Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:30:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The DAO  (Read 3273 times)
stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2016, 04:40:59 PM

You can usually tell the people who don't get ethereum by how utterly retarded and gay they sound

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 05:55:58 PM

you really want to know what is this? isn't it obvious?

this is another great ico, yet scammy coin, for fish that will be pumped by bot and suck your portfolio until it's done

people here are only investing for profit, there is no project that really interest them, only bitcoin can survive this bitcoin it has actually some usage besides being only a simple tool for p&d

however this doen not mean that you might not take advantage of this and take your portion of profit from it

p.s. don't be fooled by its position on coinmarketcap, its easy to have a high position, when you have a ridiculous high supply like that, every coin with more than 100M in supply is a bad joke

btc also started just with traders, stfu.

btc has pow, not scammy ico, to invest with funny promise that will never be a thing

btc has actual usage vesides pointless p&d
LiberOptions

Activity: 412
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 06:29:54 PM

The DAO is still an experiment. My guess is that it is still too risky to invest a large amount on it. I want ot invest but not sure if its a good idea a this moment... I think that we will still see lower values for its price.

What do you guys think?
Next BillG

Activity: 431

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 01:03:00 PM

The DAO is still an experiment. My guess is that it is still too risky to invest a large amount on it. I want ot invest but not sure if its a good idea a this moment... I think that we will still see lower values for its price.

What do you guys think?

The performance of the DAO should be the same as conventional venture fund. The only difference is the decision procedure.
shyliar

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 01:35:49 PM

What do you guys think?

The performance of the DAO should be the same as conventional venture fund. The only difference is the decision procedure.

Another difference is a conventional venture fund is holding fiat to utilize for investment purposes. As it invests the value of that fiat remains stable and the value of the fund remains stable.

In the case of the DAO it is holding ETH which must be converted to fiat to utilize for investment purposes. As that ETH is sold off it's likely the value of ETH will decline. The remaining ETH in the DAO also declines in value relative to fiat and the value of the DAO declines.

The only thing that will prevent this is an increase in demand for ETH. I'm expecting mass marketing of DAO2 to begin soon.
densuj
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 01:41:32 PM

What is the deal with this? I have not read much about it, but i cant help but notice its position on coinmarketcap. Is this something people just use for speculative trading or are the actually useful for something?
The DAO is new coin the price is not yet stable, i think it is too dangerous for for trade the coin and it is just speculative. But it is just my opinion depend on you will trade it or not. Thanks
andreafs

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 01:58:59 PM

What do you guys think?

I wish The DAO framework will be used in applications not merely economic, like transparent national elections or referendum.
This world needs more honest procedures.
Ab-Soul

Activity: 647

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 08:02:40 PM

I'm gonna give you ELI5: It has voting futures for new projects. Investors put Ether to buy DAO and get voting right. If the project is accepted by voters (DAO holders), Ethers in the DAO will be used to fund that project.
And since the project will actually require fiat to operate those ETH will be sold thereby lowering ETH price and value of DAO. Unless a DAO2 is mass marketed to continue support of current price.
Thx. Smiley This was short and to the point. Smiley A very good explanation.  So. DAO for speculative trading for the most part. At least for most of us. Smiley

It doesn't have to be like that. Ethereum volume is already great, so it won't affect the price. I'm sure developers already think about problems regarding this and take measures.

▄██▄
          ▄██▀▀██▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██▄
      ▄██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▄
    ▄██▀  ▄██▀▀██▄  ▀██▄
  ▄██▀  ▄██▀    ▀██▄  ▀██▄
▄██▀  ▄██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▄  ▀██▄
▀██▄▄██▀  ▄██▀▀██▄  ▀██▄▄██▀
  ███▀  ▄██▀    ▀██▄  ▀███
▄██▀▀████▀        ▀████▀▀██▄
▀██▄▄████▄        ▄████▄▄██▀
  ███▄  ▀██▄    ▄██▀  ▄███
▄██▀▀██▄  ▀██▄▄██▀  ▄██▀▀██▄
▀██▄  ▀██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▀  ▄██▀
  ▀██▄  ▀██▄    ▄██▀  ▄██▀
    ▀██▄  ▀██▄▄██▀  ▄██▀
      ▀██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██▀
          ▀██▄▄██▀
            ▀██▀
DAOstack
     ██
    ██
   ██ 
  ██  ███
 ██  █████
██  ███████
 ██  █████
  ██  ███
   ██ 
    ██
     ██
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ◆ ◆ ◆  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
.COMPLETE TOOLS FOR DECENTRALIZED COLLABORATION AT SCALE.

██
     ██
   █  ██
  ███  ██
 █████  ██
███████  ██
 █████  ██
  ███  ██
   █  ██
     ██
    ██

▄███▄
▄███████▄
▄███████████▄
▄███████████████▄
▄████     █▀████████▄
▄██████  ██ █  ▀████████▄
▄████████  ▄▄ █    ▀████████▄
▄██████████  ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▄
▀██████████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███████▀
▀██████  ▀▀▀▀▀     █████▀
▀████            ███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀███████████▀
▀███████▀
▀███▀

▄███▄
▄███████▄
▄███████████▄
▄███████████████▄
▄█████████████▀▀▀███▄
▄█████████▀▀▀      █████▄
▄█████▀▀▀       ▄    ███████▄
▄████▄         ▄█▀    ██████████▄
▀███████▄    ▄█▀      ██████████▀
▀████████▄█▀       █████████▀
▀████████  ▄     ███████▀
▀██████ ███▄  ██████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀███████████▀
▀███████▀
▀███▀
▄███▄
▄███████▄
▄███████████▄
▄███████████████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀████▄
▄████ ▀███████     ▀▄███▄
▄██████   ▀▀█▀▀      ▄██████▄
▄█████████              ████████▄
████████████             ██████████
▀███████████▄          █████████▀
▀█████████▀        ▄████████▀
▀███▀▀        ▄▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀███████████▀
▀███████▀
▀███▀
Next BillG

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 07:42:06 AM

What do you guys think?

I wish The DAO framework will be used in applications not merely economic, like transparent national elections or referendum.

Is there any company developing the poll/election system based on the Ethereum? That could be a good application.
karmenali

Activity: 896
Merit: 515

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 10:04:55 AM

Price still stable 0.00022
CryR

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

kcin obazs

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 01:02:37 PM

stable I don't like this word Roll Eyes Undecided
janggernaut
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1130

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 01:28:03 PM

stable is better than down  Cheesy, im bought DAO when @22k sat, hope the price of DAO will up because i see so many people got attracts with DAO.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 01:54:56 PM

Do you think guys dao have a good future or this project have a potencial to grow?
Looks like many people are now complaining about dao.. and they are supporting it..
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 02:37:57 PM

So the new normal is write 2080 lines of code (less code than I write in a week) and raise $168 million or don't write any code and use someone else's code and raise $15 million:

Just stay away if you're not invested or slowly sell them without upsetting the price if you're holding them. You are missing the opportunity to invest in other more profitable prospects. Looking at github they have been working on these projects but without any solid results yet. So it might better to wait until they have something to show for and check of their assets are worth to invest in.

Such as Waves which apparently raised $15 million for vaporware and selling a crowdsale pitching IOHK's open source code (and which jl777 was said to be advisor):

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1504381.msg15138357#msg15138357

And Lisk which raised $10 million apparently still has problems in the functioning of the wallet:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1504381.msg15139560#msg15139560

Or The DAO which raised $168 million with only 2080 lines of sol code:

https://github.com/slockit/DAO

Seems these days it is better to be good at marketing and selling ideas than actual code that is stable and ready for the launch.
twostepsally

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 02:59:45 PM

What do you guys think?

Not a chance.

I invested my money in thedao to make money not for some social agenda.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 03:04:53 PM

If I just wanted to speculate, I would rather put money on XCP and not on DAO. Im considering it, but I admit im not sure enough about it yet, so do your research.
raphma

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 03:18:53 PM

Not everybody knows everything about all the crypto currencies/tokens.

yes,nobody knows everything about all the crypto currencies/tokens but isnt just a crypto currencies/token.... it's the biggest crowdfunding project ever so even people that doesnt know sh*t about that market have heard about DAO...

Anyway,
It's in consolidation right now.. no big moves so it's the right time do some search and buy a few if you liked.

If I just wanted to speculate, I would rather put money on XCP and not on DAO. Im considering it, but I admit im not sure enough about it yet, so do your research.
me too, DAO is a good project but as an investment doesnt sounds good. there are better ones.
BellaBitBit

Activity: 756

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 04:28:09 PM

stable is better than down  Cheesy, im bought DAO when @22k sat, hope the price of DAO will up because i see so many people got attracts with DAO.

The price has been stable now since launch.  Stable is good IMO because it indicates that there is something of significance to it.  I predict it will continue to be stable-ish for awhile as people wait to see what becomes of this concept of a Decentralized Corporation/Organization.

I love Bitcoin
Next BillG

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 02:59:27 PM

The price has been stable now since launch.  Stable is good IMO because it indicates that there is something of significance to it.  I predict it will continue to be stable-ish for awhile as people wait to see what becomes of this concept of a Decentralized Corporation/Organization.

It is not very surprising that the price is stable. All the Ethereum has not been spent as no investment has been made.
CryR

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

kcin obazs

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 10:23:30 PM

Sure, better than down Tongue
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: