Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:55:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Bitcoin Puzzle  (Read 18243 times)
ytcoinartist (OP)

Activity: 46
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 04:20:01 PM

You discover a Magic Portal. Be advised: Only the worthy may proceed. And so begins a Quest for bitcoin treasure.  

High Resolution Image: http://whit3r4bbi7.com/

Announced last night on twitter: https://twitter.com/coin_artist/status/736387780243165184

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
moinen

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 08:36:12 PM

Here are the messages encoded in the QR codes. I couldn't get a few of them to read, I would need to manually clear them up a bit for the reader to understand them. These are roughly left to right, top to bottom.

• You pass through two large iron doors into a large chamber. There are magical symbols inscribed on the walls. A strange mechanical sculpture of rusted gears and pipes dominates the space of the room. Beneath the sculpture is a vent emitting hot steam.
  • You nearly fall into a pit of deadly iron spikes. You see a shadowy figure in your peripheral, but when you turn to look, no one is there.
  • The corridor is lined with pulsating light bulbs in iron sconces. In an alcove there is a fallen statue with an inscription “When azoth and fire whiten Latona, Diana comes unclothed.”
  • A corridor is before you. There is a dim flickering bulb at the end of the corridor. You're not sure if it's your eyes adjusting to the low light or if you see a shadowy figure wavering in the distance.
  • Skeletons hang from chains and manacles against the walls. The floor is covered with iron gears, rusted scrap metal, and empty glass vials. You discover a leather jacket.
  • In a small damp room there are metal gears exposed in the eroding floor. The gears are rusted and beyond repair. A clanking sound can be faintly heard in the distance. Someone has scrawled “He who can burn with water and wash with fire makes a heaven of earth and a precious earth of heaven.”
  • An iron chandelier hangs from the ceiling here. There is a bookcase, you discover it pivots smoothly and reveals a secret door. In the small secret room there is a book lying open on an iron podium. The book is titled "Mechanica Mathematica," there are pages torn out.
  • The walls have been engraved with geometric patterns. An iron altar sits in the corner of the room with an inscription “If you make the earth fly upside down, with its wings you may convert torrential waters to stone.”
  • There is an iron passageway, it is very dark, you walk slowly with your hand against the wall guiding you... just in case. You come across a fortified iron door guarded by two mechanical gargoyles. There is an inscription on the door “The dragon guards the key.”
  • https://i.imgur.com/Uh3Cfiu.jpg
  • https://i.imgur.com/L3R809v.png
  • You are in an iron chamber. There are strange mechanical devices strewn about the room. It is dusty and the air is stale. On the wall someone has scrawled “The diameter of the sphere, the tau in the circle, and the cross of the globe bring no joy to the blind.”
  • http://textadventures.co.uk/games/view/5craldfdmkkzngf1davsna/days-destroyed
  • You are in a large chamber, there is a domed ceiling above you. An iron sarcophagus sits in the center of the room with an inscription that reads “SI SEDES NON IS.”
  • https://i.imgur.com/qto5RaC.png

It seems to have something to do with https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porta_Alchemica

The picture has many cells and the colors and triangles could all hold information. The QR codes are all also on specific coordinates in the grid, this is likely to be meaningful. They each have four or six studs around them, and the embossing on the QR code pattern itself has its light and shadow from different directions.

The html title for the image is "pipedream portal".

I couldn't get anywhere in the text adventure yet.

dex1

Activity: 141
Merit: 115

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 08:41:36 PM

The Journey Inward Begins Here

rock_collector

Activity: 67
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 09:37:52 PM

Hi all. I have had the best luck with i-nigma and Scandit QR scanners.
Ty13rDerden

Activity: 157
Merit: 7

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 09:38:44 PM

Here are the messages encoded in the QR codes. I couldn't get a few of them to read, I would need to manually clear them up a bit for the reader to understand them. These are roughly left to right, top to bottom.

• You pass through two large iron doors into a large chamber. There are magical symbols inscribed on the walls. A strange mechanical sculpture of rusted gears and pipes dominates the space of the room. Beneath the sculpture is a vent emitting hot steam.
  • You nearly fall into a pit of deadly iron spikes. You see a shadowy figure in your peripheral, but when you turn to look, no one is there.
  • The corridor is lined with pulsating light bulbs in iron sconces. In an alcove there is a fallen statue with an inscription “When azoth and fire whiten Latona, Diana comes unclothed.”
  • A corridor is before you. There is a dim flickering bulb at the end of the corridor. You're not sure if it's your eyes adjusting to the low light or if you see a shadowy figure wavering in the distance.
  • Skeletons hang from chains and manacles against the walls. The floor is covered with iron gears, rusted scrap metal, and empty glass vials. You discover a leather jacket.
  • In a small damp room there are metal gears exposed in the eroding floor. The gears are rusted and beyond repair. A clanking sound can be faintly heard in the distance. Someone has scrawled “He who can burn with water and wash with fire makes a heaven of earth and a precious earth of heaven.”
  • An iron chandelier hangs from the ceiling here. There is a bookcase, you discover it pivots smoothly and reveals a secret door. In the small secret room there is a book lying open on an iron podium. The book is titled "Mechanica Mathematica," there are pages torn out.
  • The walls have been engraved with geometric patterns. An iron altar sits in the corner of the room with an inscription “If you make the earth fly upside down, with its wings you may convert torrential waters to stone.”
  • There is an iron passageway, it is very dark, you walk slowly with your hand against the wall guiding you... just in case. You come across a fortified iron door guarded by two mechanical gargoyles. There is an inscription on the door “The dragon guards the key.”
  • You are in an iron chamber. There are strange mechanical devices strewn about the room. It is dusty and the air is stale. On the wall someone has scrawled “The diameter of the sphere, the tau in the circle, and the cross of the globe bring no joy to the blind.”
  • You are in a large chamber, there is a domed ceiling above you. An iron sarcophagus sits in the center of the room with an inscription that reads “SI SEDES NON IS.”

It seems to have something to do with https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porta_Alchemica

The picture has many cells and the colors and triangles could all hold information. The QR codes are all also on specific coordinates in the grid, this is likely to be meaningful. They each have four or six studs around them, and the embossing on the QR code pattern itself has its light and shadow from different directions.

I got them all to scan with Scandit and neoreader apps via iPhone.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4453

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 10:16:28 PM

The picture has many cells and the colors and triangles could all hold information.

im guessing u mean something like

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
rock_collector

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 10:36:59 PM

Was thinking along the same lines. The orange squares seem deliberate, not just for artistic effect. But how do we know to read from upper left to lower right in each 3x3 block?

And did you notice that the dark green "paths" in the puzzle look like pipes? And the terracotta colors simulate rust. And the shimmery triangles make the yellow blocks look like water. The painting evokes the scene described in the text adventure. Very clever!!
Pompobit

Activity: 736
Merit: 508

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 11:07:06 PM

I'm not sure about your order of qr codes.
Anyway the qr code at this url https://i.imgur.com/Uh3Cfiu.jpg that you list as 10th (the qr codes with the urls, are the ones that you couldn't decode?), is the one with the solution: "The walls have been engraved with geometric patterns. An iron altar sits in the corner of the room with an inscription “If you make the earth fly upside down, with its wings you may convert torrential waters to stone."
Pompobit

Activity: 736
Merit: 508

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 12:39:29 AM

the last one says: "Water surges out of a large pipe and begins to fill an iron chamber. You brace yourself against the wall as you find yourself knee deep in a channel of rushing water"
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 12:59:38 AM

Interesting puzzle. I missed the last one. Anyone kind enough to explain the rules/instruction for the puzzle?
rock_collector

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 01:27:23 AM

Interesting puzzle. I missed the last one. Anyone kind enough to explain the rules/instruction for the puzzle?

The fun thing about these puzzles is that there are no rules or instructions. Except for these: http://www.unfiction.com/dev/tutorial/10com.jpe
rock_collector

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 01:34:47 AM

dalek

Activity: 382
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 02:43:29 AM

There is a video with a poem and what looks like a password at the end (CL34RI7Y), but it doesn't work. And if you look at the source of the textadventure game, you'll see that it's making a post directly to http://whit3r4bbi7.com/api.php, so you could brute force it if you're lucky. The response to a correct jail code will be a username+password+url.

Edit: turns out the video is from a previous puzzle: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=766000.msg8824358#msg8824358

▄▄█████████▄▄
       ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
     ▄██▀▀               ▀▀██▄
    ██▀                    ████
   ██                     ███▀██
  ██                    ▄██▀   ██
 ██                    ▄██      ██
██▀                  ▄██▀      ▄███
██                  ▄██      ▄██▀██
██                 ██▀    ▄███▀  ██
██               ▄██▀   ▄██▀     ██
██▄             ▄██  ▄███▀      ▄██
 ██           ▄██▀ ▄██▀         ██
  ██         ▄██▄███▀          ██
   ██       █████▀            ██
    ██▄   ▄████▀            ▄██
     ▀██▄███▀            ▄▄██▀
       ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
           ▀▀█████████▀▀
L I V E T R E E   A D E P T TM
Own the future of entertainment
The World's 1st Community-Powered,
Film, TV and Content Network  ★
Ty13rDerden

Activity: 157
Merit: 7

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 04:05:40 AM

There is a video with a poem and what looks like a password at the end (CL34RI7Y), but it doesn't work. And if you look at the source of the textadventure game, you'll see that it's making a post directly to http://whit3r4bbi7.com/api.php, so you could brute force it if you're lucky. The response to a correct jail code will be a username+password+url.

Edit: turns out the video is from a previous puzzle: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=766000.msg8824358#msg8824358

Please don't brute force our server our database for whit3r4bbi7.com is fully encrypted and the server is shared with other projects.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 05:20:36 AM

is this a price puzzle or purely for fun?
rock_collector

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 05:30:31 AM

is this a price puzzle or purely for fun?

A bitcoin prize!

No one knows yet how much.
slaveforanunnak1

Activity: 743
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 03:33:45 PM

is there an IRC for this?
tobacco123

Activity: 552
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 03:40:18 PM

Please don't brute force our server our database for whit3r4bbi7.com is fully encrypted and the server is shared with other projects.

Agree. I don't think brute forcing is a good way to solve a carefully designed puzzle meant to stimulate people's problem solving power. Let's use our brain for this.

tsoPANos

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

In math we trust.

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 05:35:06 PM

I couldn't get to anything notewirthy in the game.
The door is locked, and you need to enter the password with a qwerty keybord in there, but no clue for the password.
I only found that "LOOK AT FLOOR" reveals a skeleton with a a jacket, a note and the map.
The note says:
I fear I may perish soon. The portal sent me here. Now, I'm trapped with no way out. I think this map holds the key but I can't decipher it.

So it is obv the map. We need somehow to extract more information from it. but no clue yet.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 05:51:12 PM

Really cool game, but it almost made my computer crash because the imagine resolution is so big that it was struggling to render it. I guess I need to buy a new computer.

What is the total prize of BTC for the winner? only winner gets BTC or you can find small BTC rewards?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  All
  Print  

Jump to: