Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:29:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Within 10 years we will all own more than 21 Million Bitcoins each  (Read 1423 times)
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 07:23:26 PM

We are like 100 000 000 000 000 000 000x more technical literate than most people.  People will store it on an exchange because they are stupid and ignore peoples warnings.

True indeed, but there wouldn't be an exchange with countless millions of customers unless it was massively visible, very well backed and no doubt regulated to the hilt.

I don't think adoption would advance much further without holding technically illiterate hands.

No doubt there will be attempts to debase it but at least it gives you the option of opting out and exposing it.
MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 07:27:57 PM

You could, technically speaking, but to my knowledge there is nothing that prevents companies from lying to you in the report or giving you falsified data alongside whatever else they want you to know.

Then they'll keep on failing and imploding until there are companies which can deliver the goods. That shoddiness can only limp on for so long.
Exactly, Mt.Gox, Cryptsy, everyone who tries to hide what they have will fail eventually because people will want their money, or they'll slip up and not have enough for one reason or another, and then everything collapses in spectacular fashion, while also shafting normal people.

One day we might get a decent exchange, but everyone wants to make money somehow and exchange owners are no exception.
LiberOptions

Activity: 412
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 07:28:17 PM

You certainly don't have the feintest idea on how bitcoin works. If you knew something about it you would know that the total supply of bitcoin is only 21 millions and there is no possibilitty of more being issued.

You would be probably better of with some reading. check more about bitcoin here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin
rizzlarolla

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 07:31:10 PM

What are you talking about  Huh

you can move, store and take control of your coins anywhere there's a connection and some modest hardware.
You'll instantly know it's the real deal and it's a piece of piss to secure and just as easy to sell should the need arise. That's kind of the entire point of the whole thing.

Snipped for simplicity.  Cheesy
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 07:39:30 PM

This sounds like some conspiracy theory. I heard some story's how there is enough oil for next thousand years, but government's hiding the truth about it.

OP made some calculation and in his mind there is logic, but for rest of use is too hard to see it. I don't think he is right, but let's wait and see what will happen. In the case he is right truth will show her self soon.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Mauser

Activity: 1806
Merit: 529

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 07:43:12 PM

You could always have future contracts for bitcoins with 100x the size of the actual bitcoin market.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 8177

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 07:47:01 PM

The reactions to OP are very polarized yet few are based on fact.  Can bitcoin certificates be issued?  How does a bitcoin ETF work? (they certainly exist).  If you are shorting bitcoin with a 10X margin, would you expect to control the private keys?
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 07:48:57 PM

If you are shorting bitcoin with a 10X margin, would you expect to control the private keys?

Nope. But I'm shorting with the expectation of withdrawing the spoils from the exchange to a place where I do control the private keys. If they can't supply that then they're not going to last very long.
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 07:51:47 PM

The general public would have no interest in withdrawing the bitcoin though, just the profits in cash.

Therefore the hard limit of bitcoin is irrelevant.

gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 07:55:35 PM

Well it is if the exchange is insolvent and that's decided by the ability to withdraw coins and fiat.
rizzlarolla

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 07:57:24 PM

If you are shorting bitcoin with a 10X margin, would you expect to control the private keys?

Nope. But I'm shorting with the expectation of withdrawing the spoils from the exchange to a place where I do control the private keys. If they can't supply that then they're not going to last very long.

But probably long enough to part xhomerx10 from his bitcoin.
Another Hero member asking noob questions. Like you might hold the priv key if you 10x margin.

Sorry if i'm missing the humour?
rizzlarolla

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 07:59:35 PM

The general public would have no interest in withdrawing the bitcoin though, just the profits in cash.
Therefore the hard limit of bitcoin is irrelevant.

What are you talking about  Huh

you can move, store and take control of your coins anywhere there's a connection and some modest hardware.
You'll instantly know it's the real deal and it's a piece of piss to secure and just as easy to sell should the need arise. That's kind of the entire point of the whole thing.

Snipped for simplicity.  Cheesy
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 11:20:32 PM

Only the 21 million bitcoins will ever be the real ones.

Those people that hold bitcoin derivatives or IOU's are being scammed.

In a deflationary collapse, the real bitcoin's price will rise.

xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 8177

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 01:06:04 AM

But probably long enough to part xhomerx10 from his bitcoin.
Another Hero member asking noob questions. Like you might hold the priv key if you 10x margin.

Sorry if i'm missing the humour?

No humour intended.  I'm trying to make people think.
You would be playing with more bitcoins than you control.

To address your concerns about my status.  Posting more messages than a noob doesn't make me any smarter.  Also,
I don't trade.  I mine, buy and hodl.

mki8

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 04:51:40 AM

thats how exchanges work

all commodities including oil

everything is leveraged out

X 100,000

of what actually exists

you obviously have no idea how leverage on trading exchanges work.

nanonymousx

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 06:28:38 AM

Fine OP has a good point, if bitcoin future is traded in CME, then people will bet on future instead of actual Bitcoin. This is the conspiracy theory regarding Gold.
Personally I think we should all boycott Bitcoin future, Bitcoin ETF etc. If a person think Bitcoin will go up in value, buy the Bitcoin ,not ETF, not future.
Zitudent

Activity: 63
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 06:47:24 AM

If you keep the bitcoin in your own wallet and do not save them in banks, exchanges, then there will be no inflated coins.
martinacar

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 07:39:16 AM

We will not have that many Bitcoins per person that is I think not even possible. Do you know how much money that is right there. We would all become billionaires if that happened.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: