Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:36:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Obviously a scam attempt or hack  (Read 361 times)
bigasic (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 10:57:34 PM

Hey all,

I just got an email from a bloke trying to share his drop box folder that was named very similar to a way i make back ups granted,  a lot of people title them the same way but nonetheless freaked me out. at first I thought my drop box was hacked. but realized it was the scammers folder that he wanted to share with me. I never opened up any file, obv. but this has me worried. Also he stated to send X amount of bitcoins to So and so and leave X amount in the folder.. I know a couple people named Bryan in the Bitcoin community so this is why its freaking me out a bit..

I immediately deleted the email without opening any files and then checked my drop box and none of them have changed in months, just as it should be. (I did read the email, I dont think that would put a malware on my computer it did come from drop box so im fairly confident that I would have had to open up a file to get infected, please correct me if im wrong)

You techies out there, do I have much to worry about?

Thanks
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 11:12:35 PM

Already discussed here
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 11:13:09 PM

As long as you didn't open the file.
bigasic (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 11:27:48 PM

Already discussed here

Yes, I noticed it right after I posted. ill lock it..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: