Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 03:04:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Silk Road profits affecting price?  (Read 3426 times)
XxionxX (OP)

Activity: 254
Merit: 250

Digital money you say?

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 12:55:15 PM

In this twitter which I am sure a lot of you have seen, the Silk Road has announced that they are taking record breaking profits. Are we still calling for the top? How many big players with big investments will it take before a majority of the coins are in strong hands?

FAP Turbo 2.0, the FOREX trading robot which also trades bitcoin!

I had to link it because I love the name. Seriously, that is the real name.
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2013, 01:59:44 PM

I certainly hope the coins are going to strong hands right now. Otherwise we're in for a very cold shower at some point. Smiley

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
twolifeinexile

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 04:00:43 PM

I certainly hope the coins are going to strong hands right now. Otherwise we're in for a very cold shower at some point. Smiley
Are you a strong hand by the way? Smiley
chmod755
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2013, 05:32:53 PM

LOL

flavius

welcome to riches

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 05:47:59 PM

Well the driving force behind bitcoins is crime, there is really no point in the system besides being paid anonymously. So it's quite logical silk road has a large impact.

crime generates tenfold more money then real businesses do in bitcoin. the fact you cant accept this just makes you a kike

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.
Chalkbot
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 05:50:11 PM

Well the driving force behind bitcoins is crime, there is really no point in the system besides being paid anonymously. So it's quite logical silk road has a large impact.

You might want to read up some more on bitcoins, bro.
wtfvanity

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

WTF???

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 05:54:05 PM

I'll just leave this here in case anybody takes this seriously:

http://www.bitbin.it/PNSYw1lE

lol

WTF!     Don't Click Here              
          .      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
chmod755
Legendary

Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2013, 06:02:57 PM

All I can say is, well played chmod755

Thanks!

flavius

welcome to riches

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 07:28:16 PM

As you may want to as well sir.

crime generates tenfold more money then real businesses do in bitcoin. the fact you cant accept this just makes you a kike

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.
Chalkbot
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 08:03:46 PM

As you may want to as well sir.

But.... I.... Hm. I'm doing that as much as I can. Believe me! I only made the suggestion to you because I've already identified several points beyond the one you presented, for using bitcoin, so I can only assume you are behind me in your reading assignments.
haitispaceagency

Activity: 252

Coinlancer.io ICO | Oct 14th

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 08:14:53 PM

if your not using bitcoins for crime then what is the point

▄████▄
          ██  ██
 ▄▄▄▄     ▀████▀     ▄▄▄▄
██▀▀██     ▄▄▄▄     ██▀▀██
██▄▄███▄▄██▀▀▀▀██▄▄███▄▄██
 ▀▀▀▀ ▀██▀▄████ ▀██▀ ▀▀▀▀
      ██ ██     ██
 ▄▄▄▄  ██▄▀████ ▄██  ▄▄▄▄
██▀▀██  ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀  ██▀▀██
██▄▄██     ▀██▀     ██▄▄██
 ▀▀▀▀     ▄████▄     ▀▀▀▀
          ██  ██
         ▀████▀
Coinlancer
         ▄▄████████▄▄
      ▄▄████████████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████████▄
  ████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████████▀
  █████████████████████████
  ▀███████████████████████▀
   ▀█████████████████████▀
      ▀▀████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀████████▀▀
CL
WHITEPAPER         ANN THREAD
Coinlancer
FACEBOOK     TWITTER     MEDIUM     TELEGRAM
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
!!
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 08:18:40 PM

I've never bought anything illegal with bitcoins.

Here is a canadian quarter for you  Wink

13Charlie

Activity: 218

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 08:43:50 PM

Just wait, you'll see.

Here is a canadian quarter for you  Wink

+1
LMFAO

No signature necessary
BitcoinAshley

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 08:58:24 PM

ITT: flavius demonstrates amazing depth in his understanding

Who let flav out of the newbie forum, he obviously hasn't a clue about bitcoin.
byronbb
Legendary

Merit: 1000

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 09:05:59 PM

I doubt SR deals with GOX but who knows.

Bitcopia

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 09:15:31 PM

How about the fact that you can move any amount of money ANYWHERE in the world for almost free?

How about the fact that its anonymous, for those who like their privacy, and that its easier to get than a credit card + more secure and was actually designed to be used for online purchases.

Bitcoin is much much better in every single way than any other online payment method.

+1

Silk Road helped gain traction for bitcoin because it got people involved who otherwise would not have the mental capacity to understand bitcoin. Now, the true amazingness of bitcoin is starting to be recognized by larger numbers of people every day.
flavius

welcome to riches

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 12:12:00 AM

How about the fact that you can move any amount of money ANYWHERE in the world for almost free?

How about the fact that its anonymous, for those who like their privacy, and that its easier to get than a credit card + more secure and was actually designed to be used for online purchases.

Bitcoin is much much better in every single way than any other online payment method.
I don't disagree with this, but the fact of the matter is you can't walk into a store and buy something with bitcoins (unless it is some type of specific store etc). You can't sell on ebay with bitcoins, you can't keep bitcoins in your physical wallet and use them like normal cash.

They are a hassle to buy legitimately, a wire transfer is sketchy and not convenient, or even practical for most people. Send a wire transfer (of money) to obtain a different type of money? Why...? is the mindset the average person takes.

Bitcoins are not REMOTELY designed for online purchases. They have to be reversible and not completely anonymous for it to become a government endorsed successful currency. If I bought someone online with bitcoins and it never shows up, I just get fucked? Good luck ever making that a serious currency.

I don't think you realize how much fraud and darknet transactions goes on. Until you have been on all of the websites and seen what happens, you don't know. Bitcoins are a fraudster's DREAM. You can turn bitcoins into cash from an ATM 100% anonymously with no BS that regular financial institutions offer.

In the regular world where fraud doesn't exist, what the fuck are you supposed to do with a bitcoin? Ultimately all you end up doing is turning it into cash, you might as well just keep your money in the first place. If you're using it as an investment that isn't really "using" it, mining does not do anything for it either. Unless you are actively spending 5 figures of bitcoins a year that somehow gives you an advantage over real money, it's pointless for the common man.

I think the ultimate problem is people trying to build currencies based off of real currencies, being USD/EU/etc. A bitcoin is worth x dollars, so it in essence is x dollars, so why not just keep your dollars? Until you can say a bitcoin is not worth a certain amount of dollars (directly) then it is just inferior to real cash.

Severian

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 12:18:58 AM

Bitcoins are a fraudster's DREAM.

No, fucking idiots that can't form a critical thought if their lives depended on it are a fraudster's dream. The average American investor, for example.
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 12:24:54 AM

I can buy BTC directly via online banking for a low fee and receive my bitcoins within 48-72h. In my opinion it's only a matter of time before brick and mortar stores accept them. It's been cheaper, safer and more convenient for me to sell legal items online with BTC than using PayPal.
flavius

welcome to riches

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 12:30:24 AM

I can buy BTC directly with online banking for a low fee and receive my bitcoins within 48-72h. In my opinion it's only a matter of time before brick and mortar stores accept them. It's been cheaper, safer and more convenient for me to sell items online than using PayPal.
Anything is more convenient than paypal, that is just logical. However paypal is the only way to sell on ebay and run a very popular business online. It would be great if everyone paid with bitcoins but the popularity isn't there yet, plus as I mentioned before, if someone pays you in bitcoins, aside from morals, it's almost entirely useless to ship them anything.

Brick and mortar stores will have to go through a nightmare of accounting to ever accept bitcoins in a significant amount. I can't even begin to think about how taxes would work in this situation.

But my point remains, I realize you can buy bitcoins with your online banking, but what is the point? Why not just keep it in your bank account?

Severian: Ok, 5 years ago if you wanted to sell stolen credit card information on the internet, how do you get paid?

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: