Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 02:06:01 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What would happen if Bitcoin became a legal currency?  (Read 33630 times)
Malsetid

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 06:24:21 PM

From the information I have, there are few countries that consider Bitcoin an illegal currency. Moreover, it would not make much difference if a larger number of countries came to declare the currency as illegal, because Bitcoin was designed to function outside the realm of governments, banks or any other centralized institutions.
It is truth. There are few contries dislike Bitcoin and because of that, the governemt decide to forbid Bitcoin. Anyone who has Bitcoin is considered as criminal. Therefore, there are any people using Bitcoin in that country. In my opinion, banning Bitcoin only causes negative effects. If you know how to compromise Bitcoin and the nation economy, that country will be much better
i do not think that any body has yet banned bitcoin, i think they are thinking about how to legalize it because the users of bitcoi are increasing everywhere and they are putting pressure on the governments to accept bitcoin as legal currency.

Till now no government has banned the bitcoin because bitcoin is completely digital currency and already it has been widely spread to all parts of the world. Even many countries are supporting it and even in some countries many people are paying taxes for using it.
sorry to say but bitcoin is not banned by a single country, although it was banned by Russia but now we can see a lot of Russian even in this forum, governments have not yet given any statement about bitcoin.
Yeah i don't think it's banned anywhere yet. Most likely governments are just waiting here and observing how bitcoin will be accepted my people and then that's when they'll make a.move towards it. Definitely bitcoin is under their radar already but not yet up there in the priority list. Though if it comes to it, i think there will be changes if governments absorb bitcoin so might as well enjoy the benefits we get from it now while its at this state

▄▄██████▄▄                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
        ▄██████████████▄           ▄▄███████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████▄       ▄████████████████████▄
     █████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄   ▄██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
   ███████▀        ▀█████▀ ▄███████████▀       ▀████████
  ▄█▄█████▀           ▀█▀ ▄███████████▀          ▀███████▌
▄█████▄███              ▄███████████▀             ███████▌
  ▀█▀█████▄           ▄███████████▀ ▄▄           ▄███████▌
   ███████▄        ▄███████████▀ ▄████▄        ▄████████
     █████████▄▄▄▄███████████▀  ▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████████
      ▀████████████████████▀     ▀████████████████████▀
       ▀███████████████▀▀         ▀████████████████▀
          ▀▀▀██████▀▀                ▀▀███████▀▀▀
.CryptoMania.            ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▐██████████▄▄██▌
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████████████████▄▄ ████████████  ▄█████████████▄▄
▐███████████▌  █████████▀█████████
 ██▀▀ ██████ ▄████████▌▀▀ ▄███████▌
     ██████▐█████████  ▄███████▀▀
    ▐█████████████████▄███████
    ████████████████████████
    ▐████████████████████████
   ▄███▄▐███  ▄█████▄███████▄███▄
  ▐██ ██▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███ ▐██ ██
   ▀███▄▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███  ▀███▄
   ██▄█▀▐█████▀█████▀  ███  ██▄█▀

.The Real Slots.........
.Experience on-chain.

$

$
praboso96

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 07:59:12 PM

From the information I have, there are few countries that consider Bitcoin an illegal currency. Moreover, it would not make much difference if a larger number of countries came to declare the currency as illegal, because Bitcoin was designed to function outside the realm of governments, banks or any other centralized institutions.
It is truth. There are few contries dislike Bitcoin and because of that, the governemt decide to forbid Bitcoin. Anyone who has Bitcoin is considered as criminal. Therefore, there are any people using Bitcoin in that country. In my opinion, banning Bitcoin only causes negative effects. If you know how to compromise Bitcoin and the nation economy, that country will be much better
i do not think that any body has yet banned bitcoin, i think they are thinking about how to legalize it because the users of bitcoi are increasing everywhere and they are putting pressure on the governments to accept bitcoin as legal currency.

Till now no government has banned the bitcoin because bitcoin is completely digital currency and already it has been widely spread to all parts of the world. Even many countries are supporting it and even in some countries many people are paying taxes for using it.
sorry to say but bitcoin is not banned by a single country, although it was banned by Russia but now we can see a lot of Russian even in this forum, governments have not yet given any statement about bitcoin.
Yeah i don't think it's banned anywhere yet. Most likely governments are just waiting here and observing how bitcoin will be accepted my people and then that's when they'll make a.move towards it. Definitely bitcoin is under their radar already but not yet up there in the priority list. Though if it comes to it, i think there will be changes if governments absorb bitcoin so might as well enjoy the benefits we get from it now while its at this state

The government can not just ban Bitcoin. But it will be able to introduce taxes on it or make its use is not profitable. This is a very negative impact on the popularity of Bitcoin
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 11:54:39 AM

Is it not legal yet? In my country the government accepts it as a legal way to transfer money. Assuming we still have fiat, the only real change I can see from the government recognizing bitcoin is that they'll try to tax it the same way they would income and savings. Provided the rates are not large I don't see that it would have a large effect on the price though I suppose many people would not be pleased.
thunderbitz2717

Activity: 594
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 07:07:00 PM

Everyone would like the bitcoin is accepted in all online and real stores and, as as mentioned in the title, what would happen if Bitcoin became a legal currency?

Well, of course many of the bitcoin enthusiast will become rich and fulfill there dreams in life including myself. if that happen too the problem in the poverty also has been resolve I think.
pangdmay

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 04:04:31 AM

First of all I think bitcoin can not become a world currency, the main reason is the Seigniorage and inflation tax is one of the main rights of a country, these rights are endorsed by the national credit and state of force. It is impossible to become a world currency in the present world political system,but bitcoin shows us a future direction of the development of money, the future of the currency must be a virtual currency.
Finestream

Activity: 3066
Merit: 608

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 06:01:21 AM

First of all I think bitcoin can not become a world currency, the main reason is the Seigniorage and inflation tax is one of the main rights of a country, these rights are endorsed by the national credit and state of force. It is impossible to become a world currency in the present world political system,but bitcoin shows us a future direction of the development of money, the future of the currency must be a virtual currency.
That's what I certainly think as well, with a lot of useful development especially with the invention of bitocin, the government will get an idea on what will satisfy the users without compromising the security. Bitcoin is good that is why we are patronizing it, but the government has no plan of adopting to bitcoin but instead they will make their own, something they can control to ensure compliance of the law.

Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 08:42:50 AM

Everyone would like the bitcoin is accepted in all online and real stores and, as as mentioned in the title, what would happen if Bitcoin became a legal currency?

Well, of course many of the bitcoin enthusiast will become rich and fulfill there dreams in life including myself. if that happen too the problem in the poverty also has been resolve I think.

Nope as you can see the legalsm of bitcoin won't give anything but the investors will see it looks like a good field to put their money in there. The legalsm of bitcoin just to opening the big gate for bitcoin.
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 09:24:34 AM

Is it not legal yet? In my country the government accepts it as a legal way to transfer money. Assuming we still have fiat, the only real change I can see from the government recognizing bitcoin is that they'll try to tax it the same way they would income and savings. Provided the rates are not large I don't see that it would have a large effect on the price though I suppose many people would not be pleased.
in some places bitcoin even banned due some reasons. and the other prefer to ignore it by stating it was not considered as a currency at all. so yeah it wasn't legalized yet overall. but if you take a look to how people around the world trade stuff online using bitcoin i can say it has been used as global currency , it's only the matter an admission by the government.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 11:37:55 AM

The government can not just ban Bitcoin. But it will be able to introduce taxes on it or make its use is not profitable. This is a very negative impact on the popularity of Bitcoin

All financial organizations and institutions including banks are now observing bitcoin. If you heard Japans 3 largest banks have placed a huge amount  of fiat currency to purchase bitcoin in their exchange. This just shows that even banks believed that bitcoin is profitable. Another thing the central bank of the Philippines has seen merit of bitcoin as it has good potential and usage in the financial payment system. It is just a matter of time that the world will finally embrace bitcoin and be a legal currency in every country.
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 12:50:23 PM

The mass adoption really can have negative  consequences to bitcoin in that form that we know it now. The government of course will try to centralize bitcoin and make it to work for their interests.
Gameroid

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 06:13:48 PM

i want to tell you that bitcoin is alreasy a world currency. bitcoin is present in all over the world, you can use bitcoin in all most all the countries of the world and therefore bitcoin is a universal and world currency. and the second is that if government will accept bitcoin then it will become more easy for them to collect tax on bitcoin profit.
pinkpanther03

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 04:18:11 AM

Well, we will go to that scene in along run that's for sure. But the reality now is more people in different places of the world are not appreciate Bitcoin,  but still once it's being done that in the near future Bitcoin will really adopt by all business in the internet online world and will become a new world currency if that happen many will become rich including myself Cheesy
wxa7115

Activity: 2758
Merit: 716

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 05:17:00 AM

I would love for bitcoin to be accepted on retail stores and all over the world but lets be honest we need some solution to the problems that the network is facing at the moment like the high fees and the speed of confirmation being very slow at the moment, so until that is resolved the possibility of bitcoin reaching that status is unlikely.
fanbeila

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 05:31:22 AM

Its not still an illegal currency.If it becomes legal all over the world, definitely,it wil be taxed and bitcoin usage will become more.It will be accepted in all shops as payment.There would be no need to carry cash in hand.Bitcoin rate would go much higher.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
t2yax

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Arianee:Smart-link Connecting Owners,Assets,Brands

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 05:45:49 AM

Its not still an illegal currency.If it becomes legal all over the world, definitely,it wil be taxed and bitcoin usage will become more.It will be accepted in all shops as payment.There would be no need to carry cash in hand.Bitcoin rate would go much higher.

We cannot see the future, but we can predict it. Just all of thoughts saying, we are not that kind of person who can predict what will be happening. We think that it could be a big effect for those who have bitcoins. If others will participate for this kind of event, we cannot see what will be happening in our bitcoins? Will it be go high or low? We should not think once, but we should think twice or trice for the future of bitcoin

arianee
• • • ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Smart-link Connecting Owners, Assets And Brands
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ • • •
Discord
Telegram ⊐●⊏ Reddit
Twitter ⊐●⊏ Instagram
Medium ⊐●⊏ Linkedin
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 11:48:34 AM

I would love for bitcoin to be accepted on retail stores and all over the world but lets be honest we need some solution to the problems that the network is facing at the moment like the high fees and the speed of confirmation being very slow at the moment, so until that is resolved the possibility of bitcoin reaching that status is unlikely.

Well the fees actually are acceptable for money transfers and it doesn't vary so it's very convenient even if you're sending a high amount. I actually think it's better than using money transfer companies like western union. Though I share your thoughts here about bitcoin being accepted in local stores because that would give us more options depending on which is more convenient for us.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2017, 11:55:43 AM

Its not still an illegal currency.If it becomes legal all over the world, definitely,it wil be taxed and bitcoin usage will become more.It will be accepted in all shops as payment.There would be no need to carry cash in hand.Bitcoin rate would go much higher

There is absolutely no reason to think so

First, Bitcoin is already considered as legal in many countries around the globe, but as far as I know, it is not taxed directly anywhere (i.e. there is no special tax which would tax Bitcoin specifically). In many places, profits earned via Bitcoin are taxed as such, but this is just how any legally earned profit is taxed, so there is nothing special about it either. Further, in a few other places, Bitcoin is treated as a foreign currency while profits earned through currency conversion operations are not taxable overall. So it could be said that Bitcoin can be legal and at the same time remain not taxable

lordquanta

Activity: 770
Merit: 268

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 12:19:32 PM

Some countries are taxing bitcoin in one or other way. For example Israel  is set to apply capital gains tax to bitcoin sales, categorizing digital currencies as a type of property . In India it is categorized as software. So any income you are earning from that software(browser) is taxable. It is getting accepted and taxed as well.
JariKriting

Activity: 994
Merit: 518

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Gamem

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2017, 12:50:46 PM

I think if bitcoin to legal curency, bitcoin can incraese price
but after bitcoin legal curency, i think bitcoin price can stable price, not fluctuative price
so is not good in trading

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1020

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 01:12:34 PM

For me this thing wont really happen at all for bitcoin to be a legal currency since government wont really consider that bitcoin would take that place since they know thats its a decentralized coin which means they cant impose taxes on it and cant be controlled and government dont really like this kind of thing.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                   ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: