Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 12:33:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I just don't get it.  (Read 10628 times)
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 01:24:23 AM

This is what Excel predicts:

I actually lol'd when I saw that.  Thanks for the laugh.

If you think that's funny you'll love this new all time high thingy...

$40.90

Edit:

Make that:

$40.90 $41.10

johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 01:34:37 AM

The changes needed to make Bitcoin scale aren't conceptually difficult. The only problem is that for some reason people are opposed to allowing Bitcoin to succeed.

Technically there is no problem, but that is not a technical problem, it is a split at much higher level

Just like compare Iphone with Adroid phone, some people like this, some people like that

Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 02:13:01 AM

The changes needed to make Bitcoin scale aren't conceptually difficult. The only problem is that for some reason people are opposed to allowing Bitcoin to succeed.

Only those heavily invested in some altcoin or other. The rest of us know what needs to happen.
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 04:17:16 AM

Why does the price of bitcoin keep going up???

I'm pissed now that I sold all of mine.

It's gone up nearly $8 since I jumped ship.

I think about buying back in but I keep thinking it it is a high risk, and hard to make a decent profit at this price... Could it really get into the $60+ range?

I find it hard to believe.

So seriously... What is it?

What are the factors at play here.. Help me make an informed decision.

I just can't figure this thing out.

Here is a possible explantion. They need and are able to hire because they are processing more and more Bitcoin transactions. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=149573.0

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
OhShei8e
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1059

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 05:04:13 PM

Only those heavily invested in some altcoin or other. The rest of us know what needs to happen.

Good to know.
MtRev

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2013, 10:32:21 AM

Personally, I see support within the $25-30 range.

Don't get me wrong though, I do feel that Bitcoin will gain more in value, but not until there a pull back from people taking in profits.
Everyone so hyped about the news, it's just being overbought.

However, I do believe in a few years down the line, 1 BTC will =  $500 or maybe even $1,000.
If BitCoin was to fail, I think it would had already done so by now.

Once these coins fully distributed, the value of these coins will rise even higher.

I remember when Paypal was just beta and I was trying to get referrals.. . everyone laughed at me and asked "wtf is a PayPal?"
When Paypal got a bit more popular, you see them on some home business type websites and people just saw them as  "cheap" or non-legit websites -- its now 15 years later (damn, I wish i stocked up when they went IPO) and look where they are at today! Just about every website accepts them as a form of payment! Hell, I even recall seeing a PayPal opton at Home Depot and Ace Hardware! 15 years may seem like a long time, but if you think about it.. . when paypal was just beta, it feels like it was just yesterday.

I really see the same thing happening to for BitCoin, the only difference is that it will pick up much faster since the newer generation is more willing to accept this new concept.

EDIT:

I forgot to note, please don't be an idiot taking out a mortgage or any type loan to invest in Bitcoins.
Invest a 'small' % of your monthly income instead.

Don't trade alone! Let's Talk Money!
Stocks, Options, Crypto, Forex, Dividends and the Commodities market
Bitobsessed

Activity: 291

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 10:53:25 AM

Don't get me wrong though, I do feel that Bitcoin will gain more in value, but not until there a pull back from people taking in profits.

However, I do believe in a few years down the line, 1 BTC will =  $500 or maybe even $1,000.

Once these coins fully distributed, the value of these coins will rise even higher.

I remember when Paypal was just beta and I was trying to get referrals.. . everyone laughed at me and asked "wtf is a PayPal?"
When Paypal got a bit more popular, you see them on some home business type websites and people just saw them as  "cheap" or non-legit websites -- its now 15 years later (damn, I wish i stocked up when they went IPO) and look where they are at today! Just about every website accepts them as a form of payment! Hell, I even recall seeing a PayPal opton at Home Depot and Ace Hardware! 15 years may seem like a long time, but if you think about it.. . when paypal was just beta, it feels like it was just yesterday.

I really see the same thing happening to for BitCoin, the only difference is that it will pick up much faster since the newer generation is more willing to accept this new concept.

EDIT:

I forgot to note, please don't be an idiot taking out a mortgage or any type loan to invest in Bitcoins.

If you missed the first opportunity, sell now.
Kupsi
Legendary

Activity: 1193
Merit: 1003

9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 11:07:34 AM

This is what Excel predicts:

This is to slow. Try to use the market cap instead  Cheesy

https://blockchain.info/charts/market-cap?showDataPoints=false&show_header=true&daysAverageString=1&timespan=all&scale=1&address=
Bitobsessed

Activity: 291

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 11:37:46 AM

EDIT:

That was fun.
zkay

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 03:25:32 PM

EDIT:

Any more opining on this? Do you see the profit taking occurring at or around $50 like last time?
MtRev

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2013, 07:06:38 AM

Looking back at my old post and reading your comment, i guess you were wrong.

EDIT:

Looking back at my old post and reading your reply.. .
I guess you were wrong.

Don't trade alone! Let's Talk Money!
Stocks, Options, Crypto, Forex, Dividends and the Commodities market
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: