Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:54:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook Page Touts ‘Health Benefits’ of Islamic Female Genital Mutilation  (Read 1284 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 05:19:32 PM

Perhaps the gatekeepers of Facebook should take a break from ensuring that no dissident conservative news items pollute the feeds of good digital citizens and take a stern look at the new community page promoting the “health benefits” of Islamic female genital mutilation.

Foreign Desk News reports the mission statement for the page is to “clear misconceptions of the Islamic practice of female circumcision and counter misinformation against it.”

Part of that agenda is, of course, an effort to replace the term “female genital mutilation” with “female circumcision.”

Also unsurprisingly, the page’s offerings are served up with a side order of anti-Semitic paranoia. For example, one post spotlighted by Foreign Desk News is titled “Female Circumcision – The Hidden Truth: How Misogynists and Feminists are feeding upon each other to denigrate an Islamic practice that brings untold benefits to women.”

The author claims that these health benefits have been “overlooked to conform to Islamophobic sentiments expressed by a largely Jewish controlled media,” which is naturally far less critical of male circumcision because “male circumcision is a Jewish practice and female circumcision is not.”

There are even infographics touting both the alleged health benefits and religious justification for FGM, which the page assures women is part of their duty to both Allah and their husbands:

The Facebook page even asserts that men contract oral cancer by engaging in certain sexual activities with women who have not been circumcised.

As of press time, the Facebook community page has not been taken down.

Foreign Desk News reports that another post approvingly links to an e-book on “safe female circumcision” by a doctor in Sudan. Women looking for medical opinions from a more reputable source should know that the World Health Organization recognizes no known health benefits from FGM, instead considering it “a violation of the human rights of girls and women.”

“Procedures can cause severe bleeding and problems urinating, and later cysts, infections, as well as complications in childbirth and increased risk of newborn deaths,” warns WHO, which “strongly urges health professionals not to perform such procedures.”

WHO notes that the United Nations General Assembly adopted a resolution on the elimination of female genital mutilation in 2012. Later this year, WHO plans to publish a set of guidelines for managing health complications from female genital mutilation, “to support health care professionals in their care to girls and women that have undergone FGM.”

As it happens, Nigeria just held a summit on eliminating the practice of female genital mutilation, which resolved to “increase community awareness and knowledge on the health hazards associated with FGM.”

One of the major obstacles addressed at the Nigerian summit was the need to provide professional female circumcision experts with alternative means of earning their livelihoods.

“They do it for money, it’s their livelihood. They’ll tell you it’s what keeps my family, it’s what I use in training my children and feeding,” nurse Gift Abu, an anti-FGM activist, explained to the Premium Times of Nigeria. “So money is very important for those who don’t have what to do. Some of them don’t have any other thing they are doing apart from circumcision. It’s like a profession to them. So leaving the practice, it’s like where will they start from?”

Abu estimated that roughly 70 percent of circumcisers in Nigeria had been persuaded to halt the practice. She added that activists were attacking the demand side of the problem as well, contesting the widespread belief among Nigerians that young girls will be less promiscuous if they are subjected to the procedure.

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2016/05/26/facebook-community-page-touts-female-genital-mutilation/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let's see how many feminists and sjw will denounce facebook... My guess? None.

popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 05:40:29 PM

Perhaps the gatekeepers of Facebook should take a break from ensuring that no dissident conservative news items pollute the feeds of good digital citizens and take a stern look at the new community page promoting the “health benefits” of Islamic female genital mutilation.

Foreign Desk News reports the mission statement for the page is to “clear misconceptions of the Islamic practice of female circumcision and counter misinformation against it.”

Part of that agenda is, of course, an effort to replace the term “female genital mutilation” with “female circumcision.”

Also unsurprisingly, the page’s offerings are served up with a side order of anti-Semitic paranoia. For example, one post spotlighted by Foreign Desk News is titled “Female Circumcision – The Hidden Truth: How Misogynists and Feminists are feeding upon each other to denigrate an Islamic practice that brings untold benefits to women.”

The author claims that these health benefits have been “overlooked to conform to Islamophobic sentiments expressed by a largely Jewish controlled media,” which is naturally far less critical of male circumcision because “male circumcision is a Jewish practice and female circumcision is not.”

There are even infographics touting both the alleged health benefits and religious justification for FGM, which the page assures women is part of their duty to both Allah and their husbands:

The Facebook page even asserts that men contract oral cancer by engaging in certain sexual activities with women who have not been circumcised.

As of press time, the Facebook community page has not been taken down.

Foreign Desk News reports that another post approvingly links to an e-book on “safe female circumcision” by a doctor in Sudan. Women looking for medical opinions from a more reputable source should know that the World Health Organization recognizes no known health benefits from FGM, instead considering it “a violation of the human rights of girls and women.”

“Procedures can cause severe bleeding and problems urinating, and later cysts, infections, as well as complications in childbirth and increased risk of newborn deaths,” warns WHO, which “strongly urges health professionals not to perform such procedures.”

WHO notes that the United Nations General Assembly adopted a resolution on the elimination of female genital mutilation in 2012. Later this year, WHO plans to publish a set of guidelines for managing health complications from female genital mutilation, “to support health care professionals in their care to girls and women that have undergone FGM.”

As it happens, Nigeria just held a summit on eliminating the practice of female genital mutilation, which resolved to “increase community awareness and knowledge on the health hazards associated with FGM.”

One of the major obstacles addressed at the Nigerian summit was the need to provide professional female circumcision experts with alternative means of earning their livelihoods.

“They do it for money, it’s their livelihood. They’ll tell you it’s what keeps my family, it’s what I use in training my children and feeding,” nurse Gift Abu, an anti-FGM activist, explained to the Premium Times of Nigeria. “So money is very important for those who don’t have what to do. Some of them don’t have any other thing they are doing apart from circumcision. It’s like a profession to them. So leaving the practice, it’s like where will they start from?”

Abu estimated that roughly 70 percent of circumcisers in Nigeria had been persuaded to halt the practice. She added that activists were attacking the demand side of the problem as well, contesting the widespread belief among Nigerians that young girls will be less promiscuous if they are subjected to the procedure.

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2016/05/26/facebook-community-page-touts-female-genital-mutilation/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let's see how many feminists and sjw will denounce facebook... My guess? None.

Shame these Muslim or Jews don't cut them selves instead of inflicting pain on other people.

As Jesus ever inflicted pain on another person or told anybody to do this? I don't know...
I am going away now to study more about these 3 main religions the more i know the more i am shocked by the rituals these religious freaks do..

I knew a Jew got his penis cut BUT never thought they suck the babies blood out of his penis..
So the baby gets a blow job when he is born Cheesy..SICK RITUAL..need to be banned?
xht

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

hey you, yeah you, fuck you!!!

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 09:34:50 PM

What is required in Islam is not the removal of the clitoris, but the skin surrounding it (the prepuce or hood) and this is agreed by all Islamic scholars?

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 10:04:43 PM

What is required in Islam is not the removal of the clitoris, but the skin surrounding it (the prepuce or hood) and this is agreed by all Islamic scholars?

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=female+genital+cutting

Facebook LIKES

popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 12:53:42 AM
Last edit: May 28, 2016, 01:14:20 AM by popcorn1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4yS08N0xeU

When will we stop the madness?..
I think if i was a child i would rather get a kick in the privates ..cut me bits no thanks..
CHILD ABUSE..After these last 2 days my hate for religion as increased..

popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 01:32:00 AM

Words for you to think about..RELIGION WILL NEVER SOLVE PROBLEMS ONLY YOU AND I CAN DO THAT..famous saying by popcorn1 wrote in 1970 while i was fighting in NAM..

Ok not in Nam in me bed

Oh I forgot to mention..Still think Muslims are the worst of the lot by a long margin..
Evildrum

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 04:00:38 AM

The day we rid the world of religious beliefs will we be better for it or find other ways to natter on?
Religion is so engrained in the day to day its hard to pick up on innuendo for some religious folks.
Sometimes they have a evil grin like they got one past you.

The mutilation is interesting, was thinking about circumcision for men and was trying to see how religiously bound that issue was but nothing significant showed up,other than Muslims and Jews.

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 06:35:43 AM

Not much surprised. Facebook is one of the most active supporters of the Jewish-sponsored Eurabia project, which aims to flood Western and Central Europe with unwashed immigrant hordes from third world nations such as Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan and Iraq. They are exploiting their position as the market leader. This will lead to more people shunning their services.
saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 11:52:53 AM

the only positive i can think of is it stops them enjoying intercourse which makes them less likely to commit adultery

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2016, 12:33:49 PM

Words for you to think about..RELIGION WILL NEVER SOLVE PROBLEMS ONLY YOU AND I CAN DO THAT..famous saying by popcorn1 wrote in 1970 while i was fighting in NAM..

Ok not in Nam in me bed

Oh I forgot to mention..Still think Muslims are the worst of the lot by a long margin..

At least Jews won't threaten to kill you if you criticise their religion or claim you're a racist.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 02:15:09 PM

the only positive i can think of is it stops them enjoying intercourse which makes them less likely to commit adultery

That is the main purpose of female genital mutilation. Islam forbids sexual pleasure for the females. In Islam, the women's role is to produce her husband's offspring, and to care for them in addition to providing sexual pleasure to her spouse. The women are not supposed to study or work, or to have feelings of their own.
saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 07:01:30 PM

That is the main purpose of female genital mutilation. Islam forbids sexual pleasure for the females. In Islam, the women's role is to produce her husband's offspring, and to care for them in addition to providing sexual pleasure to her spouse. The women are not supposed to study or work, or to have feelings of their own.
who'd have imagined there's a positive side to islam

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
2dogs
Legendary

Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 09:31:17 PM

Eff that..and Facebook, too.
When will people grow a pair and think for themselves?
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 09:44:04 PM

When they will stop self genital mutilations?

Vika NSFW

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2016, 10:15:55 PM

There is no Quran text to "female mutilation" - 100% guarantee, and Islam have nothing in it.

popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 10:35:13 PM

There is no Quran text to "female mutilation" - 100% guarantee, and Islam have nothing in it.
Go read your stupid book again..

The fitrah is five things, including circumcision
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 11:36:42 PM

There are like more then 4 billion religious people out of a population of 7 billion.

They believe there is an old man with long white beard sitting above the clouds who made the universe in 6 days...

More questions?  Wink

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Gronthaing
Legendary

Activity: 1135

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 11:46:50 PM

who'd have imagined there's a positive side to islam

Not unique to islam though. Muslims do it, christians do it and some jews too. This is mostly an african problem. With very few other countries doing it.
otrkid70

Activity: 920

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 01:06:35 AM

Insane Barbaric Religion. Is there any good that this religion promotes or does? Seems like it's all torture and control.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 01:45:35 AM
Last edit: May 29, 2016, 02:40:55 AM by Spendulus

Go read your stupid book again..

The fitrah is five things, including circumcision

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khitan_%28circumcision%29

They have more than one stupid book they must read apparently.  Vika is technically correct, apparently.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: