Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:57:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it illegal for someone to hack my BTC wallet?  (Read 15196 times)
lisasteca

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 01:59:20 PM

It is a fundamental question and it is precisely the main problem of cryptocurrencies: legal protection! In many countries they are considered more or less like gambling tokens so no one would be punished for violating a cryptowallet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Oasisman

Activity: 2604
Merit: 549

Rollbit

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 02:47:00 PM

This could be under the investigation of cyber crime division, BUT does your government recognizes Cryptocurrency in your country in order to make legal actions regarding this case?
This could be a perfect example of a good feature for cryptocurrency to be regulated by the government. PROTECTION.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Rayner77

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 02:49:02 PM

This could be under the investigation of cyber crime division, BUT does your government recognizes Cryptocurrency in your country in order to make legal actions regarding this case?
This could be a perfect example of a good feature for cryptocurrency to be regulated by the government. PROTECTION.

That's why I always say that cryptocoins being regulated is not a bad thing at all. It protects users from a lot of bad things. Sure, the govt takes a portion of your money, but it's worth it.
Dereykyates

Activity: 18

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 03:32:46 PM

Is it possible to hack someone BTC wallet? & how possible please
cryptorocket84

Activity: 104

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:15:28 AM

Invading, accessing or hacking someone else's btc wallet without the owners permission is fraud, the issue is that you cannot as well report this to the authority because most country see it as illegal so there is no protection for customers .
Tyronthegreat

Activity: 65

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 01:45:27 PM

Most of civilised country's recognise digital theft.
Different definitions are taken in to consideration. But most of those states have
something like " if one breaks through securities to poses things that are hidden behind those
securities, this is considered a crime against law of possession"  In my country at the least
most of cyber goods, like items from WOW or LOL are protected under this law.
I think bitcoins are no different, also are goods, digital but still.  
You have a good answer buddy. But what kind of civilized country, is that a country considered bitcoin as legal? If that so, then, theft of someone's key privacy will automatically considered criminal, what he did is illegal. But if in the country where crypto are illegal, I don't think crypto believer would receive any legal action from the government against the theft specially when cryptos on such country is illegal.
BTCeminjas

Activity: 322
Merit: 23

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 04:55:51 PM

Invading, accessing or hacking someone else's btc wallet without the owners permission is fraud, the issue is that you cannot as well report this to the authority because most country see it as illegal so there is no protection for customers .
No, you can still ask help from the government if one of your wallet accounts gets hacked, yes that a part of fraudulent and it is still punishable by the law if you caught the suspect. It's a part of cybercrime case related and that is illegal activities by the law.
But mostly this case probably unsolved due to hard trace suspect, the best thing to do is be careful with your account and secure.
NickCliar

Activity: 29

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 05:52:57 PM

Under the protection of law all things declared under the name of any individual is considered and needed to be protected by law, as for example declaring source of income and declaring your private properties when paying your tax, incase your profile and online account related to business or any private property you have the right to cease any criminal who poke or stole something from your property, but in cryptocurrency it is difficult to file a case since we are not registered to any government agency hence law can't protect us directly when our wallet account are hack.
cryptojac17

Activity: 490
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:09:34 AM

Any pass word in any account in the internet is considered a personal belonging, considering private key of electronics wallet
 is considered your personal property belonging, even if bitcoin is illegal or legal in your country hacking personal information is considered a violation under the cyber law.

Oasisman

Activity: 2604
Merit: 549

Rollbit

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 01:51:30 AM

Any pass word in any account in the internet is considered a personal belonging, considering private key of electronics wallet
 is considered your personal property belonging, even if bitcoin is illegal or legal in your country hacking personal information is considered a violation under the cyber law.

Yeah I understand your point. But still different when a certain country regulates cryptocurrency. During times like these, they could fully attend and cater your needs, file specific charges against the criminal because cryptocurrency is already part of the system. Whereas if cryptocurrency is illegal in your country, you might be charged for using it and not abiding the law and your complain will be trashed, nobody wants that to happen.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Kinan07

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:31:04 AM

yes, because it is very harmful to us, if someone takes or claims that does not belong to us it can already be proved that they committed a great crime.
auliasilvana

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 09:24:43 AM

I'm not clear on this one point.  If somebody got a hold of my private key and moved funds from an address that I claimed on the ledger, is that against the law?  At what point could that be considered a crime?  For example, if they hacked into my machine and stolen the private key; if they sniped the pk while snooping on a public access connection; brute forced the pk into existence; or just plane snapped a shot of my qr code over my shoulder....ect  In which of those examples could I pursue prosecution for the theft of my coin?  
Yes, of course, this is very illegal. Because the hacker has stolen what it does not belong to. But that's the work of the hacker, just stealing and making everyone uneasy for fear of losing his money. But if this happens in my country, I can guarantee no one can help. The government will not be responsible for this incident.

EndChain - Complete logistical solution for all markets and supply chains
ICO Start: Dec 1, 2018 (https://endchain.io/)
imsotiredofmoviereboots

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 07:50:35 AM

It is considered as a crime. They have no permission to have your funds and they stole it by hacking your wallet where hacking is already illegal so it's like 2 counts of charges.
denny27

Activity: 546
Merit: 101

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 08:24:41 AM

It is considered as a crime. They have no permission to have your funds and they stole it by hacking your wallet where hacking is already illegal so it's like 2 counts of charges.
And even though it's one of the illegal things, but however every country has different responses on cryptos/bitcoin, sometimes we have to overcome it ourselves without government help/protection because crypto is still not legal.

bbjay

Activity: 77
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 08:50:57 AM

For some one to have access to to your wallet is a crime already because your wallet is your private property and it is for  you alone or else you authorized someone to do so. This crime can be prosecuted if you have all the proof.

retail.global  |  Business-As-A-Service Ecommerce Ecosystem
▬▬▬▬▬  ● ●  Powered by Blockchain  ● ●  ▬▬▬▬▬
Virtual miner

Activity: 728
Merit: 275

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 09:40:41 AM

The answer here depends on your country. Actually as per the general preposition a wallet is property of the person who holds the private key. There is nothing that once you create a wallet you have got your name on it. So if anyone has your private key you will first have to prove that you originally owned the wallet. Now here the problem is that most of the countries don't even have any law about bitcoin and crypto so there loss is not even considered as a theft or anything. So I think you have no protection from law even if some one hacks into your wallet.
marielbeckham

Activity: 185

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 10:19:13 AM

Yes, it will be recognized as a crime but as the practice of many people from different countries shows that not every case can be resolved.
cryptorocket84

Activity: 104

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 05:29:24 PM

Yes, it is illegal to hack another person bitcoins account. Whether the government approves bitcoin or not. it is criminal to get hold of another person account or intrude into someones business without his/her approval.
Magic Sarap

Activity: 350
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 05:57:06 PM
Merited by Henry Sy (1)

I'm not clear on this one point.  If somebody got a hold of my private key and moved funds from an address that I claimed on the ledger, is that against the law?  At what point could that be considered a crime?  For example, if they hacked into my machine and stolen the private key; if they sniped the pk while snooping on a public access connection; brute forced the pk into existence; or just plane snapped a shot of my qr code over my shoulder....ect  In which of those examples could I pursue prosecution for the theft of my coin?  
Obviously yes! Apparently, hacking is a sin! It is just like you stole something that's not yours! It's a criminal things-taking something that is not yours without her/him approval that's hell!

▬[  dClinic.io  ]▬  
▌ A Comprehensive Healthcare Ecosystem Powered by Blockchain  ▌
▬▬  PRE SALE ENDS 15th OCTOBER▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Medium  | LinkedIn  | Facebook| ▬▬
spikerrr

Activity: 63

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 07:12:04 AM

There is no law that says if someone hacke you it is legal. Therefore to hack someone is not legal but illegal however government is seldom to action this kind of issue unless it is about national security.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: