Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:15:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin be surpassed by Ethereum???  (Read 3276 times)
Casey7

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 12:46:47 AM

Ethereum price is only driven by speculation and over speculation over DAO tokens. Nobody clearly nows how those DAO tokens will be used in real life application. But people are buying and made it one of the largest croudfunded projects in the world which have attracted more investors pumping price of eth as DAO is based on eth smart contracts. But i don't think this price of eth will be same after week from now, when DAO token exchange will be live.
Why dao token? We talk about bitcoin and also etherium. Dao does not have power to replace bitcoin but only etherium has that power but also not enough to replace bitcoin. Bitcoin will always in the top and its the leader of crypto and most of cyptocurrency follow bitcoin price.
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tyronecoinbit

Activity: 359
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 01:26:32 PM

I am very surprised why so many people have such ideas? Don't you think you are stupid? Ethereum transcends Bitcoin? Go ahead and dream. What do you think? It's really stupid.
There is no guarantee that bitcoin will continue to be number # 1, remember that there are hundreds of tokens and continue to grow so as to make ethereum usage continue to increase, ethereum daily transactions keep increasing and getting closer to bitcoin so it is natural if one day eth beat bitcoin.
As we try to recall this subject. If some users hold their shares of ethereum as well as bitcoin definitely they have a huge amount of profit. Hopefully as what happen last year would be the same this year, but the value of the two known and popular crypto currency have a huge gap. Moreover, we should have enough patience in order to have a great amount of profit by holding our shares if possible.
hawkins

Activity: 1204
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 01:45:11 PM

I am very surprised why so many people have such ideas? Don't you think you are stupid? Ethereum transcends Bitcoin? Go ahead and dream. What do you think? It's really stupid.
There is no guarantee that bitcoin will continue to be number # 1, remember that there are hundreds of tokens and continue to grow so as to make ethereum usage continue to increase, ethereum daily transactions keep increasing and getting closer to bitcoin so it is natural if one day eth beat bitcoin.
As we try to recall this subject. If some users hold their shares of ethereum as well as bitcoin definitely they have a huge amount of profit. Hopefully as what happen last year would be the same this year, but the value of the two known and popular crypto currency have a huge gap. Moreover, we should have enough patience in order to have a great amount of profit by holding our shares if possible.

ETH is really something to be counted on, and it does become an altcoin that becomes a strong rival for bitcoin. but we know that bitcoin is the best crypto to date, and even today it's like controlling prices. so, I think, it is very difficult for ETH to replace bitcoin.
TXCEO

Activity: 102
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 02:50:52 PM

This issue has been discussed for several years. If Ethereum can surpass it, it should be surpassed a few years ago. Why can't you surpass it? Because the users of Ethereum are limited to the market, Bitcoin can be used in life!
untugede

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 05:24:02 PM

I have bought some Ethereum a while back ago and already doubled my investment. Ethereum price has been growing a lot and there's already a lot of people saying that Ethereum will be the next momentum currency.

What do you guys think? Should I hold some more?
yes, Ethereum could be the momentum of future crypto money, some people doubt the growth of Ethereum because it has now experienced a drastic decline, whereas it is not only Ethereum that is currently declining almost all of the current crypto money in the market has dropped, so I think you are choosing the right decision to invest in Ethereum.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                 
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                       
                                                    ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 06:43:20 PM

Yes, Ethereum has a lot of potential and much better features than the pioneer but I think it will take the coin years to surpass bitcoin.
This is so, as Bitcoin being the pioneer has the first mover advantage and due to this is much more widely accepted in the financial market (market capital of $130 billion) and is also considered as the brand name for the cryptocurrencies. The coin also has the potential to head towards being a mainstream currency currently.
Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 06:55:13 PM

I have bought some Ethereum a while back ago and already doubled my investment. Ethereum price has been growing a lot and there's already a lot of people saying that Ethereum will be the next momentum currency.

I think you should. As you know, most ICOs are using ethereum platform and ethereum is one of the platform that has developed a lot since it first started. That is also one of the reasons why it is sitting next to bitcoin in terms of market capitalization.
Coinseeker22

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 07:06:34 PM

definitely! if you have more money to invest i say go invest more on Ethereum specially on the dips. this will give you more leverage on your investments. Ethereum's forecast for this year is great you can never go wrong with it. But your topic head for Ethereum to surpass Bitcoin you gotta be more clear on that man, in which aspect are you referring about?

--- WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN www.wppenergy.io
JackMan125

Activity: 36

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 08:20:00 PM

i really do not think so, BTC and ETH have different functions, BTC is a hold of value, ETH is more an investment vessle
JackMan125

Activity: 36

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 08:27:51 PM

also eth is not the first crypto so BTC has that advantage
NelsonEmpire

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 08:29:11 PM

I really doubt it
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 01:11:04 PM

also eth is not the first crypto so BTC has that advantage

BTC will always have the advantage over other coins as other coins today exists because of bitcoin. That is the reason people call it the king of all coins. Also currently the difference between the top 2 coins market cap wise is too much and may take years to surpass unless something major comes up in between which can change the game.
skylar

Activity: 434
Merit: 104

Esport Ecosystem

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 01:30:44 PM

Just look at the dominance market by bitcoin, it will make more harder for every coin that wanna surpassed btc. When we look at the market, how huge bitcoin are on trading volume and this coin is just like become standart trade pairing for every coin. Thats make me think that it will be the first on very long long time.
R9s

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:14:08 PM

As far as the current situation is concerned, it is impossible for Ethereum to surpass Bitcoin. Although the role of Ethereum has been recognized by a large number of users, its shortcomings are also obvious. It cannot even buy a piece of chocolate in life! Bitcoin can do it!

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
real eyes realize

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 05:32:32 PM

I think it is not a low possibility that eth can surpass btc in the following months or years. In addition to that, It doesn't matter bitcoin or ethereum or any other coin, I want to see a market which is not under the effect of just one coin. So, I hope ethereum can get close to the price of bitcoin. But as I said, this I think this is a very low possibility.
lamadu3

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 08:10:55 PM

Yes, it's over Ethereum can overtake bitcoin and this event is very close. Vitalik Buterin recently reported about new developments that will be implemented in Ethereum and I think this event will greatly affect the price of this token.

Bro, this event will not come very soon. I think that we will have to wait for it for at least 5 years. Although Bitcoin lost over 57% of its price since last fall, it will remain the market king for a long time.
Alijiindahaus

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 10:21:23 PM

Yes, it's over Ethereum can overtake bitcoin and this event is very close. Vitalik Buterin recently reported about new developments that will be implemented in Ethereum and I think this event will greatly affect the price of this token.

Bro, this event will not come very soon. I think that we will have to wait for it for at least 5 years. Although Bitcoin lost over 57% of its price since last fall, it will remain the market king for a long time.
It seems to me that if Bitcoin is implemented all over the world, it will be easier for it to be implemented in order to use it as a reliable tool. This is how you can save not only the value of Bitcoin, but also the real stability of the market.
PROFIT_REVIEW

Activity: 81
Merit: 1

“The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content”

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 06:43:12 PM

Most likely Ethereum will sometime surpass Bitcoin, since smart contracts are much more affordable than bitcoins, and Ethereum will be used by more users.

W E M A R K   ❱ ❱❱   https://www.wemark.com/
Blockchain-based marketplace for digital content
Renskin

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 07:23:07 PM

on this coin the most promising Ethereum and a large blockchain to create a new cryptocurrency and blockchain projects. the biggest problem related to the scalability of bitcoin can be solved by the recent announcement by Botrini combining sharding and Casper that nemenuemo result Ethereum in the first place ahead of bitcoin ktozh wins time will tell
perfect999

Activity: 1596
Merit: 299

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 06:16:42 AM

I really doubt it
Well that is not the problem or an incentive for Bitcoin. The fact is that ETH is not too old yet and was launched in July 30, 2015 and this 30th July will mark the 3rd year of ETH. Now if you look at the position of ETH, you can easily say it is rising swiftly and the speed is what defines your position in the crypto. Since Bitcoin has done really good in the last nine years, and has a market cap much bigger that ETH has, I, for now, do not think ETH can outshine it in the coming decades.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: