Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:53:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCC announces Titanium physical bitcoins  (Read 7662 times)
bithalo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 11:46:13 AM

I agree with TheNewAnon

BTCC...if you guys admit to making a mistake, I recommend you refund the extra fees, not simply provide credit for a future order that may not take place.

Co-author to the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  More details can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767515.0
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TommyBitcoin

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Interested in the Power of Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2016, 01:54:25 PM

What is this??
I have asked about this before and no answer.....

This is horrible.
I just placed an extremely LARGE order and I don't think anyone will pay a 4BTC tax... this is insane.

Your estimated VAT's would be 4.99 BTC ($2,679.64).  Shocked Roll Eyes

Even more insane in the membrane  Shocked

Yes, it is unreasonable!  minerjones, what a way to get your response from BTCC  Huh

!!! WARNING: This user is a newbie. If you are expecting a message from a more veteran member, then this is an imposter !!!

Hi!

Although the group buy doesn't officially close as stated by minerjones until June 6th, I was wondering if you would be so kind to post your payment sooner, perhaps by June 2 or so? Of course, this is merely a friendly question, but apparently Bobby Lee (BTCC) has stated that they are selling through the first batch of coins relatively fast and the window could be closing on getting in sooner than we think.

Thank you for reading this! (And sorry if I am overstepping my bounds as a certified newbie!)   Grin

Sincerely,

tothemoonsands

Right, until June 6th!  But I paid in May, because, I was being so kind.  I am that kind of guy- too trusting.

To the certified newbie (Bobby Lee):  You overstepped your bounds by railroading us to pay early and then by improperly declaring the goods.  Undecided

*********BUY OR SELL YOUR BITCOIN TO A TRUSTED TRADER********
***I want to buy and sell you bitcoins***(eight )-(eight)-4 85-TOMMY
teeGUMES
Legendary

Activity: 1253
Merit: 1203

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 03:37:58 PM

For custom. I have the sad answer. They were marqued with a value of 600€.
The coin arrive tomorow and fedex called me to warn me I'll have to pay 185€ of VAT.

That's a pity. I should have paid VAT only on the token. As Bitcoin is VAT exempt in europe.

That's really a bad mistake to not having put details.

VAT exempt bitcoin
+ x€ box and token. Subject to VAT.

@bobby. Can you change this and do something for me ?
My order is 1050.

Don't know if you can call fedex or refund me a little something? Wink

Hi all,

Yes, for the very first few shipments, we made the mistake of declaring the full value (coin token + BTC) for the customs value, which resulted in your large VAT bill.

We quickly remedied that based on the advice on this forum, but unfortunately, a few packages already went out.

We know who those orders went to. So an apology, we will give you credit on your next order at BTCC Mint, for the extra VAT amount that you incurred.  Please send email with your order details to: mint@btcc.com

Going forward, the value declaration on all international orders will NOT include the BTC value.

thanks,
Bobby

Is it possible to just refund the amount that was over-paid? Now you are forcing people to buy another coin instead of correcting the mistake that was made.

^this, with the set shipping price and the large rise in price of bitcoin during the preorder there should be funds available to refund rather than store credit.
StarenseN
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1362

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 06:37:47 PM

The coin arrive tomorow and fedex called me to warn me I'll have to pay 185€ of VAT.

That's a pity. I should have paid VAT only on the token. As Bitcoin is VAT exempt in europe.

VAT exempt bitcoin

My order is 1050.

Hi all,

Yes, for the very first few shipments, we made the mistake of declaring the full value (coin token + BTC) for the customs value, which resulted in your large VAT bill.

We quickly remedied that based on the advice on this forum, but unfortunately, a few packages already went out.

We know who those orders went to. So an apology, we will give you credit on your next order at BTCC Mint, for the extra VAT amount that you incurred.  Please send email with your order details to: mint@btcc.com

Going forward, the value declaration on all international orders will NOT include the BTC value.

thanks,
Bobby

Is it possible to just refund the amount that was over-paid? Now you are forcing people to buy another coin instead of correcting the mistake that was made.

You almost get 1 btc for 1 btc, what's wrong there ? I do enjoy the offer of BTCC, it's a pain for everyone and even a bigger one for them.
bitenvy

Activity: 296

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 07:49:25 PM

VAT exempt bitcoin

My order is 1050.

Hi all,

We know who those orders went to. So an apology, we will give you credit on your next order at BTCC Mint, for the extra VAT amount that you incurred.  Please send email with your order details to: mint@btcc.com

thanks,
Bobby

You almost get 1 btc for 1 btc, what's wrong there ? I do enjoy the offer of BTCC, it's a pain for everyone and even a bigger one for them.
Huh?  First not selling to U.S. is a mistake as I would say half of the buyers that want these coins are there.  Second, charging the customer a VAT of 0.25BTC per coin is insane.  Third, not answering questions or having knowledgeable support and in a timely manner is not helpful.  Fourth, waiting until the coins are sold out before telling us. Four pretty big mistakes, or what I would call failures.  These are their own mistakes mind you.   Roll Eyes
Michail1
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2016, 08:15:50 PM

Huh?  First not selling to U.S. is a mistake as I would say half of the buyers that want these coins are there.  Second, charging the customer a VAT of 0.25BTC per coin is insane.  Third, not answering questions or having knowledgeable support and in a timely manner is not helpful.  Fourth, waiting until the coins are sold out before telling us. Four pretty big mistakes, or what I would call failures.  These are their own mistakes mind you.   Roll Eyes

Just to keep track of the thread, I had to say something (instead of clicking WATCH).

Not selling to the USA probably isn't simply a personal decision, but more likely a legal issue.

BTCC isn't charging a VAT.  It's the country receiving the package that is charging it. (Import fee).

I feel he (Bobby) has been good in answering.  Actually, beyond what I would have expected.  Especially as most companies simply employ someone to go through PR routines and canned responses.

On the fourth point.  Didn't he say only some orders went out showing full value, and the rest caught before shipping and offered at least one solution?

Anyway, on another note:
I know of a large order placed on 5/31, shipped on 6/1, and received in Canada on 6/2.
VAT for this order was under $100 USD

bitenvy

Activity: 296

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 11:41:27 PM

Huh?  First not selling to U.S. is a mistake as I would say half of the buyers that want these coins are there.  Second, charging the customer a VAT of 0.25BTC per coin is insane.  Third, not answering questions or having knowledgeable support and in a timely manner is not helpful.  Fourth, waiting until the coins are sold out before telling us. Four pretty big mistakes, or what I would call failures.  These are their own mistakes mind you.   Roll Eyes

Just to keep track of the thread, I had to say something (instead of clicking WATCH).

Not selling to the USA probably isn't simply a personal decision, but more likely a legal issue.

BTCC isn't charging a VAT.  It's the country receiving the package that is charging it. (Import fee).

I feel he (Bobby) has been good in answering.  Actually, beyond what I would have expected.  Especially as most companies simply employ someone to go through PR routines and canned responses.

On the fourth point.  Didn't he say only some orders went out showing full value, and the rest caught before shipping and offered at least one solution?

Anyway, on another note:
I know of a large order placed on 5/31, shipped on 6/1, and received in Canada on 6/2.
VAT for this order was under $100 USD
Of course I know the reason why they aren't selling to the U.S.  But, that doesn't change the fact.  

"Charging a VAT" as I put it... I meant putting it on the customer to pay more in taxes since they are putting the value of the coin + the BTC on the coin as well, which is $500+.  I disagree about the questions being answered in a timely fashion.  Have you read this entire thread?   Undecided  There were SEVERAL attempts of asking this very question and he did not answer it.  At that point he said almost all sold out.  So, of course the group buy was pressured into ordering early without even knowing the answer to our questions!  It's ok...All of the questions will be answered when they are sold out.   Roll Eyes  So, at what order # did that change, BTCC?  I bet over 100+ orders and more than 1/2 of their available coins went out before they caught it.  Please prove me wrong BTCC.  And, probably only <150 orders will be placed.  If they are already almost sold out, I am certain they had less than 200-300 available.  Just an interesting observation, btw.
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 05:37:51 AM

I received an email from the support team:

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your email.

We have heard similar concerns from other customers. We will try to reduce the customs value for all orders moving forward by only declaring the markup value of the coins.

For orders that we have already shipped, we ask customers who feel that import costs are too high to return/refuse to sign their packages and reorder their coins. More details about our return policy are here: https://mint.btcc.com/returns

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any other questions.

Best,

--Tendai

In their email they aren't even mentioning a refund on the high VATs but they are advising to return/refuse to accept the coin and reorder it afterwards (while they are sold out). If you return the coin you won't get refunded for the shipping coins so you will lose your 0.13 BTC (shipping costs in my case).
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 10:34:47 AM
Last edit: June 03, 2016, 10:53:04 AM by TheNewAnon135246

I just received my package (order #1060) and my invoice says 600 USD Sad. Fedex sends their bills afterwards but it's likely that I'll have to pay a high amount of taxes. I really hope BTCC will solve this issue in a professional manner because I doubt I'll buy more products from them if they leave me hanging like this.

I emailed FedEx to explain the situation. They replied that the customs didn't charge any fees on my package so I guess I got really lucky Shocked.
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 11:01:34 AM

I just received my package (order #1060) and my invoice says 600 USD Sad. Fedex sends their bills afterwards but it's likely that I'll have to pay a high amount of taxes. I really hope BTCC will solve this issue in a professional manner because I doubt I'll buy more products from them if they leave me hanging like this.

I emailed FedEx to explain the situation. They replied that the customs didn't charge any fees on my package so I guess I got really lucky Shocked.

Oh WOW..... that is really good news. Hopefully others will be just as lucky.....

I hope so too but the odds of this happening are pretty slim.

I got a letter with the coin saying I am 1 of the first 100 people who bought a coin (and I got a free sticker Cheesy). The coin itself came in a leather case and also includes a booklet with some information about the coin. The coin itself looks pretty nice I must say!
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 11:21:01 AM

Oh WOW..... that is really good news. Hopefully others will be just as lucky.....

I hope so too but the odds of this happening are pretty slim.

I got a letter with the coin saying I am 1 of the first 100 people who bought a coin (and I got a free sticker Cheesy). The coin itself came in a leather case and also includes a booklet with some information about the coin. The coin itself looks pretty nice I must say!

pictures pictures please.........

And do you think it is worth grading??
Will be ok to grade as it is the size of a 25BTC Casascius? (I think Huh? )

thanks

The coin itself looks flawless so I guess it's definitely worth grading. I thought I saw someone mention earlier that ANACS doesn't grade Titanium coins though. Pics as you requested Grin:

owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 11:50:40 AM

The coin itself looks flawless so I guess it's definitely worth grading. I thought I saw someone mention earlier that ANACS doesn't grade Titanium coins though. Pics as you requested Grin:

It's not the titanium, it's the size. ANACS only grades up to 41mm coins, and this one is 43mm... Not sure about the other grading companies though. Very nice, thanks for the pics! Smiley

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2016, 12:07:06 PM

It's not the titanium, it's the size. ANACS only grades up to 41mm coins, and this one is 43mm... Not sure about the other grading companies though. Very nice, thanks for the pics! Smiley

Casascius 25BTC coins are 44mm and they slab those. Honestly, other companies do grade crypto coins, but their grades are irrelevant at this point.

Edit: I am not sure they are 44mm...I will have to measure. I am reading conflicting sizes online. They might be 40mm..

Edit 2: lol...seems I was right they are 44ish mm according to Casascius -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=47060.0
owlcatz
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 01:27:43 PM

Casascius 25BTC coins are 44mm and they slab those. Honestly, other companies do grade crypto coins, but their grades are irrelevant at this point.

Edit: I am not sure they are 44mm...I will have to measure. I am reading conflicting sizes online. They might be 40mm..

Edit 2: lol...seems I was right they are 44ish mm according to Casascius -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=47060.0

This one seems to be about 43mm......

https://i.imgur.com/57lq86E.jpg

Interesting. Does anyone have any pics of these in an ANACS slab?

So did they change their form or something, as it still says 41 is the max?

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
bithalo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 01:56:51 PM

I recently sent in a non-stickered Cas 25B to ANACS about 6 months ago.  They accepted it.

Co-author to the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  More details can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767515.0
Gwapo

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 02:06:10 PM

Has anybody got an extra set of this coin?
I am willing to buy it from them.

Btw can Titanium get stains when left exposed?
Michail1
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2016, 02:27:51 PM

Has anybody got an extra set of this coin?
I am willing to buy it from them.

Btw can Titanium get stains when left exposed?

http://www.elementsales.com/ecoins_desc.htm
"A tough, hard metal that actually was fairly easy to work with. Will not corrode or tarnish."

and

"Titanium is three times stronger than stainless steel and never tarnishes or rusts. "

Not to say you can't dip it in chemicals, food, and grape juice to leave oxides and residues.

There is going to be some out for sale, but at a profit.

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2016, 03:53:02 PM

This one seems to be about 43mm......

https://i.imgur.com/57lq86E.jpg

Interesting. Does anyone have any pics of these in an ANACS slab?

So did they change their form or something, as it still says 41 is the max?

Here is one of mine slabbed -> https://i.imgur.com/VqwCMFt.jpg I will be grading a bunch of these BTCC coins as soon as they arrive to me.

owlcatz
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 03:57:51 PM

Here is one of mine slabbed -> https://i.imgur.com/VqwCMFt.jpg I will be grading a bunch of these BTCC coins as soon as they arrive to me.

Well alright then, thanks a lot, good to know! Wink

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
Poloherb

Activity: 449
Merit: 251

CryptoPhysical.com

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2016, 10:49:31 PM

I was working a couple of hours. Video and photos on http://www.cryptophysical.com

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: