Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:30:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon batch 1- Who got tracking?  (Read 3888 times)
loshia (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 08:40:53 PM

Guys,
Let us keep track of sent tracking numbers over email. Who got tracking? Anyone?

Please let us keep this topic clean.

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 08:43:03 PM

They said the would start shipping today and that they would start giving out the tracking 3 days later.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
tripper22

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 08:52:33 PM

Did the Avalon crew confirm that they are shipping to North America using DHL?

If so, you can call them and see if you have a shipment coming at 1-855-DHL-SHIP (1-855-345-7447).

DHL doesn't have any shipments for me yet. Sad I know it's early, but what the hell.
Beepbop

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 11:55:53 AM

Time to check again?
eestimees

Activity: 651
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 11:57:36 AM

Time to check again?

this waiting is even worst than waiting bASIC refund...

eestimees
Beepbop

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 12:11:06 PM

Some buyers would also like to prefer not revealing that they've got one, so watch the blockchain.
loshia (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 12:14:26 PM

Time to check again?

what is killing me is the silence but let us hope that no news are good news. Besides i really do need to have the invoice because of the custom procedures and silense about invoices is very bad...
Just a side question for EU customers - how are you going to deal with customs not having the invoice upfront? It can bring a lot of complication and additional expenses/delays because of that in my country.

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
vdragon

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2013, 12:26:50 PM

Time to check again?

what is killing me is the silence but let us hope that no news are good news. Besides i really do need to have the invoice because of the custom procedures and silense about invoices is very bad...
Just a side question for EU customers - how are you going to deal with customs not having the invoice upfront? It can bring a lot of complication and additional expenses/delays because of that in my country.

Most likely will pay customs + vat, no more, no less

My USB Erupter GROUP BUY https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252180.0

Hungary (south) based trader - accepting/sending bank transfers, also willing to meet in person
loshia (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 12:31:13 PM

Time to check again?

Most likely if the name in the invoice is wrong it can be treated as double purpose crypto  equipment and big shit can happen

ralree

Activity: 518

Manateeeeeeees

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 01:54:06 PM

Some buyers would also like to prefer not revealing that they've got one, so watch the blockchain.

Some, sure, but not all.  Where are the devices?

1MANaTeEZoH4YkgMYz61E5y4s9BYhAuUjG
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 04:14:21 PM

In my past experience, a small PC shop with 5 workers assembling standard PC, the maximum number of pieces they can dispatch is about 20 per day, so I guess the delivery will well extend beyond March

Aseras

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 04:22:48 PM

The final assembly looks very simple. I could make 10 an hour if all the parts and such were ready to go.

Assembling the board and loading software and testing could take longer. Who knows how the QA goes. Do they IR every heatsink and board? How long is the burn in/testing phase, etc.
Aseras

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 04:24:24 PM

Time to check again?

Most likely if the name in the invoice is wrong it can be treated as double purpose crypto  equipment and big shit can happen

Who knows, they could label the thing a wireless router or custom PC and sail it right through customs if they had E marking.
loshia (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 05:16:02 PM

The final assembly looks very simple. I could make 10 an hour if all the parts and such were ready to go.

Assembling the board and loading software and testing could take longer. Who knows how the QA goes. Do they IR every heatsink and board? How long is the burn in/testing phase, etc.

I feel that nghzang is the only one who is doing it Sad He  works too much and not beeping online almost 5 days now.  It is very sad because he had a lot of knowledge and skills and they are wasted assembling boxes.

This is what i think is happening now...

cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 05:18:22 PM

I feel that nghzang is the only one who is doing it Sad He  works too much and not beeping online almost 5 days now.  It is very sad because he had a lot of knowledge and skills and they are wasted assembling boxes.

I don't think so... Why not taking a few workers for like 100€/month? Afraid that they will stole the units?

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
loshia (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 05:40:14 PM

I don't think so... Why not taking a few workers for like 100€/month? Afraid that they will stole the units?
Because that is his style he always wants things to be perfect and he is doing it because he wants to

Beepbop

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 05:42:19 PM

Training people takes time and effort too, you know. NGZhang will have quite a story to tell us when this is done, I'm sure.
loshia (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 05:44:23 PM

Training people takes time and effort too, you know. NGZhang will have quite a story to tell us when this is done, I'm sure.
He want tell us i am sure, but that is not important know. I personally would love to know the story too Smiley

Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2013, 06:15:16 PM

All speculation, we could come out with all kinds of far fetched ideas all day.  Bottom-line, we wait, we watch and March 10th is the Batch deadline so lets send good thoughts that he has been working hard to meet that deadline and then on to Batch #2.

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2013, 01:46:11 AM

No you could not. Too many screws would require more than 6min per Avalon.

Tell you what, as soon as I receive my units, I invite you to my house and give you 2 hours to practice. If you can assemble one in less than 6min, you win 25 BTC. If not, you give me 25 BTC. Deal? That would be a faster way for me to win 25 BTC rather than waiting to solve a block Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: