Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:18:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Has anyone ever lost bitcoins before?  (Read 8327 times)
caxandra

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 03:30:02 PM

Did not do any bad investments during the period I was in bitcoin and was careful regarding addresses copy/pasting and the like but lost around 0,05 BTC before when I accidentally deleted the private key I had stored with that sum..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
garmerys

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 07:43:37 PM

I have lost some bitcoin worth $10 through seoclerks when i tried to place order. I sent the payment but before it could be confirm my system crash down and never able to recover the transaction details, that is how my $10 just disappear. Since, then I have been very carefully whenever i want to send payment through bitcoin.
kevinrio

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 09:31:54 PM

No I never lost bitcoins but my friend did lost them. He actually told me that once when he was new he sent to a address which he did not want to send to, how ? he changed alphabet A to a and dang , anyways wasn't much I think.
Achargeturry78

Activity: 630
Merit: 267

Just follow the rules

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 02:48:54 AM

How, and how much did you manage to lose?

Yes I am losing bitcoin by just investing, trading and gambling. I know there is a risk in that program but U try it because I want to earn profit from them to grow my bitcoin for the better. But in tge statistics it is 8 out of 10 chance of winning for me it is more profitable activity for me.
Eternadars

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 04:48:53 PM

Yes I am losing bitcoin by just investing, trading and gambling. I know there is a risk in that program but U try it because I want to earn profit from them to grow my bitcoin for the better. But in tge statistics it is 8 out of 10 chance of winning for me it is more profitable activity for me.

If you gamble, you enjoyed the process.
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1251

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 06:58:40 PM

If you're talking about losing just because of mishandling of hardware or forgetting private keys, misplacing it or something I haven't lost anything yet. I prepare backups for it. If you're talking about losing bitcoins in gambling sites, I have. Lol

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 08:36:13 PM

I lost about 0.8 BTC between January and April last year through gambling but I was a novice and didn't know much about management regarding betting so I fell prey to the bookies. In general I wouldn't say I lost because all that I lost I won them back with the recent pump.
freemanjackal

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 09:14:30 PM

i think everyone here has lost some amount on bitcoins, some more than others but at the end, we all have lost at leat a bit
freemanjackal

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 09:21:04 PM

i lost like 0,0013, for many of you will be a small amount, but for me its huge, cause it was all that i had, i lost it gambling, didnt find other way to increase it nad get some profits,so start over  Grin i will raise again as many times as necessary
crygirl-1

Activity: 167

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 04:13:53 AM

A few days ago, I lost a bitcoin, because of my mistakes, stupid mistakes, so far I can not forgive my own stupid.
aditya6997

Activity: 198

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 07:29:04 AM

I lost 0.66 btc in HashOcean!
Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 09:09:23 AM

I lost 0.003 on Christmas Eve through sports betting. Prior to that day I did spend a lot of time faucetting because I was new to this community and wanted to get as much bitcoins as I can but I ended up losing all of them. I'll be starting work next week and I hope I could do some more faucets before then.
darely72

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2022, 05:04:21 PM

Unfortunately I've been there and panicked too, first i lost access to my freewallet back in 2020, it had about 3.8BTC in it. I regained access luckily, found my login information in my dropbox account on a day i was looking for a particular document then boom i saw the login details. To make the story worst, a few months after i got introduced to an investment platform through an online advertisement where i could double the bitcoin in my wallet so i decided to give it a try, that was when i first knew about Bitcoin scam, all the money in my wallet was gone after i signed up with them.

I filed a police report but it ended up a futile effort. A friend who knows more about crypto than i do then adviced me to report my case to Vaultech Recovery Services so they could help me get my money back, at that point i was helpless so i reached out to them through  vaultechservices @ protonmail . com , i provided the necessary information they requested for about the scam company and the transaction details. Eventually i got more than half of my money back after paying some fees. The crypto world is a minefield, you better watch where you step or it might be too late to regret. I'm never touching anything crypto again!
jesselui

Activity: 854
Merit: 109

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
September 20, 2022, 05:41:27 PM

The amount is not important, but I can say that I lost a very valuable amount of money for me. People experience them. You learn to win as you lose.

Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!      │      TRIDENT PROTOCOL      │      HIGH FIXED APY  >>> 382,945%
THE HIGH PAYING AUTO-STAKING & AUTO-COMPOUNDING PROTOCOL

██████████████|               Twitter               |              Telegram              |                Reddit                |██████████████
Rahul09

Activity: 110
Merit: 11

Rex Coin

View Profile
December 25, 2022, 03:26:29 AM

the amount is not the main point but Iost many of my btc
If you invest at the wrong time, you will become a loser. Before investing in the market you need to gain good knowledge about the market and you need to have a lot of patience. You should always wait for the market to come down and then invest. The lower the price you can buy, the more profitable you will be.But if you buy the highest price, you will wear it at loss . So first you know about the way to invest then invest. Then you won't wear at loss so much.

Bazzu

Activity: 476
Merit: 60

View Profile
December 25, 2022, 03:59:28 AM
Last edit: December 25, 2022, 04:13:41 AM by Bazzu

I "lost" 380 BTC by pre-ordering miners from Butterfly Labs.  Awesome experience.

your experience is very surprising guys, you can lose 380 btc. I thought if I had an incident like yours, maybe I would pass out because I thought
the amount of btc 380 is very much. yes, may GOD give patience and fortitude. and may god replace your bitcoin with more amount.

███ TWITTER █████████████████ Liang ████████████████████ WHITEPAPER ███
███ ANN ██████ https://liang.community/ █████ FACEBOOK PAGE ███
███ TELEGRAM █████████████████ AMM ███████████████████ MEDIUM ███
CryptSafe

Activity: 742
Merit: 421

View Profile
December 25, 2022, 02:39:22 PM

The experience is not funny though. Losing bitcoin as a result of wrong market and trading calculations is a kind of feelings I do not want anybody to experience. I have had friends whose wallets were hacked of btc which is not funny. These hacks took place at at December 2018 and 2019. It was a terrible experience and period for them as their whole investment we're all gone. They still can not explain how it happened if really their wallets were mirror. I enquired from them to know if really they linked their wallets online but they still can not explain. I myself out of inexperience I lost my btc while conducting transfer from one wallet to another years back when I got onboard blockchain newly couple with poor timing and wrong market calculations, I have lost bitcoin numerous times in the past and that has served as a lesson to me which I would not forget in a hurry.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
fennic

Activity: 126
Merit: 39

View Profile
December 25, 2022, 04:27:24 PM
Last edit: December 26, 2022, 04:03:21 PM by fennic

Your question is not complete but I will say that loosing Bitcoin and crypto is a part of life if you are a trader. I have lost my money and that was very hurtful to me.
First time I lost money as it was 2017 when I lost 2 Ethereum in a single time and it was very very exhausting for me and I cannot bear that I can loose such hard Money. After that I lost almost 1500 Dollars in 2021 in May. And it broke my heart and I tried to quit but now I am able to do something good and now in future I might be able to earn something hefty money.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Bet2Dream ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬  Get Free Bal($) When You Register! Join Now!  ▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬  Referral & Mining Program | Event & Daily Rewards! | Bet2Dream NFT Club! ▬▬▬
panganib999

Activity: 1736
Merit: 589

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2022, 05:49:48 PM

Here is a story where someone lost 7500 bitcoins.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/nov/27/hard-drive-bitcoin-landfill-site
This story has been featured a number of times that it has become a classic cautionary tale amongst us bitcoin enthusiasts over the years. Basically warning people to always be mindful of where you store your assets and to never be complacent especially when it is hard-earned assets like your bitcoins that is at stake. I myself want to root for the guy, but it's been years already and there's almost always a good chance the HDD is already compacted and gone for good. Would highly suggest he move on at this point if he's still actively looking for it.
KennyR

Activity: 2282
Merit: 532

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
December 25, 2022, 07:57:32 PM

Losing bitcoin could've happened with every user atleast once.  Most of the time this happens through scammers. When we're new to the market we easily fall to the scammers as we don't know much about the market as well as the risks. In this way I've lost bitcoin on untrusted trading platform as well as on using a wallet that scammed the funds and ran away.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████