Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:26:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Announcing Nxt 2.0 (Ardor)  (Read 4831 times)
Damelon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 07:28:17 PM

do i have to withdraw all my nxt in exchanges? and keep them in the wallet? and just wait?
please tell my what i have to do with my nxt coins. thank you.

btw: the timing is not the best. lsk is getting so much attention at the moment.

For now, keep them where you like.

The snapshot proces will start with the mainnet version of Nxt NRS 1.9, which is still a while away.

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
macsga
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 08:07:30 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2016, 08:53:33 PM by macsga

do i have to withdraw all my nxt in exchanges? and keep them in the wallet? and just wait?
please tell my what i have to do with my nxt coins. thank you.

btw: the timing is not the best. lsk is getting so much attention at the moment.

For now, keep them where you like.

The snapshot proces will start with the mainnet version of Nxt NRS 1.9, which is still a while away.

Is there an ETA or any early betas?

Edit: 01.07.2016 - just saw it in the OP. Tongue

Chaos could be a form of intelligence we cannot yet understand its complexity.
Lukas_Jackson

Activity: 615
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 09:31:06 PM

Amazing. I'll definitely look into NXT again.
Reached double bottom yesterday. Good one.

It is easier to be an aggressive victim than to be a free man.
farl4web
Legendary

Activity: 1205
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 10:41:07 PM

This Is Nxt. Always ahead of the rest in its features and posibilities. Hope more people will see the value of a true stable and innovative blockchain. Looking forward to the future!!  Smiley Smiley
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 10:41:53 PM

Distribution:

FXT (Main Chain Tokens)
All NXT holders are eligible to receive FXT Tokens at launch of the Mainnet.
Shortly after the release of Nxt 1.9, (intended to be the last major release on the Nxt 1.0 branch) the Nxt Software will start taking periodic snapshots of all users' NXT balances, at regular intervals (most likely once an hour), for a period of three months.
The NXT balances in each account will be averaged over this full three month period, and at the end all accounts will be automatically credited with a token representing their FXT holdings, issued as an Asset on the Nxt asset exchange.
This FXT Asset will be freely tradeable.
The distribution of the real FXT coins ( to be done at the launch of the Nxt 2.0 Mainnet in Q3 2017) will be based on the ownership of FXT Assets on the 1.9 blockchain, taken at the point of time when the 2.0 Genesis block is created, shortly before that launch.

FNX (Transaction Tokens for the FNX Child Chain)
The distribution of the FNX Token will be based on each account’s NXT holdings at the time of the Nxt 2.0 Genesis block creation.
At the time of writing, the Core Devs have decided to credit 50% of these holdings to each new FNX Account, while reserving 50% of FNX for funding of the development team, business development and other operations that will need funding to make the Nxt 2.0 project a success.
The Core Devs acknowledge that not including this step in the distribution of 2013 was a mistake in the first place, which has left the project chronically underfunded. As a donation based model is not sustainable, they decided to opt for the allocation of 50% for project development and sustainability.

You guys are some real idiots.  I'd like to know how this moronic plan fits in with BCNext's vision?  Why are you splitting the forging process away from the currency?  The whole point of NXT was to allow the currency holders to secure the blockchain in proportion to their stake.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 10:42:50 PM

This Is Nxt. Always ahead of the rest in its features and posibilities. Hope more people will see the value of a true stable and innovative blockchain. Looking forward to the future!!  Smiley Smiley

All you blood-sucking leeches are a bunch of traitors to the original movement and ideology of NXT.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 05:24:49 AM

Distribution:

FXT (Main Chain Tokens)
All NXT holders are eligible to receive FXT Tokens at launch of the Mainnet.
Shortly after the release of Nxt 1.9, (intended to be the last major release on the Nxt 1.0 branch) the Nxt Software will start taking periodic snapshots of all users' NXT balances, at regular intervals (most likely once an hour), for a period of three months.
The NXT balances in each account will be averaged over this full three month period, and at the end all accounts will be automatically credited with a token representing their FXT holdings, issued as an Asset on the Nxt asset exchange.
This FXT Asset will be freely tradeable.
The distribution of the real FXT coins ( to be done at the launch of the Nxt 2.0 Mainnet in Q3 2017) will be based on the ownership of FXT Assets on the 1.9 blockchain, taken at the point of time when the 2.0 Genesis block is created, shortly before that launch.

FNX (Transaction Tokens for the FNX Child Chain)
The distribution of the FNX Token will be based on each account’s NXT holdings at the time of the Nxt 2.0 Genesis block creation.
At the time of writing, the Core Devs have decided to credit 50% of these holdings to each new FNX Account, while reserving 50% of FNX for funding of the development team, business development and other operations that will need funding to make the Nxt 2.0 project a success.
The Core Devs acknowledge that not including this step in the distribution of 2013 was a mistake in the first place, which has left the project chronically underfunded. As a donation based model is not sustainable, they decided to opt for the allocation of 50% for project development and sustainability.

You guys are some real idiots.  I'd like to know how this moronic plan fits in with BCNext's vision?  Why are you splitting the forging process away from the currency?  The whole point of NXT was to allow the currency holders to secure the blockchain in proportion to their stake.
So this is an unofficial split? I may not be reading this but POS is being removed and a 50% premine essentially added while splitting the currency? Not too good of an idea.

This is an official split being orchestrated by Jean-Luc and the Foundation / committees / marketing members.  This goes against everything that NXT was founded upon.  Damelon, EvilDave, Farl4web, and all the other people who are / were involved in the NXT Foundation / committees / marketing team are responsible for destroying NXT and its ideology.  They are doing so for their own greedy financial motives.  They have centralized everything in NXT under the auspice of "getting mainstream adoption for NXT", but in reality they have destroyed the original, decentralized, grassroots movement behind NXT.  These individuals claim that they are going to get "banks and big business" to use NXT.  But, the truth is that no bank or big business is ever going to use NXT.  That was never the intent behind the creation of NXT.  NXT was designed to be a currency for the people not "banks and big businesses".  These individual then elicit funds from the community like leeches to fund their private vacations to conferences and bogus jobs that they have created for themselves.  They contract out work to each other in a nepotistic manner at greatly inflated cost to keep the game going.  They paint the currency holders who don't give them money as "greedy", but in reality, they are the greedy ones.  They claim the currency holders are the ones that are responsible for NXT's demise, when in reality they are the root cause of it.

GetVisaCoin

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 05:41:45 AM

The 50% dev share funding and 2.0 roadmap will definitely lift the marketcap for NXT, so anything over a doubling from this point (i.e. ~12-13M) should be considered pure gain for NXT hodlers.

I can see the NXT marketcap back over 20M in a few months, so this news is 100% positive!

If nothing was done NXT would have died, and this is NOT a 'standard'  ICO, so it's a good decision imo

BCNext's vision lives on now because devs have funds to continue working.

There wasn't an alternative, crypto community is too small to survive on donation economy.
Jcga
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1089

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 11:04:23 PM

Great to see NXT 2.0 coming, allmy best Smiley

🚀IRRESISTIBLE "Crypto Collectibles" 👉 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=217.0
CryptoMrM

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 11:19:16 PM

No significant funding, a name which is used/trademarked for several other high profile projects and a ridiculous Q3 2017 launch time.

Not to mention other alternatives.

I'll give it a miss.
nagatraju

Activity: 672

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 03:06:08 AM

Good promising future for NXT investors. Keep watching Nxt 2.0 project for updated news.
Attack.of.the.Clones

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 04:10:56 AM

This is an official split being orchestrated by Jean-Luc and the Foundation / committees / marketing members.  This goes against everything that NXT was founded upon.  Damelon, EvilDave, Farl4web, and all the other people who are / were involved in the NXT Foundation / committees / marketing team are responsible for destroying NXT and its ideology.  They are doing so for their own greedy financial motives.  They have centralized everything in NXT under the auspice of "getting mainstream adoption for NXT", but in reality they have destroyed the original, decentralized, grassroots movement behind NXT.  These individuals claim that they are going to get "banks and big business" to use NXT.  But, the truth is that no bank or big business is ever going to use NXT.  That was never the intent behind the creation of NXT.  NXT was designed to be a currency for the people not "banks and big businesses".  These individual then elicit funds from the community like leeches to fund their private vacations to conferences and bogus jobs that they have created for themselves.  They contract out work to each other in a nepotistic manner at greatly inflated cost to keep the game going.  They paint the currency holders who don't give them money as "greedy", but in reality, they are the greedy ones.  They claim the currency holders are the ones that are responsible for NXT's demise, when in reality they are the root cause of it.

Why don't you try and resurrect NXT 1.0 yourself then? Isn't the point of decentralization to allow people to interact with each other freely? If you can convince enough like minded people to join you, and if you're prepared to back your vision for NXT with time and resources, then I don't think anyone will try and stop you.

You're disappointed NXT didn't make you buckets of cash like you thought back in Nov 2013, just deal with it! Nobody in the NXT community can force anybody else to do anything they don't want to, that's always been the case, and always will be. The people you criticise above haven't done anything to you, and they can't force you to do anything now, so I don't see what you're complaining about. NXT is beautiful still!

You sound like one of those people who love free speech, but only when people say what you like. You're just pissed because you don't have the skillset to do anything on your own, and you've marginalised yourself as a perma-critic of everyone, except AMP afaik.

In a free community people are free, and you're free to keep using NXT 1.0 as long as you're prepared to support it, so I think BCNext probably feels OK about things.

NXT 1.0 lives on
NXT 2.0 lives on

Simple Smiley

You need to criticise others less, and do more yourself, even if all you do is communicate constructively. A guy like Damelon can't write a line of code, but he's made himself useful doing other things, and has earned lots of community respect, even from people who disagree with him, like me sometimes. Do the same, nobody is stopping you. Try and win the argument. All you're doing above is venting your frustrated greed and abusing  productive people who haven't harmed you one IOTA! There aren't any NXT cops beating you up, just yourself.
Damelon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 11:43:13 PM

Thank you for your positive remarks, and even for the less positive ones.

They are to be expected, and one cannot please everyone.

As to funding and the name: both are being worked on.

We already know for quite some time that the name Nxt is less than ideal. The community on Nxt Forums has been discussing this for months now, so nice to see that it's been noticed.

Funding: of course we are on this, via multiple channels. We have just partnered with an incubator in Amsterdam and are chasing (we are way past exploring) many other avenues.

Funding doesn't need to come from crypto only. I personally have gone on record many times that crypto tends to be very provincial sometimes and seems to like to live in a bubble of like-minded people.

That's just not constructive and useful, and also harmful.

At this moment, the date to watch out for is the release of 1.9 to mainnet.

Once this version goes live, it will be the start of the three months snapshot period. More detailed information on this process will follow, but it boils down to an averaging of your Nxt holdings for distribution of the FXT token at the end of this period.

tobeaj2mer01
Legendary

Activity: 1098

Angel investor.

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 05:11:38 AM

@Damelon,is there a crowdsale of Nxt 2.0?

Sirx: SQyHJdSRPk5WyvQ5rJpwDUHrLVSvK2ffFa
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 05:49:24 AM

Damelon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 02:33:19 PM

Not like the ones most people are used to.

If you hold Nxt, you will get the FXT (staking token) asset.

So each Nxt is a ticket to get FXT. You will have to accumulate Nxt to get FXT (while still keeping the Nxt, of course. There is no burning or anything like that)

BTCdoaA

Activity: 910

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 02:45:20 PM

watching this project also need some more detailed information that will definitely increase the price of NXT 

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Mr.Ease

Activity: 1596
Merit: 534

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 02:46:13 PM

So each Nxt is a ticket to get FXT. You will have to accumulate Nxt to get FXT (while still keeping the Nxt, of course. There is no burning or anything like that)

So pretty much your saying that if I buy nxt now, I will get these FXT for free?   So like a 2 for 1 type deal?

~ Too Many Scams, Schemes, and Shitcoins... ~
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 02:53:25 PM

So pretty much your saying that if I buy nxt now, I will get these FXT for free?   So like a 2 for 1 type deal?
See CLAMs as an example - people with BTC and DOGE could claim CLAMs too...
farl4web
Legendary

Activity: 1205

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 03:10:54 PM

Correct sir.  Grin
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: