Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:26:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AMD & NVIDIA mining ?  (Read 2689 times)
mwgame1 (OP)

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 12:25:02 AM

Why?

Just get another Nvidia card.

its expensive compared to AMD Sad

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 05:37:51 AM

Why?

get it used, 970 are sold for 200 euro now, and will be less when the 1070 will be released
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 06:49:35 AM

Pricing on the mid-to-high range NVidia cards are starting to drop - should drop more once the GTX 1070 is released, though if that card has the same limited availability that the 1080 has shown so far, the existing 9xx series cards might hold value longer than I'd prefer....

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
mwgame1 (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 07:06:17 AM

Why?

get it used, 970 are sold for 200 euro now, and will be less when the 1070 will be released

yea but there will be risk that the card was heavily used( probably gonna cause short life time)
maybe even dead broken fans problems
and I live in iraq so i use package forwarding website to ship stuff to where I live, mean refund and re shipping gonna be hard
mwgame1 (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 07:06:49 AM

Pricing on the mid-to-high range NVidia cards are starting to drop - should drop more once the GTX 1070 is released, though if that card has the same limited availability that the 1080 has shown so far, the existing 9xx series cards might hold value longer than I'd prefer....

i hope so
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 07:13:00 AM

Why?

yea but there will be risk that the card was heavily used( probably gonna cause short life time)
and I live in iraq so i use package forwarding website to ship stuff to where I live, mean refund and re shipping gonna be hard

they are still protected by warranty from producer for two years, i would try it, on ebay at least if you can find

or even here on the market, i bought mine for 230-240, 200 still nothing for now
mwgame1 (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 07:21:27 AM

Why?

they are still protected by warranty from producer for two years, i would try it, on ebay at least if you can find

or even here on the market, i bought mine for 230-240, 200 still nothing for now

sounds good i will give it a try.
Spiffy_1

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 09:29:32 PM

I was a huge AMD miner back when litecoin was in the 700 difficulty.  I dropped out once asic miners moved into scrypt coins and the bitcoin dropped below 500.  I fought and fought with my amd rig with 4 7950 cards constantly. Terrible drivers caused issues, resets, stopped mining, hardlocks, etc.  Back in the day when sgminer was bleeding edge crypto was a rough go sometimes.  Since I picked up 2 Nvidia poseidon 980's for gaming, I was curious on how hard it would be to get them mining.  It is night and day between setting up an AMD card vs Nvidia.  If you aren't technically savvy stick with nvidia.  ccminer just works.  Sgminer has its perks on the amd side though, mainly failover pool support.  If you go dual nvidia's though, some coins like neoscrypt don't like sli. As for gaming while mining, I simply shut off one card and I can play overwatch at 1440p with no issues while mining on the other card.

If you like what I've posted, mine for me on whatever algo you like on www.zpool.ca for a minute using my bitcoin address: 1BJJYPRcRPzTEfByCwkeJ8SCBcrnGD1nhL
dumpida

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 12:30:11 PM

I was a huge AMD miner back when litecoin was in the 700 difficulty.  I dropped out once asic miners moved into scrypt coins and the bitcoin dropped below 500.  I fought and fought with my amd rig with 4 7950 cards constantly. Terrible drivers caused issues, resets, stopped mining, hardlocks, etc.  Back in the day when sgminer was bleeding edge crypto was a rough go sometimes.  Since I picked up 2 Nvidia poseidon 980's for gaming, I was curious on how hard it would be to get them mining.  It is night and day between setting up an AMD card vs Nvidia.  If you aren't technically savvy stick with nvidia.  ccminer just works.  Sgminer has its perks on the amd side though, mainly failover pool support.  If you go dual nvidia's though, some coins like neoscrypt don't like sli. As for gaming while mining, I simply shut off one card and I can play overwatch at 1440p with no issues while mining on the other card.

You do not have many cards, so it is easy for you to shut off. For the big farms, they have more things to consider.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄     
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
.JOIN NOW.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
spyshagg

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 03:06:31 PM

I was a huge AMD miner back when litecoin was in the 700 difficulty.  I dropped out once asic miners moved into scrypt coins and the bitcoin dropped below 500.  I fought and fought with my amd rig with 4 7950 cards constantly. Terrible drivers caused issues, resets, stopped mining, hardlocks, etc.  Back in the day when sgminer was bleeding edge crypto was a rough go sometimes.  Since I picked up 2 Nvidia poseidon 980's for gaming, I was curious on how hard it would be to get them mining.  It is night and day between setting up an AMD card vs Nvidia.  If you aren't technically savvy stick with nvidia.  ccminer just works.  Sgminer has its perks on the amd side though, mainly failover pool support.  If you go dual nvidia's though, some coins like neoscrypt don't like sli. As for gaming while mining, I simply shut off one card and I can play overwatch at 1440p with no issues while mining on the other card.

You do not have many cards, so it is easy for you to shut off. For the big farms, they have more things to consider.

I had the same "plug and play" experience but with AMD.  Insert a bunch of 290's on a rig, install 15.12 driver, and double click claymore. done.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: