Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:19:12 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Building headless Bitcoin and Bitcoin-qt on Windows  (Read 419327 times)
old c coder

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 10:27:29 PM

You need to install mingw-get-inst-20120426 with pre packaged repositories
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/Installer/mingw-get-inst/mingw-get-inst-20120426/

As Yogi Berra once said: "It's deja vu all over again!" See message #1! The first link in step 1.1 is that link! I referenced it in message #102,
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=149479.msg2729273#msg2729273 from 3 days ago.

I'm happy with my windows "environment". I merrily make changes and just do the one compile (make) line for bitcoind or bitcoin-qt.

BTW, I offered Gavin
https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/2290
for a more "deterministic" build. Works for me! I can now change variable/function/method/member names and produce the same .exe binaries! Unfortunately If I move a global definition from one file to another, the .exe binary changes, and if I remove an unused/uncalled/unreferenced function (yes there is at least one!), the binary .exe changes, so no "joy" there.

Ron

LTC: LUYiMVsrFQewUSPDasSKGzhyTPAkiTeSov BTC: 1DPvP6WoZzaNQ9Nxzd64hjYad1kyQzTTbx YAC: Y3ZggXDvnRJaRwtVGyGJwt6DMLN3EPQpQf 
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.  Paul Cezanne
nitrogenetics (OP)

Activity: 131
Merit: 108

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 03:34:04 PM

%CD%\configure.bat -prefix %CD%\qtbase -debug-and-release -developer-build -opensource -confirm-license -c++11 -opengl desktop -platform win32-g++ -qt-pcre -nomake demos -nomake examples -nomake tests -no-vcproj -no-strip -sse2 -sse3 -ssse3 -sse4.1 -sse4.2 -avx -avx2 -openssl -no-dbus -no-audio-backend -no-style-windowsce -no-style-windowsmobile

I confirm bitcoin-qt (latest from master branch) compiles successfully with gcc-x32-4.8.1-release-posix-dwarf-rev2.
You can build qt 5.1 libraries without icu and openssl.

After installing and adding to path Strawberry Perl 5.18, Python 2.7 and Ruby 2.0 I configured qt as follows
Code:
cd C:\Qt\5.1.0
if not exist qtbase\.gitignore type nul>qtbase\.gitignore
configure -release -opensource -confirm-license -make libs -opengl desktop -qt-zlib -no-icu -no-vcproj -no-openssl

Had to disable ipv6, or it would complain like this:
Code:
..\bitcoin-master\src\net.cpp:1601:87: error: invalid conversion from 'void*' to 'const char*' [-fpermissive]
         setsockopt(hListenSocket, IPPROTO_IPV6, IPV6_V6ONLY, (void*)&nOne, sizeof(int));
                                                                                       ^
In file included from ../bitcoin-master/src/compat.h:15:0,
                 from ../bitcoin-master/src/netbase.h:11,
                 from ../bitcoin-master/src/util.h:30,
                 from ../bitcoin-master/src/bignum.h:12,
                 from ../bitcoin-master/src/chainparams.h:9,
                 from ..\bitcoin-master\src\net.cpp:6:
c:/mingw32/i686-w64-mingw32/include/winsock2.h:990:34: error:   initializing argument 4 of 'int setsockopt(SOCKET, int, int, const char*, int)' [-fpermissive]

BTC: 1NWQ4TarCCC7j1XY26KRFFEtLYbPP6S3DH
XRP: rJkbeyRaUYDmcukEyLYVfn56QDM9VhybZG
Diapolo

Activity: 769
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 07:27:00 PM

%CD%\configure.bat -prefix %CD%\qtbase -debug-and-release -developer-build -opensource -confirm-license -c++11 -opengl desktop -platform win32-g++ -qt-pcre -nomake demos -nomake examples -nomake tests -no-vcproj -no-strip -sse2 -sse3 -ssse3 -sse4.1 -sse4.2 -avx -avx2 -openssl -no-dbus -no-audio-backend -no-style-windowsce -no-style-windowsmobile

I confirm bitcoin-qt (latest from master branch) compiles successfully with gcc-x32-4.8.1-release-posix-dwarf-rev2.
You can build qt 5.1 libraries without icu and openssl.

After installing and adding to path Strawberry Perl 5.18, Python 2.7 and Ruby 2.0 I configured qt as follows
Code:
cd C:\Qt\5.1.0
if not exist qtbase\.gitignore type nul>qtbase\.gitignore
configure -release -opensource -confirm-license -make libs -opengl desktop -qt-zlib -no-icu -no-vcproj -no-openssl

Had to disable ipv6, or it would complain like this:
Code:
..\bitcoin-master\src\net.cpp:1601:87: error: invalid conversion from 'void*' to 'const char*' [-fpermissive]
         setsockopt(hListenSocket, IPPROTO_IPV6, IPV6_V6ONLY, (void*)&nOne, sizeof(int));
                                                                                       ^
In file included from ../bitcoin-master/src/compat.h:15:0,
                 from ../bitcoin-master/src/netbase.h:11,
                 from ../bitcoin-master/src/util.h:30,
                 from ../bitcoin-master/src/bignum.h:12,
                 from ../bitcoin-master/src/chainparams.h:9,
                 from ..\bitcoin-master\src\net.cpp:6:
c:/mingw32/i686-w64-mingw32/include/winsock2.h:990:34: error:   initializing argument 4 of 'int setsockopt(SOCKET, int, int, const char*, int)' [-fpermissive]

I don't seem to need Ruby to build Qt, don't even know what that is for ^^. I'm using ActivePerl and Python 2.7.5.
That compilation error can be fixed by my pull here: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/2826

Do you have an idea, why I can't seem to use -openssl-linked to build Qt 5.1 I have no clue and tried "everything".

Dia

Dia

Liked my former work for Bitcoin Core? Drop me a donation via:
1PwnvixzVAKnAqp8LCV8iuv7ohzX2pbn5x
bitcoin:1PwnvixzVAKnAqp8LCV8iuv7ohzX2pbn5x?label=Diapolo
nitrogenetics (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 03:28:06 PM

Ruby seems to be required to build QtWebKit, so it's not needed.

I compiled shared openssl libraries and then configured qt with -openssl-linked. It built with no problems, the generated bitcoin-qt asks for ssleay32.dll and libeay32.dll if it doesn't find them.

However, it's not clear to me what -openssl-linked really does. Here is an interesting comment I found on qt project forums:
Using -openssl-linked does not make openssl statically linked. What it does is switch from using dlopen() and dlsym() to load and call the openssl library and instead uses the normal dynamic linker. Using this option means that issues such as binary compatibility of the openssl library need to be handled or avoided, whereas the default of using dlopen() allows Qt to work around binary compatibility issues in openssl.

Diapolo

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 04:56:35 PM

Ruby seems to be required to build QtWebKit, so it's not needed.

I compiled shared openssl libraries and then configured qt with -openssl-linked. It built with no problems, the generated bitcoin-qt asks for ssleay32.dll and libeay32.dll if it doesn't find them.

However, it's not clear to me what -openssl-linked really does. Here is an interesting comment I found on qt project forums:
Using -openssl-linked does not make openssl statically linked. What it does is switch from using dlopen() and dlsym() to load and call the openssl library and instead uses the normal dynamic linker. Using this option means that issues such as binary compatibility of the openssl library need to be handled or avoided, whereas the default of using dlopen() allows Qt to work around binary compatibility issues in openssl.

Can you post the command-line you used for building OpenSSL? I really would like to find out, why that -openssl-linked is giving me errors :-/.
I've been building OpenSSL 1.0.1e with Configure --prefix=$PWD/dist no-idea no-mdc2 no-rc5 shared mingw like mentioned here:
https://qt-project.org/wiki/Compiling-OpenSSL-with-MinGW

Are we still talking about my command-line from above or yours for building Qt?

Dia

nitrogenetics (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 05:27:26 PM

Openssl configured as follows from MSYS (I use msys-perl from MSYS as strawberry perl behaved strangely while configuring openssl)
Code:
Configure shared mingw
make

Added LIB and INCLUDE environment variables (I added them via control panel, but doing it from cmd should be exactly the same)
Code:
set INCLUDE=C:\deps\openssl-1.0.1e\include
set LIB=C:\deps\openssl-1.0.1e

Configured qt as follows
Code:
configure -release -opensource -confirm-license -make libs -opengl desktop -qt-zlib -no-icu -no-vcproj -openssl-linked
mingw32-make

Then removed LIB and INCLUDE environment variables and built the project.

I also had a look at compiling a statically linked version of the executable, it works but there is no spinner shown while downloading blocks  Huh
If you want to give it a try you need to compile qt statically

Code:
configure -release -static -opensource -confirm-license -make libs -opengl desktop -qt-zlib -no-icu -no-vcproj -no-openssl
mingw32-make

Set LIB and INCLUDE environment variables
Code:
set INCLUDE=C:\Qt\5.1.0\qtbase\include
set LIB=C:\Qt\5.1.0\qtbase\lib

Then edit bitcoin-qt.pro by adding
Code:
CONFIG += static

And edit QMAKE_LFLAGS by adding the -static flag
Code:
win32:QMAKE_LFLAGS *= -Wl,--large-address-aware -static

Then build from cmd or qt creator

Gavin Andresen
Legendary
qt

Activity: 1652
Merit: 2222

Chief Scientist

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 06:17:11 AM

I spent a bunch of time getting the mingw-cross-compiled Qt compiled with -openssl-linked for the payment protocol work (it uses QtNetwork to fetch PaymentRequest/PaymentACK messages via https).

The magic configure incantation was:
  # Compile static libraries, and use statically linked openssl (-openssl-linked):
  OPENSSL_LIBS="-L$DEPSDIR/openssl-1.0.1c -lssl -lcrypto -lgdi32" ./configure -prefix $INSTDIR -I $DEPSDIR/openssl-1.0.1c/include  -confirm-license -release -opensource -static -no-qt3support -xplatform unsupported/win32-g++-cross -no-multimedia -no-audio-backend -no-phonon -no-phonon-backend -no-declarative -no-script -no-scripttools -no-javascript-jit -no-webkit -no-svg -no-xmlpatterns -no-sql-sqlite -no-nis -no-cups -no-iconv -no-dbus -no-gif -no-libtiff -no-opengl -nomake examples -nomake demos -nomake docs -no-feature-style-plastique -no-feature-style-cleanlooks -no-feature-style-motif -no-feature-style-cde -no-feature-style-windowsce -no-feature-style-windowsmobile -no-feature-style-s60 -openssl-linked

Nothing special needed to be done for the openssl build:

./Configure --cross-compile-prefix=i586-mingw32msvc- mingw

The payment protocol code add a couple more depedencies to Bitcoin-Qt:

+ QtNetwork with OpenSSL support
+ Google's protocol buffer library and compiler.

How often do you get the chance to work on a potentially world-changing project?
Diapolo

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 01:59:12 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2013, 03:11:00 PM by Diapolo

Thanks Gavin, I saw how you did the Qt build in the pull-req but it seems I'm at least unable to build a debug version of Qt with -openssl-linked, will try a -release only version.

Edit: Seems the release version compiles just fine currently... yeah, finished.

Dia

forsetifox

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 02:12:58 AM

Thanks for the excellent guide.

Got stuck in a mingw prompt while trying to make boost but I figured it out. XD

Smiley
Vitalicus

Activity: 467
Merit: 100

DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 11:26:15 PM

C:\bitcoin>mingw32-make -f Makefile.Release                                    
cd C:/bitcoin/src/leveldb && CC=gcc CXX=g++ TARGET_OS=OS_WINDOWS_CROSSCOMPILE mingw32-make OPT="-pipe -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -O2" libleveldb.a libmemenv.a && ranlib C:/bitcoin/src/leveldb/libleveldb.a && ranlib C:/bitcoin/src/leveldb/libmemenv.a                                                                              
CC: oшибкa: =gcc: No such file or directory                                    
CC: oшибкa: CXX=g++: No such file or directory                                  
CC: oшибкa: TARGET_OS=OS_WINDOWS_CROSSCOMPILE: No such file or directory        
CC: oшибкa: mingw32-make: No such file or directory                            
CC: oшибкa: OPT=-pipe -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -O2: No such file or directory        
mingw32-make: *** [c:/bitcoin/src/leveldb/libleveldb.a] Error 1                

Why I recive this error on qt compilling ?

old c coder

Activity: 260

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2013, 12:57:25 PM

cd C:/bitcoin/src/leveldb && CC=gcc CXX=g++ TARGET_OS=OS_WINDOWS_CROSSCOMPILE mingw32-make OPT="-pipe -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -O2" libleveldb.a libmemenv.a && ranlib C:/bitcoin/src/leveldb/libleveldb.a && ranlib C:/bitcoin/src/leveldb/libmemenv.a                                                                             

If the errors are true, and the OS can't find G++ and mingw32-make, then it would seem that the path you should have made in nitrogenetics message #1, step 1.3 no longer exists on your system, for whatever reason.

Ron

LTC: LUYiMVsrFQewUSPDasSKGzhyTPAkiTeSov BTC: 1DPvP6WoZzaNQ9Nxzd64hjYad1kyQzTTbx YAC: Y3ZggXDvnRJaRwtVGyGJwt6DMLN3EPQpQf 
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.  Paul Cezanne
nitrogenetics (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 05:24:49 PM

Make sure you build leveldb from a msys shell then comment out genleveldb.commands from bitcoin-qt.pro  Wink

GröBkAz

Activity: 854

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 03:24:41 PM

Thanks for your tutorial! Everything works fantastic except point 4. Setup Qt 4.8.5 and compile Bitcoin-qt. After I add the dependency library locations:

# Dependency library locations can be customized with:
#    BOOST_INCLUDE_PATH, BOOST_LIB_PATH, BDB_INCLUDE_PATH,
#    BDB_LIB_PATH, OPENSSL_INCLUDE_PATH and OPENSSL_LIB_PATH respectively

BOOST_LIB_SUFFIX=-mgw46-mt-sd-1_54
BOOST_INCLUDE_PATH=C:\deps\boost_1_54_0
BOOST_LIB_PATH=C:\deps\boost_1_54_0\stage\lib
BDB_INCLUDE_PATH=C:\deps\db-4.8.30.NC\build_unix
BDB_LIB_PATH=C:\deps\db-4.8.30.NC\build_unix
OPENSSL_INCLUDE_PATH=C:\deps\openssl-1.0.1e\include
OPENSSL_LIB_PATH=C:\deps\openssl-1.0.1e

I receive after “qmake "USE_UPNP=-" bitcoin-qt.pro”:

C:\Coin\bitcoin-master>qmake "USE_UPNP=-" bitcoin-qt.pro
WARNING: c:\Coin\bitcoin-master\bitcoin-qt.pro:24: Unescaped backslashes are dep
recated.
Project MESSAGE: Building without UPNP support
Removed plural forms as the target language has less forms.
If this sounds wrong, possibly the target language is not set or recognized.
WARNING: c:\Coin\bitcoin-master\bitcoin-qt.pro:24: Unescaped backslashes are dep
recated.
recated.

Line 24 is: BOOST_INCLUDE_PATH=C:\deps\boost_1_54_0

If I change the \ to / I receive just the errors “Removed plural forms as the target language has less forms. If this sounds wrong, possibly the target language is not set or recognized.”

Then I try: C:\Coin\bitcoin-master>mingw32-make -f Makefile.Release

cd C:/Coin/bitcoin-master/src/leveldb && CC=gcc CXX=g++ TARGET_OS=OS_WINDOWS
SSCOMPILE mingw32-make OPT="-pipe -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -O2" libleveldb.a libm
v.a && ranlib C:/Coin/bitcoin-master/src/leveldb/libleveldb.a && ranlib C:/C
bitcoin-master/src/leveldb/libmemenv.a
CC: Fehler: =gcc: No such file or directory
CC: Fehler: CXX=g++: No such file or directory
CC: Fehler: TARGET_OS=OS_WINDOWS_CROSSCOMPILE: No such file or directory
CC: Fehler: mingw32-make: No such file or directory
CC: Fehler: OPT=-pipe -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -O2: No such file or directory
mingw32-make: *** [c:/Coin/bitcoin-master/src/leveldb/libleveldb.a] Error 1

Have somebody an idea what’s going wrong? Thanks!!!!!
Vitalicus

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 09:10:03 PM

For Litecoin compile, this dependens will be ok ?
What need to change to compile litecoin ?

Vitalicus

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 09:25:31 PM

On litecoin-qt.pro add this
windows:LIBS += -lshlwapi
 LIBS += $$join(BOOST_LIB_PATH,,-L,) $$join(BDB_LIB_PATH,,-L,) $$join(OPENSSL_LIB_PATH,,-L,) $$join(QRENCODE_LIB_PATH,,-L,)
 LIBS += -lssl -lcrypto -ldb_cxx$$BDB_LIB_SUFFIX
 windows:LIBS += -lws2_32 -lole32 -loleaut32 -luuid -lgdi32
LIBS += -lboost_system-mgw46-mt-sd-1_54 -lboost_filesystem-mgw46-mt-sd-1_54 -lboost_program_options-mgw46-mt-sd-1_54 -lboost_thread-mgw46-mt-sd-1_54

But not work yet Sad

GröBkAz

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 09:55:29 PM

Incredible how hard is it to compilie a litecoin or bitcoin waltet on windows Undecided
phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1020

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 10:22:14 PM

Incredible how hard is it to compilie a litecoin or bitcoin waltet on windows Undecided
Does not have to be. Check out: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252931 [ANN] EasyWinBuilder - The Easy Way to Build Bitcoin on Windows

I would like to get some feedback.

@nitrogenetics: Please let me know here or by pm if you mind me trolling your thread with EasyWinBuilder stuff
Vitalicus

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 10:49:56 AM

Have you a EasyWinBuilder for Litecoin ?

GröBkAz

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 12:31:35 PM

I also would be interessted in a toutorial or someting else to build the litecoin client on windows. I try it according to:

The Windows build instructions:

-  Download the Qt Windows SDK and install it. You don't need the Symbian stuff, just the desktop Qt.
  -  Download and extract the dependencies archive [1], or compile openssl, boost and dbcxx yourself.
  -  Copy the contents of the folder "deps" to "X:\QtSDK\mingw", replace X:\ with the location where you installed the Qt SDK. Make sure that the contents of "deps\include" end up in the current    "include" directory.
  -  Open the bitcoin-qt.pro file in Qt Creator and build as normal (ctrl-B)

But this dindt work. I've tried it with the QT Creator 5.1.0

Please Help someone
Diapolo

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 01:06:37 PM

Thanks for your tutorial! Everything works fantastic except point 4. Setup Qt 4.8.5 and compile Bitcoin-qt. After I add the dependency library locations:

# Dependency library locations can be customized with:
#    BOOST_INCLUDE_PATH, BOOST_LIB_PATH, BDB_INCLUDE_PATH,
#    BDB_LIB_PATH, OPENSSL_INCLUDE_PATH and OPENSSL_LIB_PATH respectively

I receive after “qmake "USE_UPNP=-" bitcoin-qt.pro”:

C:\Coin\bitcoin-master>qmake "USE_UPNP=-" bitcoin-qt.pro
recated.
recated.
recated.

Line 24 is: BOOST_INCLUDE_PATH=C:\deps\boost_1_54_0

If I change the \ to / I receive just the errors “Removed plural forms as the target language has less forms. If this sounds wrong, possibly the target language is not set or recognized.”

Then I try: C:\Coin\bitcoin-master>mingw32-make -f Makefile.Release

cd C:/Coin/bitcoin-master/src/leveldb && CC=gcc CXX=g++ TARGET_OS=OS_WINDOWS
SSCOMPILE mingw32-make OPT="-pipe -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -O2" libleveldb.a libm
v.a && ranlib C:/Coin/bitcoin-master/src/leveldb/libleveldb.a && ranlib C:/C
bitcoin-master/src/leveldb/libmemenv.a
CC: Fehler: =gcc: No such file or directory
CC: Fehler: CXX=g++: No such file or directory
CC: Fehler: TARGET_OS=OS_WINDOWS_CROSSCOMPILE: No such file or directory
CC: Fehler: mingw32-make: No such file or directory
CC: Fehler: OPT=-pipe -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -O2: No such file or directory
mingw32-make: *** [c:/Coin/bitcoin-master/src/leveldb/libleveldb.a] Error 1

Have somebody an idea what’s going wrong? Thanks!!!!!

That warning can be fixed by using double-backslashes so C:\deps\boost_1_54_0 becomes C:\\deps\\boost_1_54_0. The problem you ran into is the LevelDB build, which you need to be doing via MinGW shell and have to comment out that part in the .pro file.

Dia

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: