Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:32:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dead Gorilla  (Read 1870 times)
zenitzz

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 12:24:14 AM

It's an unfortunate incident all the way around and so tragic that Harambe was killed. In fact You can't risk it, we can't have a killer gorilla. The parents of this child need to be held accountable.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WaffleMaster

Activity: 966
Merit: 546

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 01:06:39 AM

Funny how a story spins around I bet you could set up a go fund me for the gorillas family right now and get donations.
LOL so true. The poor Gorilla really didn't do anything to get its life ended, it was just a freak accident and lead to it dying. Is it fair? No, it isn't. But these people being ignorantly racist against whites are a bigger problem than a kid falling into a gorilla cage.
gagalady
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 01:10:38 AM

It's a sad event but animal life shouldn't be prioritize over human.
otrkid70

Activity: 920
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 01:15:47 AM

There should be NO Zoos...Animals are not here for us to put on Exhibit for our own pleasure.  They share the planet with us and just trying to survive as with any other creature.

The childs parents are to blame.  A beautiful creature died because of Careless human behavior.

Someday only pictures of such amazing creatures will be the only proof of the Existence of such an amazing Primate.

We are to blame!
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 02:35:12 AM

There should be NO Zoos...Animals are not here for us to put on Exhibit for our own pleasure.  They share the planet with us and just trying to survive as with any other creature.

Can't agree with your statement. Zoos generate significant revenues, which are then used for protecting the wild population. In addition to that, zoos teach the younger generation about the need to conserve the wildlife. Also, almost all of the zoo animals were born in captivity. They have near zero chances of survival in the wild. 
protokol
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 04:33:14 AM

This idea that a animal is worth more than a human being is something that has been building momentum in the last say 20 years.

At least in this case, the life of the animal was worth much more than the life of the human being. There are more than 7 billion human beings in the world, and on average 200,000 of them die every day. On the other hand, there are only a few tens of thousands of western lowland gorillas remaining in the world. In short, the life of this living being:

is worth much more than the life of these subhumans:

Nice logic there, so your point is basically the less individual organisms that exist in the world, the more their life is worth?

So I guess you would agree that, as an example, smallpox virus is worth more than most other organisms on the planet? You would sacrifice humans to save the smallpox virus?

In my opinion, the number of organisms is an overly simplified crude argument, we should look at a more philosophical idea of the cognitive/emotional capacity of animals and also of our obligation as a civilised human society to protect our own kind.

I would have preferred if they'd used tranquilizers, but they made the decision to kill the gorilla to save a human, in case the tranquilizers took to long to work and the human died as a result. True, the gorilla is an excpetionally intelligent animal, but a human is worth more in my opinion.

This is a very sad situation, but I believe they made the right choice. Your poor "numbers" argument is flawed.
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2016, 07:32:33 AM

If you're sad that the Gorilla died, don't be.
Death is always natural in the animal realm and is never feared or avoided. The cause of death is of no importance whatsoever to animals, whether through experiments in a lab or naturally in a forest.
You have your tears and a world you choose to be part of. They have a world you're not part of and they don't have tears.
checkmatesir

Activity: 584
Merit: 100

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 07:34:44 AM

Death is always natural in the animal realm and is never feared or avoided. The cause of death is of no importance whatsoever to animals, whether through experiments in a lab or naturally in a forest.
You have your tears and a world you choose to be part of. They have a world you're not part of and they don't have tears.

Well i hate to agree to you because u got your point. i hope there never be another incident related to like this.

protokol
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 01:29:10 PM

Nice post, you've hit the philosophical nail on the head here I think, and the irony of an army of people protesting the death of the gorilla.

The reason everyone is so upset, is because they have the high-level emotional and cognitive capacity to "care" about other beings, in a way that other animals cannot. There's a strong philosophical argument that this empathy and intelligence makes a human life worth more than that of other animals.
StoreBit

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 05:44:43 PM

I think animal are animal they should be compare to human. I think the life of human are more socialize and indeed is . so I think gorilla are just like human but they are actually not.
yesiam6

Activity: 1036
Merit: 520

1KoMmKPMG6xaWcqB8CPP3WJ8avRSVRHtP2

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 06:10:55 PM

I cant really understand this outrage
For me a human life is worth more than the life of an animal

___   __    ______     
/__/\ /__/\ /_____/\   
\::\_\\  \ \\:::_ \ \   
 \:. `-\  \ \\:\ \ \ \ 
  \:. _    \ \\:\ \ \ \
   \. \`-\  \ \\:\_\ \ \
    \__\/ \__\/ \_____\/
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 02:51:13 AM

Agreed. Human life is worth more than the life of an animal. But that is not the issue here. The human life (the boy) was not in danger, as evident from the various videos and images posted to the social media. The gorilla was trying to protect the kid, and the zoo authorities decided to kill him instead of sedating with a quick-acting tranquilizer dart.
btcbunny

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 03:06:20 AM

A very beautiful and innocent gorila has to die because of negligency of the parents its very pathetic  Cry
groll

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 07:30:20 AM

I sincerely felt bad for the gorilla.  He is just there inside the cage, doing his own thing.  And then there is the kid who crawled to take the doll.  The gorilla as if like protecting this kid,  but why they just shot him like that.  Don't they have tranquilizer for this kind of animal?  And to the mom of this kid, what she's doing and thinking, she's with the child and she should take care of him.  Another loss of innocent animal.
protokol
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 10:20:26 PM

Agreed. Human life is worth more than the life of an animal. But that is not the issue here. The human life (the boy) was not in danger, as evident from the various videos and images posted to the social media. The gorilla was trying to protect the kid, and the zoo authorities decided to kill him instead of sedating with a quick-acting tranquilizer dart.

So you would have known that for sure if you were there right? That the gorilla wouldn't have killed the kid, 100%?

"bryant.coleman - Gorilla Whisperer"
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 04:31:13 AM

I sincerely felt bad for the gorilla.  He is just there inside the cage, doing his own thing.  And then there is the kid who crawled to take the doll.  The gorilla as if like protecting this kid,  but why they just shot him like that.  Don't they have tranquilizer for this kind of animal?  And to the mom of this kid, what she's doing and thinking, she's with the child and she should take care of him.  Another loss of innocent animal.

The zoo authorities had some silly excuse like they ran out of tranquilizer or the tranq was not a quick-acting one... IMO, the authorities should have been charged with intentionally murdering an endangered animal. And still, 90% of the blame lies with the parents. They must pay the compensation, and the money must be used in protecting the gorilla habitations in Africa.
xht

Activity: 462

hey you, yeah you, fuck you!!!

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 07:09:37 AM

The zoo authorities had some silly excuse like they ran out of tranquilizer or the tranq was not a quick-acting one... IMO, the authorities should have been charged with intentionally murdering an endangered animal. And still, 90% of the blame lies with the parents. They must pay the compensation, and the money must be used in protecting the gorilla habitations in Africa.
I think the use of tranquilizers on animals must have a special permit even though the reason they terhilat ridiculous actually that should be of concern is parental supervision to their children when take them out of the house.

Mayuyu48

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 08:47:54 AM

Real unfortunate incident. I'm surprised how a zoo has no tranquilizers, loss of life wasn't necessary. It was carelessness on the mothers part and the zoos part too that costed a precious life.

Cresciuanto

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 12:31:01 PM

yes am agree with you. but i think we cannot believe on wild animal. they cannot be closed to human. they are not trust-able. in one time they may be closed to you but on other time they can hurt you. so be careful. and i think the zoo management should take positive step to control the access of any thing to these fences.
SourThunder

Activity: 196

:)

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 12:34:31 PM

I am really moved. How inhuman can they be? Shame on them. They should die themselves by hanging from a fan but omg! they only have a table fan

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ OROCOIN ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
" The first cryptocurrency with block rewards creatively and uniquely pegged to the rice of gold. "
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ Visit Our TwitterWebsiteANN Thread & SLACK ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: