Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:59:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I am about to do something massivley stupid  (Read 24100 times)
Kazu

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 03:18:30 AM

Some people are willing to risk their entirely livelyhood on this thing and I think I'm a daredevil because I own more BTC than XIV.
Many people underestimate what Bitcoin represents - I'm not exaggerating in my signature.
Sure, but I doubt that buying Bitcoins really aids bitcoin in that purpose.

Otherwise you get into silly situations like if you sell bitcoin to re-buy more, you are helping Bitcoin, etc...

CoinLenders - Bitcoin Bank Script / Demo
1v.io/kazu - 15ccW7m6RxDFWEKc3P1NdwWpX1N1pU7gZ8
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 03:23:04 AM

Otherwise you get into silly situations like if you sell bitcoin to re-buy more, you are helping Bitcoin, etc...
I've helped more than 100 people buy Bitcoins for the first time by reselling Bitcoins.

Most of them probably would have bought eventually, but more than one has told me they only bought because there was somebody in their area with a good reputation that was willing to meet them and explain the process.

Maybe that's not what you meant, but it certainly is one way to help adoption of the currency grow.
MrHempstock

Activity: 140

"Don't worry. My career died after Batman, too."

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 04:02:07 AM

Did the OP invest back in March?

BTCitcointalk 1%ers manipulate the currency and deceive its user community.
Kazu

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 04:16:02 AM

I've helped more than 100 people buy Bitcoins for the first time by reselling Bitcoins.

Most of them probably would have bought eventually, but more than one has told me they only bought because there was somebody in their area with a good reputation that was willing to meet them and explain the process.

Maybe that's not what you meant, but it certainly is one way to help adoption of the currency grow.

No, I meant something like "i'm going to sell my Bitcoins on Gox, so that through some method (like the one in my sig *blatant plug*) I can obtain more Bitcoins later, and thus by obtaining more bitcoins I have effectively forced the purchase of more bitcoins, driving the price up, helping bitcoin."

Thats why I dont consider causing a price increase like the OP is doing to be necessarily "helping bitcoin". (I'm not saying its hurting bitcoin, just that its not really helping it as you imply).

CoinLenders - Bitcoin Bank Script / Demo
1v.io/kazu - 15ccW7m6RxDFWEKc3P1NdwWpX1N1pU7gZ8
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 11:45:01 AM
Last edit: September 28, 2013, 12:14:00 PM by johnyj

Still remember this impressive thread, did you invest based on your plan OP? Success?

600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 02:07:54 PM

check out this poll:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300021.msg3216179#msg3216179

indeed very interesting thread.
XxionxX (OP)

Activity: 254
Merit: 250

Digital money you say?

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 08:58:17 PM

Still remember this impressive thread, did you invest based on your plan OP? Success?

I did invest literally all of my money which wasn't paying my bills, and unfortunately I was unable to secure any bitcoins with credit, I still made out like a bandit and I just about quintupled my investment. I cashed a portion of my funds out at ~$170 and the rest is just hanging on for the ride  Wink

I had an unfortunate problem with miicard right when bitcoin jumped from ~$40 to ~$55 and I was sure that the end was not far off. So I let the cash ride and hoped for the best.

I am bummed that I was unable to secure leverage but I am happy that I have done so well Smiley

FAP Turbo 2.0, the FOREX trading robot which also trades bitcoin!

I had to link it because I love the name. Seriously, that is the real name.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 11:03:20 PM

I had an unfortunate problem with miicard right when bitcoin jumped from ~$40 to ~$55 and I was sure that the end was not far off. So I let the cash ride and hoped for the best.

I'm curious about your issue with miicard.  The thing is pretty scary, but I did sign up using a bank account without a lot of funds on time.  They pestered me when I closed the account so it seems like the do ping one's bank account from time to time.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  All
  Print  

Jump to: