Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:13:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FIRST Feature-length Documentary on Bitcoin, 100% BITCOIN FUNDED!  (Read 26319 times)
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2013, 02:25:06 PM

Please come to Finland guys. We have a very lively community here, probably one of the biggest in the world. Relative to the population size, I'm confident that Finland has the most Bitcoin users anywhere.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 02:53:30 PM

1. Question: Who would you like to see on the Docu?

Pirateat40

If you promised to roll upto his house and do a full blown michael moore on him I'd pay to see that!

What you guys should do is a kickstarter clone of your page.  If people knew they would be getting a physical DVD they'd 'donate' $60.  If some of the richer bitcoineers on here were offered a producers credit they'd donate BTC200. Even some of the bigger bitcoin businesses would be keen to fund some decent dough.

All you would need is make a plan of attack.  what would you give with what donation? Setting up the site would be a piece of cake.  It would just be buy it now type buttons with bitpay or whatever. 

You boys need to do this right. Camera, sound. A good presenter.  We could use this doco to show off bitcoin to the world.  Again, businesses would pay to have their name thrown at the front of it.

GOOD LUCK

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
rudrigorc2
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 08:32:17 PM

Pirateat40

If you promised to roll upto his house and do a full blown michael moore on him I'd pay to see that!

What you guys should do is a kickstarter clone of your page.  If people knew they would be getting a physical DVD they'd 'donate' $60.  If some of the richer bitcoineers on here were offered a producers credit they'd donate BTC200. Even some of the bigger bitcoin businesses would be keen to fund some decent dough.

All you would need is make a plan of attack.  what would you give with what donation? Setting up the site would be a piece of cake.  It would just be buy it now type buttons with bitpay or whatever. 

You boys need to do this right. Camera, sound. A good presenter.  We could use this doco to show off bitcoin to the world.  Again, businesses would pay to have their name thrown at the front of it.

GOOD LUCK

+1
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 09:36:33 PM

Pirateat40

What you guys should do is a kickstarter clone of your page.  If people knew they would be getting a physical DVD they'd 'donate' $60.  If some of the richer bitcoineers on here were offered a producers credit they'd donate BTC200. Even some of the bigger bitcoin businesses would be keen to fund some decent dough.

All you would need is make a plan of attack.  what would you give with what donation? Setting up the site would be a piece of cake.  It would just be buy it now type buttons with bitpay or whatever.  

You boys need to do this right. Camera, sound. A good presenter.  We could use this doco to show off bitcoin to the world.  Again, businesses would pay to have their name thrown at the front of it.

GOOD LUCK

I guess you missed this part at the beginning of the thread;)

Have a look at our kickstarter clone over at:
>>> bitcointhedocumentary.org <<<

We DO have DVDs (even Double DVDs!) and other MEGA special stuff in store for our supporters. Have a look!
And yes, we plan to do the full program.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2013, 05:23:10 AM

Monster Tent has the best idea in making multiple short parts. This way it can stay current and also at a later time can be watched together to show the whole larger picture. And if one section is slightly outdated by the end it wont matter because it will be understood by the viewer.

Also, releasing shorter parts will allow faster completion of each part ensuring faster market availability to the consumer. If Bitcoin was not changing so rapidly I would say "just make a single, standard, long documentary".

-Doug

Hence saving all the footage and produce a 'Behind the Scenes' video after they win an Oscar for best Foreign Documentary or possibly some other category. Worse case scenario, they're dominated for something.

I like this idea! Would be interesting to look back at the series and see how bitcoin developed and evolved... a 1-part documentary would be more like a snapshot into a specific time.

Exactly!

how much will it cost when it comes out?

can i per-order?
Paying for videos.... is that even a thing anymore?

Why not! Ten bucks/.25 BTC (~), with a bonus track included for those who pre-order. Now let's see what I can think of to include that would make this a success...thinking...thinking...almost got it...okay, maybe not a goat...thinking again...still thinking...OMG...Got it! Did you figure it out? ---> LadyBytes

how much will it cost when it comes out?

can i per-order?

No, sry Adam, you cannot preorder Wink

All material will be published in time, free of charge with a free-to-use license. It will be made available openly on the net.
Our supporters however enjoy some privileges...

Have a look at our Donation Page to learn all about our Thank You Presents . Only so much: Supporters watch it first and get a hand signed DVD with tons of extras and unique content (among other crazy stuff!).

I think you better reconsider this. Did you see my suggestion? With my idea, you'll reach your $13K in no time. Besides, what the hell can you do with only 13K? I say go for $20K for starters.

This is not a joke post, for I'm behind your endeavor 100%. I'm also serious about the post above, available to only those who pre-order. Besides, she'll need to paid also for her services. Two to three hundred bucks should cover it. More if a goat is involved. (humor, that time)

You could hook Gavin Andresen up to a lie detector and ask if hes satoshi

You could hook Satoshi up to a lie detecor and ask if he's Gavin.  Grin

WTF! Only $324.27 so far.

I'm going to go out onto a limb here and suggest that Bitcoin 100 donate $1,000 to this venerable endeavor. I have some pull over there, but do respect opinions of its members.

Bitcoin 100 was initially develop for this king of enterprise, let alone a young one, but it was designed to further the awareness of Bitcoin, of which this project would surely do if done properly.

I honestly believe that $13K is not enough, unless I'm missing something. Kickstarter, mentioned, is a pretty good idea. Also, if you sold 10 high-level exposure spots at $10K each from entities with a little depth in their pocketbook, that would definitely put you guys on the right path.

Also, I and a partner are currently developing a project of which we could help raise funds for you. Would you be so kind as to state the projected release date? I may have overlooked it if it was published on your website.

As far as spending funds to attend San Jose, I think that would take a big bite out of your pool. There is a conference coming up in Vienna, but I believe that is later in the year.

I believe the SJ conference is going to have a decent guy filming it of which the footage should be readily available. If you do attend, I suggest getting the cheapest plane tickets for two and hook up with some Bitcoiner near there, staying at their home. No more than two guys should be needed for said event, one of which is your camera guy.

Suggestion: Document where and how every bitcoin is spend, taking screenshots of the blockchain as proof, incorporating it into the documentary somehow.

I love the idea of somehow you interview one of the hackers or scammers.

~Bruno K~
bitcoinstarter

Activity: 484
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 05:53:21 AM

What you guys should do is a kickstarter clone of your page.  If people knew they would be getting a physical DVD they'd 'donate' $60.  If some of the richer bitcoineers on here were offered a producers credit they'd donate BTC200. Even some of the bigger bitcoin businesses would be keen to fund some decent dough.

All you would need is make a plan of attack.  what would you give with what donation? Setting up the site would be a piece of cake.  It would just be buy it now type buttons with bitpay or whatever.

Hopefully, we'll be up by then but this is what we plan to offer is a Bitcoin Crowdfunding platform. Be great to have you up on the site once we are ready!  Grin
DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 07:40:49 AM

I guess you missed this part at the beginning of the thread;)

Yes. Yes I did Smiley

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 03:36:29 PM

UPDATE: Biertaucher has put us into his podcast. Check out his geek archives at:

http://spielend-programmieren.at/de:podcast:biertaucher:2013:095
Sorry, once again a great podcast in German only Sad

Also, stay tuned and check this space in the coming days for some bigger announcements. (Hint: it's moving forward people, it's moving Wink)
rudrigorc2
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 06:56:19 PM

can you guys remake this scene with some physical bitcoins? but dont put it on your pocket.
id like to see this in bitcoin context.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B_rRmkbA9I
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 07:42:49 PM

can you guys remake this scene with some physical bitcoins? but dont put it on your pocket.
id like to see this in bitcoin context.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B_rRmkbA9I

Hmm, thats an awesome scene and very easy to alter in order to get a Bitcoin in there.
All you would have to do is replace the cuts when the coin is seen. That could be a great teaser for the final movie;)
I wonder whether we could use the material without legal trouble. If some user made it on the other end, Im not so sure whether that would be a problem..
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 12:14:31 AM

Please come to Finland guys. We have a very lively community here, probably one of the biggest in the world. Relative to the population size, I'm confident that Finland has the most Bitcoin users anywhere.

I had you guys on my list already. Now that the donations roll in I think its not too foolhardy to think about paying a visit.
kibblesnbits

Activity: 557

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 01:50:36 AM

I'd be willing to play the part of the pizza delivery guy for Laszlos infamous order.  I could walk away from from the front porch saying "Geez, a lousy five buck tip on a half-million dollar pizza!  What a cheapskate!".  Have your people call my people. 

ASICMINERTUBE

The Best $/Gh Bitcoin Miner So Far
   ►►►   DISCOVER NOW !!!   ◄◄◄
phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1020

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 07:41:52 AM

show some bitcoin notes: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=92969
Mageant
Legendary

Activity: 1145
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2013, 01:49:06 PM

I can show you my Bitcoin Boardgame I made if you like (I also live in Germany).

see here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=118158.0

cjgames.com
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2121

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 05:58:01 PM

Making the footage available for others to remix/reuse would be great! 

Though please add a clause excluding Kanye West.

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2013, 06:42:04 PM

If the general consensus is that this endeavor is viable, I see no reason why Bitcoin 100 can't donate $1,000 worth of BTC toward the project. We would ask that some credit of sorts be placed on the final production, and definitely on your website.

What is the projected release date?
dancingnancy

Activity: 661

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 07:13:43 PM

I will donate 2% of my coins that Mt. Gox is currently holding for no publicly stated reason from the Bitcoinica fiasco.  Not quite sure if I will get them back in time  Cry
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 07:14:25 PM

If the general consensus is that this endeavor is viable, I see no reason why Bitcoin 100 can't donate $1,000 worth of BTC toward the project. We would ask that some credit of sorts be placed on the final production, and definitely on your website.

I approve.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2013, 08:13:17 PM

@Spekulatius

Besides $/BTC and video submissions, is there anything else you desire to see this project to fruition of which can be donated, whether a physical object or time (read providing some service)?
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 10:27:50 PM

UPDATE:  We aquired our first official sponsor:

The guys of Bitcoin.de were so kind to donate 10 BTC to the cause.
For their donation they receive:

- A non-clickable logo on the front page of bitcointhedocumentary.org
- An entry in the Hall of Fame part of the website and on the discussion thread of bitcointalk.org
- A Thank-You DVD containing the full movie, hand signed by the whole team (yay)
- Priority ad space on the website in small size, compared to other ad spaces that come in medium and large sizes.

Thank you Bitcoin.de to put your faith in us! With your donation we will be able to make some cool interviews!

Current donated Amount (total): 20.71 BTC

We get closer to our aim of 200 BTC but its still way off. First interviews will be conducted in the weeks and days to come. Stay tuned for more info!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: