Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:05:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lightning miner ! 4ghs 80 usd Wow  (Read 20922 times)
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 01:23:44 PM

All US orders are backed up!

--------------ATTENTION----------------
We are too backed up on US shipping, to accept any more US purchases.  We should be accepting US purchases in 24 to 48hrs.  International Orders are not affected at this time.  Terminals for US Orders are closed during this time

I did wonder why they did accept CC? You have at least 30days to dispute purchases. Does a merchant still get paid if it is disputed?

They did also say that they could only handle producing 90 or so a week. So maybe unlike other firms they are only taking orders for what they can produce. Which would be a first.

Phil

That sure is a nice thought but then how come international orders can still be placed?  I mean either they have them to ship or they don't.  I am not seeing a realistic reason to cut off US orders and still allow international ones (ESPECIALLY FROM A US COMPANY)?  The only difference I see is the ability to pay by CC, and I can guess why they would not want any CC orders...
milly6
Legendary

Activity: 1632
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2013, 03:12:35 PM

This looks like a potential scam should it be added to the pending scammer list?

Why don't we all just wait till seasoned members of this forum get their test BC units first before we go any further. Yall* agree?

Also, maybe somebody should tell them that they can start their own thread in Newbie, open for discussion.

Eyes open, No Fear. Be Safe! Trinity: Currency Without Bias
kernelpanic

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 03:23:21 PM

We are too backed up on US shipping, to accept any more US purchases.  We should be accepting US purchases in 24 to 48hrs.  International Orders are not affected at this time.  Terminals for US Orders are closed during this time

I did wonder why they did accept CC? You have at least 30days to dispute purchases. Does a merchant still get paid if it is disputed?

The merchant is usually credited immediately.  Since this is a short term scam (it will fall apart when promises of shipments to community members don't materialize and the promised info/evidence/summit prove to be bogus/nonexistent), my guess is they plan to cut and run with the money, leaving the card handling company with no way to recover the funds to pay the chargeback.

The message above (where did it come from?) appears to be another transparent effort to lend legitimacy to the scam.  If they are backed up and not taking orders, that sure sounds like a legit company doing major business, right?  Wrong.  How would not taking US orders for 24 to 48 hours help a legitmate business get their shipping back log resolved?  And are none of these supposed shipments going to community members?

My recommendation is to let this thread die, only to be resurrected in the highly unlikely event that a Lightning Miner is found in the wild.  I don't think I can top some of the other self inflicted wagers in this thread, but I too will eat my shorts if one ever is.
kernelpanic

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 03:26:41 PM

We are too backed up on US shipping, to accept any more US purchases.  We should be accepting US purchases in 24 to 48hrs.  International Orders are not affected at this time.  Terminals for US Orders are closed during this time

They did also say that they could only handle producing 90 or so a week. So maybe unlike other firms they are only taking orders for what they can produce. Which would be a first.

Phil

So Phil, you should have your tracking number within 24 to 48 hours once they clear of their shipping backlog.  If it doesn't come, I think we can put a nail in this coffin.

I'm holding out a glimmer of hope for you, but I'm sorry to say I don't see it happenining.
filharvey

Activity: 866
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 03:41:32 PM

Phil

So Phil, you should have your tracking number within 24 to 48 hours once they clear of their shipping backlog.  If it doesn't come, I think we can put a nail in this coffin.

I'm holding out a glimmer of hope for you, but I'm sorry to say I don't see it happenining.

Yes, if I don't get a tracking number withing the next couple (say friday at the latest) I will assume it is more likely a loss cause.

Phil

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
camolist

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2013, 06:26:26 PM

I sent an email inquiring about being a tester, here's the response I just received...

Hello,
      Keep an eye out on our BTC Mining Library as we will be releasing news about a Open House coming up next week. It was discussed with a BTC media outlet to be the best course of action, and we humbly accepted the proposal.  We will be having 7 Bitcoin New Group Affiliates along with our owners at the open house to answer all questions, and to give a sneak peak to the BTC community of our facility.  We will be having computers on site connected to our LM 4.0 series for testing on any pool, as well as a quick demonstration of our future product the Mammoth Miner.  Certain Specs of the Mammoth Miner will be available.  We will also have the creator of the LM 4.0 and both owners of the business on site to answer any all questions.  We will be releasing Location information for our Akron OH production facility in our Mining Library on our website towards the end of the week.  Thank you for your interest and we look forward to hearing more from you.

Arnold Ringer
Support Manager
Multiverse Computers

not entirely sure what is going on in this thread just came across Akron being mentioned.

but if anythings public i could take a trip to akron it's only 45 minute-hour tops away and i even drive through enough to stop once

Zedster

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 07:15:55 PM

not entirely sure what is going on in this thread just came across Akron being mentioned.

but if anythings public i could take a trip to akron it's only 45 minute-hour tops away and i even drive through enough to stop once

As stated I am originally from there. SHHHH!!  And my dad would go check it out.  If they do release the info.
uhoh

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Circle gets the Square

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 08:51:17 AM

Holy christ,

I'm sorry, but anyone who buys one of these 100% deserves to lose their money.

It's such an obvious scam its ridiculous.
Zedster

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 11:11:07 AM

Holy christ,

Or are they?
mobodick

Activity: 840

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 11:27:15 AM

Holy christ,

Or are they?

By far.
Beepbop

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 11:49:52 AM

There's something to be said for hedging, as in ordering form everyone offering an ASIC just in case it's not a scam, but it'll get pretty expensive the more supposed vendors pop up.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2013, 01:05:32 PM

The network hashrate has only increased by about 9 Thps since Feb 1.

That doesn't leave room for many "satisfied customers". In fact, after ASICMiner, that leaves about 74 Avalons added to the network.

Network hashrate data just doesn't support any new and unaccounted for sources of hashes.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
juggalodarkclow
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 01:45:59 PM

I sent an email inquiring about being a tester, here's the response I just received...

Hello,
      Keep an eye out on our BTC Mining Library as we will be releasing news about a Open House coming up next week. It was discussed with a BTC media outlet to be the best course of action, and we humbly accepted the proposal.  We will be having 7 Bitcoin New Group Affiliates along with our owners at the open house to answer all questions, and to give a sneak peak to the BTC community of our facility.  We will be having computers on site connected to our LM 4.0 series for testing on any pool, as well as a quick demonstration of our future product the Mammoth Miner.  Certain Specs of the Mammoth Miner will be available.  We will also have the creator of the LM 4.0 and both owners of the business on site to answer any all questions.  We will be releasing Location information for our Akron OH production facility in our Mining Library on our website towards the end of the week.  Thank you for your interest and we look forward to hearing more from you.

Arnold Ringer
Support Manager
Multiverse Computers

I went to Akron once, that was enough

Zedster

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 03:43:37 PM

Hello,

Arnold Ringer
Support Manager
Multiverse Computers

I went to Akron once, that was enough

I was born there...got out when I was 12 though.
Zedster

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 03:53:54 PM

Oh and btw due to and error by Mt. Gox these guys are sending me a LM 4.0 for free.  So I guess time will tell now.
kernelpanic

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 04:16:34 PM

Oh and btw due to and error by Mt. Gox these guys are sending me a LM 4.0 for free.  So I guess time will tell now.

-------------------------------
Community Chest

BANK ERROR
IN YOUR FAVOR
COLLECT LIGHTNING MINER
--------------------------------

You've got a better chance of owning Park Place than receiving an LM 4.0!!!
Zedster

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 04:18:01 PM

Oh and btw due to and error by Mt. Gox these guys are sending me a LM 4.0 for free.  So I guess time will tell now.

-------------------------------
Community Chest

BANK ERROR
IN YOUR FAVOR
COLLECT LIGHTNING MINER
--------------------------------

You've got a better chance of owning Park Place than receiving an LM 4.0!!!

LOL cha ching....no skin off my back either way now is it?
JerimiahJohnson

Activity: 125

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 06:30:47 PM

I took an $80 gamble - I will keep you guys updated....

Coming soon the Cointamination 16 65nm Chip BFL CLone Board.
Board Hashing: http://bit.ly/1cXs5Rt
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 06:34:50 PM

I took an $80 gamble - I will keep you guys updated....

We bitcoiners are perfect targets for scams. Ready to throw an $80 dollars gamble to the equivalent of a "less than 1" gamble in satoshidice (0.0015% of chances to succeed).

You just have to promise immediately available GHashes, register a website, claim to be a non-existent company with non-existent history, fake 8 or 9 comments from "old" customers that never existed before, and immediately after you will have a consistent number of bitcoiners ready to take that gamble.

But the house always win.

kernelpanic

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 06:49:10 PM

I wager one barrel of Apfelschorle that one or more persons that registered on Bitcoin Forum around the time these scamsics (could that catch on? seems awkward) appeared will "receive" a scamsic and oddly will be unable to produce any proof other than vague statements about the large amount of BC they are bit mining.

Meanwhile long standing forum members (those that paid and those that were selected as beta testers) will receive nothing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: