Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:54:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lightning miner ! 4ghs 80 usd Wow  (Read 20922 times)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2013, 07:56:41 AM

1 week old domain/site, a no go.
Give 'm a call?
Administrative Contact:
    Contact Privacy Inc. Customer 0133634105,   multiversecomputers.com@contactprivacy.com
    96 Mowat Ave
    Toronto, ON M6K 3M1
    CA
    +1.4165385457

They are located in Toronto in Canada and domain name registered 8 days ago?  Fake information in very high probability.

For the second time on this thread, the Canadian address is for the privacy company, and  not for them.

But that's not what I came here for. I just received a PM from a Newbie of whose name I will withhold. I believe he will not object to me posting the full content of said PM.

Hi,

Can not post in this Custom Hardware section so could you please make copy my point there regarding Lightning Miner ?
Somewhere on WWW I good point that almost ALL comments on their site included words "you all".
I did checked it and it was true. Today I check the site and see most of the posts were EDITED!!!

See history page from google cache:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:D0iUmHj-dEIJ:www.multiversecomputers.com/Comments.html
Now compare with current page:
http://www.multiversecomputers.com/Comments.html

ps. I saw you're active last on this post so I pass it to you, hope it is OK

Now if this evidence doesn't show that this outfit is a scam, and that the user account on this forum doesn't warrant a scammer tag, then I don't know what to say.

Clearly, the comments supposedly quoted on their website has been altered, hence not true comments. NO FUCKIN IFS ANDS OR BUTTS ABOUT IT!!!

The outfit is clearly a scam and every effort should be made, INCLUDING GIVING THE USER WHO ONLY HAS A SINGLE POST ON THIS FORUM THE SCAMMER TAG to help warn those new to Bitcoin. If not, then we are doing a disservice.

Also, all current ASIC Bitcoin developers should weigh in to protect their positions. I may sometimes be critical of Avalon or BFL, but that doesn't mean I wish them to fail as a vital Bitcoin entity. This outfit could easily give them a black eye, as well as give Bitcoin a bad rap if the unsuspected order from them.

theymos?

~Bruno K~

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Zedster

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 08:37:40 AM

Man ya gotta give em an A for effort.   I contacted them last night and received this not long after.

Hello,
      We totally understand being skeptic.  We are getting all the information out there to the BC community to help them better understand the hows and whys.  I do know that the lightning miner after the first few weeks was showing that it wasn't going to be very profitable.  If we were a large company, with a big cheap labor force...it would of been a decent profit.  We will still support the product for life, but the mammoth miner is going to be our big hit item.  We will be able to make a good profit on each one sold.  I don't want you to think its all about the money, we want to keep our customers happy...but the Mammoth Miner will be way way cheaper than anything else that can produce its specs.  Our products don't look all sleek and etc, they do however work exactly how we advertise them.  We have no problem refunding purchases on our products, so if for any reason our customer wants their money back before shipping of the product...we always refund right away.  If we weren't legitimate we would be taking the money and running.  We have long term goals with BC mining.  We are going to be sending out a lot of our products to reputable members of the BC community for testing, and reviewing.  We have already begun getting their shipping information and etc.  We will make every attempt to bring you all some very good mining products, we just hope once everyone see's that we are legitimate that they go back to the forums and etc and admit they were wrong.  We just want the chance to prove ourselves.  Not one single person has ever been ripped off by us.  We have been in business for over 2 years btw, what they are referring to is the creation of the new website.  A new website doesn't mean that's how  new the business is.  Some people like and work for the competitors out there.  For overseas orders - Our international orders have to be done through Mt.gox via the bitcoin tab by our products.  Upon completion of the Mt.Gox checkout you will be directed to our Shipping Form.  You will need to enter all prudent information there.  Anyone who orders our products through Mt.Gox does not get charged shipping at this...even international orders.  However, we do not offer premium shipping to other countries...we only offer tracking with those orders.  If there is anything else I can help you with, please just let me know.

Jacob "Rick" Barry
Multiverse Computers

There is a name now.  I really don't know how to take this entire thing yet.  Somethings seems very right and some things seem very wrong.

This has been mentioned before. Who calls bitcoin BC?   

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2013, 08:39:05 AM

"Got my Lightning Miner 4.0"
Well the packaging was a bit rough getting thru, but i finally got my new best friend out of it.  I put the front label back on as the led's are way to bright.  My miner is working just fine and would reccomend it to any noob miners Smiley  Jacob K

"Got my Lightning Miner 4.0"
Well the packaging was a bit rough getting thru, but i finally got my new best friend out of it.  I put the front label back on as the led's are way to bright.  My miner is working just fine and would reccomend it to any noob miners Smiley  Jacob K

"Mining made easy"
I waited patiently for 2 weeks for my miner, and was like a kid in a candy store when i got it. Download cd, and plug it in, and made my first youtube vid showing what you get in the box.
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD7OjvdQpl8          Mark L

"Mining made easy"
I waited patiently for 2 weeks for my miner, and was like a kid in a candy store when i got it. Download cd, and plug it in, and made my first youtube vid showing what you get in the box.              Mark L
Video link Removed by Support per customer request.

"Wish more were like you"
I was upset when I went to the old website and seen it was gone, thankfully the link on the page took me here.  You all have been good to me, given me the best deals, and one of the few to offer BC payment. I will definitely keep coming back.       Jason A

"Wish more were like you"
I was upset when I went to the old website and seen it was gone, thankfully the link on the page took me here.  You have been good to me, given me the best deals, and one of the few to offer BC payment. I will definitely keep coming back.       Jason A

"Wow"
"Multiverse, Multiverse lol..."
I came to the website for a GPU for my new build, and was floored by the low price...on top of that I could pay with BC.  I was skeptical about the price on the GPU even after getting Tracking info.  My gpu is here and I will always give you all my business from now on.                           Khalid M

"Wow"
"Multiverse, Multiverse lol..."
I came to the website for a GPU for my new build, and was floored by the low price...on top of that I could pay with BC.  I was skeptical about the price on the GPU even after getting Tracking info.  My gpu is here and I will always give you all my business from now on.                           Khalid M

"Absolutely Perfect"
You all may not have a big business name, but everything went perfect from beginning to end. Got my quad stack 4.0, shipping time was as expected, everything works perfectly...enough said.          Cory  L

"Absolutely Perfect"
You may not have a big business name, but everything went perfect from beginning to end. Got my quad stack 4.0, shipping time was as expected, everything works perfectly...enough said.          Cory  L

"Multiverse, Multiverse, lol..."
I say your website's name at least twice a day now when people ask me where I got my mining rig.  You all have made 4 custom builds for me now, and I have no doubt you will be making plenty more for me.                                                          Alex A

"Multiverse, Multiverse, lol..."
I say your website's name at least twice a day now when people ask me where I got my mining rig.  You have made 4 custom builds for me now, and I have no doubt you will be making plenty more for me.                                                          Alex A
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2013, 08:50:00 AM

Who calls bitcoin BC?

A redneck who changes customers quotes on his website and deletes his own video when it shown that his image is shadowed on the wall in his redneck home. That's who.
Zedster

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 08:58:13 AM

Who calls bitcoin BC?

A redneck who changes customers quotes on his website and deletes his own video when it shown that his image is shadowed on the wall in his redneck home. That's who.

I agree ya here Phinn (don't think they call em redneck in Canada though).  I guess I am having problems with the lengths gone to (so far) establish themselves a real company. 

Hello Everyone,
                      While I am definitely not new to mining and BC, I am new to this forum.  I work for a business that sells misc computers and computer parts.  We also fabricate shells for PC Towers, and some mining devices.  We build custom mining rigs, and have already sold some of our ASIC products with comments from customers already coming back in.  We just switched from an old Go-Daddy website to a all new one, so we haven't quite got all of our products up on the site yet.  We are small business of 15 employees total.  Currently our top selling miner is the Lightning Miner 4.0 which customers just started getting about 3-5 days ago in the mail.  We are building about 90 of them per week now.  I have also thought about adding a special coupon code here for all forum members so during checkout at our site, they could get a discount if interested in any of our products.   We have done this in other forums with some of our CPU, and motherboard sales.  If we are not allowed to post our website, then someone please remove it, but not my greeting.  Feel free to message me with any questions, or if you would like discount.  If you have any "Polite" recomendations for the business i work for, then please feel free to let me know.  We already got the merchant acct with Mt.Gox and are now accepting BC payments, along with our credit card payment system.  I hope to make some buddies on here, and maybe even business affiliates  Grin

multiversecomputers.com

This guy still has only one post on the forum.  Seems he should be bustin' his ass to get outta newb land and defend themselves here.

I am spending to much time on this.  Someone will repost soon.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2013, 09:19:28 AM

I will suck Goat's dick if this is not Atlas. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKJUy2K3AOI

darkorbitsemperor 12 hours ago
Np, and yes that fan is niceeeee....i love things that glow blue as far as my computer goes. The more blue lights, the happier I am lmao

You all remember this?

Zedster

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 09:35:02 AM

You all remember this?

Err before my time maybe?  But was this Atlas person bad?
freeworm

Activity: 297
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 09:40:13 AM

Scammers know people here are so eager to pay a lot to get ASICs as faster than others as possible.
It's a perfect opportunity for them to grab a huge amount of un-traceable money from people out of mind.
That's why they suddenly come out telling too-good-to-be-true stories
Zedster

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 10:23:00 AM

Scammers know people here are so eager to pay a lot to get ASICs as faster than others as possible.
It's a perfect opportunity for them to grab a huge amount of un-traceable money from people out of mind.
That's why they suddenly come out telling too-good-to-be-true stories

Really?
kernelpanic

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 01:29:55 PM

Man ya gotta give em an A for effort.   I contacted them last night and received this not long after.

This has been mentioned before. Who calls bitcoin BC?  

The only BC references I've ever seen are the emails posted in this thread from Lightning Miner and the customers in the comments section of their website.

What a freakish coincidence!  If I didn't know any better I'd think those customer comments were written by Lightning Miner himself!  Nah, couldn't be... Shocked
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 01:39:46 PM

I think we need a bet.
My money is on this being a scam 50-1 odds.
primeasic 2-1
helveticoin 1-1

nbtcminer

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 04:44:22 PM

Btw the address:

96 Mowat Ave, Toronto ON

is a pretty run down part of town and is known for its shadier dealings (there have been numerous drug busts in that area).
Zedster

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 04:47:49 PM

maybe they run SR too
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2013, 05:46:48 PM

Btw the address:

96 Mowat Ave, Toronto ON

is a pretty run down part of town and is known for its shadier dealings (there have been numerous drug busts in that area).

For the nth time, that is not their address. It is the address of contactprivacy.com.

Administrative Contact:
    Contact Privacy Inc. Customer 0133634105,   multiversecomputers.com@contactprivacy.com
    96 Mowat Ave
    Toronto, ON M6K 3M1
    CA
    +1.4165385457

http://who.godaddy.com/whois.aspx?domain=contactprivacy.com&prog_id=GoDaddy

Registrant:
Contact Privacy Inc.
96 Mowat Ave
Toronto, ON M6K 3M1
CA

Domain name: CONTACTPRIVACY.COM

Administrative Contact:
Administrator, DNS corpnames@tucows.com
96 Mowat Ave
Toronto, ON M6K 3M1
CA
+1.4165350123
Technical Contact:
Administrator, DNS corpnames@tucows.com
96 Mowat Ave
Toronto, ON M6K 3M1
CA
+1.4165350123
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2013, 05:55:53 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2013, 06:09:38 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

Name:   MultiVerseSupport
Position:   Newbie
Date Registered:   March 01, 2013, 08:50:05 PM
Last Active:   Today at 10:36:32 AM

Total Time Spent Online:   1 hours and 53 minutes.
Total Posts:   1 posts
Total Topics Started:   0 topics
Number of Polls Created:   0 polls
Number of Votes Cast:   1 votes

Hey, Jacob! You can formally request a whitelist so that you can get out of Newbie. I have friends in high places just dying to honor said request. BTW, if I point out another shadow on the other YT video, do you think he too will take down the video? Sure the hell looks like Mark L to me.

It's a shame you put in so much time and money to build multiversecomputers.com and multiversecomputers.net, only to receive such a welcome from the buddies you were hoping to acquire.

All comments are reviewed by our customer service division prior to posting.  Please double check your spelling.  While we do except most comments, even with links in them...we do have some things we prohibit.  The following is a list of prohibited content in the Comments section.
---- Offensive or Extreme profanity
---- Technical questions (should be handled through our contact us page)
---- Advertising of Products or Companies not associated with us
---- Racial or Sexual Comments
---- Political or Business Demeaning Comments
---- Comments containing personal information (phone number, address, and etc)
---- Links to any products not found within Multiversecomputers.com

----And all comments with the phrase YOU ALL will be edited out, except one.
Zedster

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 06:11:25 PM

he doesn't seem real concerned with the forums any more.  I think he may have given up
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 06:21:02 PM

he doesn't seem real concerned with the forums any more.  I think he may have given up

Doesn't mean we've lost interest.

Dude shouldn't have put up his phone # on Hotfrog.

Points to Dunfermline, Cowdenbeath, Scotland

Disregard that. Wrong multiversecomputer
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 06:37:02 PM

Support Phone # is registered to one Eric D Wilcox, Billerica, former CNC machine tools salesman up until two years ago then worked as a handyman, business was closed in September 2012, in his own word "In March 2013, I shall retire." Retiring on a nice security bed of cash, are we?
filharvey

Activity: 866
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 06:55:26 PM

A small bit of info from the invoice from my order.

The payment system used was intuit.com.

The address on the invoice was in INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46235

Phil

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
cosmicone

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 07:48:51 PM

A small bit of info from the invoice from my order.

The payment system used was intuit.com.

The address on the invoice was in INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46235

Phil

Makes sense.. the site's IP address is hosted by Intuit.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: