Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 06:30:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lightning miner ! 4ghs 80 usd Wow  (Read 20922 times)
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 07:50:58 PM

I took an $80 gamble - I will keep you guys updated....

Date Registered:    Today at 02:51:53 AM

Yeah, I wouldnt be surprised at all if you will "win" your "gamble". Kinda curious what rubbish proof you will post though.
JerimiahJohnson

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 08:15:00 PM

hehehe you dont have to believe me, I'm half expecting not to even receive the damn thing.

to be honest the thing that worries me is the pictures on the website look like radio shack project boxes with stickers on them.

I ordered it with my credit card and I will instantly charge it back if it does not arrive or is fake once it does... I figure with the protection from my CC company I mine as well try - im way too late in the game to order from BFL.

lol Maybe I will just say it didnt arrive and order more for myself. I decided since I was making the plunge and ordering an actual miner I mine as well make an account and join this seemingly incredibly sarcastic and hostile community. Ive been lurking without an account for about a year - I dont really have time to be a full time member so it was never a big deal for me.

Just forget I said anything at all. jeeesh

Coming soon the Cointamination 16 65nm Chip BFL CLone Board.
Board Hashing: http://bit.ly/1cXs5Rt
Zedster

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 08:24:45 PM

Mine is free can't see the harm either way.  I will eat crow most happily when it never shows.  I wonder if people will be so fair if it does show.
kernelpanic

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 09:09:43 PM

Mine is free can't see the harm either way.  I will eat crow most happily when it never shows.  I wonder if people will be so fair if it does show.

I hope it does show.  I will celebrate by drinking a case of Apfelschorle.
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2013, 10:41:22 PM

Please post in this Meta Thread so we can get some moderator attention about these potential and likely scams:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=149441.0

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
shmadz
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

@theshmadz

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 02:20:05 AM

9 pages! really?

in post #7 I told you that this is simply a switch with some stickers to cover up the fact that it is a switch. I thought that would be the end of it, maybe some jokes and lulz to be had, but I could not believe that anyone would fall for this one. I should have known better.

Let me spell it out for you, (those of you that ordered)

There is never any picture of the back of the device, because you'd be able to see the network ports.

see? ->
_______________________________________________________________________________ ________________________

Also, there is never any picture of the front without the sticker because then you'd see the activity and port speed leds.

see? ->

compare this ->

and this ->

at least I have some admiration of the primeasic guys. They at least made an impressive effort to be believable; but if you fall for some teenage kid, throwing some stickers on a bloody five dollar switch and backing it up with some pics and vids that are very careful never to show the back of the device (or the front without the sticker covering) then go ahead and send your money in. I have absolutely no sympathy for you.

I mean, come on people, this isn't even a box of fans, it's a freakin' switch with stickers!

"You have no moral right to rule us, nor do you possess any methods of enforcement that we have reason to fear." - John Perry Barlow, 1996
mobodick

Activity: 840

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 03:33:54 AM

Yeah, it's like 50-50. They either have them or they don't, right?
Zedster

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 07:12:23 AM

9 pages! really?

in post #7 I told you that this is simply a switch with some stickers to cover up the fact that it is a switch. I thought that would be the end of it, maybe some jokes and lulz to be had, but I could not believe that anyone would fall for this one. I should have known better.

Let me spell it out for you, (those of you that ordered)

There is never any picture of the back of the device, because you'd be able to see the network ports.

see? ->
_______________________________________________________________________________ ________________________

Also, there is never any picture of the front without the sticker because then you'd see the activity and port speed leds.

see? ->

compare this ->

and this ->

at least I have some admiration of the primeasic guys. They at least made an impressive effort to be believable; but if you fall for some teenage kid, throwing some stickers on a bloody five dollar switch and backing it up with some pics and vids that are very careful never to show the back of the device (or the front without the sticker covering) then go ahead and send your money in. I have absolutely no sympathy for you.

I mean, come on people, this isn't even a box of fans, it's a freakin' switch with stickers!

You forgot to picture a Jalapeno here. They too resemble these.

I will give them until Tuesday when their facility is open for inspection.  Then I will pass judgement.
tadzio

Activity: 344

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 08:01:00 AM

I would be such a jaw-dropper for the community if this turned out to be legit...  Shocked
I know, I know it is like 1:1000 probability (well at least this is what I give it) for that but still would be funny to see the reaction.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2013, 08:19:45 AM

I would be such a jaw-dropper for the community if this turned out to be legit...  Shocked
I know, I know it is like 1:1000 probability (well at least this is what I give it) for that but still would be funny to see the reaction.

Probability of legitimacy: 1:+Inf

There are no unaccounted sources of new hashes added to the network. Unless they are lying about their "satisfied customers".

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Zedster

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 08:25:21 AM

I would be such a jaw-dropper for the community if this turned out to be legit...  Shocked

It would be funny if it's legit.  I will look forward to hearing what the h8ters say.  Can everything be a scam just because this forum was not aware of it?  I have talked to CS a lot. He states a very good case and has very good answers for everything at least.  I gotta give em that.

I too called this crap at the start now I am unsure and it's gonna be free for me.  So no blood no foul for me.
kernelpanic

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 03:22:31 PM

I will look forward to hearing what the h8ters say.  Can everything be a scam just because this forum was not aware of it?  I have talked to CS a lot. He states a very good case and has very good answers for everything at least.  I gotta give em that.

I don't think people believe it's a scam because they weren't aware of it.

It's a scam because it didn't exist prior to a few days ago even though they claim to be around for years, the scamster has provided no proof of anything, has refused to provide simple information (eg what's your old website that I've heard so much about), falsified reviews on his website, offers free units to anyone that criticizes him to try to buy their support, posted and removed fake unboxings on YT and then says proof will come from user YT videos, isn't mining any of the systems on a public pool, and on and on...

I understand we can try to justify each separate issue as a quirk or misstep, but as a whole why would a legitimate company operate this way?  In totality it makes no sense at all.  A legitimate company could simply provide some very basic information about the company and product to prove they are real.  Why wouldn't they?

Since the mountain of evidence against isn't persuasive, let's turn this around.  Can anyone provide any evidence that indicates this is real?
mobodick

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 03:41:00 PM

It would be funny if it's legit.  I will look forward to hearing what the h8ters say.  Can everything be a scam just because this forum was not aware of it?  I have talked to CS a lot. He states a very good case and has very good answers for everything at least.  I gotta give em that.

I too called this crap at the start now I am unsure and it's gonna be free for me.  So no blood no foul for me.

I don't think you get the point.
This forum is EAGER to see new ASIC companies pop up out of nowhere.
BUT the way this is presented there is no way in the world that this is not a scam.
The way i see it it is a giant 3D sculpture of the word SCAM with a sticker on it that sais 'ASIC'..
The bloody sticker on the front is a huge giveaway, for one.
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2013, 06:20:09 PM

It is no where near 50%.    Given the technical knowledge needed, capital costs and timing with other releases, the chances are quite low.

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
mobodick

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 06:39:20 PM

It is no where near 50%.    Given the technical knowledge needed, capital costs and timing with other releases, the chances are quite low.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 01:03:56 PM

This thread is so full of lol. You'd think it's on BitcoinTalk or something.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2013, 05:51:01 PM

And to think I traded in your toes for a shadow goat. What was I thinkin'?
Zedster

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 07:12:07 PM

Don't you have an exchange to worry about?
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 10:51:44 PM

Don't you have an exchange to worry about?

What's to worry?

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 11:09:47 PM

And to think I traded in your toes for a shadow goat. What was I thinkin'?

What's a shadow goat and where can I get one?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: