Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:25:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it illegal for someone to hack my BTC wallet?  (Read 15196 times)
loof99

Activity: 524
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 02:47:52 PM

Unless you are permitted to do so but in all scenarios it is fraud.  It is illegal to hack the account of btc wallet or invading or accessing the account of someone without any permission to do it so.
All hacking are fraudulent activities that should be careful off and the company should not tolerate this activity that occur.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nidacoinlove

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 05:02:03 PM

Unless you are permitted to do so but in all scenarios it is fraud.  It is illegal to hack the account of btc wallet or invading or accessing the account of someone without any permission to do it so.
All hacking are fraudulent activities that should be careful off and the company should not tolerate this activity that occur.
When you are granted permission to do anything with a concerned account then it can't be termed as hacking. Approaching someone's secure belongings is unethical and obviously breaching the laws is corruption, malfeasance act. But here is always a hassle around, people could be punished only if they are traced for been in any such activities.
salayog01999

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:17:13 AM

I'm not clear on this one point.  If somebody got a hold of my private key and moved funds from an address that I claimed on the ledger, is that against the law?  At what point could that be considered a crime?  For example, if they hacked into my machine and stolen the private key; if they sniped the pk while snooping on a public access connection; brute forced the pk into existence; or just plane snapped a shot of my qr code over my shoulder....ect  In which of those examples could I pursue prosecution for the theft of my coin?  

If he/she doesn't have any permission coming from you it is called stealing and it is illegal but you don't have enough evidence to prove that he/she stole the bitcoin from you that's why make sure you have a high security in your account.
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:40:19 AM

I'm not clear on this one point.  If somebody got a hold of my private key and moved funds from an address that I claimed on the ledger, is that against the law?  At what point could that be considered a crime?  For example, if they hacked into my machine and stolen the private key; if they sniped the pk while snooping on a public access connection; brute forced the pk into existence; or just plane snapped a shot of my qr code over my shoulder....ect  In which of those examples could I pursue prosecution for the theft of my coin?  

If he/she doesn't have any permission coming from you it is called stealing and it is illegal but you don't have enough evidence to prove that he/she stole the bitcoin from you that's why make sure you have a high security in your account.

There's no law about cryptocurrency yet but in real world its illegal specially when you don't allow that person to do it but I think its hard to bring it back since this is a decentralized and its hard to find that person. There's a lot of phishing site that can easily get your private key so you better be careful if you don't want to loose your money easily.
dokie987

Activity: 85

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:39:30 AM

Hacking is Illegal in every way. In digital world, If you are entering into someone private space without permission then it is totally an illegal act and should be punishable under law. Now it all depends upon your country's law, how strong is your country's digital law and how seriously they take it.

If that is possible in other countries like mine, then it would be a great thing and we will feel the just from this scammers.
Guapongbadoy

Activity: 124

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:45:19 AM

Although bitcoin is not declared as a legal business globally but the good thing is there are now few among all the from here is recognising it as legal. So the question if it is illegal to hack the btc wallet of a person could be yes and no is the answer for the legality is depend upon the nation where a victim of hacker live. Either bitcoin declared as illegal or not still there is no certain punishment applicable to the hacker since government is hands off.
MetalBall

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:14:07 AM

Yes, it is illegal and they not tolerate this fraudulent activities which gives some threats in the investors investment. So the company of bitcoin provide a high level of security and have collaboration with government.
Tapyaks72

Activity: 490
Merit: 28

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:14:29 PM

There's no law about cryptocurrency yet but in real world its illegal specially when you don't allow that person to do it but I think its hard to bring it back since this is a decentralized and its hard to find that person. There's a lot of phishing site that can easily get your private key so you better be careful if you don't want to loose your money easily.
Thief is a thief what ever name you called it hacker or what ever. once get something unauthorized to somebody it is considered thievery.but since crypto currency is anonymous, decentralized,P2P and unregulated it is difficult to seek asylum to the law if in case somebody will hack your wallet but I think in this case it is not  about the crypto currency, but its all about your personal belongings in there were cyber law would come in and protect individual under the law.

chel0

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 05:11:41 AM

Obviously it is all an illegal act or crime. But the problem is you can't force to prosecute the person caught stealing unless bitcoin is being regulated and controlled by the government in your country.Because once it administer by the government, you are force to pay taxes in every transactions made.Since you are paying taxes,bitcoin is now considered as your asset and whoever caught in the act sniping the private key in your BTC wallet will be punished accordingly.

CoachCarter

Activity: 109

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 11:51:30 AM

Everything they hack even your private information or personal data is forbidden and can land someone who stole it will be put in jail if they are caught in the act or proven that they are the one who hack it. Hacking is stealing so they will be prosecuted if they are caught so be very cautios on where you join wifi or even public wifi there have tons of way to hack someones data through it so be very caustious about it.
vuanhquan

Activity: 39

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 03:54:29 AM

For me, hacking your bitcoin address is a really bad thing, it is illegal and illegal in your country, in my country not.
When my bitcoin wallet key is lost, no one organization can claim it for me. All gone. Cry Cry Cry Cry
Kriptomen_51

Activity: 82

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 06:07:09 PM

If you use a service like Coinbase, you do not have to worry about how to remember the public and private keys. This is similar to online banking, where you use a username (usually an email address) and a basic password. And this allows thieves to clean you by getting your password. The most common way to do this is to hack the client's email account, and then ask Coinbase (or any other service that you use) to reset the password. The reset instruction is sent to your hacked email account, which allows the thief to gain access to the bitcoins.
whitecaramel1

Activity: 217

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:17:43 PM

Its very good question but i think that here is don't have any laws to prevent these threats if such a problem occurred than who will asset it and on which bases they will make a good solution for it.the best thing is that you will be very care full.
pareshnakar

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 05:18:49 AM

two problems are seen 1 virus problem. and 2 is private key.

MEXC Português  |  Trade Anywhere with the MEXC App
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      MEXC.com      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Tigorss

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:48:53 AM

if viewed from a religious point of view it can be said to be a theft and get a sin, but if viewed from the side of the law, how else crypto currency has no regulation and you can not report this case anywhere due to lack of rights.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:09:46 PM

Its very good question but i think that here is don't have any laws to prevent these threats if such a problem occurred than who will asset it and on which bases they will make a good solution for it.the best thing is that you will be very care full.

Exactly. Technically it's not illegal because there aren't any legal boundaries yet covering crypto. That's why i think having certain regulations are also vital with crypto's progress. Though it's not going to be easy hacking one's wallet unless of course the owner becomes careless with his security keys

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
MCVXYZ

Activity: 630
Merit: 24

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 11:14:19 PM

Exactly. Technically it's not illegal because there aren't any legal boundaries yet covering crypto. That's why i think having certain regulations are also vital with crypto's progress. Though it's not going to be easy hacking one's wallet unless of course the owner becomes careless with his security keys

The fact that there are no special norms doesn’t allow us to make things which are not ‘morally correct’.Anyway there exist too many general legal norms which regulate situations like that and nobody has the right to touch another’s property right..and I think this principle is the part of every country’s constitutional doctrine...anyway if there are no special norms,it means that people must use more general norms about this issue...
klarnetcijamie

Activity: 148

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:05:01 PM

in my opinion It is illegal for someone to hack your bitcoin, as it is your bitcoins and the person who steal will have to be treated the same as are treated by stealing other currencies.
digroske

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:47:48 PM

Yes. In the cryptomir, legal support must be serious
reddolphin

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 05:06:41 PM

I think so it's illegal but untraceable too means if a person get access to your wallet and send money to other wallets you can't find him.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: