Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:30:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTCTC][[ASICMINER-PT]] - Public trading of ASICMINER shares  (Read 74376 times)
penta

Activity: 105
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 04:32:30 AM

Couple of quick updates.  I added the following to the Asset Termination section:

Should the issuer of ASICMINER choose to list ASICMINER on the BTC-TC exchange this asset will be terminated and the ASICMINER-PT shares will be automatically redeemed on the exchange for ASICMINER shares.

I also had some good questions come in via the private messages in the voting system:

- The starting price will be around 0.65 BTC.  I still need to do some more math, but this is roughly what it will need to be to satisfy my purchase contract (premium + strike), asset creation fee, and transaction fee costs.

- Yes, ANY ASICMINER shareholder will be able to import their shares into BTCT via three-step process:
  1) Publicly notify Friedcat of the transfer to me, wait for Friedcat to acknowledge.
  2) Pay the 0.5 BTC fee per the ASICMINER-PT contract.
  3) I will transfer you shares of ASICMINER-PT on BTCT 1 to 1 for your ASICMINER shares.

Cheers.

requested to have my 48shares moved into btct.co, PMed friedcat already, wasn't sure whats meant with publicly notify him, but posting it here to make sure.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
burnside (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 05:25:27 AM

requested to have my 48shares moved into btct.co, PMed friedcat already, wasn't sure whats meant with publicly notify him, but posting it here to make sure.

Sorry about that, I went ahead and edited that post, here's the updated version.

1) Publicly notify Friedcat of the transfer to me, wait for Friedcat to acknowledge.  (edit: you can PM him, cc "burnside")
  2) Pay the 0.5 BTC fee per the ASICMINER-PT contract.  (edit: free now)
  3) I will transfer you shares of ASICMINER-PT on BTCT 1 to 1 for your ASICMINER shares.

The best instructions though are in the OP, right at the top of page 1.

Cheers.
Thein2No

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 06:30:34 PM

I've put together a google spreadsheet to help track the price of trades in ASICMINER-PT on BTCTC

It charts the share price for the last 1000, last 250 and all trades. Although a bit basic, it can update/refresh with market data from the BTCTC API. To do this save a copy to your google drive, and select >Data Retrieval > Pull data....

As mentioned, a little basic, please pm me any comments or improvements   Smiley

burnside (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 05:26:57 AM

I have posted 3 motions.

One removes some superfluous pre-IPO terms.
One updates (mostly removes or reduces) share transfer fees.
One removes the management fee as long as I am majority owner of BTC Trading Corp.

The latter two are worded such that they are an improvement on the current terms in all situations for everyone involved.

https://btct.co/security/ASICMINER-PT (motions tab)

Cheers.
penta

Activity: 105
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 06:33:59 AM

abit confusing  do you mean the same by maintanance fee and management fee?
or are you talking about 2 different fees
burnside (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 06:42:50 AM

abit confusing  do you mean the same by maintanance fee and management fee?
or are you talking about 2 different fees

Doh, both should have read "management".  I'll fix that in the contract if the motion passes.
Franktank

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 12:07:49 PM

I have posted 3 motions.

One removes some superfluous pre-IPO terms.
One updates (mostly removes or reduces) share transfer fees.
One removes the management fee as long as I am majority owner of BTC Trading Corp.

The latter two are worded such that they are an improvement on the current terms in all situations for everyone involved.

https://btct.co/security/ASICMINER-PT (motions tab)

Cheers.

Excellent motions, keep up the good work!!!
aahzmundus

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 01:57:53 PM

Voted yes to all, keep it up!

aceat64

Activity: 307
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 05:03:14 PM

I voted yes to all three motions as well. Great work as always burnside.
Entropy-uc

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 06:28:25 PM

I suggest you enable trading of fractional shares rather than allowing the creation of a passthrough for the passthrough.
burnside (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 11:18:49 PM

I suggest you enable trading of fractional shares rather than allowing the creation of a passthrough for the passthrough.

Having a passthrough for the passthrough was discussed and discarded as a poor option.  No point in having the additional third-party exposure.  Thus both of the 1/100 issues out there today are stand-alone and will have direct ASICMINER shares underlying.  There's zero tie-in with ASICMINER-PT.

Trading of fractional shares has been discussed in the BTC-TC threads a bit.  The problem (beyond the mammoth coding project that it would be) is that to pull it off the exchange itself would have to actually hold full shares enough to cover any fractional shares outstanding.  Essentially, the exchange would have to charge a premium to cover the exposure to someone buying 1/100th of a share in decline because the potential losses for the exchange are significant if played out across multiple assets.
furuknap

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

http://coin.furuknap.net/

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 11:23:42 PM

Having a passthrough for the passthrough was discussed and discarded as a poor option.  No point in having the additional third-party exposure.  Thus both of the 1/100 issues out there today are stand-alone and will have direct ASICMINER shares underlying.  There's zero tie-in with ASICMINER-PT.

Trading of fractional shares has been discussed in the BTC-TC threads a bit.  The problem (beyond the mammoth coding project that it would be) is that to pull it off the exchange itself would have to actually hold full shares enough to cover any fractional shares outstanding.  Essentially, the exchange would have to charge a premium to cover the exposure to someone buying 1/100th of a share in decline because the potential losses for the exchange are significant if played out across multiple assets.

I understand the coding aspect of this, but couldn't this be solved by having the asset issuer deposit a certain number of shares to the exchange? No reason why the exchange should be involved beyond issuing these DRIP shares. 1% of all issued shares could be held in escrow, the dividends of remaining fractions could go back to the dividend total of the issuer for distribution.

The cost of such could come out of the management fees for the fund, because hoggamn those fees are steep.

.b

burnside (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 11:28:53 PM

I understand the coding aspect of this, but couldn't this be solved by having the asset issuer deposit a certain number of shares to the exchange? No reason why the exchange should be involved beyond issuing these DRIP shares. 1% of all issued shares could be held in escrow, the dividends of remaining fractions could go back to the dividend total of the issuer for distribution.

The cost of such could come out of the management fees for the fund, because hoggamn those fees are steep.

.b

That's an approach I hadn't thought of.  Allowing the issuers to issue shares in various fractions 1/10, 1/100, etc.  I need to think about that a bit.  Something in the back of my mind is screaming at me "easier said than done".
furuknap

Activity: 294

http://coin.furuknap.net/

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 11:39:31 PM

.b

That's an approach I hadn't thought of.  Allowing the issuers to issue shares in various fractions 1/10, 1/100, etc.  I need to think about that a bit.  Something in the back of my mind is screaming at me "easier said than done".

I would fully support such an approach, both because it would allow any asset to offer fractional share DRIPs and because it would add revenue to the exchange, of which I also hold shares.

.b

BTW: Cracking RSA in linear time is as easy as solving xN+yM=(key-xy)^k. Implementing it takes around 10 universes, but hey, it's very easy to say :-) (Also, I'm not sure I remember the formula correctly)

burnside (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 12:56:44 AM

Quick PSA

Divs are delayed a bit today.  Friedcat announced in the ASICMINER thread that he needed to catch up on some sleep.  Poor guy is definitely overworked.  Wink

Cheers.

AMuppInTime
Donator

Activity: 290

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 05:36:29 AM
Last edit: May 02, 2013, 05:55:43 AM by pierrejo

Quick PSA

Divs are delayed a bit today.  Friedcat announced in the ASICMINER thread that he needed to catch up on some sleep.  Poor guy is definitely overworked.  Wink

Cheers.

Poor guy is making a lot of money - the thread seemed to indicate that some were receiving divs - was that a misinterpretation? It was just one guy claiming 0.007 per share...

Thanks for the PSA

*edit*
btc-tc div just posted - Thanks!
burnside (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 06:00:50 AM

Quick PSA

Divs are delayed a bit today.  Friedcat announced in the ASICMINER thread that he needed to catch up on some sleep.  Poor guy is definitely overworked.  Wink

Cheers.

Poor guy is making a lot of money - the thread seemed to indicate that some were receiving divs - was that a misinterpretation? It was just one guy claiming 0.007 per share...

Thanks for the PSA

Yup, divs paid.  Wink  0.00735415 BTC per share.

Cheers.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 06:02:04 AM

Cool, nice turnaround! Smiley
Maciek

Activity: 254
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 03:47:59 PM

@burnside

Could you please check what is taking so long with my ASICMINER shares to be transfered from friedcat to you? I would like to see them on BTC-TC. I'm waiting about 6days now. Sad
burnside (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 04:29:28 PM

@burnside

Could you please check what is taking so long with my ASICMINER shares to be transfered from friedcat to you? I would like to see them on BTC-TC. I'm waiting about 6days now. Sad

Yeah, I'll PM Friedcat today.  There are 2-3 pending requests that I haven't heard back on.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: