Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 12:38:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Bikercoin (BIC) CryptoNight based crypto currency  (Read 25094 times)
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 11:59:18 PM

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.  Huh

You're mining incorrectly.  You have to solo mine from the daemon.  This is a cryptonote coin.  You can't solo mine the same way you do with a bitcoin based coin.  External miners only work on pools.

Ains_sama

Activity: 608
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 03:43:45 AM

first post
Interesting but im not see any algo of your coin ?  Undecided

CryptoNote/CryptoNight

wow new algo
can i use GPU for mining it ?
Suthra

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 03:50:47 AM

first post

CryptoNote/CryptoNight

wow new algo
I think yes, you can use gpu mining.
shojayxt
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 04:23:23 AM

first post

CryptoNote/CryptoNight

wow new algo

It's not a new algo it's cryptonote algo like Monero, Bytecoin, DigitalNote, and several other coins.  You can find more information here:   https://cryptonote.org

You can mine with a GPU to a pool but it doesn't look like anyone's set one up.  You can set one up yourself using this open source software if you're ambitious enough http://cryptonotemining.org/

Other than that you can solomine from the daemon which is what people are currently doing using the CLI console/miner download from the website http://bikercoin.org/  there is a GUI wallet download as well but you can's use that to solo mine with an external miner like you can with bitcoin based coins.  The wallet might look like a normal QT wallet but you can't use it to solo mine and you don't create a .conf file.

I have no involvement with this coin other than mining it myself.  I just wanted to explain how it's different to prevent you from wasting your time trying to figure out why it isn't working like other coins. 
Peltig

Activity: 126

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 06:40:02 AM

Any pool? Seems a great project.

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
shintosai

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 06:54:12 AM

im interested to mine this do you have any newbie guide for us dev i think there's a positive outcome for the future of this coin, good luck dev team.

Nesp

Activity: 124

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 07:29:20 AM

Is it possible to mine from qt wallet? I tired with conf files as always, but my ccminer wont connect.
I managed to run cpu-mining with console daemon tho
Kisleav

Activity: 1092

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 09:07:32 AM

Is it possible to mine from qt wallet? I tired with conf files as always, but my ccminer wont connect.
I managed to run cpu-mining with console daemon tho

How easy is it mining with CPU in this coin type
script-expert (OP)

Activity: 153

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 01:00:07 PM

Any pool? Seems a great project.

Pools coming soon, stay tuned! 1 in the next 24 hours and another next week with poolto.be
script-expert (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 01:03:48 PM

first post

CryptoNote/CryptoNight

wow new algo

It's not a new algo it's cryptonote algo like Monero, Bytecoin, DigitalNote, and several other coins.  You can find more information here:   https://cryptonote.org

You can mine with a GPU to a pool but it doesn't look like anyone's set one up.  You can set one up yourself using this open source software if you're ambitious enough http://cryptonotemining.org/

Other than that you can solomine from the daemon which is what people are currently doing using the CLI console/miner download from the website http://bikercoin.org/  there is a GUI wallet download as well but you can's use that to solo mine with an external miner like you can with bitcoin based coins.  The wallet might look like a normal QT wallet but you can't use it to solo mine and you don't create a .conf file.

I have no involvement with this coin other than mining it myself.  I just wanted to explain how it's different to prevent you from wasting your time trying to figure out why it isn't working like other coins. 

Couldn't explain it better shojayxt, Thank you!

Pools coming soon, stay tuned! 1 in the next 24 hours and another next week with poolto.be
bitcoinkkk

Activity: 216

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 03:20:00 PM

first post

CryptoNote/CryptoNight

wow new algo

Couldn't explain it better shojayxt, Thank you!

hi,dev,exchenge?
script-expert (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 03:26:47 PM

hi,dev,exchenge?

Well one thing at a time(started 24 hours ago), first setup Pool then I will work on exchanges..
lucky80

Activity: 1652
Merit: 593

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2016, 03:27:15 PM

dev ...launch pool = soon = urgent =NOW LOL  Smiley
octavarium

Activity: 546

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 03:36:18 PM

i used my old pc , it nice mining
bitcoinkkk

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 03:40:20 PM

hi,dev,exchenge?

Well one thing at a time(started 24 hours ago), first setup Pool then I will work on exchanges..

bikercoin.org    not open
octavarium

Activity: 546

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 03:48:18 PM

hi,dev,exchenge?

you look for what there
supersnips

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 03:58:10 PM

hey, i am just getting "DEBUG [several ip's :and port and there is written an OUT] msg 0or 1 or 2:1002

am i mining right or is something wrong?
Charloz24

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 04:31:40 PM

Solomining with cpu works well, is it possible to do the same but with GPU? how?

EDIT: Forget my question, just that that GPU mining need pool.
bitcoinkkk

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 04:36:56 PM

hi,dev,exchenge?

you look for what there

website
shojayxt
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 04:42:47 PM

hey, i am just getting "DEBUG [several ip's :and port and there is written an OUT] msg 0or 1 or 2:1002

am i mining right or is something wrong?

Here are two methods to solo mine

Method 1

Launchbikercoind and let it sync
Launch simplewallet and select G to generate a new wallet
Type start_mining at the simplewallet console  "By default the miner will mine using only one core.  To mine with more CPU cores type the number of cores after start_ mining"
Example:  start_mining 4
You are now mining with 4 CPU cores
To stop mining type stop_mining in the simplewallet console
To see your balance type balance in the simplewallet console

Method 2

Launch bikercoind and let it sync
Type start_mining your-address number of cores in the bikercoind console
Example: start_mining bicksrxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx 4  
You are now mining with 4 CPU cores to the address you specified
Using this method you can use any address you want including the address generated with the GUI wallet
There is no need to have the wallet open to mine
To stop mining type stop_mining in the bikercoind console

Useful commands are:

Typing show_hr will show your hashrate when typed in the bikercoind console
Typing help in either the bikercoind or simplewallet console will give you a list of the commands available

Other information:

The blockchain is stored in the same location as other coins.  For Windows that will be "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\bikercoin"
The GUI wallet will store the wallet file in the same directory as the blockchain by default.
If you create a wallet with simplewallet that wallet will be stored in the directory where simplewallet is located
You can open any wallet file with the GUI wallet by going to File - Open Wallet and browsing to the wallet file location

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: