Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:49:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Option to lock your coins for a certain time in your wallet or exchange?  (Read 587 times)
ifightformerkel (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 08:52:24 PM

I read a lot in this forum, that people sold to early and lose big profits.

My question is, is there a option, that you can look your coins for a certain time like 1 year in your wallet or a exchange?

A lot of people would be maybe lucky to lock some coins for 1 year (like bitcoin  Grin).
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1107

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 09:48:19 PM

My question is, is there a option, that you can look your coins for a certain time like 1 year in your wallet or a exchange?

A lot of people would be maybe lucky to lock some coins for 1 year (like bitcoin  Grin).

This exists in new versions of Bitcoin that have cltv (check lock time verify), where the outputs are unspendable until some point in the future. Also exists in Monero and believe other cryptonotes.
ifightformerkel (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 09:50:19 PM

This exists in new versions of Bitcoin that have cltv (check lock time verify), where the outputs are unspendable until some point in the future. Also exists in Monero and believe other cryptonotes.

This already exist,  Shocked wow, thanks, i dont knew this.

I hope some exchanges like poloniex will add this future also.
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 11:20:17 PM

Now, I'm not sure if this would fit your bill (PUN!) but check out Hodlcoin. Doest exactly what you want but gives you interest for doing so and is NOT a PoS coin. (which is pretty neat)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1317918.0

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 03:11:09 AM

There are several coins with locking for interest, including HODL, XDN, and STEEM. XDN may have been the first, or at least the first I know about so far. A number of other coins besides BTC have implemented CLTV.

It is proposed that when ETH switches to PoS that will require locking to be a validator and earn whatever it is that validators are going to earn.

The rules, interest (or staking) payments, etc. are different between them, but in general terms the concept is similar.

Any others?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: