Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:18:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Feedbacks on Avalon-Asic.com  (Read 1089 times)
ijphlrnxewho (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 09:27:43 AM

Anyone receive any product from Avalon-Asic.com?

How are the machines running? Experience any problems?
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
naima53

Activity: 616
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 02:28:29 PM

How are the machines running? Experience any problems?
up

Donate me) 16f6iWHHkVEnDReeBQPT9GwCNwUfPTXrp2
QuiveringGibbage

Activity: 617
Merit: 543

http://idontALT.com

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2013, 09:31:12 PM

I've read this:
http://www.btcmu.info/avalon-news/167-avalons-have-trickled-into-the-us.html

Bitcoin is at the tippity top of the mountain...but it's really only half way up.. Wink
bennybong

Activity: 682
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 11:02:36 PM

Waiting for batch 2 news. Processing.....  Wink
they

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 02:11:41 AM

I, too am waiting for batch#2 to ship. Eagerly.
.m.

Activity: 280
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 07:36:16 AM

the site says that batch 2 is not available Sad
Any experience with this competing product ?
http://products.butterflylabs.com/60gh-bitcoin-miner.html
(cheaper and less power hungry)

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

bennybong

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 10:19:41 AM

I have ordered one but when it will actually ship who knows? At the time of order I was told by them "it will probably ship by May".
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 10:54:36 AM

I have ordered one but when it will actually ship who knows? At the time of order I was told by them "it will probably ship by May".

from: http://store.avalon-asics.com/?product=avalon-asic-batch-2
Avalon ASIC Unit
$1,500.00

If you order now this batch is scheduled to start shipping by March 10th and before April 15th.

Bitcoin are the only accepted form of payment.

Out of stock

SKU: AVALON-TWO.

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
bennybong

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 11:06:14 AM

I ordered 2 Batch #2 Avalons, and one BFL single and this is the one in question.
.m.

Activity: 280
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 01:52:48 PM

Is there anybody with the physical unit at his hands ?

Reading this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=110090.0 thread - the site address in BIG LETTERS gives  "500 Internal Server Error" - well you can get there prepending www.
But they mentioned "video demonstration of final product in operation can be seen at this time" - only in december 2012 ? not anymore ? or is it just "a business plan is posted below. it MAY be slightly modify" ?
I was thinking I will be more lucky here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=137534.0 - i did not read all posts - and I saw nice picture here : https://i.imgur.com/Zn4XT5H.jpg Smiley but not sure they are really providing anything ?

maybe this page https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=137534.940 suggests something ?

so - anybody with pictures or videos - or even better - real experience and numbers ?

Thanks for your time, we are all newbies in this world Smiley
.m.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

gapthemind

Activity: 34

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 02:57:10 PM

I am really not sure if more then few ppl who ordered it will wil get it. There is no logic for then to ship aways something that can make them 100s of thousands of $$$ in a month oh so...

Few will be delivered but not more then 5%.
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 03:19:54 PM

I am really not sure if more then few ppl who ordered it will wil get it. There is no logic for then to ship aways something that can make them 100s of thousands of $$$ in a month oh so...

I think his goal is to make bitcoin better, not to make some cash now.
If cash is your only goal, your life is empty.
I notice he announces real news.  He does not spew negative thoughts that he cannot justify.

I try to be respectful and informed.
gapthemind

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 05:15:55 PM

I notice he announces real news.  He does not spew negative thoughts that he cannot justify.

Money makes the World go around my friend Smiley

Im talking about asics that should have eben delivered months ago. Lets say that you can make about 7coins/day with one rig that has a cost about 1500$, at the current price per bit coin you can earn 300$+ each day so you can pay one rig in less then 5 days. In a month person who owns just 1 rig can make  profit of about 10K dollars. Now tell me, do you think any sane person would ship 300 of those rigs that he has or he would sit on them and earn more then 2mill$ in one month?

All im saying everything in this world is about MONEY thus everyone bought rigs to earn MONEY, right? So tell me if Avalon shipped batch of 300 units for a price of 1500$ or total price of some  450.000$, do you think he wouldnt have used then for a few months and earn 20x that amount and then shipped them?

Im not saying Avalon doesnt have those rigs and that its not shipping them now, all I'm saying is that he was using them to make money for himself, thus the delay. Hell I have about 9000MH/s ( planning to get more ) do you think i wouldnt invested money in Asic and earn at least 30x more money per day? Everyone would. Avalon was supposed to ship those at the start od Dec last year, now its March so thats about 3 month delay. I really think that they used them for those 3 months to mine and now they are starting to ship them. You dont agree?
ProfMac
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 08:27:26 PM

I notice he announces real news.  He does not spew negative thoughts that he cannot justify.

Im talking about asics that should have eben delivered months ago. Lets say that you can make about 7coins/day with one rig that has a cost about 1500$, at the current price per bit coin you can earn 300$+ each day so you can pay one rig in less then 5 days. In a month person who owns just 1 rig can make  profit of about 10K dollars. Now tell me, do you think any sane person would ship 300 of those rigs that he has or he would sit on them and earn more then 2mill$ in one month?

By that logic, all bank tellers embezzle and banks are not safe.  It is not, in fact, how the world works, and it is destructive to civilization.

edison

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 09:13:56 PM

By that logic, all bank tellers embezzle and banks are not safe.  It is not, in fact, how the world works, and it is destructive to civilization.

I fail to see your analogy.

While it's entirely possible that Avalon not interested in profit at all, and that he's selling his ASIC product at or below cost, it doesn't seem that way.

If he's selling for a profit, then he is expecting to make at least *some* money on his endeavor. As gapthemind pointed out, he could make more money by running the miners himself than by selling them.

That said, there are a couple of factors involved. If he turns on all 300 of his batch, how would that affect difficulty? How many of his potential customers would drop out of the market because the profits have lowered? How long would it take for him to recoup his initial investment, as opposed to selling them outright?

ProfMac
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 09:48:27 PM

While it's entirely possible that Avalon not interested in profit at all, and that he's selling his ASIC product at or below cost, it doesn't seem that way.

If he's selling for a profit, then he is expecting to make at least *some* money on his endeavor. As gapthemind pointed out, he could make more money by running the miners himself than by selling them.

That said, there are a couple of factors involved. If he turns on all 300 of his batch, how would that affect difficulty? How many of his potential customers would drop out of the market because the profits have lowered? How long would it take for him to recoup his initial investment, as opposed to selling them outright?

[speculation]
I assume he is interested in making back all of his expenses, and a reasonable income from his professional time.  I don't see evidence that he is blinded by greed or willing to act unethically.

A completely different thing that he could do is to make a best in class effort to deliver what he promised on time and within budget without a lot of public posturing.
I think there is about another month for him to deliver my Avalon batch #2, so at this time this is entirely feasible.
Then to use the experience to silently produce version 2 of the ASIC.  Some potential changes are 1)  smaller line size, 2) choose a few alternate design decisions, or 3) Use them in-house only, 4) offer the founding customers a *really* good deal.

[/speculation]

There is at least as much evidence for all of my speculation as there is for any darker speculation.

d3liri0usk

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 12:22:57 AM

Does anyone even have an asic yet?
ProfMac
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 12:47:23 AM

Does anyone even have an asic yet?

The BTC pool claims that there are Avalon units.  Their pool speed chart seems to suggest that they started coming on line about March 7.

There is a thread where people are discussing the deliveries.

gapthemind

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 02:06:26 AM

Point is you are not giving your money to tellers, you are giving it to a person/company that is telling you he will make you something that will generate insane profit if you invest small amount of $$$. Bank works on interest from loans etc...nothing else to see there. There has been a cases about banks tricking ppl into insane intrest in few monet ( like 300% of what you gave them ). What happened? People lost their money!

Im stating that any person can add 2 numbers and see the big picture. Lets say that you have the knowledge to make something like Avalon but you dont have cash. You thing, why not making a site that is going to "sell" those items for a small amount and people can pre order it. People gives you the money you dont have and you make those rigs. tell me why would you make profit of less then few 100k & ( considering he had to make them from 1500& ) when you can earn millions? Thus the 3+ month late..
gapthemind

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 02:12:35 AM

[speculation]
I assume he is interested in making back all of his expenses, and a reasonable income from his professional time.  I don't see evidence that he is blinded by greed or willing to act unethically.

A completely different thing that he could do is to make a best in class effort to deliver what he promised on time and within budget without a lot of public posturing.
I think there is about another month for him to deliver my Avalon batch #2, so at this time this is entirely feasible.
Then to use the experience to silently produce version 2 of the ASIC.  Some potential changes are 1)  smaller line size, 2) choose a few alternate design decisions, or 3) Use them in-house only, 4) offer the founding customers a *really* good deal.

[/speculation]

There is at least as much evidence for all of my speculation as there is for any darker speculation.

Assuming isnt as same as having prof.

If the 1st batch was 3+ month late ( and not all have even received them ) you really think bacth 2 will be delivered in 1 month from now?
Experience, what experience? Intesret in every person here is to make money nothing else. If you waited form months for batch 1 new version of Asics wont arrive in more then a year!!
and a really good deal? what better then you have now? 60GH/s for 1500$? Takeing all in mind that power/price ratio is some 50 times more powerfull then a "normal" rig costing same amount....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: