Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:28:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin be surpassed by Ethereum???  (Read 3276 times)
Binmado

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 01:36:27 PM

I think bitcoin is enjoying a very big support being the pioneer currency in the history of cryptocurrency but if place side by side with ethereum and the like of litecoin they are having a more real life use than just be a mode of payment. It's possible but it may take time
In my opinion, ETH is more popular and more useful than BTC, but they are still a coin born later than BTC, so it is impossible to overcome the BTC, BTC forever king. Crypto market, only thanks to the miracle, ETH can overtake BTC, but this is really hard.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vilianms

Activity: 134

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 01:44:29 PM

This is a fact that will not change. Although Ethereum has many users. Its safety and speed are also reasonable. But the existence of Bitcoin in cryptocurrency is God. Cryptographic currency cannot leave Bitcoin. This is just now or two years in the future.
Raziel444

Activity: 108

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 01:48:01 PM

Ofcourse it can't because first of all the price of ethereum isn't reaching half of the bitcoin's value
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 02:00:39 PM

I have bought some Ethereum a while back ago and already doubled my investment. Ethereum price has been growing a lot and there's already a lot of people saying that Ethereum will be the next momentum currency.

What do you guys think? Should I hold some more?

ETH is a very good bet, it's the number one smart contract platform and is likely to remain so in the long-term. Smart contracts will be huge, and ETH is leading the way. It's always a good idea to buy more, but also always a good idea to spread your risk and not put everything on one project.

aris av
Copper Member

Activity: 409
Merit: 1

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 02:32:48 PM

I have bought some Ethereum a while back ago and already doubled my investment. Ethereum price has been growing a lot and there's already a lot of people saying that Ethereum will be the next momentum currency.

I still find it hard to believe what you write, ethereum can not beat bitcoin because bitcoin is the basis of crypto, and with it bitcoin will remain the main coin in crypto.

krauzzer02

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 03:51:28 PM

ETH has its own momentum but at the current condition of the crypto market, adoption and the community support bitcoin has the upper hand among all the altcoins, ETH has its own usage like smart contracts and token support creation etc but the main currency that we have is bitcoin that's why below it they are calling it altcoins, ETH is a good investment but do not focus solely on that currency alone, set your eyes on other altcoins to maximize the profit.
Abeleez

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 04:07:24 PM

I don't understand why you mean by surpass?
Higher token? Would mean that 1ETH with more than 1 BTC
Higher market cap?
Higher volume - interesting metric as well
These are speculative questions. It is impossible to say for sure what will happen.
My advice is : invest in both.
benedictonathan

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 04:23:00 PM

I think based on my own experiences in crypto, Ethereum may have many uses compared to bitcoin - token creation and others, but Bitcoin is the king of the road until now. As long as many people continue to be bullish on bitcoin then there is no chance for ethereum to surpass its dominance in the crypto markets. Takes a while and a big crash to turn the tables around.

e GOLD
..M   I   N   I   N   G
                                     ██
                                  o█████
                                ,████P███
                               d████'  Y█
                              d████'    ██
                            ,████PLd█.  ███
                           d█████████'   Y██b████
                      _  ,██████████[     '█████████
                   _o███b███████████     ,d███████P██
                  o████████PO████████   ,██████████`"███
                d████████P',███████P   d███████████    YYbo█████
             ,o███████P"' d███████P  ,█████P `Y███       `███PY███
         ,██████████'    `Y███P''   d█PP`'     `"'         Y██L `Y██
        o██"""'██P'      d██P'     `P'                     `████L Y███
      ,██P    o█'       o█P                                  `Y██L Y███
     d██P               `                                      Y██   Y███
   ,████' ,p                                                    `'     `Y██
  o███P                                                                  `███
,████P                                                                     `Y███

Passive Income For eGM Token Holders
Through Cryptocurrency Mining Profits

Mining. Hosting. Cloud Mining.

WHITEPAPER

How it Works
███

███
███████████████████████████████████

INVEST NOW

███████████████████████████████████
███
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
███

We plan to be the first USA
cryptosecurity that pays investors
a share of net profits every month
regardless of the state of the market.
go4crypto

Activity: 798
Merit: 263

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 04:30:35 PM

While there is a small chance it could happen even if it is for a short while, there are no strong reasons to believe so. With so many rival project platforms, the bigger  question is if Ethereum will be surpassed by one of those.
infoprener

Activity: 104

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 04:37:05 PM

Etherium is a very popular crypto currency. It is based on a lot of smart contracts and start-ups. Perhaps, at times it will be more profitable than bitcoin. But still bitcoin is the gold of the digital age. It is unlikely that the capitalization of even such a powerful crypto currency as the etherium will exceed the capitalization of bitcoin.
xanxus.kun

Activity: 495
Merit: 100

You have to get what you want your own way.

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 04:40:23 PM

I doubt it, sure the Ethereum is the next generation coin, and using smart contract so basically its a better and way faster than Bitcoin, but the foundation Bitcoin laid and honed for almost a decade now its not something you can overthrow by just becoming a better coin, if that's the case then there are tons of better coins out there. The value of Ethereum may become huge someday but I don't think that it can ever surpass Bitcoin.

doomloop

Activity: 2282
Merit: 581

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 09:11:53 PM

Roger Ver is not convinced that Bitcoin will remain the "pinnacle" for a long time to come. In a recent interview, he mentioned how Ethereum would overtake Bitcoin in the near future. With the recent increase in the price of Ether, the original token of Ethereum, it is clear that things will be better.
ETH can never suppress Bitcoin. If we do the comparative analysis, we are able to understand why. First we look at the market value of ETH and Bitcoin and Bitcoin has a market value more than that of ETH. The market profitability for Bitcoin is also more. Popularity in the market counts and Bitcoin is more popular. General acceptability of Bitcoin is far more than that of ETH. Having said these all, I do not think ETH can suppress Bitcoin.

Wolfwar

Activity: 630
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 09:16:11 PM

Roger Ver is not convinced that Bitcoin will remain the "pinnacle" for a long time to come. In a recent interview, he mentioned how Ethereum would overtake Bitcoin in the near future. With the recent increase in the price of Ether, the original token of Ethereum, it is clear that things will be better.
ETH can never suppress Bitcoin. If we do the comparative analysis, we are able to understand why. First we look at the market value of ETH and Bitcoin and Bitcoin has a market value more than that of ETH. The market profitability for Bitcoin is also more. Popularity in the market counts and Bitcoin is more popular. General acceptability of Bitcoin is far more than that of ETH. Having said these all, I do not think ETH can suppress Bitcoin.
I also very much doubt that the Eth will be able to reach those heights that reached Bitcoin. But the fact is that in recent times the public trust to bitcoin has fallen very badly and it is necessary to consider such a situation when Bitcoin and the etherium will go in opposition to each other. Bitcoin descend, and the etherium ascends.
Shingaling

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 09:38:10 PM

For me bitcoin will remain in its original position no one can replace or surpassed it.Ethereum is a good coin also but it will not go over the price of bitcoin.
bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 09:44:29 PM

I think that is not an easy statement to justify, i do agree that ethereum provides more options, more features, more services, more utilities etc but bitcoin is the king and the first ever working product of the blockchain technology, i think it is here to stay and you can check its high dominancy despite thousands of new coins.

Mind Control

Activity: 224
Merit: 41

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 10:20:02 PM

I believe that holding more Ethereum is a great thing to do since Ethereum has a very likelihood of increasing its value. Ethereum has a high probability of profitability that's why many are resorting to it. I believe you should hold more, as much as you can.

On the part if Bitcoin will be surpassed by Ethereum, we cannot say for certain but in my honest opinion, there is a good likelihood. Ethereum is a great coin for p2p transactions. It is much practical compared to Bitcoin.
uray

Activity: 1400
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 10:29:03 PM

The price of ETH have moved a lot after the correction and it is a good thing for the market but that does not mean that it will surpass the valuation of bitcoin, ETH has its momentum as a platform for other projects to issue their tokens and i am not using it as a currency and so does majority of the users.
len23

Activity: 175

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 10:46:36 PM

Bitcoin will always be the king of all coins,it is still the number coin when it comes to high value and popularity.Ethereum is also a promising coin and a good coin.But i am not closing the possibility,who knows the future of both.
greenclub09

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

BBOD - The Best Crypto Derivatives Exchange

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 10:59:02 PM

Ethereum is the queen of the world cryptocurrency, in the future, it will continue to grow and have a very high value. Ethereum has advanced blockchain technology, it is the foundation of so many ICOs, every day this altcoin has a lot of transactions, obviously a bright future is waiting for Ethereum. However, Bitcoin is the king of the market, if Ethereum wants to pass Bitcoin, then Ethereum must grow stronger, faster, and Bitcoin must weaken.

ximenzi

Activity: 103

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 08:38:59 AM

I am very surprised why so many people have such ideas? Don't you think you are stupid? Ethereum transcends Bitcoin? Go ahead and dream. What do you think? It's really stupid.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: