Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:08:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Locked out of Bter by 2FA  (Read 897 times)
disgruntled. (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 08:36:55 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2016, 08:49:28 PM by disgruntled.

Bter locked me out of my account by adding a second step to logins that requires inputting a code they should email you.

Bter has never emailed a code to me despite repeated tickets. I can't withdraw the coins I have in my Bter account, and I suspect others have been locked out of their accounts with the same trick.

Please post here if you are also locked out of your Bter account because it won't send you a code.

This is a scam, Bter is stealing coins by refusing to email login codes.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Basaleyi

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 09:12:01 PM

many members left bter for long time since the hacking scenario try to contact bter support for that picture of you holding identity card will be requested to rest 2fa.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
disgruntled. (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 09:19:43 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2016, 02:23:23 AM by disgruntled.

many members left bter for long time since the hacking scenario try to contact bter support for that picture of you holding identity card will be requested to rest 2fa.

I tried contacting support many times and got no response. Bter hasn't asked for a picture of me holding an identity card because its stolen my coins and has no intention of returning them.

My guess is other users have had their coins stolen the same way.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 01:04:23 AM

I'd be very surprised if there's anyone bothering to monitor support any more. It's been dying slowly forever and the operator pretty much has zero incentive to keep it viable other than the occasional raping of a customer perhaps.
disgruntled. (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 02:17:18 AM

I found one post in another Bter scam accusation thread by a user with similar problems to me. Like him I never setup 2FA there. For every complainant on this scam section there are probably dozens of others who were scammed by the same scammer but who didn't complain.

Just tried today to login into bter and surprise: It is asking me for 2FA authentication which I never setup there.
I'm not sure if account has been hacked as it let me to login with my old psswd, but then appears screen asking me for auth code sent to my email.

There is a problem as I don't have access to this email long time.
2nd As I said I never setup 2FA there. did they introduced 2FA as obligatory?
How to solve my problem? Anyone from support here?
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2016, 05:23:12 AM

Have you checked to make sure your email provider is not blocking their emails?
romeshomey

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 07:58:06 PM

Bter locked me out of my account by adding a second step to logins that requires inputting a code they should email you.

Bter has never emailed a code to me despite repeated tickets. I can't withdraw the coins I have in my Bter account, and I suspect others have been locked out of their accounts with the same trick.

Please post here if you are also locked out of your Bter account because it won't send you a code.

Actually, that 2nd step to login is just entering your 2FA code again.  It asks for it twice.  You can also turn that 2nd login step off.

Edit:  I see you mention you never turned on 2FA.  Well if thats the case, maybe someone else did.  lol
morantis

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 09:35:25 PM

Actually, that 2nd step to login is just entering your 2FA code again.  It asks for it twice.  You can also turn that 2nd login step off.

Edit:  I see you mention you never turned on 2FA.  Well if thats the case, maybe someone else did.  lol

its just somebody confused about their account and unable to work it out.  I used them on and off for years and they respind within two hours to a support request, most sites of that type take a full day to get back to you
disgruntled. (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 06:17:40 PM
Last edit: July 18, 2016, 06:35:36 PM by disgruntled.

Edit:  I see you mention you never turned on 2FA.  Well if thats the case, maybe someone else did.  lol

its just somebody confused about their account and unable to work it out.  I used them on and off for years and they respind within two hours to a support request, most sites of that type take a full day to get back to you

You claim they respond within two hours to a support request, but all these posters claim they waited much longer, sometimes for months, and sometimes never getting a reply.

I'm not confused about my account, and neither are they. Bter turned on 2FA without me requesting it, and is refusing to email me a code to use on the second login screen that requests input of an emailed code. Bter locked me out of my account and stole my money. It hasn't replied to any of the support tickets I made months ago.

Same here.
deposited 6m qora (it is about $100) and they never credited my account.

Complete SCAM avoid BTER at all cost.

2 months and they even don't respond to the ticket.

Thanks
Mikhail

After hack drama problems are too many and they are not trying to solve them I have ticket and its almost 4 months they never reply so use of this exchange is not recommended for any one

They do not answer to my tickets since 20-01-2016, withdrawal of about 1850 XMR didn't reach destination.

Long time back, I also had tried to deposit some Litecoins on Bter.
After waiting more than 24 hours for my deposits to reflect on their wallet, I sent an email to support@bter.com, asking them 24 hours to respond regarding the alleged accusations or to refund my coins, but I haven't heard a single word from them yet.
And I left hope after reading this.

Bter and Cryptsy are all on a same flock.
SmartIphone
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 08:15:15 PM

I just logged in with my account on bter and it worked (through 2FA), however they haven't credited my account yet, it has become a long time since they made the last part of 'refund', I have send them few tickets before but I always got an answer after a month or two and same answer nothing worth to mention.
Basaleyi

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 11:24:09 AM

First time i red about digital trading to know more about bitcoin against Alternative coins and what is the best exchanges around , lots of friend advice me to stay away from Chinese exchanges specially Bter because sometime they disable withdraw for some coins with no warning and valid reason so i used only bittrex & Poloniex .

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: