Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 10:50:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 80 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XVC] Vcash Official Community Thread ▱ Zerotime ▱ Anon ▱ Auto Block Size  (Read 150746 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jack-fraser

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 04:17:53 AM
Last edit: June 27, 2016, 04:32:42 AM by jack-fraser

Did you know it is illegal to say "Vcash is better than Bitcoin"? Open your economics book from high school and read it, it's in there in the marketing chapter. Wink

Regarding the videos:

Only the developers have the skills to do this "correctly and accurately" anything else would be "guessing". There is only a handful of people that understand the Vcash source code in it's entirety.

I did an hour video rant the other day, perhaps I will start a soundcloud for ranting. Video isn't always the best way to describe technology, speaking on a different level that people already understand is less distracting. Videos are best for "promos" IMHO.

For example: A ZeroTime Lock is an irrevocable contract between sender and recipient that ensures the recipient imediately owns the contents of the transaction with little to no wait time.

That said describing these technologies in a fun way is actually very easy.

Frankly, that isn't a good enough reason for someone to not make videos to help people learn about vcash. Perhaps I'd need to make 10 different iterations of the same video until you would sign off on it and say that it 100% reflects how the code works. That would be a better result than me not making any videos because I do not have a requisite knowledge right in this moment. There has to be easier way for a layman to obtain a conversational understanding of zerotime and chain blender than reading the source code / white papers.

I would give a listen to some talks / videos / rants.

That example is fine but doesn't say a lot for people that want to learn about vcash more in depth but can't/won't read source code.

For example: a video about zerotime would describe what it does / how it does it and then actually go in and describe the step by step process of how it accomplishes that. Tracing the locked tx as it moves throughout the network and describing how/why the lock is immune to double spends / how network resolves conflicts if 50% of the nodes have one tx locked and 50% have the same inputs locked for different outputs / what happens to a tx that isn't included in the 60 minute lock time frame.
groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 08:16:07 AM
Last edit: June 27, 2016, 08:46:57 AM by groggin

Quote from: jack-fraser
For example: a video about zerotime would describe what it does / how it does it and then actually go in and describe the step by step process of how it accomplishes that. Tracing the locked tx as it moves throughout the network and describing how/why the lock is immune to double spends / how network resolves conflicts if 50% of the nodes have one tx locked and 50% have the same inputs locked for different outputs / what happens to a tx that isn't included in the 60 minute lock time frame.

i agree, some edu videos could do a lot for us, but

Quote from: john-connor
Only the developers have the skills to do this "correctly and accurately" anything else would be "guessing". There is only a handful of people that understand the Vcash source code in it's entirety.

so i think if someone wants to have a go at it, K.I.S.Sweetie, the 10 minute attention span ... those that really want the finer details can ask or learn to read  Wink

a comunity raised bounty might work well, should be worth (future value?) at least a couple days pay i'd guess, ~10,000 v.cash? 1,000 xvc/video-minute?

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
john-connor

Activity: 596
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 09:07:01 AM

Did you know it is illegal to say "Vcash is better than Bitcoin"? Open your economics book from high school and read it, it's in there in the marketing chapter. Wink

Regarding the videos:

I did an hour video rant the other day, perhaps I will start a soundcloud for ranting. Video isn't always the best way to describe technology, speaking on a different level that people already understand is less distracting. Videos are best for "promos" IMHO.

For example: A ZeroTime Lock is an irrevocable contract between sender and recipient that ensures the recipient imediately owns the contents of the transaction with little to no wait time.

That said describing these technologies in a fun way is actually very easy.

Frankly, that isn't a good enough reason for someone to not make videos to help people learn about vcash. Perhaps I'd need to make 10 different iterations of the same video until you would sign off on it and say that it 100% reflects how the code works. That would be a better result than me not making any videos because I do not have a requisite knowledge right in this moment. There has to be easier way for a layman to obtain a conversational understanding of zerotime and chain blender than reading the source code / white papers.

I would give a listen to some talks / videos / rants.

That example is fine but doesn't say a lot for people that want to learn about vcash more in depth but can't/won't read source code.

It will take $$$ for someone to create animated videos that people can easily follow. It would cost several thousand dollars to create the whole lot of videos. We will not sign off on anything that is "some guy talking to a camera", it must be animated as previously mentioned.

I've never seen a video describing DarkSend, instantX, etc (only demos).

Minter                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█

▄█████▄   ▄▄
▐█▄           ▄███████████▀
████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
████████▄▄   ▐████████████
 ████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████
 ▀███████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████
   ████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████████████▀
  ▀▀█████████▀▀
dadingsda
Legendary

Activity: 1310
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 12:28:25 PM

German Thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1527711.msg15371505#msg15371505

please tip me!

VjBCfZhkV2czWkt5f8P4mMB8hEF9532nLa

THANK YOU!

I sent 30 XVC to you
Thanks!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
gnargnar
Legendary

Activity: 1111

crypto-enthusiast since 2012

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 12:41:42 PM

Everyone here agrees that XVC has the best coin tech for a crypto currency. Speed, instant spend, secure, scalable automatically, anon if you want, super peers, etc. etc. But we also all agree it needs marketing and being brought to the right people and corporations for it to take hold. That is the difficult part. I figured the creator would have ideas and plans for that aspect since he has a degree in economics, but still waiting. And yes, I spread the word for 2 years to the point some people think I'm crazy, so I don't want to hear about everyone not doing their part, most are.
When you start a company after raising say 4 million USD it takes years (2 to 3 on average) to build the company and product into a marketable solution. I've founded or co-founded dozens of multi-million dollar companies. Lastly, you already know that we have a decentralised governance protocol to pay for marketing but it's useless deployed @ 9 cents USD.

If you are invested XVC you cannot complain about the facts that we cannot control (market price) and Market price is set by a MM not marketing.

Here is Wolong's paper again for those that do not understand how market price actually moves:

http://coincidental.eu/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/wolong-god.pdf

Marketing is good for building a community of adopters but not moving the market price.

It was an interesting read once again. Thanks for the link @john-connor, been over a year since I first read that and I can remember at that time, when pump and dump groups where openly "recruiting" here on BCT, this wolong's book changed completely my trading strategy and what I was looking for when entering a position in alts. I was more looking at the community back then and after reading it, that aspect fell few ranks in my checklist.

I can see the same patterns and stage (the price suppression part) on few alts that I follow right now.
How "low" they want XVC to go, that I don't know.

Here's an interesting excerpt from that book that I consider apply totally to Vcash :

"...but people are always confuse with prices and value. Having
value does not mean having a price, and having a high price does not mean it
has value."

One thing I do different with XVC is that, at these current prices, I'm buying with a strategy of keeping the most %% of what I buy, by selling (when it will raise again) the smaller amount of coins I can only to recoup my investment to a wanted level. Usually, I'm selling alts once in profit zone, but as I consider XVC of great value, this one is a keeper!

(thank you john!)
jack-fraser

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 12:54:14 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2016, 04:17:03 PM by jack-fraser

It will take $$$ for someone to create animated videos that people can easily follow. It would cost several thousand dollars to create the whole lot of videos. We will not sign off on anything that is "some guy talking to a camera", it must be animated as previously mentioned.

I've never seen a video describing DarkSend, instantX, etc (only demos).
I was thinking it would look more like the video of someone giving a talk at a programming conference with sort of a slide show and a voice over.

As long as there is a visual aid that helps clarify what's being talked about and the visual aid and video are high quality that should be good enough.

Perhaps something in the same vein as this video about bitcoin https://youtube.com/watch?v=Lx9zgZCMqXE

Edit: that's not to say that these videos will solve the price manipulation but by building a larger community you can create more demand. If we can raise the market cap high enough through increasing demand so that less individuals have the means to manipulate the price than that will be a good thing Cheesy. There is only so much a community can do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
lucsky

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 01:30:58 PM

Within two days, it will be released the beta test of the new exchange of Realsolid: The Rawx. I believe this Exchange will have a similar volume of the major exchanges like Kraken.

Because only 5 altcoins be traded, it will be a promising indication that the value of Vcash will increase?

https://rawx.io/
ray88

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 01:34:18 PM

If any one want to use my V.cash signature feel free to grab it :
Code:
[url=http://V.Cash/][font=Verdana][size=13pt][color=#AE0123][b]      █      [i]V[/i]cash      [/size][size=8pt][b][color=#AE0123] █ anonymous & fungible: ChainBlender █ speed & double-spend protection: ZeroTime █ code audit: Poloniex (single confirmation deposit) █ ledger (blockchain): Adaptive block size algorithm[/color][/size]
lucsky

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 06:11:04 PM

XVC is becoming an innovative currency, but in the underground scene.

View other Cryptos as Bitcoin, copying their innovations and not give credit, it is a poor attitude.
arseaboy

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 09:03:19 PM

XVC is becoming an innovative currency, but in the underground scene.

View other Cryptos as Bitcoin, copying their innovations and not give credit, it is a poor attitude.
we all need to let everyone knew about this, this project needed to be broadcast need to have more popularity good coin for better future I hope investors will acknowledge and suppor this project. good luck john.

██████████████████████  ▀███▄          ▄██▄          ▄██████▄   █████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀███▄        ▄████▄        ▄███▀▀███▄   █████████████████████████
                          ▀███▄      ▄██████▄      ▄███▀  ▀███▄       ▐███       ███▌
                           ▀███▄    ▄███▀▀███▄    ▄███▀    ▀███▄      ▐███       ███▌
   █████████████████        ▀███▄  ▄███▀  ▀███▄  ▄███▀      ▀███▄     ▐███       ███▌
                             ▀███▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄███▀        ▀███▄    ▐███       ███▌
                              ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀          ▀███▄   ▐███       ███▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▀████▀        ▀████▀            ▀███▄  ▐███       ███▌
██████████████████████          ▀██▀          ▀██▀              ▀███▄ ▐███       ███▌

R E I M A G I N I N G    E N E R G Y
█▄
▄█████▄
▄████▀████▄
▄█████▌ ▐█████▄
▄███▀▀██▌ ▐██▀▀███▄
▄█████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄█████▄
█████████▄     ▄█████████
██████  ▀██▌ ▐██▀  ██████
▀██████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄██████▀
▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
▀▀██████▌ ▐██████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀▀▀▀
█████
[.
TELEGRAM    MEDIUM
TWITTER   FACEBOOK
]███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
[PRE-SALE]
C O M I N G 
SOON███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
lucsky

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 12:42:11 AM

A curious fact: every time I make a market order on XVC-BTC at Poloniex, comes a Bot and keep the currency at a certain price limit. It would be some Dev altcoins with jealous?  Angry
groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 02:19:24 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2016, 02:40:38 AM by groggin

A curious fact: every time I make a market order on XVC-BTC at Poloniex, comes a Bot and keep the currency at a certain price limit. It would be some Dev altcoins with jealous?  Angry

compared to the financial ecosystem embeded around btc, vcash is (and since its inception 1-1/2 years ago), revolutionary. if successful, it will disrupt the oh-so-comfortable lives of many a fat-cat lleeching off of the current system. market manipulation is one of their tools, as are the trolls they send here to spread their FUD. vcash represents a new paradigm/business model that will not support their activities, and global the financial war comes to Boomtown too.    Angry

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
DiCE1904
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2016, 03:55:01 AM

Cracks me up when John Conner gets in here and lays down some truth

EmilioMann
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 05:05:30 PM

Hey guys who have incentive nodes. Yesterday was realized a stress test. Take a look at this:
https://v.cash/forum/threads/12-month-timeline.349/page-3#post-6841

https://v.cash/forum/threads/network-stress-tests.513/#post-6827

Ultracombo

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 09:41:44 PM

Hey guys, a friend of mine made this video (intro), I'm posting here for some feedback xD What do you think? Any suggestions?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JJKSmAsw8Q
jack-fraser

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 11:46:14 PM

Hey guys, a friend of mine made this video (intro), I'm posting here for some feedback xD What do you think? Any suggestions?

Hopefully you got that okay'd by the vcash team.

They didn't like me trying to create a splash page explaining vcash.

https://github.com/jack-fraser/crypto-currency-splash/issues/1
V.cash (OP)

Activity: 58

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 11:56:14 PM

As you know, Vcash has a lot of innovative technology, I think it happened to protect it.

Maybe if you had been more clear and warned the devteam that would create a nice site, you would not have received this notice.
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 11:59:26 PM

As you know, Vcash has a lot of innovative technology, I think it happened to protect it.

Maybe if you had been more clear and warned the devteam that would create a nice site, you would not have received this notice.

yes i think if you coordinated it first or if you joined the main forum of vcash i think you will be possibly be rewarded instead of that
warning john and the rest of the team is so great and nice.
lucsky

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 03:22:35 AM

Whaaaat ?!

That was awesome! It is a mixture of the series of TV Person of Interest and the game WatcDogs. Within seconds, your friend forwarded the intentions of this altcoin.

I liked him to have mentioned the name of John Connor. It's nice to see the right people receive due credit for their work. The BTC Devs have much to learn from this.
pseudonymdude
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 04:20:52 PM

Yeah, the video is well-made in my opinion.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 80 »
  Print  

Jump to: