Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:12:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lightning miner ! 4ghs 80 usd Wow  (Read 20922 times)
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2013, 07:06:47 AM

We posted several times warning that his was a 100% proved scam.

Who is we? How/when was this 100% proven scam.

From almost day 1, when:

- a fake company that never existed before registered a brand new website saying it replaced and old one of which there was no trace on internet
- offered a product that never existed before for which they said they had happy customers, which are obviously fake

If you doubt this is a scam there are 2 options:

a) you did not read the full thread and you did not take the time to verify the facts
b) it benefits you to spread the doubt so others who do not read the full post and do not verify the facts are scammed

And you proved all this? stfu

I proved they could not have possibly had any previous happy customers, for a start.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Zedster

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 08:30:36 AM

From almost day 1, when:

- a fake company that never existed before registered a brand new website saying it replaced and old one of which there was no trace on internet
- offered a product that never existed before for which they said they had happy customers, which are obviously fake

a) you did not read the full thread and you did not take the time to verify the facts
b) it benefits you to spread the doubt so others who do not read the full post and do not verify the facts are scammed

I proved they could not have possibly had any previous happy customers, for a start.

Proved what? Something about hash rates?  All circumstantial.  But it doesn't really matter now does it.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2013, 08:46:02 AM

From almost day 1, when:

Proved what? Something about hash rates?  All circumstantial.  But it doesn't really matter now does it.

Not circumstantial. It was impossible that anyone had added significant unknown hashrate.

What sort of proof would you accept?

tadzio

Activity: 344

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 09:45:40 AM

From almost day 1, when:

Not circumstantial. It was impossible that anyone had added significant unknown hashrate.

You just do not understand/know definition of PROOF that is why you cannot agree...
What you are giving us is PREMISE and they all do make sense.

I can give you one PREMISE that was against scum theory:
http://www.wezlanator.com/used-laptop/laptop-fan-used-for-lightning-miner-4-0

By the time it was published video was also available...
Now:
1. Blog that is online for a long time and very active.
2. Domain registered 2006!
3. Why would he/she participate in such a scum in such a way - much easier to trace?

Now I'm not saying it PROOFS anything...
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2013, 11:02:40 AM

You just do not understand/know definition of PROOF that is why you cannot agree...
What you are giving us is PREMISE and they all do make sense.

No, it was a proof.

Premise: The company is not lying/scamming

Proof:
1. The website states that they have had a significant number of satisfied customers.
2. If these customers had been mining with high hashrate devices, the network hashrate would have increased significantly.
3. The increase in network hashrate from Februrary up to the point I first posted in the thread is completed accounted for by known sources.
4. Assuming the premise is true, either:
     i. Their customers all purchased prior to February 1, and none after. This is clearly impossible - if this product was real, customers would be lined up forever from the moment it was available. Further, a gap in production is ruled out by the website itself: "One of the other benefits of ordering from us is you won't have to wait a 2-4 months for our ASIC products."
    ii. They didn't have significant numbers of customers, or the customers did not buy significant hashrate products.  The former, if true, would have proved the company lying about their previous satisfied customers, and  would there fore be scamming. The latter is impossible - the distribution of expenditure on ASICs will always show a significant number of purchasers buy the expensive, high hashrate items.
5. Since 4 i. and 4 ii. are proven false, the premise is proven false. Thefore the company is a proven scammer.

You may disagree with my proof, and you are welcome to falsify it. But I have provided a proof, not a premise.

Also, note that I did not feel the need to use all-caps anywhere in this post. It makes for easier reading.

tadzio

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 11:56:31 AM

No, it was a proof.

Proof:
1. The website states that they have had a significant number of satisfied customers.
Where does it states that they have significant number of mining products costumers? They say that for years:
sell misc computers and computer parts.  We also fabricate shells for PC Towers - thus the number of satisfied customers. This product is 4Gh device not so easy to spot/make influence on network (see Avalon case)
2. If these customers had been mining with high hashrate devices, the network hashrate would have increased significantly.
Again - see my comment on point one.
3. The increase in network hash-rate from Februrary up to the point I first posted in the thread is completed accounted for by known sources
Where the Feb1 comes from? From here can see they start shipping end of Feb.
.. bottom line is: you do not convince me with your "100% scam proof". "98% scam score" is fine with me and this is what I was giving them in the beginning.

i. Their customers all purchased prior to February 1, and none after. This is clearly impossible - if this product was real, customers would be lined up forever from the moment it was available. Further, a gap in production is ruled out by the website itself: "One of the other benefits of ordering from us is you won't have to wait a 2-4 months for our ASIC products."
    ii. They didn't have significant numbers of customers, or the customers did not buy significant hashrate products.  The former, if true, would have proved the company lying about their previous satisfied customers, and  would there fore be scamming. The latter is impossible - the distribution of expenditure on ASICs will always show a significant number of purchasers buy the expensive, high hashrate items.
5. Since 4 i. and 4 ii. are proven false, the premise is proven false. Thefore the company is a proven scammer.

You may disagree with my proof, and you are welcome to falsify it. But I have provided a proof, not a premise.

Also, note that I did not feel the need to use all-caps anywhere in this post. It makes for easier reading.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2013, 11:58:26 AM

No, it was a proof.

Proof:
Where does it states that they have significant number of mining products costumers? They say that for years:
sell misc computers and computer parts.  We also fabricate shells for PC Towers - thus the number of satisfied customers. This product is 4Gh device not so easy to spot/make influence on network (see Avalon case)
3. The increase in network hash-rate from Februrary up to the point I first posted in the thread is completed accounted for by known sources
.. bottom line is: you do not convince me with your "100% scam proof". "98% scam score" is fine with me and this is what I was giving them in the beginning.

You are disagreeing with my proof. Therfore you think it is a proof.

You were wrong, go on, admit it.

tadzio

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 12:49:18 PM

No, it was a proof.

Proof:

Giving up so quickly? I'm disappointed but at the same time positively surprised Smiley
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2013, 12:55:52 PM

No, it was a proof.

Proof:

Giving up so quickly? I'm disappointed but at the same time positively surprised Smiley

Non-sequitur. There is no "giving up" in the statement "You were wrong, go on, admit it".

You stated I had not provided a proof. I explain the proof in detail. You agree it is a proof, not a premise. I win. There is nothing more to discuss. All your base are belong to us, etc.

tadzio

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 01:25:22 PM

I win. There is nothing more to discuss. All your base are belong to us, etc.

The above is "giving up" (in a teenage way).

I listed several reasons why what you call "proof" does not proof anything - you never addressed any of these instead claiming the above.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2013, 01:43:49 PM

I win. There is nothing more to discuss. All your base are belong to us, etc.

The above is "giving up" (in a teenage way).

I listed several reasons why what you call "proof" does not proof anything - you never addressed any of these instead claiming the above.

*Sigh*. Because your entire original claim was that my proof wasn't a proof but a premise. I proved you wrong.

You falsifying my proof is another matter entirely, which I will not address until the original dispute is resolved.

Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2013, 04:18:44 PM

Well, I have to agree it's not "proof," it's actually "evidence."  The evidence is strong, to the point of being definitive, but from a technical/legal perspective, you can't really call it proof.

Although, I think from a scientific definition, you might be able to classify it as a proof... (Yes, proof means different things to a lawyer than it does to a scientist).  This seems more of a legal issue than a scientific one, so you'd kind of have to use the legal definition in this instance, and this doesn't qualify. 

Claiming it's not a scam, though, would be patently absurd.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2013, 05:34:10 PM

Am I missing something or is tadzio defending the Lightning Miner outfit?
Zedster

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 06:46:45 PM

Am I missing something or is tadzio defending the Lightning Miner outfit?

I think he is more defending the fact that he himself was actually scammed out of money here.
Ascension

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 08:50:41 PM

Looks like their phone number is no longer working... disconnected or do you think they ran with all the money they scammed from people?
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 10:06:42 PM

Looks like their phone number is no longer working... disconnected or do you think they ran with all the money they scammed from people?

Ummm, read the thread bro, this is about as cut and dry as they come man.
Magnate

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 11:05:17 PM

They were meant to be having a tour with a bitcoin media outlet-anybody followed up with this?

How many bitcoin mags are there in the US?-which ones are based closest to multiverse's location?

Has any publications said anything about multiverse? Has anybody asked?

Are they going to invent their own tour group?
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 11:29:29 PM

They were meant to be having a tour with a bitcoin media outlet-anybody followed up with this?

How many bitcoin mags are there in the US?-which ones are based closest to multiverse's location?

Has any publications said anything about multiverse? Has anybody asked?

Are they going to invent their own tour group?

The horse is dead why keep beating it?
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2013, 01:02:21 AM

Perhaps not dead, just currently between two ivory cell towers.
JerimiahJohnson

Activity: 125

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 03:38:21 AM

they are a scam for real.

I spent $80 to find out this hard lesson

my asic blue balls got the better of me :/

their payment processor is intuit

if you want your money back contact them.

if you paid in bitcoin well ... lol sorry but you wont see them again

Coming soon the Cointamination 16 65nm Chip BFL CLone Board.
Board Hashing: http://bit.ly/1cXs5Rt
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: