Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:35:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: instawallet has fallen new owner stealing  (Read 13356 times)
itsunderstood

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

American1973

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 05:34:58 PM

3.2 BTC stolen from me, and 3.2 from a friend of mine

Find out who was on the board of this company.  Do not use lawyers (except to consult with them perhaps)  BUT LITIGATE LOCALLY AND PERSONALLY AGAINST THOSE BOARD-MEMBERS!  Board-members have access to all IT people, through the nature of IT.

Time is money, so do it now.  I only had < ten bucks in instawallet but will gladly advise any legal team.  The only way to FORCE wallet holders on the web to be real, is to use the power of court fines against them.  It is a fiscal responsibility of all who accept holding the money of the people of earth, that you harden your system, and act immediately, and openly, and FAST, when you get hacked.

What if Batman had 100,000 in instawallet?  BTC I mean?  The batcave miners need to hear what I am saying.  Every hour you should be asking how many fly by night companies you will allow in your network.

Check out my prescient ATS thread from 2008: "Windows XP: End the Cyberwar, Open the Code Now!" http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread411978/pg1
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 05:47:43 PM

Board-Members? IT people? I don't think you understand how bitcoin businesses work.

Here's a picture illustrative of the typical bitcoin companies main office.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Ek0TdUtS6yM/SYDNz7qtJMI/AAAAAAAABmM/kqhjOSc9ciA/s400/bunny2quickblogig0.jpg
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 06:08:07 PM

Aaaaaaaaand it's gone. Forever. This is an ex-change, wait, I mean, this ship has banked, wait, I mean, it's bubble has popped.

This ain't good!

SSL connection error

Unable to make a secure connection to the server. This may be a problem with the server, or it may be requiring a client authentication certificate that you don't have.

It was down yesterday also.
greyhawk

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 06:16:53 PM

Aaaaaaaaand it's gone. Forever. This is an ex-change, wait, I mean, this ship has banked, wait, I mean, it's bubble has popped.

This ain't good!

SSL connection error

Unable to make a secure connection to the server. This may be a problem with the server, or it may be requiring a client authentication certificate that you don't have.

It was down yesterday also.

Phinn, go look in Service Discussions. They have served their last bit(coin), their media is write-protected, ENDOFLINE.
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 07:15:25 PM

Board-Members? IT people? I don't think you understand how bitcoin businesses work.

Here's a picture illustrative of the typical bitcoin companies main office.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Ek0TdUtS6yM/SYDNz7qtJMI/AAAAAAAABmM/kqhjOSc9ciA/s400/bunny2quickblogig0.jpg

Greyhawk are you for real?  Because I see a mess of bullshit in your post.

This website has been involved with gambling website and others.  They have stolen from gangsters.  Do you think Internet memes are funny to gangsters?  No, they're not.

I work in IT.  If there is anyone who wants to pay me BTC to consult, I will give you a 12 month guarantee that your funds will not be absconded with like this.  Security in IT is at a premium.

Talk to me more greyhawk about how instawallet had no servers?  No outside partners?  IS it a PC in someone's basement?

I have been in the newb forum for a while, so forgive me if I say that your reply is poor.

I am sure someone with a suit, was hired by this website (instawallet) at some point.  I want web links to litigation info, and am ready to assist any victims.  I am not a lawyer but am damn good in court and can file briefs like nobody's business.

Check out my prescient ATS thread from 2008: "Windows XP: End the Cyberwar, Open the Code Now!" http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread411978/pg1
greyhawk

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 08:58:21 PM

You still don't seem to understand.

Let me show you.

Here's Instawallet's business adress:

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=10755-F+Scripps+Poway+Pkwy.+%23472&hl=de&biw=1680&bih=925&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Yes, that's a hair and nail spa in a San Diego shopping mall.

But "wait", you say, "that french dude bought Instawallet and France is not in San Diego."

Alrighty then, so let's look at the french dude who now owns instawallet. Quickly grab his business adress of one of his other assets and...

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=34+Rue+Charles+Chefson,+92270+Bois-Colombes,+Frankreich&hl=de&ie=UTF8&ll=48.917822,2.276246&spn=0.002908,0.006968&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=56.637293,114.169922&oq=34+CHARLES+CHEFSON+++BOIS-COLOMBES,+92270&t=h&hnear=34+Rue+Charles+Chefson,+92270+Bois-Colombes,+Hauts-de-Seine,+%C3%8Ele-de-France,+Frankreich&z=18

...and it's a poor people apartment building in a Paris suburb.

See where I'm going here?
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 10:50:42 PM

You still don't seem to understand.

Let me show you.

Here's Instawallet's business adress:

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=10755-F+Scripps+Poway+Pkwy.+%23472&hl=de&biw=1680&bih=925&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Yes, that's a hair and nail spa in a San Diego shopping mall.

But "wait", you say, "that french dude bought Instawallet and France is not in San Diego."

Alrighty then, so let's look at the french dude who now owns instawallet. Quickly grab his business adress of one of his other assets and...

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=34+Rue+Charles+Chefson,+92270+Bois-Colombes,+Frankreich&hl=de&ie=UTF8&ll=48.917822,2.276246&spn=0.002908,0.006968&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=56.637293,114.169922&oq=34+CHARLES+CHEFSON+++BOIS-COLOMBES,+92270&t=h&hnear=34+Rue+Charles+Chefson,+92270+Bois-Colombes,+Hauts-de-Seine,+%C3%8Ele-de-France,+Frankreich&z=18

...and it's a poor people apartment building in a Paris suburb.

See where I'm going here?

Thanks for your excellent reply.

French bitcoiners:  Watch this street for signs of Interpol.  If they are not on this person's trail, fire them as a police organization.  Remember, Interpol was made by Germans and babysat by the Nazis so if they aren't on this address within 24 hours, that smells like a rat.  Why allow Globo-Cop if they let financial criminals slip by?

Where's the 24 hour camera on this french street?  Bitcoiners want the URL.  somebody get one of these cheap a[artments and hang a tcpip cam out the window, I am sure the batcave miners will watch it 24/7 for any suspicious individuals.

Can you tell me if there are any serious wallets online?  Are any backed by real corporations?  That have IT departments I mean.

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 10:52:57 PM

Any info on HOW MUCH was paid by some French dude, for instawallet?

Also are there any copyright lawyers drafting litigation based on pending patents?

As I said, I am ready to do prosecutorial work for any legal minded people on this issue.  What was that domain worth?  What did it "sell" for and who were the original owners (who sold it?)

Thanks for being helpful.

Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 10:55:42 PM

Also are there any copyright lawyers drafting litigation based on pending patents?

As I said, I am ready to do prosecutorial work for any legal minded people on this issue.  What was that domain worth?  What did it "sell" for and who were the original owners (who sold it?)

What's Instawallet business model? Is it a non profit organization?

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 11:36:06 PM

Well profit is made when someone sells.

But if the site has no IT security, well, I would not have ever used it, even if I did have only pocket change, the opportunities for theft are amazing.  Much better to be a criminal in the bitcoin mind trust than smart I guess?  Crime does pay when you tell people with big accounts (as instawallet is doing) that they will be dealt with on a case by case basis.  This means they lost money, and that's fiduciary irresponsiblity.

Where were their servers hosted?

Where's the pastebin link to read more?

Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 11:40:41 PM

Well profit is made when someone sells.

But if the site has no IT security, well, I would not have ever used it, even if I did have only pocket change, the opportunities for theft are amazing.  Much better to be a criminal in the bitcoin mind trust than smart I guess?  Crime does pay when you tell people with big accounts (as instawallet is doing) that they will be dealt with on a case by case basis.  This means they lost money, and that's fiduciary irresponsiblity.

Where were their servers hosted?

Where's the pastebin link to read more?

It's hard to tell as well if it was a 'hack' or an insider job.

Purchase wallet service with loads of coins stored for 10K USD worth.

Then, site gets 'hacked', and coins worth 100K USD or more gone...

That's a good ROI...

Sure hope it all works out though, but goes to show users must be careful!
greyhawk

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 11:43:19 PM

Can you tell me if there are any serious wallets online?  Are any backed by real corporations?  That have IT departments I mean.

Not that I'm aware of, no.
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 11:55:30 PM

It's hard to tell as well if it was a 'hack' or an insider job.

Purchase wallet service with loads of coins stored for 10K USD worth.

Then, site gets 'hacked', and coins worth 100K USD or more gone...

That's a good ROI...

Sure hope it all works out though, but goes to show users must be careful!

Its hard to tell, if the owners abscond.

But uncle Vito knows, that you should always know who is holding your wallet!

Wow.  Okay, so nobody knows if there is even one secure web based wallet out there.  I guess people use these to tumble their cash?  Hmm, pretty stupid to steal from uncle Vito.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2013, 01:52:19 AM

The matter about google indexing instawallet's pages was brought up on Torwallet's thread, yes.
Here is Davout saying it doesn't matter: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=87387.msg979815#msg979815
As rjk said, if you keep your url safe (not post it anywhere online) google can't find it.

I gave an example. The right person will understand this.
Assertion 1 :
Your search yields approximately 19 URLs.
There are over 250,000 different wallets at Instawallet.

Assertion 2 :
Google does not magically index hidden wallet URLs.

Make your conclusions.

Somehow I read this post in such a way as to not worry any longer after adding my two cents to this thread. I felt secure enough to leave well enough alone. Boy did I fuck up.
repentance

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 02:10:26 AM

Copyright law and patent law are two separate beasts.  You're not inspiring a whole lot of confidence in your legal capabilities.  Even if you have some special insight, what standing do you have to represent anyone else in court?  In most jurisdictions you cannot practise law without a licence.  You can choose to represent yourself in a legal action, but you can't generally act on behalf of someone else unless you're a properly qualified and licensed lawyer in the relevant jurisdiction.

Right now it hasn't even been confirmed that funds have been lost. 

Also, Interpol is a clearing house.  The relevant local law enforcement agencies need to be involved before Interpol can be used to facilitate co-operation between the different national agencies involved.

Whether or not anything was stolen from Instawallet (and that's unclear right now), a computer crime has likely been committed.  I'd certainly like to know to which authorities Instawallet has reported that crime or whether they're not going to report it because they don't want the service they were operating coming under scrutiny.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2013, 02:47:20 AM

Copyright law and patent law are two separate beasts.  You're not inspiring a whole lot of confidence in your legal capabilities.  Even if you have some special insight, what standing do you have to represent anyone else in court?  In most jurisdictions you cannot practise law without a licence.  You can choose to represent yourself in a legal action, but you can't generally act on behalf of someone else unless you're a properly qualified and licensed lawyer in the relevant jurisdiction.

Right now it hasn't even been confirmed that funds have been lost. 

Also, Interpol is a clearing house.  The relevant local law enforcement agencies need to be involved before Interpol can be used to facilitate co-operation between the different national agencies involved.

Whether or not anything was stolen from Instawallet (and that's unclear right now), a computer crime has likely been committed.  I'd certainly like to know to which authorities Instawallet has reported that crime or whether they're not going to report it because they don't want the service they were operating coming under scrutiny.

I demand that they file a police report if they were hacked. They need to come here within 24 hours and show proof of some sorts that they did such. If not, then theymos should most definitely give 'em the tag, for it would surely show that a hack did not occur.

There should be no mother fucking reason for not filing a report and I will not accept ANY excuse for it not being done.

~Bruno K~
Herodes

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 03:23:36 AM

I demand that they file a police report if they were hacked. They need to come here within 24 hours and show proof of some sorts that they did such. If not, then theymos should most definitely give 'em the tag, for it would surely show that a hack did not occur.

There should be no mother fucking reason for not filing a report and I will not accept ANY excuse for it not being done.

~Bruno K~

Good point. Did you have coins jammed up in this Bruno ?
thebaron

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 03:24:47 AM

Bruno, for as much time as you put into weaving your investigations together, you never got around to getting a real wallet? Sucks dude.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2013, 04:14:18 AM

~Bruno K~

Good point. Did you have coins jammed up in this Bruno ?

Yes!

Bruno, for as much time as you put into weaving your investigations together, you never got around to getting a real wallet? Sucks dude.

This is exactly correct, and deserve all coming to me and blaming no one but myself for not getting a real wallet sooner, but was seriously exploring the option as of late, yet kept putting it off. I felt it safe since never having a problem in the past, starting with small amounts, then adding a nest egg, opting to not touch two accounts. I had a third account with less than a full bitcoin in it due to a recent purchase to satisfy a bounty.

What I find odd is that two separate sites of theirs are down at the same time. Surely they weren't both on the same server or were they?
greyhawk

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 10:15:09 AM

What I find odd is that two separate sites of theirs are down at the same time. Surely they weren't both on the same server or were they?

Well, all of their sites respond from the same IP.

Ping wird ausgeführt für instawallet.org [188.165.203.58] mit 32 Bytes Daten:
Antwort von 188.165.203.58: Bytes=32 Zeit=54ms TTL=57
Antwort von 188.165.203.58: Bytes=32 Zeit=52ms TTL=57
Antwort von 188.165.203.58: Bytes=32 Zeit=80ms TTL=57
Antwort von 188.165.203.58: Bytes=32 Zeit=93ms TTL=57

Ping-Statistik für 188.165.203.58:
    Pakete: Gesendet = 4, Empfangen = 4, Verloren = 0
    (0% Verlust),
Ca. Zeitangaben in Millisek.:
    Minimum = 52ms, Maximum = 93ms, Mittelwert = 69ms

Ping wird ausgeführt für bitcoin-central.net [188.165.203.58] mit 32 Bytes Daten
:
Antwort von 188.165.203.58: Bytes=32 Zeit=61ms TTL=57
Antwort von 188.165.203.58: Bytes=32 Zeit=63ms TTL=57
Antwort von 188.165.203.58: Bytes=32 Zeit=105ms TTL=57
Antwort von 188.165.203.58: Bytes=32 Zeit=107ms TTL=57

Ping-Statistik für 188.165.203.58:
    Pakete: Gesendet = 4, Empfangen = 4, Verloren = 0
    (0% Verlust),
Ca. Zeitangaben in Millisek.:
    Minimum = 61ms, Maximum = 107ms, Mittelwert = 84ms

Ping wird ausgeführt für paymium.com [188.165.203.58] mit 32 Bytes Daten:
Antwort von 188.165.203.58: Bytes=32 Zeit=55ms TTL=57