Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:40:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: instawallet has fallen new owner stealing  (Read 13347 times)
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2013, 02:05:34 AM

Did something happen?
On Instawallet's site, whatever webpage you try to go to, it gives a "We're sorry, but something went wrong." message.
WTF? Tongue

Critical: Current Bitcoin network fork. Action needed by mining pools. Merchants should hold transactions.

Valid reason ?
But apparently our bitcoind version is not affected. Should be back to normal in minutes.

The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Injust
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 02:15:37 AM

Did something happen?
On Instawallet's site, whatever webpage you try to go to, it gives a "We're sorry, but something went wrong." message.
WTF? Tongue

Critical: Current Bitcoin network fork. Action needed by mining pools. Merchants should hold transactions.

Valid reason ?
But apparently our bitcoind version is not affected. Should be back to normal in minutes.

LOLk
I guess I didn't see that Cheesy I posted before that alert went up.
What's with the alert, anyway?
Instawallet's back up, so yeah Smiley
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2013, 02:39:27 AM

Did something happen?
WTF? Tongue

Valid reason ?

LOLk
I guess I didn't see that Cheesy I posted before that alert went up.
What's with the alert, anyway?
Instawallet's back up, so yeah Smiley

At the exact moment I was about to go to bed I check my mailbox and I have this e-mail from a Bitcoin-Central user that I know, basically says "SHUT YOUR BITCOIND NAOOO".
Which I did. There was a chain fork due to a bug in 0.7 that was triggered by 0.8. The choice was made to have chains converge on the 0.7 version.

Since instawallet runs a patched client that is 0.6 it isn't affected and will work fine as soon as the chains converge, until then transaction confirmations will slow down.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2013, 04:55:51 AM

Did something happen?
WTF? Tongue

Up to this thread, I wasn't concern, but you made me look. It's up, and all my coins are still there. Damn, I don't want have seconds thought about IW, for I believe them to be up-and-up.

I sure the hell would hate to come here in the future joining some choir, then being told that I shouldn't have had all my coins in one place as I've read 100's of times on this forum, but to date have ignored said advice.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 06:55:32 PM

So if instawallet has access your coin isn't this just a matter of time till they are hacked, or "hacked" and they all run off with the coins.

davout is about the last person on this board I'd suspect to pull a stunt like that.

Of course, now that I've said that, he'd be able to pull a stunt like that and no one would suspect him.  Undecided
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 09:00:09 PM

So if instawallet has access your coin isn't this just a matter of time till they are hacked, or "hacked" and they all run off with the coins.

davout is about the last person on this board I'd suspect to pull a stunt like that.

Of course, now that I've said that, he'd be able to pull a stunt like that and no one would suspect him.  Undecided

Just like Pirate... Roll Eyes
Herodes

Activity: 868

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 09:07:03 PM

There was a guy yesterday who claimed that he invested 40K USD in bitcoin, and then the fork happened, and he was sweating all over because his wife didn't know.. Same guy ?

Online wallets are only for amounts you can afford to lose.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 09:21:21 PM

Of course, now that I've said that, he'd be able to pull a stunt like that and no one would suspect him.  Undecided

Just like Pirate... Roll Eyes

Pirate wasn't a Django Reinhardt fan, was he?  Sad

I mean, we wouldn't have been screaming our heads off for weeks on how pirate was going to scam people exactly as he did weeks later, if he was a Django Reinhardt fan.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 09:29:41 PM

There was a guy yesterday who claimed that he invested 40K USD in bitcoin, and then the fork happened, and he was sweating all over because his wife didn't know.. Same guy ?

Online wallets are only for amounts you can afford to lose.

If you at least looked at the date the thread was started you wouldn't even ask...
Herodes

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 10:00:25 PM

Exactly - not difficult to find an IP in Russia and log in from there.. When the incentive is high enough, even law abiding citizens may become thieves. But this is just a general comment, not directed at anyone in particular.
thewindrock (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 11:50:36 PM

wow I wonder how much he paid for instawallet.org? and he made 30,000,000. talk about a good investment! I wish everyone could be notified that has a instawallet before everyone gets robbed.
thewindrock (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 11:53:36 PM

I have gotten several pms from people saying they had the same thing happen. apparently the day the ownership changed is the day my cash got hacked. this is a big scam and obviously several people have been employed to cover it up. well have fun with that im sure what you deserve will come around eventually. seriously the same day ownership changes and a Russian hacker robs me!? I call bullshit. but seriously good job your like Hitler huge accomplishments but really fucked up

Those are some serious allegations. You better put some more info here along with them.

just wait till all the coins vanish as mine have! that info will be so solid you can eat it.. and trust me it does not leave a good taste in your mouth
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 02:23:58 AM

wow I wonder how much he paid for instawallet.org? and he made 30,000,000. talk about a good investment! I wish everyone could be notified that has a instawallet before everyone gets robbed.
He's made nothing.  $30,000,000 is the rough value of the coins currently deposited in instawallets, but that has nothing to do with how much profit he has made.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2013, 02:27:31 AM

He's made nothing.  $30,000,000 is the rough value of the coins currently deposited in instawallets, but that has nothing to do with how much profit he has made.

Unless he's implying that's what he would make if he runs.

Will somebody please put my mind to ease on this. IW is my wallet of choice, and you guys are starting to scare me.

~Bruno K~
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 02:40:45 AM

Will somebody please put my mind to ease on this. IW is my wallet of choice, and you guys are starting to scare me.

~Bruno K~

Run, Forrest, run!
thewindrock (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 02:49:42 AM

~Bruno K~

I have no reason to keep warning people I already consider my coins gone.. lol and yes im implying he is going to run with all the cash. he does in fact own all the coins stored at instawallet!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2013, 03:17:06 AM

~Bruno K~

I have no reason to keep warning people I already consider my coins gone.. lol and yes im implying he is going to run with all the cash. he does in fact own all the coins stored at instawallet!

I feel much better now. For a while there I thought I owned my coins. That takes a lot of pressure off of me.
Herodes

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 08:35:39 PM

The lesson to be learned: Never keep anything more in an online wallet then you can afford to lose.
repentance

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 10:25:57 AM

The lesson to be learned: Never keep anything more in an online wallet then you can afford to lose.

Or on an exchange, for that matter.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 10:39:45 AM

Or on an exchange, for that matter.

Or in your hotwallet, for that matter.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: