Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:03:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Poloniex Lending Bot Service  (Read 24936 times)
animalrobot (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 06:59:20 PM

I've been building a service that lets non-technical users deploy lending bots on Poloniex.  It's been live for about 1 month and has now generated over 75000 loans for its users.  Very much an open alpha / beta, and I'd appreciate any feedback!

https://i.imgur.com/87O8ukr.jpg

https://www.poloniexlendingbot.com/

-Ben

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Emerge
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 05:55:46 AM

I've been building a service that lets non-technical users deploy lending bots on Poloniex.  It's been live for about 1 month and has now generated over 75000 loans for its users.  Very much an open alpha / beta, and I'd appreciate any feedback!

-img-

https://www.poloniexlendingbot.com/

-Ben

Cool stuff. Do we deposit into the address in our accounts or do we transfer our exchange balance to lending balance within Poloniex?
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2016, 08:46:57 AM

Is it currently free to use while it's still in alpha? The website looks pretty good, definitely looks professional.
What is the minimum amount of BTC required to start lending, using your bot?

I'm asking because I'd like to know this before I create an account Smiley

animalrobot (OP)

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 12:21:15 PM

Thank you for the kind words!  To set it up, follow the setup instructions after you're prompted to enter your Poloniex API key, transfer your balance to your lending wallet on Poloniex, then activate the bot.  One of the innovative things I'm trying to do here, is offer a financial service that has very minimal access to your capital...so if you follow the setup instructions correctly, the bot *only* has permission to lend your funds, it can't trade or withdraw them...hence the need for the secondary deposit address so you can add credits to your bot to use the service.  There has definitely been some confusion around this and I'm working on the UI to make things more clear.

There are currently no minimums.  There will eventually be a tiered pricing structure to create incentives to lend more.  It's still a paid service in beta, because one of the critical components that should be tested is whether users will pay to use the service.  That said, your bot can be activated without paying the fees...so you can try it out for free, and pay only if you like it and want to keep going.

Thank you for the feedback, and happy to answer any other questions!
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2016, 02:30:47 PM

Cool service

DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 02:35:38 PM
Last edit: July 27, 2016, 02:53:27 PM by DebitMe

I like the service, but there is no way I will be paying 10% of my interest for it, unless you can show me that using your website will net me more than I can get by doing it manually.  I had read that back on Bitfinex the bot there was able to increase interest by roughly 15% or so, but I would need some proof to show that this is possible.  Obviously its a good idea, I just wouldn't be willing to pay that much for it when I can lend myself.

EDIT:  Trying it out now, will update once my funds hit my Polo account.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2016, 02:59:31 PM

I like the service, but there is no way I will be paying 10% of my interest for it, unless you can show me that using your website will net me more than I can get by doing it manually.  I had read that back on Bitfinex the bot there was able to increase interest by roughly 15% or so, but I would need some proof to show that this is possible.  Obviously its a good idea, I just wouldn't be willing to pay that much for it when I can lend myself.

EDIT:  Trying it out now, will update once my funds hit my Polo account.

If you miss manually lending for 10% of the days then it pays for itself

DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 04:22:42 PM

I really like your site and it is a great service and I think will get a lot of use.  I have been using it all week and everything is working with no problems whatsoever.  Will it remain free while in beta you said?  So I don't have to deposit any bot credits for the time being?

bitcapitalist

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 05:42:56 PM

Great site! Will check it out and let you know if I have questions
Financial_Genius

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 10:45:35 PM

Looks nice , I will try it later.
PremiumCodeX

Activity: 1204
Merit: 531

Metaverse 👾 Cyberweapons

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 01:43:48 PM

In the description I am reading "Poloniex safeguards against this, but there are circumstances where these safeguards could fail".

What are these "circumstances" exactly and how often do they occur according to your statistics?

[TUTORIAL] How to steal $350 000?
Best OS for recovering stolen BTCs.
Visit our FREE Bitcointalk thread.
DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 03:49:25 PM

In the description I am reading "Poloniex safeguards against this, but there are circumstances where these safeguards could fail".

What are these "circumstances" exactly and how often do they occur according to your statistics?

Basically if the price crashes really fast and there aren't enough buy orders to handle all the selling pressure from liquidating margin trading, then you can have a circumstance where there isn't enough liquidity to pay back lenders as the borrowers would be sub prime (under water).  Probably not going to happen, but it could.

PremiumCodeX

Activity: 1204
Merit: 531

Metaverse 👾 Cyberweapons

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 05:44:46 PM

Basically if the price crashes really fast and there aren't enough buy orders to handle all the selling pressure from liquidating margin trading, then you can have a circumstance where there isn't enough liquidity to pay back lenders as the borrowers would be sub prime (under water).  Probably not going to happen, but it could.

BTC has been doing pretty well this year and the predictions are positive for the next one, but you are right, you need to include the rarer, but still critical circumstances into the description. If the customers had huge difficulties with paying back due to sudden fall in BTC's price , I can understand you could not pay back the increased amounts of BTC to the providers who provided BTC when its price was higher because that would mean you would have to pay back BTC pro to the fallen rate and I also understand the BTC you can provide for this purpose is also limited and would fall in value at a crash. Well, thank you for clearing it up to me and I wish good luck to avoid such a crisis!

[TUTORIAL] How to steal $350 000?
Best OS for recovering stolen BTCs.
Visit our FREE Bitcointalk thread.
ricku

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 07:12:53 AM

Thanks a million animalrobot for this bot, i will look through it now and i hope it will be simple to understand and implement because naturally this out to cost some cash when buying.

someone111

Activity: 453

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 04:47:16 PM

Are the Margin Lending Rates from https://www.poloniexlendingbot.com/ realistic?

Are the Margin Lending Rates still up to date? Are these sometimes manually or automatically updated?

I am asking, because I would first make trades to get the most profitable coin which I then can lend.

Copy and paste from today.

Code:
Margin Lending Rates

Token APY*
ETH 4.39%
BTC 21.24%
BTS 1.69%
CLAM 36.56%
DOGE 0.98%
DASH 11.37%
LTC 1.02%
MAID 3.79%
STR 1.38%
XMR 133.83%
XRP 2.17%
FCT 8.01%
*Rates are volatile. These projections are the result of compounding current lending rates for 365 days and should be considered rough approximations.

-
DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 06:38:56 PM

Are the Margin Lending Rates from https://www.poloniexlendingbot.com/ realistic?

Are the Margin Lending Rates still up to date? Are these sometimes manually or automatically updated?

I am asking, because I would first make trades to get the most profitable coin which I then can lend.

Copy and paste from today.

Code:
Margin Lending Rates

Token APY*
ETH 4.39%
BTC 21.24%
BTS 1.69%
CLAM 36.56%
DOGE 0.98%
DASH 11.37%
LTC 1.02%
MAID 3.79%
STR 1.38%
XMR 133.83%
XRP 2.17%
FCT 8.01%
*Rates are volatile. These projections are the result of compounding current lending rates for 365 days and should be considered rough approximations.

They will change and are taken from the poloniex site based on a caculation that I assume uses the current percent earned at lending. Rates fluctuate a lot and probably isn't worth chasing coins for their current return value.

someone111

Activity: 453

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 09:24:06 PM

Great!

Why is this bot better than Poloniex lending auto renew?

How much negative bot credit balance is allowed before the bot stops working?

-
Updated

Activity: 33

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 03:38:18 PM

Never heard about this Lending stuff on Polo.
The bot service you are planing its like a P2P lending "platform"?
Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 03:15:15 PM

Thank you for the kind words!  To set it up, follow the setup instructions after you're prompted to enter your Poloniex API key, transfer your balance to your lending wallet on Poloniex, then activate the bot.  One of the innovative things I'm trying to do here, is offer a financial service that has very minimal access to your capital...so if you follow the setup instructions correctly, the bot *only* has permission to lend your funds, it can't trade or withdraw them...hence the need for the secondary deposit address so you can add credits to your bot to use the service.  There has definitely been some confusion around this and I'm working on the UI to make things more clear.

There are currently no minimums.  There will eventually be a tiered pricing structure to create incentives to lend more.  It's still a paid service in beta, because one of the critical components that should be tested is whether users will pay to use the service.  That said, your bot can be activated without paying the fees...so you can try it out for free, and pay only if you like it and want to keep going.

Thank you for the feedback, and happy to answer any other questions!

Maybe you should have posted this in the first one. It made all clear. You might want to edit it so that people will see this first.
It is really cool and I love it. Keep it up.
zakorus

Activity: 736
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 03:49:46 PM

cool!

I just signed up.
going to try this out tomorrow , when I have sometime off from work Smiley

▄▀▀▀▄
                  █▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀ ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄
                         █▀▀▀