Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:12:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCC announces Titanium physical bitcoins  (Read 7662 times)
vizique
Legendary

Activity: 2404
Merit: 1636

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 02:15:43 PM

Got mine too! Ouch!

In the UK they come later, but they come. The first shipments where the worse in terms of what was declared.
However care was since taken to make it right as VAT for BTC loaded onto the physical shouldn't be paid.

Aye, looks like this may warrant further investigation and communication.

Ah crap. As we expected Angry How much was your bill coin@coin? I'm UK based so be good to know.
My first coin stung me Sad
£96 .. ouch

The second coin did NOT give me the same issue as has been mentioned above Smiley
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coin@coin
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 04:01:28 PM

Got mine too! Ouch!

In the UK they come later, but they come. The first shipments where the worse in terms of what was declared.
However care was since taken to make it right as VAT for BTC loaded onto the physical shouldn't be paid.

Ah crap. As we expected Angry How much was your bill coin@coin? I'm UK based so be good to know.

Yep same as vizique, but in my case I had quite a few coins... So it stung quite a bit more even though no BTC value was declared.
Subsequent orders where much better. So should be pretty safe now.
Michail1
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2016, 04:05:23 PM

Fortunately, I only had to pay $75 VAT on an order larger than most.  Of course, being in the USA, I had to route through Canada first which means I ended up paying double shipping and used FedEx ($185 - It was a large box).

Zepher
Copper Member

Activity: 686
Merit: 603

Electricity is really just organized lightning

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 04:20:08 PM

Got mine too! Ouch!

Yep same as vizique, but in my case I had quite a few coins... So it stung quite a bit more even though no BTC value was declared.

Thanks for that. I remember in 2014 when I purchased 1 of each coin from Titan Mint, so the Titan Tenth 0.1BTC, Titan One 1BTC, Titan One Silver 1BTC and Titan One Gold 1BTC.. Got a bill from FedEx a week after delivery asking me to pay ~£240. I contested it by email, stating they had charged me VAT and Duty on a "Legal Tender" 1oz Gold Coin, which is exempt from such charges Grin I received a revised bill for ~£25 several days later Cheesy So glad that they didn't bother asking for proof that this was indeed a Legal Tender coin!

My only payment address: 1ZephertJThxkHih7XcaUHBkMSnvkTt5u
coin@coin
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 04:22:46 PM

Got mine too! Ouch!

Thanks for that. I remember in 2014 when I purchased 1 of each coin from Titan Mint, so the Titan Tenth 0.1BTC, Titan One 1BTC, Titan One Silver 1BTC and Titan One Gold 1BTC.. Got a bill from FedEx a week after delivery asking me to pay ~£240. I contested it by email, stating they had charged me VAT and Duty on a "Legal Tender" 1oz Gold Coin, which is exempt from such charges Grin I received a revised bill for ~£25 several days later Cheesy So glad that they didn't bother asking for proof that this was indeed a Legal Tender coin!

I tell you what... I just received a Titan Gold, yes there are still few available, dealt with Tim directly, and I had to pay £300 custom duty... Waiting for an invoice so I can contest it too.
Zepher
Copper Member

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 04:32:25 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2016, 04:53:49 PM by Zepher

Got mine too! Ouch!

I tell you what... I just received a Titan Gold, yes there are still few available, dealt with Tim directly, and I had to pay £300 custom duty... Waiting for an invoice so I can contest it too.

Please PM me with the price he's charging for a Gold Titan Smiley
Just do what I did, say you've been charged duty on a 1oz legal tender gold coin, which is exempt, and you should have it removed. I say should because if they ask for proof that this is indeed legal tender, you're probably screwed. Hope you get lucky like I did Smiley
My Gold is currently with monkeynuts, to be sent back for another round of grading at ANACS.

Edit: have you already paid this, couldn't tell from your response Huh If so you may have to ask HMRC for it back which would be more lengthy timewise, and they're likely to be smarter than FedEx and catch you out with it not being legal tender = VAT and Duty being owed.

coin@coin
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 10:39:39 PM

Got mine too! Ouch!

Please PM me with the price he's charging for a Gold Titan Smiley
Just do what I did, say you've been charged duty on a 1oz legal tender gold coin, which is exempt, and you should have it removed. I say should because if they ask for proof that this is indeed legal tender, you're probably screwed. Hope you get lucky like I did Smiley
My Gold is currently with monkeynuts, to be sent back for another round of grading at ANACS.

Edit: have you already paid this, couldn't tell from your response Huh If so you may have to ask HMRC for it back which would be more lengthy timewise, and they're likely to be smarter than FedEx and catch you out with it not being legal tender = VAT and Duty being owed.

Yes they asked for the money before they would deliver. And PMd Smiley
Zepher
Copper Member

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 11:05:26 PM

Quote from: coin@coin

Ah shit! I've asked about another one, if agreed I'm going to ask him to mark it 'Legal Tender' on the package Grin

coin@coin
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 11:39:46 PM

Ah shit! I've asked about another one, if agreed I'm going to ask him to mark it 'Legal Tender' on the package Grin

Good idea I wish I knew better. But good learning... At a price LOL
Michail1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2016, 06:19:43 AM

Good luck, but I really doubt he would do that.  Just can't be putting his business in a strange position if he gets a call from US Customs.

I know there are Gold coins left.  If not, I have a few left. Smiley

Zepher
Copper Member

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 08:53:35 AM

Good luck, but I really doubt he would do that.  Just can't be putting his business in a strange position if he gets a call from US Customs.

Well, there's no harm in trying Wink I've been informed that there's a few left Smiley I understand where you're coming from, especially coming from the US, that there's a good chance he won't.. I'm just trying to work out if they provide good value for money with £300 customs on top.. Huh It doesn't look like it. With minimal fee's, they are a great price though.
Where you located Michail1?

coin@coin
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 09:04:58 AM

Well, there's no harm in trying Wink I've been informed that there's a few left Smiley I understand where you're coming from, especially coming from the US, that there's a good chance he won't.. I'm just trying to work out if they provide good value for money with £300 customs on top.. Huh It doesn't look like it. With minimal fee's, they are a great price though.

Thing is it will be insured for the value of gold. Nevertheless give it a go see what Tim says.
Zepher
Copper Member

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 09:26:59 AM

Thing is it will be insured for the value of gold. Nevertheless give it a go see what Tim says.

You've got a good point man. And if FedEx want payment before delivery, it'll leave me in the same boat.
Anyway, this thread has had enough derailing, let's get this back on topic! Smiley

BTCC_Official (OP)

Activity: 485
Merit: 294

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 03:16:20 PM

For all of you interested in some official mintage statistics of our BTCC Mint coins:

As the block halving is now over, we have finished making all pre-halving 2016 "2-star" coins.
That's it!  It's done.  No more can be made!

One Bitcoin, 2016 V Series (2-star):
- 100 Artists Proofs, of which 97 are Gold-plated alloy, and 3 are Titanium (blocks 394051, 394111, 405240, and 405251)
- 1,350 Regular Titanium coins
- 25 Titanium coins, in "Twins" (double-funded by sequential blocks 413851 and 413852)
Total made: 1,475

thanks,
Bobby
coin@coin
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 04:24:06 PM

Would be great to have the minting stats added to your "Lookup" page.
Some people will follow your posts here others may go directly to your site.

Having a place with all the mint stats for all your editions would be good.

Just a suggestion.
Michail1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2016, 05:13:05 PM

Would be great to have the minting stats added to your "Lookup" page.
Some people will follow your posts here others may go directly to your site.

Having a place with all the mint stats for all your editions would be good.

Just a suggestion.

I agree.

Also keep in mind the tracker that anduck has at:
https://anduck.net/bitcoin/btcc_coins.html

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: