Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:56:33 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 5 reasons for global marijuana legalization  (Read 3560 times)
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2016, 11:54:05 AM

Well I think that marijuana legalization ain't right. Well it should just be legalized for medical purposes only. If it were to be used for other purpose, then it should not be legalized.

Can you explain your reasoning for not allowing recreational use?  Not allowing medical use is criminal,  recreational use should be legal imo  because why not?  Coffee, alcohol, nicotine, chocolate and tea are all legal and most of these have far worse health implications than marijuana.

virtualx

Activity: 672
Merit: 507

LOTEO

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 02:29:25 PM

Well I think that marijuana legalization ain't right. Well it should just be legalized for medical purposes only. If it were to be used for other purpose, then it should not be legalized.

Marijuana legalization could be a billion dollar industry. It could provide jobs for unemployed and a boost in the economy.

So after weed is legal do we stop there? Did we stop when alcohol became legal? No we're trying to make weed legal now too. So I guess heroine and meth and all substances will just be legal eventually then.

Comparing heroine to marijuana  Roll Eyes

...loteo...
DIGITAL ERA LOTTERY

r

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████████▄
▄██  ███████▌ ▐██████████████▄
▐██▌ ▐█▀  ▀█    ▐█▀   ▀██▀  ▀██▌
▐██  █▌ █▌ ██  ██▌ ██▌ █▌ █▌ ██▌
▐█▌ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█▌ ▐██  ▄▄▄██ ▐█ ▐██▌
▐█  ██▄  ▄██    █▄    ██▄  ▄███▌
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
r

RPLAY NOWR
BE A MOON VISITOR!
[/center]
Masha Sha

Activity: 560
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 02:44:19 PM

Marijuana legalization could be a billion dollar industry. It could provide jobs for unemployed and a boost in the economy.

So after weed is legal do we stop there? Did we stop when alcohol became legal? No we're trying to make weed legal now too. So I guess heroine and meth and all substances will just be legal eventually then.

Comparing heroine to marijuana  Roll Eyes

And fight global warming by sequestration of co2...

Personally I have 0 problem to use drones hellfire missiles against people like Seansky. Let's say that my daughter started to use weed or heroin. Seansky will want to jail her for a victimless crime and expose her to criminal. I will cheers and celebrate and replay the video of when the missile blow the hell out of seansky... What a great day. 1 terrorist less. And I don't care if it's a few billions people... Drone manufacturing and before God after such mass extermination I would say and answer : 1 for my daughter 2 for the survival of a plant so that thy creation isn't exterminated. I wait for thy judgement.

Remember seansky the monopoly of violence can switch from one election (or coup).

/sarc /snowflakeshield /iammorevirtuousthanyou /2692 /pixelsonscreeen /fuckthemusep2p /p2p=love
helloeverybody
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2016, 04:30:30 PM

having marijuana illegal just make normal people into criminals, As said above its a victimless crime or it would be if it was legal, Its the illicit trade that makes marijuana bad.

As far back as we have documentation, humans enjoyed taking mind altering substances but at the moment the only thing you can take is alcohol. Why not have an option to take something much much more harmless? A recent article i read compared the negative effects of taking marijuana to similar as not flossing. In actual fact comparing marijuana to drugs like heroin and alcohol is ridiculous due to how much more dangerous these 2 are.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 05:32:49 PM

What good is life without fun? I mean, if you have all the money in the world, and all the authority in the world, and all the knowledge, and all the power, but you don't have fun, what good is it to live?

The smart people in government, the ones with the authority, the ones with the money, the ones with the knowledge, the ones with the power... they don't have fun. Rather, they are miserable. And they are so jealous of the rest of us for having marijuana fun, that they have made it illegal just so that we will be miserable just like they are.

You know the old saying, "Misery loves company."

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
helloeverybody
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2016, 06:29:02 PM

What good is life without fun? I mean, if you have all the money in the world, and all the authority in the world, and all the knowledge, and all the power, but you don't have fun, what good is it to live?

The smart people in government, the ones with the authority, the ones with the money, the ones with the knowledge, the ones with the power... they don't have fun. Rather, they are miserable. And they are so jealous of the rest of us for having marijuana fun, that they have made it illegal just so that we will be miserable just like they are.

Cool

Can you just confirm that you are actually advocating legalising marijuana? If so this is probably the first thing we can finally agree on. This is one area where i actually look up to america for pushing legislation forward (even if it is their fault it was banned in the first place )

mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 06:59:24 PM

Can you just confirm that you are actually advocating legalising marijuana? If so this is probably the first thing we can finally agree on. This is one area where i actually look up to america for pushing legislation forward (even if it is their fault it was banned in the first place )

Totally agreed.
But you can't blame USA for the bann of marijuana. You must blame our useless shitty governments for, like everytime, kissing the ass of USA. Like in most things, our shitty weak elected assholes decided to obey the Americans while they should have just told us "man you're just too stupid to be even listened" and go on with an actual logical legislation...

But hey, USA corrupted nearly every aspect of our life, marijuana is just one of them...

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 07:06:47 PM

Cool

I am totally NOT NOT NOT advocating legalizing marijuana. Why not? Legalization means government control, just like illegalization does. Government has too much control already. Rather, let them repeal all the laws against marijuana, and then drop out of the picture, letting the people be free to do what they want.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
helloeverybody
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2016, 07:11:50 PM

Cool

I am totally NOT NOT NOT advocating legalizing marijuana. Why not? Legalization means government control, just like illegalization does. Government has too much control already. Rather, let them repeal all the laws against marijuana, and then drop out of the picture, letting the people be free to do what they want.

Cool

Well if thats the case then id also be happy to do away with any kind of legislation and put the power into the peoples hands so i agree with you here that it should be totally beyond goverment control, although i would be willing to settle of legalisation since thats the best shot we have.

Totally agreed.
But you can't blame USA for the bann of marijuana. You must blame our useless shitty governments for, like everytime, kissing the ass of USA. Like in most things, our shitty weak elected assholes decided to obey the Americans while they should have just told us "man you're just too stupid to be even listened" and go on with an actual logical legislation...

But hey, USA corrupted nearly every aspect of our life, marijuana is just one of them...

I agree that our politicians were just as bad to go along with the whole thing but alas, It happened and thats what we're now stuck with Sad

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 07:22:43 PM

Cool

Cool

Well if thats the case then id also be happy to do away with any kind of legislation and put the power into the peoples hands so i agree with you here that it should be totally beyond goverment control, although i would be willing to settle of legalisation since thats the best shot we have.

THE PEOPLE HAVE THE POWER, ALREADY. They simply don't realize how much power they have. If they didn't, government would have overrun the whole country long ago.

I'll re-post this Karl Lentz post entirely so that you can simply watch the video. The whole video is more than 5 hours, but you need to watch only 10 minutes of it (from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1523090.msg15323373#msg15323373, but re-posted below). CLICK THE LINK IN THE PICTURES BELOW. Don't stop with the video. Learn all that Karl has to say.

Flat Earth con exposed?! This is what Karl Lentz is doing to expose the whole government.

Karl Lentz at Johnson City Tennessee - April 16th 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN3MI70PFBw

Cool

Masha Sha

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 07:29:31 PM

Cool

Cool

This point can be illustrated in the Bitcoin world so easily... The only statist who imposed a license (nyc) will repeal it when they will see how stupid it makes them.

There is no law in Bitcoin, some companies go bust other raise... The market is dynamic, there are 1000's of Alts competiting to dethrone the King and it's moving great.

The free market is the second most powerful force in the universe, because it's the will of men (the 1st being the Will of God).

Not everyone chose the path of victim hood in the drug war... The cartels and those producers in Afghanistan are ready to kill... And a lot (as much as necessary to guarantee the flow) and the most beautiful thing is that the price reflect the risk making the war on drug simply impossible to win because some children of those profiting of the war on drug consume it (and not only them) making the circle of more violence inevitable.

Anyway all cops and judge played hard in Mexico until the nice guy from the cartel were replaced by a more adapted group, ready to profi from the high price induced by higher risks... At what ever the cost. Furthermore the drug war is wasting limited state resources whose lack will contribute to the professionalism of the drug traders.

More fun is when corrupt politicians receive bribe from the drug trade and then directly or indirectly but some...

Total irrational. I side with the Chinese Emperor who refused the concept of the illegality of a plant.

Birth control pills are way more dangerous to water quality... But it's beyond the intellect of boiling water with radiation monkey descendants ;-)

/sarc /snowflakeshield /iammorevirtuousthanyou /2692 /pixelsonscreeen /fuckthemusep2p /p2p=love
groll

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 07:15:31 AM

Here in our country there are group of people who are pushing it to be legalized as it has medicinal value.  I just watched it like a few days ago, a documentary about an epileptic two year old girl.  Because of the hard times her mother seeing her child suffering like that, she learned upon seeing and researching on the internet that marijuana is such a big help/treatment.  There are group of people and some doctors here who are pushing marijuana to be legalized.  On the limit of, it has to be requested by a certain patient who needed the cannabis oil, the oil that was extracted from marijuana that according to them can treat cancer and epilepsy. 
Jmild1

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 10:34:21 AM

Here in our country there are group of people who are pushing it to be legalized as it has medicinal value.  I just watched it like a few days ago, a documentary about an epileptic two year old girl.  Because of the hard times her mother seeing her child suffering like that, she learned upon seeing and researching on the internet that marijuana is such a big help/treatment.  There are group of people and some doctors here who are pushing marijuana to be legalized.  On the limit of, it has to be requested by a certain patient who needed the cannabis oil, the oil that was extracted from marijuana that according to them can treat cancer and epilepsy.  
Marijuana has never been a threat for any health issue, it is the media that putting bad image on it. In fact, marijuana is way safer than alcohol and cigarette.

I think government made it illegal for businesses like alcohol and cigarette to profit.
helloeverybody
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2016, 11:41:16 AM

Here in our country there are group of people who are pushing it to be legalized as it has medicinal value.  I just watched it like a few days ago, a documentary about an epileptic two year old girl.  Because of the hard times her mother seeing her child suffering like that, she learned upon seeing and researching on the internet that marijuana is such a big help/treatment.  There are group of people and some doctors here who are pushing marijuana to be legalized.  On the limit of, it has to be requested by a certain patient who needed the cannabis oil, the oil that was extracted from marijuana that according to them can treat cancer and epilepsy.  
Marijuana has never been a threat for any health issue, it is the media that putting bad image on it. In fact, marijuana is way safer than alcohol and cigarette.

I think government made it illegal for businesses like alcohol and cigarette to profit.

I Beleive one of the original reasons it was banned was not due to it beinga drug  but due to hemp being a superior product to what w avaliable at the time. Nowadays though the big pharmaceutical company's don't want it legalized because they would lose a fortune  (at the moment some marijuana products exist made by gw pharmacys (sativa i think it's called)  but the cost of actually getting prescribed it is massive whereas if marujuana was legal then you could grow your own for a fraction of the cost.  Also as an alternative to highly addictive opiods cannabis is fat better if it works for you due to the lack of any side effects.

ardentvolcanoes

Activity: 1050

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 11:42:17 AM

2) Medicinal

Marijuana has many medicinal uses, in my case, mental health. Research funded by the US government (Yes, the same people

who schedule it as a drug with no medicinal value, shows that marijuana acts on the same receptors of the brain as

benzodiazepine drugs do, which are prescribed as a commercial treatment for generalized anxiety disorder today. Of

course, cannabis is less stronger, which also makes it less addictive, and it bears none of the side effects that the

pharmaceutical drugs do. There have been very few deaths attributed to medicinal marijuana use. There are none that I am

aware of.

I agree that it should be legalize the main reason is for its medicinal use according to some article that i have read before Marijuana can be used to treat and prevent the eye disease glaucoma, which increases pressure in the eyeball, damaging the optic nerve and causing loss of vision. And i cam be very helpful to those people who have epilepsy .
bitcoinboy12

Activity: 518
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 03:35:35 PM

2) Medicinal

Marijuana has many medicinal uses, in my case, mental health. Research funded by the US government (Yes, the same people

who schedule it as a drug with no medicinal value, shows that marijuana acts on the same receptors of the brain as

benzodiazepine drugs do, which are prescribed as a commercial treatment for generalized anxiety disorder today. Of

course, cannabis is less stronger, which also makes it less addictive, and it bears none of the side effects that the

pharmaceutical drugs do. There have been very few deaths attributed to medicinal marijuana use. There are none that I am

aware of.

I agree that it should be legalize the main reason is for its medicinal use according to some article that i have read before Marijuana can be used to treat and prevent the eye disease glaucoma, which increases pressure in the eyeball, damaging the optic nerve and causing loss of vision. And i cam be very helpful to those people who have epilepsy .

Guess it's clever to just have this regulated. People and studies nowadays have actually proven how this herb really works medical miracles. Why should we keep this from treating people.

awesome31312 (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 01:56:34 PM

I say this from an American perspective. When you have a constitution that does not allow the State to regulate what you cannot consume, and the majority (>=50%) disapprove of it, you live in neither a democracy nor a constitutional Republic, but a fascist corporate oligarchy run by a fearmongering elite.

Account recovered 08-12-2019
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 05:59:27 PM

Can you explain your reasoning for not allowing recreational use?  Not allowing medical use is criminal,  recreational use should be legal imo  because why not?  Coffee, alcohol, nicotine, chocolate and tea are all legal and most of these have far worse health implications than marijuana.

You are right on target. Marijuana is no more dangerous than coffee or tea. OK... forget coffee and tea... even forget tobacco and alcohol. American Indians are allowed to use peyote, which causes hallucinations and visions. Magic mushrooms are legal in New Mexico. Then why the government is so much against the use of Marijuana?
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 06:57:33 PM

Social media, though often the subject of severe criticism of our youth, has caused radical changes to our political

system, even though we don't notice it.

As we saw the legalization of gay marriage in the USA, I saw it not as legalization, but rather, an "unblock" on civil

liberties of a group of people.

Such is the same for marijuana legalization. For the sake of simplicity, neglected from the article are very important

points such as; The military industrial complex, the failed war on drugs and its burden on the taxpayer

So, without further bantering, here are my five arguments!

1) Civil liberty

This is number 1 because in this case, it does not matter if you are using marijuana for recreational (to just get high!

Cheesy), medicinal (there are several applications), spiritual, or religious purposes, but because, as a Libertarian, I

believe that the principles of liberties are universal. If a group of people by general consensus can claim ownership

over your civil liberties by a 51% vote, then there is obviously a moral issue there, making the concerned human being

very undemocratic.

2) Medicinal

aware of.

3) Cultural

Marijuana has been a part of several cultural practices. Ancient civilizations have been using the plant for ceremonies

for thousands of years. A lot of these civilizations have been subject to erasure due to post colonialism under the

corporatocracy. It is only fair that they be allowed to partake in cultural traditions, as Americans do with their

alcohol.

4) Religious

Human beings are very religious people. I myself am opposed to several organized religions, including Christianity,

Judaism, and Islam (No debating!). However, by imposing my religious views (or lack, thereof) on a religious group of

people would make me guilty of the very same vices that I accuse them of.

5) Prohibition was founded on a lie

We were told that marijuana was dangerous, that it can lead to permanent psychosis, cause schizophrenia (this is the

"vaccines cause autism" of our times and has no scientific basis), and corrupt our youth by having them lead immoral and

destitute lives. However, several states have done well under legalization, reducing addiction and crime rates in just a

few years (Colorado is one example)

Please discuss, but be civil! Thou hast been warned..

You forgot the biggest reason. Legalization gives government the right to tax us for marijuana growing, owning and use.

I say, get government out of our lives. Repeal laws that make marijuana illegal, and don't add any that make it legal. Let us be free of taxes, and free to use marijuana as we choose, without government regulation and interference.

Cool

HaXX0R1337

Activity: 574

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 07:30:30 PM

in my country, many young people are dying because of synthetic drugs.
Why would they use it? Because they are still new, so they are legal.
Some people dont want to use regular drugs, because the law will punish you- and synthetic are legal, but they are deadly in most cases.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████▀▀       ▀▀█████▄
 ▄████▀             ▀████▄
▄████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀████▄
█████    █████████    █████
█████    ████████▀    █████
█████     ▄▄▄▄        █████
▀████▄   ██████      ▄████▀
 ▀████   █████▀     ▄████▀