Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:16:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: You are in the Gambling section. You are likely to eventually lose any money that you gamble/"invest". Additionally, moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Do not gamble more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: TinderBTC (claims 0.1% profit per hour on btc investment): Scam or Legit?  (Read 2477 times)
ron7684 (OP)

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 05:57:26 AM
Last edit: November 18, 2016, 10:07:46 AM by ron7684

?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Divinespark

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 06:07:50 AM

It's a scam. The only forms of passive, non-p2p lending, schemes that (maybe) aren't are when you do margin lending to traders through a respected exchange.

.AMEPAY..
█  FAST
█  CONVENIENT
█  SECURE
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
||$600,000
worth of AME
!
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 06:15:10 AM

I saw an advertisement for TinderBTC as a comment on a facebook post by Trezor. I'd like to know if anyone here has heard of them or invested yet.

They advertise a 0.1% per hour return with a minimum investment of 1 satoshi. This works out to 72% per 30 days (or 103.7% if compounded daily). It looks like they take a 5% cut immediately (determined by using their profit calculator, and their referral program is a 5% cut so this would make sense)

It's immediately triggered my "too good to be true" sense. My initial reaction is that it's either a complete scam or, at best, a Ponzi scheme.

What do you all think?

i have never heard of them but here are the RED flags that i see in what you have described:
0.1% per hour
a minimum investment of 1 satoshi
generally i say anything that is too good to be true is a scam unless proven otherwise. and this looks like a scam specially since they have such a small amount as minimum they want maximum number of victims.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 06:27:01 AM

I saw an advertisement for TinderBTC as a comment on a facebook post by Trezor. I'd like to know if anyone here has heard of them or invested yet.

They advertise a 0.1% per hour return with a minimum investment of 1 satoshi. This works out to 72% per 30 days (or 103.7% if compounded daily). It looks like they take a 5% cut immediately (determined by using their profit calculator, and their referral program is a 5% cut so this would make sense)

It's immediately triggered my "too good to be true" sense. My initial reaction is that it's either a complete scam or, at best, a Ponzi scheme.

What do you all think?

i have never heard of them but here are the RED flags that i see in what you have described:
0.1% per hour
a minimum investment of 1 satoshi
generally i say anything that is too good to be true is a scam unless proven otherwise. and this looks like a scam specially since they have such a small amount as minimum they want maximum number of victims.

They claim the minimum withdrawal is 0.0003btc so anyone can test it for USD$0.16

well, that's the way they get ya!
you deposit small and withdraw small too, it doesn't matter for a scammer to spend 16 cents and it won't make you rich either but you will think they are legit so deposit bigger and that's the time they run away!

every ponzi scheme works like this, you pay a couple of people and then stop after they get more investors.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2016, 06:57:48 AM

I think there is a 50-50 chance you'll make it out of there with a profit. These types of shady schemes actually work well for some people, I guess you just have to be lucky. If I had just won a nice amount of BTC trading or something I would give this a shot. According to their calculator 0.2 BTC over 10 days would net me a profit of $20 which is quite tempting. And if I was able to withdraw my initial investment after the 10 days I would then just play around a bit more using only the profits.

EDIT - Just to be clear I wouldn't recommend anyone to try this, chances are you'll just lose your money. I'm just saying that if I received a 2 BTC gift out of nowhere, I would probably gamble away 0.2 just for a laugh.
Edwardard

Activity: 1050
Merit: 681

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2016, 07:11:16 AM

i think it is just another ponzi. legit business cannot give such ROI. im sure it will run out of others money sooner or later. just get out of these schemes.
Enotche

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 07:53:17 AM

Of course it's a scam, Ponzi. These services live from 1 to 2 months. It's like a cloud Mining. Collect money, and then closed.

Here you can find reviews https://bitmakler.com/tinderbtc___investmentfund#comments
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 08:02:27 AM

It is definitely a ponzi scheme. It is also known as HYIP. They usually pay in the beginning and once they start getting the opularity and more investment, they run away with the money.

Always avoid such kind of program for your own good. They can offer crazy interest rates just to lure you but getting your investment back from such programs is next to impossible.

jtipt

Activity: 1064
Merit: 529

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 08:12:48 AM

Its classic HYIP. Its defiantly a scam, they will work fine for few months and then run away with all funds. There are many more websites like this which turned out to be scams in few months.
hasiramasenju
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 08:34:07 AM

i have recently just visiting these site and i would like to say yes these site is pure HYIP because on their basic plan only offering 0.1% per hour with minimum amount for invest 1 satoshi and i think these site would not last long and would be scam soon
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2016, 08:43:06 AM

that is a clear ponzi scheme, they don't really have any business plan to make profit and share it with us.

and even if they had a business nothing can make this much profit that they can give their investors this much share!

--looking for signature--
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4479

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 10:34:20 AM

They advertise a 0.1% per hour return with a minimum investment of 1 satoshi.
They claim the minimum withdrawal is 0.0003btc so anyone can test it for USD$0.16

these 2 statements are called "scam bait"

thinking you only need to invest fractions of pennies is the bait
this is because when 16cents turns into 17cents.. it triggered peoples greed and shuts off peoples logic.
they then invest more thinking that the 16cent proof was enough to trust large lumps sums..

.. and thats when the scammers start to steal funds.
they will come up with excuses likes internal issues, so expect delays
the internal issues turn out to be hacks and the funds are gone.
they will even try to use jargon about 'nothing is guaranteed and the markets swung in the wrong direction'

the best thing i can advise anyone is to report this to SEC and inform them its a similar scam to the trendon shavers case a few years back.

lastly if you still feel foolish enough to invest. find out their location. google it and make sure its not a drop box /po box. then get all the details of those running it.

because if you cant find out enough info to slap them in the face with a wet fish should they wrong you. then they are definitely hiding something.
if you do find out all the info.. report them.. dont invest in them

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 10:40:48 AM

It's just a ponzi/HYIP, just like hundreds of other websites. I'd not say that getting ROI is impossible with this system, BUT, it's risky. It's 40-60 that you will get the ROI.

The best time of investing in any HYIP or ponzi scheme is at it's very first phase, like after 1 day or so of it's launch. That way, you can get some ROI, with less risk.
jupiterdianysa

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 06:38:21 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2016, 01:44:37 PM by jupiterdianysa

(i donno why i was just too bored i guess) Ive tested. theyll go scam for sure, im just curious when..

EDIT: That was my personal attempt and risk, I do NOT recommand anyone to invest there
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 05:08:03 AM

I tested it guys.When i saw the ads I deposited 5 dolars btc (i donno why i was just too bored i guess) i dont remember since when im a member there but i withdrew 6 dolars until now so its still in active mode

Don't make encouraging noises about a HYIP ponzi scam, it draws people in to think they might be able to make a profit.

Public Service Announcement -
This is just another Ponzi/Pyramid Scam
Do Not Invest!

Those who choose to post of their participation
support or encouragement for this scam will
be tagged with negative trust for proving
they wish to help the scammers operate this
Ponzi in return for a share of the funds stolen
from other users. Thereby proving they are not
trustworthy forum members.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
jupiterdianysa

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 01:45:43 PM

I tested it guys.When i saw the ads I deposited 5 dolars btc (i donno why i was just too bored i guess) i dont remember since when im a member there but i withdrew 6 dolars until now so its still in active mode

Don't make encouraging noises about a HYIP ponzi scam, it draws people in to think they might be able to make a profit.

Public Service Announcement -
This is just another Ponzi/Pyramid Scam
Do Not Invest!

Those who choose to post of their participation
support or encouragement for this scam will
be tagged with negative trust for proving
they wish to help the scammers operate this
Ponzi in return for a share of the funds stolen
from other users. Thereby proving they are not
trustworthy forum members.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Sorry if it looked couraging, ive fixed the msg. I dont want anyone to suffer a scam cos of my post..
JasonXG

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 06:30:31 PM

What do you all think?

I have a
Ready heard from various sites and people that it is indeed a scam. The return is much to high.
jupiterdianysa

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 03:12:27 PM

Site is still operating 2 months later, has anyone invested a significant amount?

Site is not working anymore
staticxhadz

Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 03:22:44 PM

it's a pure scam lol
jupiterdianysa

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 12:34:11 PM