Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:02:08 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Easiest way buying Bitcoins??  (Read 5284 times)
420 (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 08:28:58 PM

What's currently the easiest way to buy bitcoins specifically for USA citizens?

is it http://coinbase.com ?

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2013, 08:30:49 PM

move topic > https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=85.0

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4669

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 09:00:19 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2013, 11:15:32 PM by DannyHamilton

What's currently the easiest way to buy bitcoins specifically for USA citizens?

is it http://coinbase.com ?

It depends on where in the USA you are located.

For many, LocalBitcoins.com is the easiest way.

If you don't have a reliable trader nearby, then I'd say BitFloor is the next easiest.

Both of those options have the benefit of allowing you to trade with cash.  No need to "link" your bank account or initiate a "wire transfer" with your bank.

Tangible Cryptography allows cash deposit as well, but you have to have a working knowledge of PGP encryption and signatures.

If you want to go to the trouble of linking bank accounts or wire transfers, I'd say CoinBase, BitMe, and MtGox are the next three easiest (in that order).

If you trust me, and want complete and true anonymity, you can send cash and a bitcoin address to my PO BOX and for a 10% fee I'll do all the work to convert and send the bitcoins to you.  Doesn't get much easier than that, you don't even have to leave your house if you happen to have the cash on you (As indicated in my signature, this service is on hold while I am traveling between March 9, 2013 and March 28, 2013).

If anonymity isn't important to you we can work out a cheaper fee and other payment methods (Postal Money Order for instance).

Personally I find #bitcoin-otc to be the most complicated, but I'm sure others find it to be quite easy.

EDIT: As of 2013-04-17 BitFloor has ceased all operations.
Jenger

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 09:03:42 PM

I used Bitcopia today and it went smooth. I emailed him, deposited the money in a wells fargo bank, came back & emailed the confirmation # and got the coins. It took about 1.5 - 2hrs.

$46.15/ea is what he got me for.

EPiSKiNG
Legendary

Activity: 800
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 11:43:58 PM

Might I suggest Ziggap.com -- Fast and easy via Western Union and Moneygram, they also have a Bank of America cash deposit option, but I'm not sure if that's available at the moment.

-EP

YOU CAN TRUST ME! EPiSKiNG-'s COINS!! BUYING / SELLING BTC - USA --- View my OTC Trading Feedback!!
<gribble> You are identified as user EPiSKiNG-, with GPG key id 721730127CD7574D, key fingerprint EBFC267F8F10EFD1FB84854D721730127CD7574D, and bitcoin address 1EPiSKiNG139bzcwTm8rxMFNfFFdanLW5K
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 11:58:30 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2013, 02:17:27 AM by Stephen Gornick

easiest way to buy bitcoins specifically for USA citizens?

The factors that matter in order to give you the best answer include:

- Where are you located (country)?  [You mention U.S.]
 - How much are you looking to buy?
 - What payment methods do you have available?
 - How soon do you need access to the proceeds?
 - Is privacy important?

A cash payment method might be the easiest, since it involves meeting in-person, handing over cash and receiving bitcoins.
 - http://www.LocalBitcoins.com

Another person might think BitMe.com is the easiest, as you deposit cash at a Chase bank and it gets credited to your BitMe.com exchange account.
 - http://www.BitMe.com

Others won't think that is thie easiest because they've never used market exchanges before (they only know the "retail" concept, where the price is set by the seller.)   Or there is no Chase nearby, then that's not easy.

A fairly comprehensive list of options is compiled here:

- http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Buying_bitcoins

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

rpgman1

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2013, 04:25:06 AM

I'm looking for ways of buying BTC as well. Might have to give localbitcoins a try, but meeting in person to pay for it in cash? I do live in the USA. Looking at CoinBase or MtGox a try as well. I don't have a Chase account, so I can't use BitMe. I have lots of money in PP, but that is frown upon here. Have some PZ and a tiny amount in LR.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 04:38:31 AM
Last edit: April 02, 2013, 02:18:19 AM by Stephen Gornick

I don't have a Chase account, so I can't use BitMe.

The cash deposit methods for BitMe (at Chase) and BitFloor (at B of A) don't require that you bank with those institutions.

You are depositing cash into the account that the exchange gives you.  They know whose deposit it was based on the amount.  e.g., if you want to deposit $100, they'll tell you to deposit something like $100.34.   That $0.34 extra is like your unique identifier.  When I go to deposit $100 the amount I am told to deposit is different, like maybe $100.84.  That's the only thing that differentiates the two of us as we are both depositing into the same bank account number.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2013, 05:54:44 AM

I'm looking for ways of buying BTC as well. Might have to give localbitcoins a try, but meeting in person to pay for it in cash? I do live in the USA. Looking at CoinBase or MtGox a try as well. I don't have a Chase account, so I can't use BitMe. I have lots of money in PP, but that is frown upon here. Have some PZ and a tiny amount in LR.

I take LR, see the first link in my sig.

I also take cash in mail, scan my avatar.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
cindelle

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 01:31:52 AM

ive used blue sky traders who take cash through boa (which is not near me) and was interested in trying bitcopia but their service has been all over the place lately although they seem to be back on track now. they use cash through wells which is near me.
420 (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 11:59:04 PM

ive used blue sky traders who take cash through boa (which is not near me) and was interested in trying bitcopia but their service has been all over the place lately although they seem to be back on track now. they use cash through wells which is near me.

where'st his blue sky transfers?

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 06:48:38 PM

http://www.LocalBitCoins.com

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
webr3

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 06:56:38 PM

A reputable user on the forum imho.
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 06:57:45 AM

Not by me I only sell for paypal ( I have other options, but no one uses them).  The easiest way to get coins is to buy them from bitcoin friends. We will be adding additional sellers and will be insuring transactions in the future. The only issue is the limits but you can get 25usd then 24 hours later 50 usd then 24 hours later 100 usd so you can get 175 usd worth of coins in 3 days.  
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: