Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:26:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: An idea i'm not ambitious enough to implement  (Read 1198 times)
MyFarm (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 02:58:07 AM
Last edit: February 05, 2015, 03:08:39 AM by MyFarm

Here's another idea to make a shitload of money, get the general public interested in Bitcoin, AND make money for charities or specific groups.

Group branded mining GUIs and mining pools.  Everyone wants to help their favorite cause, right?  Well, for example, create an environmental branded mining GUI and disseminate it on Facebook to all the hippies and environmentalists.  Have it connect to a specific private pool where ~50% of the bitcoin is donated to some cause that hippies and environmentalists would get behind.  Have them mine for free for you, generate you bitcoin, and you donate ~50% of it to their specific cause.

This could work for ANY type of group.

And what politician is going to try and shutdown Bitcoin if there's 500 groups out there benefiting from it?

I don't have the coding skills to do this nor the ambition to hire someone, so I thought I'd release it for free.  If you make some money off of it, just kick some BTC my way:

1Gfhz9ZiP9M6ndC6G5juzRdGf34yYmshQn

Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 07:24:27 AM

This actually sounds like a good idea, provided those groups have ready access to hardware and expertise to set it up.

They could even sell (or auction!) the bitcoins locally, with the buyers knowing it goes to support the cause.

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 07:26:19 AM

The free software foundation would be a good test subject.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
royalecraig

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2011, 08:37:53 AM

Very Subversive, I like it, get the Charities on board.
hugolp
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 09:57:15 AM

Great, great idea.

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
jashan

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2011, 11:39:35 AM

Great idea! Having branded mining tools sounds fun ... only that the one I'm using (DiabloMiner) doesn't even have a real GUI (the GUI looks like from the last millenium ;-) ).

So, what I think would be needed is a multiplatform Miner frontend (Linux, Mac, Windows) that looks really sweet and provides easy means for branding. It might even be pre-configured for a specific pool. However, what I wouldn't like to see would be that you can't simply switch to another pool. So "pre-configured" should not be Vodafone-style but just a convenience so you don't have to copy'n'paste data from a Website you just downloaded that pool from. But if you want to change the pool, it should still be possible.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: