Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:07:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do government regulations REALLY mean for Bitcoin?  (Read 5161 times)
orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 01:56:50 AM

The attractiveness of BTC is the transparency.  It is relatively terrifying to understand that practically any observations of BTC's regulation are producing unnecessary terror within the BTC users. Rules and regulations are in access and the users will do best not to panic. It doesn't take to by that way.

I agree with this because most people probably don't know the extent of regulations that's why they are scared. People like the idea that no one controls Bitcoin so the idea of having regulations terrifies some users because they don't want the constraint. An advantage of Bitcoin that most users love is that its free from taxes, and regulations would take it away. Its best to learn and know about the scope of having laws and regulations for Bitcoin because there are both advantages and disadvantages to it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2017, 03:25:57 AM

So far, is there a clear regulation from the government?
I have not been able to conclude which government regulation is really meaningful for Bitcoin.
Perhaps there is from you an article that shows the government's regulation for Bitcoin?
Thanks
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 02:57:59 PM

There will be regulation in some countries, less so in others. Regardless of regulation though, it wont stop more than a few transactions being anonymous. People will resist. In some cases regulation will be needed to accelerate adoption.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 08:26:28 PM

I have not been able to conclude which government regulation is really meaningful for Bitcoin.
Perhaps there is from you an article that shows the government's regulation for Bitcoin?
Thanks
In some countries the laws are really messed up. The most messed up is probably this situation with money transmitting in the USA, as in some states you can be fined for not having a license, and in some other you can trade at will without one. Also they just can't handle these cases like civilised people, but invade people's homes, steal their stuff and treat them like criminals.
I'm happy that the laws in the EU aren't that crazy and you can trade coins without fear.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Zicadis
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Dump it!!!

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 11:02:16 PM

government regulations could most likely protect bitcoin users from scammers and all other ponzi schemes but i honestly think this would hurt bitcoin business more as they will be exposed to these regulations which might come with fees and make running of a business difficult...this could come out worse than paypal which has the seller protection, but with bitcoin one entity will always come short.
qwertyup23

Activity: 2240
Merit: 787

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 10:09:29 PM

Thanks
In some countries the laws are really messed up. The most messed up is probably this situation with money transmitting in the USA, as in some states you can be fined for not having a license, and in some other you can trade at will without one. Also they just can't handle these cases like civilised people, but invade people's homes, steal their stuff and treat them like criminals.
I'm happy that the laws in the EU aren't that crazy and you can trade coins without fear.

Actually my friend made a thesis about bitcoin stating all the advantage and disadvantage of it and they even interviewed the BSP (Central Bank) about the regulation of it and its illegality. But our central bank said that they consider bitcoin as property, not money thus not making it not legal tender. Due to this, our country recognizes its use and advantage to the people and also considering it as one of the mediums of exchange. There may be dangers for it like using it for a funding of criminal work but the government now does not see it as a potential THREAT YET.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
SixOfFive

Activity: 630
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 10:35:54 PM

No need to get fear from BTC regulation. It would be beneficial in long run, as there is no fear of banning it. Its price will constantly rise and Investors will get a great monetary benefits. Moreover Incidents like Frauds, thefts etc could easily tacked without much hindrance.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 11:40:23 PM

Unfortunatelly OP's link doesn't open anymore.

No need to get fear from BTC regulation. It would be beneficial in long run, as there is no fear of banning it. Its price will constantly rise and Investors will get a great monetary benefits. Moreover Incidents like Frauds, thefts etc could easily tacked without much hindrance.

They will tell you only the positive points about the regulamentation. Sooner they achieve what they want you will start seeing the real purposes behind this idea. Most people will be damaged by BTC regulamentation. It's good like it works now, it's not necessary to change anything, people who like bureaucracy should use fiat.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1520

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2017, 04:27:21 AM

regulation it's bad for bitcoin, it's only mean more restriction, i don't like it
Not necessarily. It is commode mistake to confuse regulation with control. These two concepts are not equal.
We need to have some sort of regulation to protect customers and regulate bitcoin based businesses.
Without some form of codified legal status of bitcoin companies mainstream adoption is impossible.
You can clearly see what is happening when there is no supervision - for example just take a look at recent huge cloud mining scam - HashOcean.

This. In my country cryptos are semi-regulated, they have been regulated only as far as users are concerned but not for exchanges. That hasn’t meant more restrictions, you can buy and sell as you wish, the same way as you could do before.

When exchanges are regulated, users will be better protected against scams. Although there will always be scams as well as users who break the law.
I think regulation will bring the other side of the coin: it will help massive adoption and that will come hand in hand with price increase.

mathuo 444

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

BitcoinTalk Manager

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 07:57:06 PM

Awesome article discussing cryptocurrency, Bitcoin and government regulations

http://patrickguy.ultimatepicturecollection.me/025053c7f467dd

Hope y'all get as much out of it as I did Smiley
Cheers
James

Post not work with  me + hope to verify of url Because i’m not see HTTPS on it

savushkinTA

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:14:23 PM

Most governments are 100% capable of regulating crypto use if they want. They can't eradicate black market use but by regulating bitcoin businesses and enacting laws against consumers they can absolutely curtail use to the point where it effectively disappears.
Argoo

Activity: 2268
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 03:21:02 AM

In any case, the states will establish their own rules for the circulation of the crypto currency in each country, whether we want it or not. It can not long ignore the crypto currency and its importance for the country's economy. Therefore, regulation will be unambiguous as it will be established profit tax on operations with crypto currency. This is generally a positive moment for the crypto currency, because in this case, state bodies, including judicial authorities, will have to respect and protect the rights of citizens when storing and using crypto currency. There is simply no other way to develop a crypto currency.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
denny27

Activity: 546
Merit: 101

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:37:06 AM

Thanks
yeah, that's same think with me, I didn't really know it yet about the obvious rules that were applied to bitcoin by the governments of a certain countries, was still seemed vague to me and had not been able to conclude it at all. Maybe we can take or reading more about it from the United States's government?, because the first country to legalize bitcoin is the United States.

lili song

Activity: 980
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 02:59:35 PM

For my country no any regulations yet. But in my country many young people invest bitcoin and learn bitcoin.
I get benefit after invest bitcoin, is not talked profit only. But we can help the government in economy side, especially unemployment.
I hope in the future, my country will legalized and regulations bitcoin !
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 03:24:27 PM

It is a form of taxing a business by virtue of the police power vested to the government. I think what the government would really like to do is to make money out of Bitcoins since it is undisputed that Bitcoins' value is elevating through time. On the other hand, as for regulatory measures, I cannot vouch on how they will do the execution since online businesses can hardly be put to regulation mainly because of its far-reaching nature.
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:13:17 PM

Government regulations may mean nothing for Bitcoins UNLESS they can get hold of a mechanism that can track down Bitcoin users and/or Bitcoin transactions. This is the only way you can be assured that there is indeed an effective execution of governmental regulations. Should these regulations be managed other than that on focusing on the online world, I highly doubt there will any be resolve on the matter on hand. Perhaps I strongly believe that effectively managing the facets of how Bitcoins work is the initial step to forestall further governmental violations.
Black_bl

Activity: 503
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:55:35 PM

regulation it's bad for bitcoin, it's only mean more restriction, i don't like it
Not necessarily. It is commode mistake to confuse regulation with control. These two concepts are not equal.
We need to have some sort of regulation to protect customers and regulate bitcoin based businesses.
Without some form of codified legal status of bitcoin companies mainstream adoption is impossible.
You can clearly see what is happening when there is no supervision - for example just take a look at recent huge cloud mining scam - HashOcean.
You are that regulation is not equal control. On the other hand we should not forget that if you regulate something tightly you can control it. I'm curious about what ideas will come from individual states. I hope that Japan will be headed and set up a reasonable form of regulation so that other states can inspire.
Klausi

Activity: 536
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 08:27:22 AM

No, Regulating the bitcoin and other digital currencies are not bad for the country but it will ensure the safety of the nation and its citizens by ensuring it will not be use in scams, crimes and other illegal activities such as Money laundering, drugs, weapons and exclusives that might put the people in danger. Some are against the regulation because they are selfish that they are only thinking of their reduced earnings because of taxation and not seeing the entire benefits for everyone in their place.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
DannaWonder

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 11:59:29 AM

Government regulations may mean nothing for Bitcoins UNLESS they can get hold of a mechanism that can track down Bitcoin users and/or Bitcoin transactions. This is the only way you can be assured that there is indeed an effective execution of governmental regulations. Should these regulations be managed other than that on focusing on the online world, I highly doubt there will any be resolve on the matter on hand. Perhaps I strongly believe that effectively managing the facets of how Bitcoins work is the initial step to forestall further governmental violations.

In order for the government to regulate the use of bitcoin is they need to go as deep as the block chain, they even need to get a record of all the transactions for them to regulate it. I can't see a way for the government to regulate bitcoin without removing its aspect of being decentralized, once they regulate it will be like other fiat currencies.
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 04:12:23 PM

Bitcoin could not be a vacuum unto itself therefore Bitcoin should not be construed like an island that can exist solely on its own and can disregard other entities that are also existing in the real world. We are not living in a dreamy world where we are the only one who can make the rules. Sad to say, there are still the governments we have to attend to and since we still need the fiat money where Bitcoin can be converted with we still also be dealing with financial institutions. and they have the rules we need to follow otherwise we can be declared as doing illegal things. Nobody does not want to go to jail just because he/she is involved with Bitcoin and not following the rules established by those in power. Reality bites, yes!

Regulations in exchange for allowing the conduct of the usual Bitcoin selling, trading and all the things in between, can indeed be better compared to the ban made by China last September. There is a need to compromise otherwise there is a possibility for clamping down the business and that is not something we all want to go though. Nobody in the Bitcoin community would want to have some sort of a struggle with the government (just like fighting a dictator or a deranged government). We are not desiring the creation of Bitcoin martyrs.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: