Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:46:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC is over $9,000,000,000 in market capitalization for the 1st time in months  (Read 2835 times)
onemd

Activity: 309
Merit: 118

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 06:44:40 PM

bitcoin is really shining these days with the big rise so far and the stable state that it has right now.

i am specially excited about the media attention to bitcoin which is bringing a lot of new people and investors into bitcoin which will fuel the next big rise to the Mars.
stable? There is no word 'stable' in Bitcoin's dictionary. All we see now is a speculative pump, which sooner or later will end in a dump.
Whether it will be elevator down, or less step downfall it remains to be seen. But in that sense Bitcoin is too young and too speculative market to call it stable.

Stability is there but at some levels, as it gets seen for some months. Not important as if it remains there or not.
Of course, you don't want bitcoins to remain stable just at 250 even after this halving takes place, do you?

The bitcoin could remain stable around the $500 to 600 range for a few months since it is doing some corrections.

I think so. The longer the consolidation time, the higher the price will go in the next small bubble in the next few months.

Batelk

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 06:45:29 PM

bitcoin is really shining these days with the big rise so far and the stable state that it has right now.

i am specially excited about the media attention to bitcoin which is bringing a lot of new people and investors into bitcoin which will fuel the next big rise to the Mars.
stable? There is no word 'stable' in Bitcoin's dictionary. All we see now is a speculative pump, which sooner or later will end in a dump.
Whether it will be elevator down, or less step downfall it remains to be seen. But in that sense Bitcoin is too young and too speculative market to call it stable.

Stability is there but at some levels, as it gets seen for some months. Not important as if it remains there or not.
Of course, you don't want bitcoins to remain stable just at 250 even after this halving takes place, do you?

The bitcoin could remain stable around the $500 to 600 range for a few months since it is doing some corrections.

I think so. The longer the consolidation time, the higher the price will go in the next small bubble in the next few months.

For the next 10 years, if there is no major disaster, the bitcoin price will rise around 40-100% per year.

ZenCash Conducting Private Transactions Worldwide Completely
Discord -------- ANN Thread -------- Blog -------- Telegram  --------  Forum -------- Twitter
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
phreaky

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 09:06:05 PM

It's amazing, as I write we're experiencing incredible numbers. Let's hope the uptrend continues!

June 3 update: having reached $576 per BTC, market capitalization has touched $9,000,000,000!
Sorry but why is this even on here we no that those numbers are never going to be happen, we're never going experience numbers even close to that.
leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 12:59:25 AM

even if only a tiny fraction of the worlds money supply moves into BTC, a price of 10 000 or even 1000 000 is easily possible

check this out

http://money.visualcapitalist.com/all-of-the-worlds-money-and-markets-in-one-visualization/

world money supply 80 000 000 000 000

approximately 67000 $ per bitcoin, even if only 1% of it moves into bitcoin

NOW, total world debt is 200 000 000 000 000, and in case of a fiat currency breakdown, this debt has to be converted into money (so called monetization of debt; typically done as part of a monetary reform).

----> theoretical potential of up to $1.6 million per Bitcoin

Naturally not all money will move into Bitcoin but it is a clear thing, that 10 000 or even 50 000 are a nobrainer, and fiat money (and debt) is exponentially growing

Silver is also good.

Sleep tight LOL  Wink!

and HODL!!!

Truth is the new hatespeech.
jaredboice

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 02:50:21 AM

even if only a tiny fraction of the worlds money supply moves into BTC, a price of 10 000 or even 1000 000 is easily possible

check this out

http://money.visualcapitalist.com/all-of-the-worlds-money-and-markets-in-one-visualization/

world money supply 80 000 000 000 000

approximately 67000 $ per bitcoin, even if only 1% of it moves into bitcoin

NOW, total world debt is 200 000 000 000 000, and in case of a fiat currency breakdown, this debt has to be converted into money (so called monetization of debt; typically done as part of a monetary reform).

----> theoretical potential of up to $1.6 million per Bitcoin

Naturally not all money will move into Bitcoin but it is a clear thing, that 10 000 or even 50 000 are a nobrainer, and fiat money (and debt) is exponentially growing

Silver is also good.

Sleep tight LOL  Wink!

and HODL!!!

This is a fact.  And think about the hundreds of millions (perhaps billions?) of unbanked people who are also on the internet!  The upside from a $9 Billion market cap is INSANE!
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 05:04:42 AM

At the moment we already lost 30 dollars in 15 min. Not sure who big it will crash but we may lose the 10 billion market cap in a hour if this goes futher.
Too bad, it was good to see a 10B+ market cap

newcoins1978

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 08:14:18 AM

It's amazing, as I write we're experiencing incredible numbers. Let's hope the uptrend continues!

June 3 update: having reached $576 per BTC, market capitalization has touched $9,000,000,000!
Look at the price we all know that this is impossible and it is not going to happen, we should be more realistic here and focus on what really can happen.
I am hoping for the value to be $1000 which is pretty realistic but some people on here hope for miracles.
jaredboice

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 08:48:14 AM

Look at the price we all know that this is impossible and it is not going to happen, we should be more realistic here and focus on what really can happen.
I am hoping for the value to be $1000 which is pretty realistic but some people on here hope for miracles.

Kind of like the many miracles that have happened in Bitcoin? What about the two miracles in 2013? Reality has shown that what really can happen in Bitcoin in a time frame of only 12 months is a 5,000% increase in price
Batelk

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 09:11:24 AM

Kind of like the many miracles that have happened in Bitcoin? What about the two miracles in 2013? Reality has shown that what really can happen in Bitcoin in a time frame of only 12 months is a 5,000% increase in price

If the Core team release the 2MB block size increase and the SegWit as agreed in the Hongkong meeting, the price will rise a lot.

Discord -------- ANN Thread -------- Blog -------- Telegram  --------  Forum -------- Twitter
Trasamania

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 07:13:50 AM

If the Core team release the 2MB block size increase and the SegWit as agreed in the Hongkong meeting, the price will rise a lot.

They promised to release it in the July. So the price could rise a lot in the next 20 days, we will see.
onemd

Activity: 309
Merit: 118

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 02:36:38 PM

They promised to release it in the July. So the price could rise a lot in the next 20 days, we will see.

Some of the Core members denied they have anything to do with the Hong Kong consensus. So nothing might happen.

hermanhs09

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 03:05:53 PM

I'm an economically minded noob.  What does the market cap mean for me and the value of the bitcoin I hold personally?  How is it a good thing?  Will it increase adoption, value, distribution?  Can it answer some of the questions I outlined here in the following thread? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1489137.new#new
Im not like you in 100% cjmoles " economically minded noob " (but you made me laugh buddy Cheesy) but i
still dont know too what actually market cap means.
Anyone up to help me understand it?
nururochac

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 03:45:00 PM

All are still allegations, putting word IF still on a process of deciding if it will happen or not. Things will be better if they release the 2m block size increase but even if they it will still be better for bitcoin because that's not the only thing that makes the bitcoin's price rise, the demand has a big role too.
Nimbulan

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 04:54:07 PM

thats true, then the price is definitely going to go to the new all time high i think and bitcoins is not done at all, we just need to wait for a bigger growth and that will be it

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
kobilica

Activity: 280
Merit: 300

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 10:52:51 PM

I'm an economically minded noob.  What does the market cap mean for me and the value of the bitcoin I hold personally?  How is it a good thing?  Will it increase adoption, value, distribution?  Can it answer some of the questions I outlined here in the following thread? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1489137.new#new
Im not like you in 100% cjmoles " economically minded noob " (but you made me laugh buddy Cheesy) but i

bitcoins that exists * value of bitcoins

(value can be dollars or shekel or grandpa cookies, w/e)
Posum578

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 11:25:53 PM

As far as i am know we get number for bitcoin market cap with this (bitcoin ever created * Price of bitcoin)
So actually this market cap will always grow if bitcoin not going down
elite3000
Legendary

Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 03:36:38 AM

How is the value calculated if each exchange has his own rate and sometimes there is a big gap between them? Usually Huobi is $20 ahead of btc-e
Batelk

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 09:02:13 AM

How is the value calculated if each exchange has his own rate and sometimes there is a big gap between them? Usually Huobi is $20 ahead of btc-e

That could be volume weighted average. But you have to exclude lots of volumes in the Chinese exchanges.

Trasamania

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 02:07:03 PM

That could be volume weighted average. But you have to exclude lots of volumes in the Chinese exchanges.

The trading volume in China is useless as the trading fee is 0%. The volume can be artificially high there.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 03:09:34 PM

remove "can" it was proven multiple times that the volume there is totally fake, just to manipulate the price

The trading volume in China is useless as the trading fee is 0%. The volume can be artificially high there.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: