Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 01:47:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Final Satoshi [UPDATED] 4 BTC UP FOR GRABS  (Read 4790 times)
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 01:30:17 PM

I don't understand how can the last guy not hold the bag?

Your site says:
"You will earn the 2% that has been set aside or Perk 1 (whichever is greater) in addition to your stake and steal bonuses (if any)."

How can the last guy receive his stake back? it's already been used to pay the previous guy, are you going to pay the last guy out of pocket?  Grin

Yes, the last guy would be paid out of house profits since afterwords the game would be over. We are hoping that's not for a while though as it's just way too much fun watching something I've worked very hard on brought to life and enjoyed by others. However the beautiful thing about our backstory is there is always room for an even better sequel.  Roll Eyes  Wink

ok that's very nice of you. Another question, why would anyone use the "release" button? I don't understand the incentive

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
ubbe_mainer

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 02:37:19 PM

I don't understand how can the last guy not hold the bag?

Your site says:
"You will earn the 2% that has been set aside or Perk 1 (whichever is greater) in addition to your stake and steal bonuses (if any)."

How can the last guy receive his stake back? it's already been used to pay the previous guy, are you going to pay the last guy out of pocket?  Grin

Yes, the last guy would be paid out of house profits since afterwords the game would be over. We are hoping that's not for a while though as it's just way too much fun watching something I've worked very hard on brought to life and enjoyed by others. However the beautiful thing about our backstory is there is always room for an even better sequel.  Roll Eyes  Wink

ok that's very nice of you. Another question, why would anyone use the "release" button? I don't understand the incentive

I have been thinking same, I see this in two ways, player should be able to release wins for free. On the other hand, current system is profitable for succesfull stealer to release?
ubbe_mainer

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 03:06:56 PM

Somethings in math does not make right... If someone tries to steal my satoshi and fails, I get only 40%. If 60% goes to house, that is quite a lot....

Maybe I have not looked this enough yet.. maybe I do the math on weekend...
kokojie
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 03:12:50 PM

Somethings in math does not make right... If someone tries to steal my satoshi and fails, I get only 40%. If 60% goes to house, that is quite a lot....

I think the house is only making money on steals, since he promise to compensate the last bagholder. Though what if no one uses the "steal" function?

ubbe_mainer

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 04:18:33 PM

I think steal is worth if you afterwards release... but odds look quite small, like in many lottery systems...

Maybe I try to calculate some series systems, but while I am lazy, I could make some Monte Carlo simulations to estimate how much house gets...
Oldsport (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 04:43:14 PM

Why would someone want to release The Final Satoshi?

Because The Final Satoshi does not reset, the price will naturally only go up unless someone or a group of people interfere. While it is not profitable for one person to choose to release The Final Satoshi, it is profitable for a group of people that want an oppurtunity to buy in at a lower price to release The Final Satoshi. This is done by funding 15% of the Satoshi's current price. The current owner would receive 10% and the price of The Final Satoshi would be set to it's baseline of .1 BTC.
__
So say the Satoshi's price grows to 3 BTC and that's too expensive for you alone to buy it, but you want to buy in at a lower price. You can get a group of people to help raise 15% of this  (.45 BTC) thus resetting the price to the baseline of .1 and allowing room for entry for those who don't have large BTC wallets.

More can be found on the FAQ and How To Play pages on the site.

Oldsport (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 04:49:50 PM

I think 60% to house is quite fair, we have to earn money don't we? The 40% to the current holder is just more of a liability bonus. Although it's not neccessary for us to have done this we felt it would be quite nice for players to be able to earn extra BTC in addition to their predetermined 10%.

I think steal is worth if you afterwards release... but odds look quite small, like in many lottery systems...

Maybe I try to calculate some series systems, but while I am lazy, I could make some Monte Carlo simulations to estimate how much house gets...

This is all available on site in the "How to Play" section. Everything's clearly laid out and explained there.
House always earns 60% of unsuccessful steals, while the current owner owns 40%. In the case that a steal is successful house would earn nothing and the current owner would be the one to lose out.

Steal:

The only way the current owner of the Satoshi can lose his bet and profits is if another user plays the “steal” option and is successful. In order to attempt a steal you must fund a percentage of the current Satoshi price. The percentage you invest in a steal corresponds to the odds of you carrying it out successfully.

Example:

Pay 1.75% of the current Satoshi value for 1.32% odds of winning.

Pay 3.5% of the current Satoshi value for 2.64% odds of winning.

Pay 17.5% of the current Satoshi value for 13.2% odds of winning.

Pay 35% of the current Satoshi value for 26.4% odds of winning.

Pay 70% of the current Satoshi value for 52.8% odds of winning.

If you carry a steal out successfully you become the new owner of the Satoshi at its current price.

ubbe_mainer

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 04:54:05 PM

Yeap, insturction are clear, no problem. I also just realized that steal and release is not profitable for a single person (I do several things at the same time during days).
Oldsport (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 04:15:35 AM

Yeap, insturction are clear, no problem. I also just realized that steal and release is not profitable for a single person (I do several things at the same time during days).

Debatable. It's up to each player to find out!

Oldsport (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 02:18:05 PM

New update. Check it out!

kokojie
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 02:34:47 PM

The timer display has problems on firefox.

Oldsport (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 02:45:09 PM

Hey,

We've tried running the site on Firefox and had no issues. Please make sure your browser's updated or try viewing in an alternative browser.

kokojie
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 06:05:18 PM

Hey,

We've tried running the site on Firefox and had no issues. Please make sure your browser's updated or try viewing in an alternative browser.

The timer looks like this on my machine, I suspect it's due to we have different system font size or something:

Making the iframe higher and wider would resolve the issue for me at least.

Oldsport (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 06:07:28 PM

Hey,

The timer looks like this on my machine, I suspect it's due to we have different system font size or something:

May I ask what the zoom settings on your browser are?

kokojie
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 06:08:18 PM

Hey,

I'm at the default zoom on firefox, it works for me on chrome. On IE the height works, but width is still short.

Oldsport (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 06:18:20 PM

Hey,

I'm at the default zoom on firefox, it works for me on chrome. On IE the height works, but width is still short.

Hey,

Thanks for taking the time to alert us, we've updated it. Check it out and let us know if the issue has been fixed on your side.

kokojie
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 06:25:38 PM

Hey,

Thanks for taking the time to alert us, we've updated it. Check it out and let us know if the issue has been fixed on your side.

Thanks, works great for me now.

ubbe_mainer

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 09:01:19 PM

Sent transaction:

4ca708cd7840cda9e730b7736b3dc55261f6597850ddb7de2d54552c747fa0eb

Page is not locked and I did not get the dice, pleace process or refund:

1MNRDJhddEwLGnxCj8EXtnzk9RZjhys85z

Also, if I did something wrong, pleace elaborate?
Oldsport (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 10:29:33 PM

Sent transaction:

4ca708cd7840cda9e730b7736b3dc55261f6597850ddb7de2d54552c747fa0eb

Page is not locked and I did not get the dice, pleace process or refund:

1MNRDJhddEwLGnxCj8EXtnzk9RZjhys85z

Also, if I did something wrong, pleace elaborate?

Definitely weird. Seems like yours is the only one to have done that. My best guess is that your purchase timed out. The Final Satoshi is locked for two minutes after you click that buy button, so make sure you send payment in that time period. If you could PM me in detail exactly what you did when you purchased that'd be great. In the meantime, you've been fully refunded:

https://blockchain.info/tx/5d38643e50564ba82b2e09ad38ea1594e1a36cef79caca21b9c125cf179b762c

kokojie
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 01:44:38 AM

I think 25 minute confirmation time is rather short, as we have 1 hour blocks nearly every day. You should make it one hour, it won't affect anything I think, as soon as 1st confirmation is made, you can make the site available to buy in again anyway.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: