh, so now it's the escrows "decision" if he wants to pay out people now?  That doesn't sound good...

If the campaign manager is unable to make the payment for the participants then it's the escrow duty to make the payment, that's why escrow is a 'backup' to cover this.

Ah, what I was trying to say was, 'what if the campaign manager just doesn't give him a payment report of who did what? Does he now have to act out the duty of campaign manager and escrow/payout guy?'
traderbit

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2016, 08:46:05 PM

~
woooahhh, so now it's the escrows "decision" if he wants to pay out people now?  That doesn't sound good...
~
Ah, what I was trying to say was, 'what if the campaign manager just doesn't give him a payment report of who did what? Does he now have to act out the duty of campaign manager and escrow/payout guy?'

I don't think notaek will scam, because his duty is to pay the participants if the manger doesn't. It is much better to have an escrow than not, what will happen if there were no escrow? 2. If campaign manager doesn't give the report to escrow then or people will count themself the posts or a new manager will count them, don't know about this situation, notaek should decide this probably.

Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2016, 08:51:20 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2016, 01:08:08 AM by Lutpin

woooahhh, so now it's the escrows "decision" if he wants to pay out people now?  That doesn't sound good...
Yes, it is. That's why they were entrusted with the money, to make a decision, as 3rd party, in case something goes wrong (like it seems to go here right now).
Ofc notaek should pay the participants, which I'm sure he will.

Basically, yep.

I don't think notaek will scam, because his duty is to pay the participants if the manger doesn't. It is much better to have an escrow than not, what will happen if there were no escrow? 2. If campaign manager doesn't give the report to escrow then or people will count themself the posts or a new manager will count them, don't know about this situation, notaek should decide this probably.
People shouldn't count their posts themselves, that's only bringing up more problems than solutions.
It's the escrows job to distribute the funds entrusted with them in such cases.
Either they get a report from the signature campaign manager about whom to pay what sum, or it's aswell in their responsibility to determine that themselves.

From knowing notaek some time now, and from the fact that he runs signature campaigns himself as a manager, I think he will either way be abled to make the right decision about distributing the funds.

It is much better to have an escrow than not, what will happen if there were no escrow?
We've seen campaigns with no escrows run perfectly well, and we've seen escrowed campaigns going down in chaos.
Both things have happened, and both things will happen again.
It's good for a new campaign/project to have an escrow set up, but there are arguments for both sides, and sometimes, escrows aren't necessary.

a new manager will count them, don't know about this situation, notaek should decide this probably.
From how I understand this situation, there won't be a new manager, since the project got abandoned.
Since the current manager is a hired one (not part of the project itself), he should be completing his job.
If that doesn't happen to be the case, notaek is abled to do it himself.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1310

Get your game girl

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 09:16:58 PM

Fuck the Signature Campaign,the entire project is dumped I believe.Your signature money is actually investors money.
Scam accusation opened https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1479475.0
lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 12:36:14 AM

the escrow could be often a scam, so you should always track the status of paying in signature campaign, it could be a ponzi-like.

felt sorry to hear you are not being paid anyway. Cry hope they resolve this kind of problem and not repeating it again.

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
bitcoin-hunter

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 12:58:53 AM

Fuck the Signature Campaign,the entire project is dumped I believe.Your signature money is actually investors money.
Scam accusation opened https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1479475.0

LOL, take a chill pill, the thread is about the signature campaign. You can frustrate your anger on your scam accusation thread.

the escrow could be often a scam, so you should always track the status of paying in signature campaign, it could be a ponzi-like.

felt sorry to hear you are not being paid anyway. Cry hope they resolve this kind of problem and not repeating it again.

The funny this is you posted this some time ago and you were right.. The escrow Notaek is a scam
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1472638.msg14915136#msg14915136

He is also a signature campaign manager :S
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2016, 01:02:50 AM

What's wrong with these so called campaign managers
Gianluca aka the Spam King
Notaek a greedy bastard who double cross to make profit and then act 'stupid'
Don't take this out on the wrong peoples back/generalize, please.

I believe notaek made a mistake here.

As an escrow, he's supposed to act as a 3rd party between the runners and the participants of a signature campaign.
That's the job he was hired for, and that should be the base of his decisions.
Based on that, he's obligated to review both sides and in case of a dispute make a decision on how to proceed.
(The reason users are more eager to join escrowed signature campaigns is, that there is a sort of second safety net in case the runners don't come through with what they offered.)
Notaek failed to see his responsibility towards the participants, and acted rash when repaying the escrowed amount to the runners.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
Harpua (OP)

Spastic dead-eyed hound.

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 01:21:28 AM

What's wrong with these so called campaign managers
Gianluca aka the Spam King
Notaek a greedy bastard who double cross to make profit and then act 'stupid'
Don't take this out on the wrong peoples back/generalize, please.

I believe notaek made a mistake here.

As an escrow, he's supposed to act as a 3rd party between the runners and the participants of a signature campaign.
That's the job he was hired for, and that should be the base of his decisions.
Based on that, he's obltare ed to review both sides and in case of a dispute make a decision on how to proceed.
(The reason users are more eager to join escrowed signature campaigns is, that there is a sort of second safety net in case the runners don't come through with what they offered.)
Notaek failed to see his responsibility towards the participants, and acted rash when repaying the escrowed amount to the runners.

He didn't even bother to see both sides... It seems he just saw that emailed and though, "Mehhh, what the hell... I guess I trust that guy to repay investors"... which he didn't even ask for a return address list, which there probably wasn't one.

... I mean c'mon man, are you really giving him the "benefit of the doubt" here?  He's a scammer, or just litterally incoherent with campaigns and should never given the opportunity to escrow again... it's like he didn't even want to attempt to try and do a good job.
BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 06:16:55 AM

Sorry for being a bit of topic , but generally speaking , signatures who are new here, you should not rush to join them, we have seen bitsupra first, now Ophion and a few others which I don't remember that they are closing down. A signature run by bot will not run away if the site doesn't collapse too, thats why I prefer these kind of signatures which unfortunately in this forum are very few, Yobit, Bitmixer and Bit-X so far.
Again do not rush in any new signature campaign which just shows up out of nowhere. My 2 cents here.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: